Black Spring Day

Ksaafa was happy with this arrangement. He seated himself on the bike seat, indicated for Mark to stand on the pegs on the back of his bike, and once he was on, started pedalling along the gravel road. It took only a few minutes as Ksaafa pedalled hard and fast, enjoying the feeling of the air rushing over his face.

They didn't need to go all the way to the Lowart house, just to where Ksaafa and Cale had their treehut. Stopping the bike and leaning it against another tree, Ksaafa jumped to grab a hold of the lowest branch of the big tree in which they'd built their hut. It had started as a platform between some of the central branches, but over the years had spread. There used to be small blocks of wood nailed into the side of the tree to help them climb, but as they'd gotten older and more capable of climbing without help, they'd removed these steps so it was harder for pesky younger siblings to follow them up. "You can come up if you want," he said to Mark.

When he reached the highest platform, Ksaafa grabbed one of the two wands that were hidden under a removable panel. It didn't really matter which he took; all his siblings' wands were the same: 8 1/2" Totara wands with weka feather cores. They were just wands that their mum had made them - Ksaafa was unaware of the concept of the wand choosing the wizard. When he had it he held it up for Mark to see and cast a weak bluebell flames charm. Jumping down from limb to limb, they were soon back on the ground and Ksaafa suggested Mark ride the bike while he stood on the back.

Mark climbed onto the back of the bike and help onto Ksaafa's shoulders as he rode to the tree house. When they arrived Mark watched him climb up and shout him. Mark jumped up and hauled himself up to the top and into the tree house. He looked around then let his eyes fall on his wand. When he cast a weak spell Mark moved out of the way not really bothering to do anything else. By the looks of the other wands it seemed they all had the same one. He found that a little strange. " WHy do you all have the same wands? Doesnt it get a little confusing?" He asked curiously before jumping back out onto the floor. Mark went over to the bike and sat on the seat waiting for K to get on the back. " Ok well hold on tight, i dont want you to fall off and injure yourself ok. Although i do know a few healing spells but dont get any idea's." He laughed and began to pedal back down the hill at pace

When Mark asked about Ksaafa's wand, he was happy to explain, "My Mum made them all! It doesn't matter whose is whose - they all work. Mum can make all kinds of magic stuff. You should go see her shop. It's called Natural Magic. It's at Mākutu Mall. Who made yours?" he asked of Mark's wand.

He stood on the pegs on the back of his bike and held on to Mark's shoulders at he sped down the road.

Mark spoke as he peddled. " I dont know. I got mine from a shop because it was the best one that fit with me. I dont really like the idea of having the same wand as everyone else. A wand is suppose to match who you are so it can work good." He shrugged and came to a halt when he reached his house. Jumping off the bike he turned to his new friend. " Wait here a sec." Mark told him as he went inside and up to his room to get his broom. He jumped back down stairs and back out the door. " Ok you can ride the bike i will take the broom his said with a grin. " So where now?"

Ksaafa kind of liked the thought of a wand made to fit him perfectly. He'd never thought about it before. He filed the information in his mind for later.

When they stopped, Ksaafa was surprised. He hadn't known other wizards lived so close. Mark was a little older than him, but he figured they could be friends anyway. He couldn't wait to introduce him to Cale. He looked about him as Mark went inside. The house was quite different from his own, but he'd always known his family was different - he had thought it might be a wizard/muggle difference, but then he remembered his dad had been pretty different, too, and he was a muggle anyway.

Mark came bounding outside with a strange looking broomstick in his hand. Ksaafa looked at it critically. "You're really going to fly on that?" he didn't quite believe it, but was incredibly curious. "Let's go to the magic mall. That way no-one will look at us weird," he suggested.

Mark nodded at his question. " Of course i am. We can go there if you want." Mark said with a grin and he got onto the broom and kicked off from the ground and began to float. He looked at Ksaafa and raised his eye brows. " See, mister you carnt fly a broom." He laughed and moved forward a little. " So shall we go to the mall." He asked looking forward again. He knew his way there easily and he was sure that Ksaafa knew his way there or he wouldnt have said anything. Mark made sure he had a firm grip on the broom so he wouldnt end up falling off and looking like a tw@t

Ksaafa's jaw dropped as Mark mounted the broom and kicked off. He was really flying! Ksaafa knew he was going to need to try that for himself! Following Mark with a laugh, he headed in the direction of the mall.

((Sorry, extremely lame post. Not sure what I'm doing with Ksaafa. Might give him a break until I sort out my other characters.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back