Blake's Hide Out

As Lily packed, Blake took off his cloak and wrapped it around Isabeau's body, clutching it tightly to his chest. Once everything was packed up and they were ready, Blake took Cloe's wand and chucked it deep into the forest, much to Cloe's horror. Lily's kiss caught off guard, however, if only for a moment before he recomposed himself and returned it passionately, ravenous for more when it finally ended.
Without another delay, Blake sighed happily in relief, and kicked off the ground flying away from the little clearing. He did not look back to see the shock or rage on Cloe's face because as much as he disliked her, he did not want his last vision of her to be that of someone bound up and helpless. He wanted to avoid guilt for as long as possible, and now was not the time for mercy.
She'll find a way out of this... she always does.

It was not long before they reached the edge of the woods, and so Blake landed softly. "I guess this is where we say goodbye..." his voice trailed off as his eyes met Lily's. He felt horrible for the incident they had narrowly escaped. Had it not been for Isabeau, Blake would have had to watch Lily writhe and scream with terror at the hands of his... of Cloe. "I'm sorry... for causing you so much trouble and putting you into danger. If I had known, I would never have returned..."

Lily loved the feel of flying on the back of Blake's broom. She was sadened when the trees started to thin and he moved to land. She got off the broom slowly, and still held on to Blake as much as possible. "I don't want to let you go, but I know I will see you in a few weeks. I will show up on Josh's front steps no matter what!" She smiled at Blake, moving closer to him. "Don't worry about me. I am just glad you are safe and are heading to Josh's," she whispered. She turned her face up to his, sadness and hope mixed in her eyes.

Leaning forward to close the distance between them, Blake kissed Lily once more. A couple of weeks without this? he complained. When it ended, Blake resisted the urge to pout. "I'll see you soon, and will definitely keep in touch meanwhile."
Giving Lily's hand a squeeze before he let go, Blake then kicked off into the air and, with one last glance in Lily's direction, he was gone.

Lily felt her heart beat faster as Blake kissed her one last time before leaving. She was sad to see him go, but happy he was safe. "I will see you soon." She thought about saying the three words she wanted to say the most, but was not sure how Blake would react since they never said those words before. As she watched him fly away, she thought to herself. Blake I love you. Be safe. When he was out of sight, she turned to walk up to the castle, taking care to avoid being seen.

Ferra had once again, wondered away from the other centaurs and was enjoying her own company just galloping about with her bow and leather pouch of arrows were slung over her shoulder. It was about mid-evening and soon the sun would be setting. That was her normal curfew for 'maturing' centaurs, focusing mainly on the female centaurs of the herd. So for Ferra, this law was very much enforced.
Barely sweating a bead, she continued to push herself forward harder, dodging trees along the way with her hair and tail whipping behind her violently.
Then finally she made it to the one place where the sun reached the grassy ground without any obscuring trees and tall plants; the little clearing at the center of the wood. Slowing her gallop into a trot, and then lastly plopping herself down on the soft grass, Ferra neighed happily. However, to her horror, not far away from her was what appeared to be a human body, bound tightly with rope.
"Who goes there?" Ferra yelled, pouncing onto her front hooves followed by her back, all hairs standing on ends. Insticntively she withdrew her bow and an arrow, pulling the string for a ready strike.

Cloe watched wide-eyed as a female centaur galloped into the clearing, and upon realising it was not alone, to her horror, it aimed its bow at her. Cloe mumbled incoherent words through the rope piece in her mouth, rolling about in her struggle to show that she was defenseless. Whether that was a good thing or not, she had not decided.

Ferra raised an eyebrow at the human rolling around before her, then decided that the female posed no threat to her and relaxed her bow.
"If I untie you, will you promise to behave?" she finally said, feeling sorry for the human.

Ferra plopped herself down beside the woman and began untying the rope. "Who did this to you? Such cruelty! If any other creature had found you before me, well, you might not have been this lucky," she said firmly, shaking her head at the thought. Ferra might be foul and unpleasant at times, but never would she ever sink to such a level this low. Only a horrible being could do such a thing.
"There," she said again one the rope was loose. "Now, who are you and what is your purpose here?" Getting up onto her feet again Ferra backed away from the human and strung her bow again, just in case.

Cloe quickly unwound the rope from around her got onto her feet just as the centaur spoke. Slowly she raised her hands in truce and said, "My name is Cloe and I was out here in this forest on an errand..." As her voice trailed off, she decided that she would keep exactly what that errand was a secret. "I am unarmed. My wand was thrown away."

"Well then Cloe, I advise you leave this forest immediately. This is no man's territory, and if other centaurs find you, they will not be as merciful to a full grown witch, and an armed one at that."

"But, our kinds are at peace! Why would any centaur wish to attack a human? I pose no threat!" Cloe said unsettled. Ever since the Battle of Hogwarts, where centaur and man fought side by side, an undisturbed peace was believed to have been agreed upon.

"Yes but you must understand that there are different herds, and they don't all follow the same laws. The wild centaurs can be vicious." Ferra pursed her lips into a hard line, her eyes narrowing as she tried to stress the seriousness of her warning. "Leave."

Cloe nodded to signify her understanding. "I will be gone soon enough. I just need to find my wand," she said gruffly. She could have easily summoned it back, but she needed a diversion to have a moment to herself. While feeling poorly for submitting to the orders of a mere centaur.
Without waiting for an answer, Cloe quickly dusted off her robes and stalked off into the direction where Blake had thrown her wand. She was still silently fuming over what had happened only moments before. If it hadn't been for that stupid snake, she would be miles away with Blake at her side.
Once she had gotten far enough away from the centaur, Cloe felt tears begin to brim her eyes, the lump in her throat growing larger by the second. Retrieving Blake had been harder than she had anticipated, and this only made her feel more hopeless. He had gotten away from her twice now, this underage son of hers who she had highly underestimated. In a way, she was proud of him. If it had been her in his shoes, she probably wouldn't have had the nerve to run away from her parents; considering how strict her father had always been with her. Perhaps that was why she did not have such a firm hold on Blake, because she had not been around a lot while he was growing up. Cloe frowned at the idea of probably having to earn her son's respect. Madness. He still should have obeyed her.
Though Cloe was certain that it was not necessarily her word that had him rebelling against her, but instead the fact that she had forced him to separate from that silly girl he was seeing. She was already disapproving of their age, but now the simple idea that her son was choosing this girl over her only made her more sour. With a heavy sigh, Cloe then stopped next to a tree figuring she was a fair distance away from the centaur to allow herself to cry uncontrollably. What was she going to do? What was there to do?
Gathering herself together again, Cloe straightened up and quickly wiped away the thick tears that left her face red with misery. She could only leave New Zealand, as she knew that as long as Blake was out of the country with Joshua or at Hogwarts then he would be protected. It had, in any case, been over a year so perhaps the matter had passed over.
"Accio wand!" she called, holding out her open palm as it flew toward her. With nothing left to do, she then turned and made her way out of the forest, out the Hogwarts main gate and then finally apparating to Obsidian Harbor, right outside of the Leaky Cauldron.

Ferra was just about to protest about the woman going further into the forest when she stormed off anyway. Rolling her eyes feebly, she then turned and galloped back into the direction she came from, figuring her day was already ruined for archery practice. "Humans," she huffed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back