Bleak Street Halloween!

Luxen Silverback

Bleak Street had finally been decorated for Halloween.

There were about twenty Pumpkins flying around the street with a dark Purple flam candle inside, Other candles were floating with, black flames. In the center of the street stood a large Jack O'Lantern with three candles inside changing colors, from orange to black to purple. Streamers moved around twisting themself eeriely around the candles and pumpkins

Vampire bats flew around the street screeching as they did so, as well as about eight Dementor's Cloaks, the fear spell on them had been slightly degraded so not to cause mass panic but still create a slight fear throughout the streets.

The're were two large tables full of food and candies, as well as a large four layered black and purple cake, covered in purple flamed candles.

In the center was a large Ice Statue of a Dragon surrounded by a Werewolf and Griffon, All three blew out different drinks into large punch bowls.

The shops had all been decorated as well, The Silver Snake had a large Snake with glowing emerald eyes, it mouth was opened allowing smaller snakes to slide out and slither across the ground harmlessly hissing as they did so. A large Banner floated across the front, with large writing saying,

There were also a few Pumkins floating near the entrance with small raffel tickets in them. In the back were giant music boxes playing creepy Halloween Music throughout the street.

((PICK A TICKET AND YOU MIGHT WIN! A FREE GIFT!))

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! DISCOUNTS!

Jacqueline walked out into the street. She was slightly impressed by all decorations Luxen had come up with. It all looked rather nice. The only thing left for her to do was to decorate the front of her shop. She pulled out her wand and waved it around.

After she was done, she took a step back and looked at her work. She smirked in aproval. Lights framed the outside of her shoppe building and pumpkins with candles sat in the windows. Over the shop, hung a huge banner that read, 'Borgin and Burkes' in a flowing purple script.

Jacqueline had floating cauldrons with her own raffle tickets in them.

Luxen walked out of the store, making sure Tin had done his job properly, He was dressed as a Prince, wearing Emrald top and bottoms with a silver cape and crown. He also had a silver sword. "Nice decorations," Luxen stated looking over at Burke, "did you do your part?" he asked waving his wand so that a few more pumpkins appeared.

Maeve apparated to the street just infront of Luxens store. The street looked brilliant alot better than it usually did. She saw Luxen dressed in all his princely finery and then the penny dropped as to why he had asked her to be his princess. Well she was hoping that for the night, a dark winged princess would have to do. She walked up to him and put her hands over his eyes from behind.
"Guess who?" she whispered. She bit her lip, would he be so drastically disappointed that she didn't get dressed up in all fluff and feathers but went somewhat more traditional black for Halloween.

doll-1.gif

Luxen turned around and saw Maeve in her outfit "don't you look interesting" he said smiling, he would of course have to change but he really didn't mind since the outfit was uncomfortable anyways. "I'll be inside I have a few last minute things to take care of, please enjoy the party and welcome anybody new!" Luxen said turning back inside his shop.

Rowena was wandering the streets when she hearda lot of comotion on the street next to her; Bleak street. The street she had grown to love when she was a child but only foung it to be a disappointment. She walked into the street and found it highly decorated with pumpkins and snake and candles. She stared stunned for a second before gettkng back to her senses. 'What is happening here then?Some sort of celebration?'she asked in general.

Maeve saw the woman and smiling went up to her.
"Hello and welcome. This is the Bleak Street, Street festival. Please mingle and enjoy yourself", she said to her, "I'm Maeve, if you need any help with anything just give me a shout." she held out a long slim graceful hand to the woman, smiling sweetly as she did so.
"happy halloween!"

Rowena saw the woman who clearly had no fashion sense approached her. She said it was a festival before intoducing herself. Rowena managed a crooked smile finally as she shook the womans hand gratefully. At least she would not be alone tonight. It was only when she mentioned halloween did, Rowen spin back into confusion. 'Halloween? But isn't that not in October?'Rowena asked bewildered.

Jacqueline smirked at Luxen. She was dressed in a genie costume. It looked rather sensual. "Of course I did." she said softly to insure no one else heard her.

"Em yes!" Maeve looked at the woman who was obviously over worked and didn't know what time of the year she had. It was Halloween, the end of October. Was this woman that stretched for reality she wondered. Obviously a ministry worker she mused.
"Why do you think I'm in fancy dress?" Maeve asked of her.

Rowena felt herself blush slightly at her big mistake. 'Oh, I am sorry. I seem to have lost track of time. Well, at first, I thought that maybe you had bad fashion sense,'Rowena said, pulling her wand out of her sleeve. 'But it all makes sense to me ow. If you'll excuse me though, I shall just get myself ready for the occassion then.'Rowena said looking at her surroundings before, disapparating from Bleak Street and to her mother's home.

Maeve blinked, obviously the woman was definitly overworked she so didn't know what else to make of it all!
She looked about her smiling at the other people that were around, where was Luxen she sighed. Surely changing couldn't take him this long, she thought.

Storm was most definitly a party girl, whether she liked this part of town or not. She strolled down bleak street having apparated just outside of it and was thrilled with the decor.
"Very nice" she mused. She saw a few others dressed up and thanked her lucky stars she had had the sense to do so. Mingling amongst the crowd she made her way to a table and began to help herself to some good old fashioned fire whisky.

Rowena after having just chaged into a fancy dress costime, apparated back onto the street and saw another person had joined the street, her costime, quite a happy one. she wlked up to her. 'Hello. How are you?'she asked as she helped herself to some fire whisky as well.
z11-1-1.gif

Storm nearly spilled her drink on top of herself as she was approached by someone. She gulped the fire whisky back unintentionally and looked at the woman beside her.
"I'm good" she answered her, "nice costume, I think I've gone a bit too far the other way for this street!"
Storm smiled at the woman then held out her hand to her.
"Hi, I'm Storm. Storm Avainne".

Thanatos was dressed up, quite ironically, as a Death Eater. He smiled under his hood and mask. It was a shame that Drage hadn't thought about getting the Death Eaters together and doing a raid or something for Halloween. It would have been the ideal time. He had already seen half a dozen teenagers and adults wondering the streets of Obsidian Harbor dressed just the same as him - as the infamous Death Eaters. That was the great thing about this time of year. He wondered, while walking into Bleak Street, if he could use it to his advantage.
<i></i>

Luxen walked back out witha Dementor's cloak around him, the hood was down so the effects of the cloak were not activated, He looked around to see that more people were arriving, one dressed up as a Death Eater. He looked up and made sure Tin was in his spot manipulating the other Death Eater's cloaks so that they would swoop down on people giving them breif instances of fear. Luxen waved his wand and more pumpkins appeared.

Rowena chuckled slightly as it seemed she had givin the lady a fright. 'yes, a little bit,'she took storm's hand and shook it. 'Rowena. Nice to meet you.'

Mary-Jane apparated into Bleak Street. She had heard about the Halloween Party and had dresser up like a Korean Princess. She was supposed to meet her boyfriend there. She went in and noticed Ardian wasn't there yet. She wanted to speak to somebody, but there was no one she knew. Praying Ardian would come fast, she waited.

doll-image1-1.gif

Maeve smiled as she saw Luxen reappear in a different costume. Funny how this one suits him, she mused. She continued mingling amongst the crowd making people feel welcome. She noticed another woman on her own and went to greet her.
"Hello", she smiled kindly at her, "Your costume is wonderful. Did you make it yourself?"
She enquired, realising how heavy the wings were becoming, she thought she might nip into the Silver Snake in a while and do a charm on them.

"A pleasure to meet you too Rowena", Storm smiled as the lady took her hand and shook it. She pulled it back gently and quickly picked up another fire whisky. She hated people invading her personal space.
"Do you work around this street?" she asked sipping her drink and looking about at the many people who seemed to have made an effort with their fancy dress.

'No. In the Ministry. What about you?'Rowena asked still siping at her first fire-whisky. she wasn't going to have herself getting drunk.

Jacqueline smiled as she looked around. Quite a few people were on the street now. She noticed someone in a death eater cloak. He reminded her of Thantos. She walked over to him. "Hello there." she said softly.

J.gif

Maeve looked about her, the party seemed to be going really well.
She decided she could do with a small drink herself and picked up a goblet of wine.
Wondering where Luxen was now she scanned the crowd, she had gotten him a gift and it felt like it was weighing heavier and heavier in her bag.

The more time that passed, she felt more reluctant to give it to him. What if he thought it silly and even too much. She bit her lip, maybe she had been wrong to go back home to Ireland to get it.

She sipped her wine and a drop spilt on her cleavage, she picked up a napkin and dabbed it dry.
'Wasn't that supposed to be bad luck?' she mused her superstitous nature gleaning through.

Luxen surveyed the crowd, on top of the Silver Snake, everything was going smoothly so far but he was slightly worried that nobody had approached him, He was sure they'd be interested in the goods. He wondered if the moron Burke, had done her job. He waved his wand again and more pumpkins appeared floating along.

"Make sure everything continues to run on course Tin!" Luxen ordred to his elf, as a slight jolt of fear burst towards him. It had been one of the Dementor Cloaks flying just above his head towards the crowd below, Luxen smiled they had really been a good idea.

He decided to go back down and rejoin the party. He was sure Maeve would be worried and he also needed to be as visible as possible. Luxen wondered as he was headed down if the man dressed up as a Death Eater, really was one. He'd seen Burke speaking to him and that made him wondered. No! nobody would be that incredibly STUPID as to show up to a place where there would be about a dozen Ministry Members, actually dressed up as a Death Eater if they really were ones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back