Good evening, Good evening Good evening and welcome to another episode of BWU (bonus points if you read that in Steven Fry's voice). I know it hasn't been quite biweekly but the update took a break over the holidays. so now we have a whole month to catch up on. I will give you a second to sit down, make a cup of tea and get ready. are you comfortable? alright, let's get to it.

Semester 2 week 4
The new semester is well underway, and we are about to head into week four. We welcomed Professor Cairo Keller to teach muggle studies 3-4. thank you, Verity, for stepping up into the role. And thank you all, professors, for your dedication; as much as we moan about doing them, classes are the backbone of the school. But remember, if you are struggling with posting or grading your site, staff are here to help you out.
Talking of classes, it is coming into week four. what are you waiting for? It is time to post in classes and get points so someone other than Slytherin can win (and because some of the professors have bets on it)

Quidditch
Gryffindor took on Ravenclaw in a blink-and-you-missed-it game that ended with Ravenclaws seeker catching the snitch. I am sure the nurses were very pleased with the lack of casualties. keep your eyes open for Slytherin Vs Hufflepuff for the title of Quidditch champion. Check out the match here or react in the stands here. (rumour has it that there is even a party open to all houses here)

Special events
There has been a lot going on since the last update. The Yule ball, School Summer/Christmas Holidays, and Valentine's Dance may be over. But fear not, there are still a lot of things going on. Brightstone weekend is open at the moment. which leads us to...

Student future planning
If you have a student who is not sire where the future is going there are a couple of events going on. The Electives fair has just opened. Mostly targeted to second years, though anyone is welcome to have a look around and find out what the electives involve, what actually is arithmancy? and do muggle-borns really benefit from muggle studies? You can find the event here
For those of you in your fifth, sixth, or seventh year and looking at life beyond school, we have a new event. The career prep event is coming to a HNZ near you. Sign-ups, and more information can be found here.

Keeping an eye on the DM's.
as we head towards the end of the year, please keep an eye on your DM's.
Seventh-years, you should have received a yearbook questionnaire a little while ago. Please reply to that if you haven't already.
Club Leaders/Quidditch captains, you should have received a DM about next year. please respond before week 5. Even if there is no change in the club lineup. so we can get things confirmed (and you can have a IC hand over thread if you want to)

Secret Santa
In December, we held our last OOC event of the Year (and one of my personal favourites), Secret Santa. Thank you to everyone who participated and created such special presents. They were all amazing and much loved. A big thank you to Marijke and Cyndi for organising.

New Year
After Christmas comes the New Year. And I want to take a moment in this BWU to wish every one of you a happy and healthy 2024. May it be a year of good things, good health, good people and lots of love and laughter. Thank you all for being such awesome and amazing people and for everything you have brought to the site in 2023.
Even though we are now two weeks into the new year, it is not too late to celebrate and make some resolutions (or cheer others on with theirs) the resolutions thread can be found here

Book Club
After the topic was raised in the resolutions thread, HNZ started a HNZ book club. The book for January/February is The Measure (which I am personally struggling to put down long enough to write this update). Come and join the discussion. and even if you don't read the book, the question is, would you open the box? more information, including what box I mean, can be found here

Bingo
the incredible people of MESSI have put together a new game of RP bingo. A game to do at your own pace with different RP challenge prompts. A little birdie told me there is even a cool prize once you complete your sheet. you can find the thread here

[/big]

• None, Zero, Zilch
  • a whole month, holidays and two events
  • I am sure we can do better next time:(

• 👩‍⚕️ 👮‍♂️ 🧑‍🏫 🧑‍🚒 👨‍💼 🦹‍♀️ 🎪
  • 🏙️
  • 🐍 🏀 🦡
  • 🖼️🖼️🖼️ :r
  • 💌

Wow that was a lot.
well done for making it through the update and the festive season. make sure that you take some time to unwind and look after yourself, For those in the south stay cool 🥵 :cool: for those in the north stay cozy ☕ 🔥

Mia :mia:

(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Thanks for posting, Mia!

Thanks for posting Mia!

Archived

It's time for some new news, so we're archiving this to get it out of the way.

Please make sure to check out the news and updates section for the most up to date site news. If you have any questions about this piece of news, please reach out to an administrator.

~The HNZ Site Staff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back