Birthday Time

Imogen Day

OOC First Name
Emzies
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
It was safe to say Immy wasn't too excited about the fact it was her birthday. Yes she was finally 12, but this was also the day of her brothers death and while she wanted to be happy about her birthday, this hung over her shoulders and made her heart heavy. Still Imogen got up and dressed. She wanted to enjoy this day. Smiling to herself, she got dressed in her regular Gryffindor inspired clothes and headed to the hall. She really wanted no one to remember her birthday. So as she walked into the hall, Imogen sat at the very edge of the table and help herself to an apple.

The post came when Imogen was half way into her apple. She had gotten a large box and a card. Imogen opened the card and smiled. It was from her sister. Immy was very happy to here from her. With a smile Imogen went to open the present. Inside was a copy of Jane Eyre. Imogen was very surprised, she'd never read Jane Eyre. She had wanted to, but hadn't had much time to buy books. Smiling, Imogen opened the book and began.

The weather outside didn't reflect Lauren's mood, it was dark and gloomy and Lauren was not feeling like that. She woke up early and she felt happy. There was an important occasion today : her best friends birthday. She smiled as she got dressed and checked her hair. Lauren firstly wondered where her best friend would be on her birthday, the gryffindor common room? the great hall?. She decided to go to the great hall, Immy would have to go there for breakfast anyway. She filled her cat's food bowl with food and went down to the great hall.

She skipped into the hall wearing a big smile on her face, while looking round for Immy. She soon spotted her best friend at the Gryffindor table. She bounced over to her and gave her best friend a hug. "Hi!" she said brightly "Happy birthday!".

im sorry,I haven't got a present because brightstone is shut :glare:

Imogen looked up from her book to see her best friend. Immy couldn't help but smile at her. She hugged her back and smiled at the birthday wishes. Immy was very happy about her birthday now. Okay, she didn't have all the family she wanted with her and she wasn't with her family, but being with her best friend was just as good. Imogen smiled brightly at her.

"Thank you, I can't believe I'm 12." Imogen said excitedly. "I also can't believe it's almost the end of the year. Have breakfast with me."

It's fine

Teddy was up in his room. He was searching the place for his present for Immy, so far he had checked his skinny jeans' pockets and the bag he had brought back from his shopping. After about ten minutes of searching he found the box he was looking for and shoved it into the pocket he had originally assumed it was in. The hufflepuff quickly threw on a random shirt and his converses and ran down to the breakfast hall.

When Teddy entered the great hall, a bit out of breath from his run down the stairs, he quickly scanned the room for Immy. He spotted his girlfriend half way down the gryffindor table. Teddy walked up behind her and waited for her to finish talking with her friend before putting his arm around her shoulder.

"Happy birthday. You alright?"

Imogen looked up as someone put there arm around her. Imogen smiled at him. Her boyfriend. She was very happy to see him on her birthday. She smiled and nodded. She was alright. She was. The thoughts of her brothers did seem to play on her mind but she pushed them away. She didn't want to not enjoy her 12th birthday. They'd want that. She continued to smile brightly. She loved school. It was amazing, she'd made so many friends.

"Thank you. I'm brilliant. I just can't believe I'm 12." Imogen said smiling. "Join us, we were just about to have breakfast." Immy said smiling at both Teddy and Lauren.

Lauren smiled and sat down next to Immy at the gryffindor table. As she reached out to grab a peice of toast she heard another person join them. Lauren put the toast on her plate and looked up. She saw a boy who was obviously Immy's boyfriend. Lauren smiled at the boy and said a small "Hey".

Teddy grinned at her response and sat next to her, on the side away from her friend. "Hi, I'm Teddy." He introduced himself to her mate, doubting that he had met her before. HE gave Immy a kiss on the cheek and put his hand in his pocket, making sure the box was still there. "So, when would you like your present?"

Imogen took an apple as both Lauren and Teddy sat down. She took a small bite into it before realising that she should maybe introduce her best friend and her boy friend. The two people Imogen cared about the most in Hogwarts. She smiled from on to the other. She really was beginning for the first time in years enjoying her birthday.

"Lauren this is Teddy, as he just said. Teddy this is Lauren."Imogen said pointing to both in turn. She blushed a little when he kissed her cheek, she nodded slightly and smiled. "Yes, but I'm pretty certain that you I asked you not to buy me anything."

Cyril stepped into the great hall, with his usual black t-shirt, with blue and white doodles on it, usually them being lines intercrossing with each other and long white pants with Nike sports shoes. His bag was slung on his shoulder and he looked around the area, searching for his house table. After his one semester leave from Hogwarts, he barely remembered where his table was, and he even forgot when lessons started. Usually, he would of woken up at least three hours before the start of lessons, but this time he had slept for an extra hour and half. Another forty-five minutes was spent on combing his hair, bathing and picking out the clothes that he would wear for today.

Finally finding his house table, he casually strolled towards it, but was disappointed to find most of the table full. He noticed an empty bench, right in front of a two girls, one with a boy sitting beside it with his hand slung over her shoulder. The girl seemed familiar to him, as if they had met somewhere before.

I was missing here for most of the school year .. So it must of been .. Before Hogwarts?

Then, he felt a click in his mind. That girl was named Imogen, and they had met in a park before the start of school. She had fallen down and Cyril was the one that helped her up, and gave her a band-aid. Stepping towards her table, Cyril paused before the bench opposite her and said in a polite tone, "Hey, Imogen, right? Do you mind if I sit here? The other tables are full." To emphasize his point he cocked his head towards the other tables, all of them full.

Cyril couldn't help but notice the large package on the table, and there was a nagging thought in his mind that it was her birthday. They had only met once, so he didn't really know much about her, though its quite likely that it was her birthday. Deciding to risk guessing, Cyril then added, "Is it your birthday today?" There was a light smile dancing on his lips, friendly and all.

Imogen looked up at the sound a vaguely familiar voice. She saw a boy. Who she did recongise. He looked familiar but Imogen was sure she hadn't seen him in a while. But that didn't matter, Immy smiled at the boy and nodded to him. She nodded again when he asked if it was her birthday. Imogen flashed a bright smile and nodded. She looked curiously to him. She could remember who this boy was. She was positive she'd met him somewhere before. Immy looked down at her book and remembered. He was the boy who'd helped her after she'd fallen while walking and reading. Cyril, if she remembered correctly.

"Yeah, most people call me Immy though. Sit with us. Lauren and Teddy this is Cyril. It is Cyril right?" Imogen asked, "Yeah It is my birthday. I'm 12 today."

"Yeah! I remembered you telling me to call you Immy at the park." Cyril said this with a grin on his face as he slid into the chair. Flashing a smile at both Lauren and Teddy, he looked back at Immy with a mock sad face on his face, "I'm sorry I didn't bring you any presents though .. I promise I'll get one in a week or so!"

Picking up a piece of buttered toast from the table, he nibbled at the end of it as he thought of a present to buy for Imogen. She loved books, so he wondered if he should give her some books. But somehow, he kinda thought that what Imogen needed wasn't a book - He had seen her reading enough of books at the park, as she ended up falling on the floor.

(Is there a posting order?)

"Nice to meet you Lauren." Teddy grinned before turning back to the birthday girl. "And what made you think I would listen?" He grinned. He watched as another boy sat down, Introduced as Cyril. "Nice to meet you mate." He grinned at the boy before turning, once again, back to Immy. "So, do you want it now or later?"

(I'm guessing it's first post first serve :D but don't post too far without other people)

"Yeah nice to meet you Teddy" Lauren said smiling and she resumed eating her toast. But it wasn't long before they were joined by another person. Another person who Lauren had never met before but it looked like Immy knew him. "Hi Cyril" Lauren said smiling at him.

Imogen gave a small laugh but shook her head. She didn't want Cyril to buy her a present. They'd only met once before this. She hadn't even wanted Teddy to buy her present. She smiled at all three people. She was loving her birthday. She was with her best friend, friend and boyfriend. It was perfect. She turned to Teddy and nodded. She did want it now. She didn't want it now to show off, but more because her curiousity wouldn't be able to hold to long. She smiled.

"Yeah, I'd like it now." Imogen said smiling at him.

Teddy reached into his pocket and pulled out the long thin black box and handed it over. It had a small red ribbon tied around it, making sure it wouldn't open and break.

"You didn't tell me what you would like so I guessed." He had had to owl his dad to order it for him, seeing as how it came from a muggle shop. The necklace was small and simple, with a small blue jewel on it, three smaller jewels and a very small engraving curving around the shape on the back. x Imogen Day x.

"Do you like it?" He wasn't sure if it was enough. Or maybe it was too much.

Imogen took the box, and gave Teddy a small kiss on the cheek for the fact he had bought something for her. She was already excited by the box and red ribbon tied around it. She pulled of the ribbon and placed it down beside her plate. She smiled at the little black box as she opened it. She gasped at what was inside. It was beautiful. Before even taking the necklace out the box, she threw her arms around teddy and hugged him close.

"It's beautiful, thank you." Imogen said pulling away. She slowly pulled the necklace out the box, and carefully placed it around her neck. "Thank you." Immy said feeling the necklace with her hand, while looking up at Teddy.

Teddy grinned at her reaction. He leant over to where she was trying to put it on. "Here, let me." He took the chain and clipped it together, letting it fall into place in line with her collor bones. "There you go." HE grinned still, he was extatic that she liked it.

Imogen smiled and let Teddy pin the necklace. She was smiling brightly. This day was amazing. Breakfast with awesome people, new book and necklace. She had always thought of her neck as a little bare. She leaned over and gave Teddy a small kiss on the cheek, before turning back to Lauren and Cyril.

"If only we could have cake for breakfast." Imogen said smiling brightly at her friends.

Looking over the variety of food on the platters, Cyril bit his lip slowly as he decided what he wanted to have. There wasn't any problem with him eating too much food, with his crazily high metabolism rate. Heck, he could eat enough food to feed an elephant and still feel hungry four hours later! The side of his lip curled up in his trademark smile as he watched Teddy and Imogen go around their romantic things and he rolled his eyes slightly. When Imogen shook her head at him offering to buy her a present, Cyril simply smiled and shrugged. No matter what she was going to say, she would get a present, somehow.

Cyril was then spun into another of his fantasies as he saw Teddy clip the necklace around Imogen's neck, and Imogen giving him a small kiss. He was jealous of them, really. How much he hoped that he would have someone to share his joy with, to share his woes with. But at the moment, just no. With his busy schedule and his cramming for the exams, he couldn't bear to have someone else in his life which would take his attention away from his studies. To him, his studies were as important as anything in the world, except for his guitar, probably. Pouring himself a goblet of ice cold tea Cyril poured large, ridiculous amounts of sugar syrup into it - There was nothing to keep you up like a sugar rush.

Then, Cyril picked three scrambled eggs from the plates and started to eat them. When Imogen wished that they could have cake for breakfast, Cyril put down his fork for a moment and smiled jokingly, "You know, that wouldn't be impossible, with all the House Elves around. One of us could just run down to the kitchens and then come back with a eight-tier cake."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back