Birds of a feather?

Francine Fleming

OOC First Name
Ana,nana
Wand
Oak Wood 13 1/2 Inches with rubber sap for the core
Francine was sporting a blue model today which, with her rather rad hair, seemed a little odd on her. But then rather odd is what Francine was all about these days. There was a time third year or maybe fourth when she was a normal girl. There where those that remembered what Francine used to be like but those days where long gone. Francine Fleming had been the school odd ball for ages now and no one would have it any different. Francine was odd yes but nice enough. She was even seen with some of the nicer girls talking to them under whatever parasol she had chosen to fight off the sun with. For Francine it was incredibly important to keep her skin as pail as possible. She was walking the halls now wondering if there was not a loose end in classes that she had forgotten to tie before the holidays came up.

That was until she spotted what could be a new trend popping up. "Gee I hope not." She muttered to herself. The shoes that she had seen for the third time in a row that day where a pair of closed toe slippers. The band near the base of foot where solid but the closed toe part seemed to be a fine film. Around the solid band where sparkles or little starts and glitter. Had the material been better or had the shoes been shaped differently Francine would have liked them but as they stood now they looked to her like duck shoes. "I thought those went out with boy bands." She muttered again and made her way again shaking her head. The things that came back like a bad penny.

Winter was pretty cold in Beauxbaton and the students had to wear awful outfits but since they were having their weekend, they were allowed to wear anything they wanted. Vivian opened her wardrobe, taking the pink coat and white boots and wore it. Other people might find her style odd because not all wizards were big fans of what she was wearing. She found them boring and she was so much more interested in muggel fashion. Seoul, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Paris was her favorite place to shop. She spent a lot of time in Harajuku, cosplaying. She enjoyed it somehow and she didn't even care if she was mocked by some prejudiced pureblood in the school for being known as a muggle lover. And she didn't even care if they called her a blood traitor.

After looking at herself in the mirror, Vivian walked down to the common room which was pretty abandoned at this time. A lot of the students went to the village but Vivian didn't feel like it. She walked to the corridors and watch the snow falling heavily. There weren't many students at that time, just the way she liked it. And sadly she didn't spot Brad anywhere, probably he was in the village with some of his friends pranking other students. As she walk all by herself in the corridors, she saw a girl passing her. She glance at her, looking at her outfit and smiled as she continue walking.

Francine looked at the girl and smiled back. "Herajuku, Japan if I'm not mistaken." She said as the girl retreated. Most of the time it wasn't all that important for her to talk to people. There where some that had stopped talking to her because of her new ideals for fashion and beauty. The uniforms where decent enough if one knew now to dress them but she had to agree that they where quite limiting. "Have one of those in yellow myself though I'm a bit too tall to really sport it." She added as she gestured to the coat she was waring. Looking at her she could already see the outfit that she was going to make when she got home. Her mother owned one of the few magical sowing machiens in existence. People often used charms on needle and thread to make outfits but her mother had modified a muggle machine to do the job better. Francine wasn't allowed to bring it with her but she was allowed to use it when she went home.

Francine smiled at a boy that walked by and eyed her. She didn't really care if it was from distain or intreste she smiled at everyone that payed attention her. It was her way of saying that she didn't care what they thought about her. She wore what she wore because she liked it. "Names Francine by the way. And you are?" She asked her a friendly manor. She might as well get the name to the person that was bold enough to ware Lolita styles at school where French fashion was followed more than anything else when free dress was allowed.

Hearing the girl talked, Vivian stopped and faced her, smiling. "My sister made this for me" She said proudly, Sally was a young and talented designer who was currently enrolling in Durmstrang. She made her own clothes and sometimes would make some for her siblings including designing it of course. "Do you like it?" Who wouldn't like such a cute outfit? Vivian's sister would look better in it because she was small, at least shorter than Vivian. But of course Vivian looked good in it as well only if Sally was the one who wore it, she would look so much adorable. Vivian was confused after knowing that the girl in front of her had the same coat as hers. She was sure that her sister made this, she saw her making it with the help of magic of course.

"Vivian" She said and nodded her head. "You do look familiar, are we in the same class?" She asked wondering if she was, if not then it was probably someone else. But she definitely had seen her around and she was sure of that. Beside there weren't many people who dare wearing such style, people were simple in the castle. Especially prejudiced pureblood, they were boring. This was the reason why Vivian would rather hang out with muggle lovers and muggleborns than those robots.

Francine studied the coat closer and could tell that it was hand made. "And with what skill too." She said with a grand smile on her face. "I would like to meet your sister one of these days that outfit is absolutely wonderful and with such a pretty face you are the perfect model for it." She said looking down at the girl she was quickly considering a friend. This was why she chose neo Victorian styles over lolita most of the time. Standing at a five feet seven inches she was a bit too tall to pull most of it off. Francine made it work of course but still it wasn't the same as what she was looking at.

Francine searched the girl's face for a moment and then smiled. "Of course Vivien Kang, we're in the same year. I usually sit in the front taking as many notes as I can but I've seen you before too. Of course everyone tends to run together when we ware that fashion don't of a uniform." She said shaking her head. "Come walk with me, talk with me. I want to hear your opinion on the footware that has been seen around school lately. I think they are shapeless ugly duck shoes myself but I could be wrong." She said smiling and inviting her to walk in the same direction that she was.

It seemed that the girl knew nothing about Vivian's older sister. Was she new? Or was Sally unpopular? "She used to go here but she's now in Durmstrang. Sally, Sally Kuang." She said trying to see if the girl knew who Sally was. If not then Vivian wont mind, after all not everyone had to know who Sally was. "Thank you" She said and blushed after being complimented, obviously she wasn't used to it. People usually tease her for wearing such an outfit. "Yours is awesome too, where did you get it?" The girl probably made her own outfit as well but again Vivian knew nothing about her so there was no harm in asking.

The wind was blowing harder and harder, Vivian walk along with Francine on the corridor getting some stares from the students. "Oohhh tell me about it" She said with a disappointing tone while saying it. "Honestly they don't even know what fashion is" Well of course, she dislike her uniform, it was too plain. And whenever she wanted to put a belt around her waist, she ended up losing it because they weren't allowed to wear it in class. "Sadly, they've no idea about how they look in it" Well of course, why should they? After all a lot of students in the school would rather be around wizards than muggles.

"NO WAY!" She said with eyes wide open. Sally Kuang was a very up and coming designer and Francine hoped to follow right behind her. It was sad that Beauxbaton had lost her but that was how the dice fell. "You never said that your sister was Sally Kuang I thought it a coincidence or something. Beauxbatons missed her terribly. As for me my mother has sent me beauxbatons ever since first year. It was either here or Salem Witches Academy and quite frankly I didn't want to go to an all girl's school." She said the put her tongue between her teeth. "I made it. I make things like this and Lolita styles. I'm also dabbling in a bit of Steampunk but that's only an extension of the Neo Victiorian style I love. A bit to tall to pull off Lolita. There would be boys trying to look up my skirt for ages." She said rolling her eyes.

Francine shook her head. "Well when I complained about it fourth year I was told that the uniforms where not meant to make a statement. though I can see how I can modify the uniform to suit our tastes. The only problem would be pulling it off in a way that wouldn't make the teachers come after use with a stick." She said as she brandished her parasol. It had looked like there was going to be sun today but she had been mistaken. Now it was closed and an excessory to the electric blue dress. "Ohh true. Still someone should come to their senses. I give it about another week before the shoes are out." She said with a nod. Things like those shoes went out faster than a rumored pregnancy around here.

Right after Francine started talking, Vivian jumped and looked at her. "What!? Where!? Who!? How!? Why!?" She said quickly, looking around and felt stupid right after she did that. She did that whenever she was surprised and this was one of the reason why her siblings loved surprising her. To see her being dumb. "Oh my god.... I feel dumb" She said and laughed and looked at Francine. "Are you kidding me? You know her?" Actually Vivian was quite surprised that at least someone knew her sister. It seemed that she had underestimated her. "By the way, my brother Brad is here as well, you might know him. He was the one who pranked on the professors last week and was brought to the front and was lectured for half an hour so we get to chill for a while" She laughed remembering the scene. "I've asked him to do it again but he said no. Hmmm... Sad" Of course Brad didn't want that to happen twice. It was quite humiliating after all.

"You can always modify it" Vivian said referring to the lolita skirt. "How tall are you again?" She asked hoping that she wasn't rude. Vivian was 165cm, her sister was 5cm shorter than her and she looked better with the outfits. "That's sad... Ahh well, at least we get to wear these on weekend. According to my older brother, Durmstrang is worse although I'm not sure about that knowing that he had never enroll here" She said and shrugged as she continued walking with Francine. "Did you win the costume party on Halloween?" She asked wondering if she did. Vivian didn't win the contest and she wasn't sure why. She was a Gothic Lolita and it was pretty much different than other students but she wasn't sure why she lost.

Francine shook her head. "Unfortunately I never had the pleasure of meeting her. Know we could have been tighter than Nicolette's mom's face." She said. The side comment was about a girl who liked to tease Francine about being the fashion guru for the dark side. She liked dark styles that was true but that was no reason to tease her about it. When it came to things like cattyness Francine became very mean. "Oh that was you two. Well I must say that that was a very impressive show sucked that they had to bash him like that. I mean it was harmless... For the most part." She said with a bit of a wicked grin. She liked to see people pull off stuff like that. Francine never really did anything like it but she did like to see it.

"Oh I can but still Lolita doesn't look right on someone that is 170.18 cm tall." She said answering both questions at the same time. Francine was tall enough to pass most cute things but she wasn't quite short enough to bring out the maximum cuteness in the Lolita style. She still liked to design for it though. Oh did she love to design things like the Lolita styles. "Oh I would die with a capital D if I had to deal with the uniform in Drumstrang. I saw it once, wouldn't go there if my life depended on it. That and they teach the dark arts. I so not into all that gloom and doom stuff." She said rolling her eyes. She never really did like the dark arts. Given if she where ever faced if a death eater she would probably start crying but still. "No that thing was rigged I sware I mean you can't get more origonal than a Steampunk White Rabbit." She said shaking her head. She had worn the ears and everything and still the trophy was given away.

Actually Vivian was quite surprised that Francine didn't get to meet her family. "Are you alone here? I mean in the school" Well she could always have a brother or sister in the school or cousins just like Vivian. "Oh! Oh! You should totally meet my cousins! They were transferred here last week, they're in the fourth year and they have the cutest outfit! They'll wear something simple but then they'll put a lot of accessories to decorate it." Now she couldn't wait to introduce her new friend to her cousins. "They live in Tokyo so they cosplay a lot, and as for me" She paused and sighed. "I down own that much costume as them" Well Vivian lived in Beijing and she was busy with the family business, her father was training them. And as for her cousins, they could do whatever they wanted anytime.

"We can meet up with my sister in Sofia, she lives there and sometimes she's come over to our penthouse in Paris" Vivian shrugged trying to see if Francine wanted to see her or not but if not then she wouldn't mind. "I'd loooooveee to be taller" She said after knowing that Francine was around 170 cm tall. "At least you get to wear long Lolita Victorian dress" Vivian was a little too small to wear such an outfit although she could always wear a pair of high heels to make herself taller. But she'd rather wear mini skirts than long skirts. "Ohh tell me about it, I don't even know how Sally survive wearing that hideous uniform" She rolled her eyes as she started to think about it.

As Shayla explored the Beaxbatons Academy, she noticed two girls talking to each other. She was very new at the school, so she went over a little closer, being shy. "Hello..", she said, hoping that she wasn't interrupting their conversation. She didn't even really know who they were, but she was very bored.

OOCOut of Character:
I hope semi open means that I can join in?
Oh and sorry for short post.

OOCOut of Character:
Semi open meant that anyone that posted in Francine's plot development could join but yeah let's see where you take us. :D

Francine was shocked as well after heading how much family Vivian had in the school. "Oh I really to if they have as cute of clothes as you say the do I know I'm going to have a great time telling them so. You and me have to hang out sometime for real. Maybe even to some boy stalking there are some cute French men I know would we'd be able to talk to." She said laughing somewhat. Francine was always up for some viewing. She was the type that had to be approced to really get together with anyone but she never turned down a chance to flirt when the the chance came up. "Oh then you have to stick with me. In a few months you won't know what to do with your closet." She said laughing again. Really Vivian made her mind explode with ideas for clothes. Her smallness made it all the easier to make it cute and flowing.

Francine nodded eagerly. "I would love to come with you Mother won't mind she lets me do nearly whatever I want as long as my grades are good." She said with a wide grin. She guessed that leaning as much magic as she could would help her in the long run but still she didn't want to take much stalk in school. She didn't want to but if she wanted her freedom she had to. "Lots and lots of down time that how she survives and a fashionisa at the core makes it work where ever she goes." She said holding up her parasol like a sword ready to dash prejeduce and bad style. It was then that she caught sight of a shy looking girl. "Did you say something?" Francine said her brows knotting together. It came back to her just then. "Oh, oh Hello there don't be so quite your among friends well if you want to be." She said with a sniff. She had no time for snobs really.

Vivian nodded and smiled as she listened to Francine talking "You'll meet them, they'll probably be with my brother, pranking. Tsk, tsk, tsk" She shook her head pretended to be concern and laughed after that. "And you might find some of your clothes in my closet" At this point Vivian was joking, why should she steal someone else's clothes if she could make it or even buy it if they sell it somewhere out there. But seeing that Francine wasn't one of those easy-offended type of girl Vivian didn't mind joking a little with her although she could be worse and could be nosy sometimes. "And I'd loove meet your mother. Maybe you can come and visit us? Well floo powder's always good or apparate" Well she could always ask someone to apparate her to a place to place and it wont be too hard. And beside Vivian's family wont mind having guests over, they actually loved it. Although the family was rarely home because they've been busy lately.

Just then someone else came, someone unfamiliar and shy. "Hi" She smiled back to the girl and then back to Francine. "Were you talking to me?" Probably not She thought. Vivian didn't mind having people around her, she wasn't one of those who liked being alone. In fact, she loved being with as many people as she could. But she dislike being with those who would only attack other people and gladly she wasn't one of them and she wasn't with one of those. "You're new here" She wasn't asking a question. What she said probably wasn't very polite but she couldn't help it. That was just her, she didn't mean to be rude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back