Bird Calls

Belladonna Metzger

Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
Belladonna Metzger breathed a sigh of relief the moment she exited her last and final class of the day. It sucks being cooped up for a majority of the day, by the end of her final lesson Belladonna's butt began to hurt and her legs began to get antsy. Belladonna glanced around her to make sure she wasn't in anyone else's way before she tucked her textbook under her arm and headed away from the classroom. Although she was hungry, Belladonna felt like going outside to get some fresh air first. If she didn't stretch her legs soon they'd probably burst or something. Even as a small child her father could barely ever get her to stand still for a set amount of time, so forcing her to sit in long class after long class was pretty freaking mean. Belladonna weasled her way in and out of students as they gathered towards the Great Hall and their Common Rooms. Perhaps outside was her best choice to begin with. It'd be less crowded that way. Belladonna only wished she knew where Matt was, then she could ask him if he wanted to hang out for a little while. Tonight she had Quidditch too, so she might as well relax and enjoy the rest of her day as much as she possibly could. As much as Belladonna loved to play Quidditch, it often left her feeling tired and sore for the rest of the night. Being cooped up in class didn't help her poor sore legs either.

Belladonna's legs carried her into the courtyard, where instantly she was met with a breath of fresh air and a bit of wind in her face. "I should really start studying out here!" Belladonna thought to herself as she made her way across. Belladonna was so focused on getting across the courtyard that she didn't notice a figure clad in green headed right her way. In fact, it wasn't until a rough impact forced the books she had in her hands onto the ground that she even realized that someone was there. Lifting her head in shock, Belladonna instantly found herself grimacing at the person. It was Vladimir. Surprisingly, he was alone. His lackies were usually following right behind him, just as eager to cause her pain and misery. "Pretty sure dementor's aren't allowed on school property." Belladonna knew that she should turn the other cheek and act like an adult, but he started it first! Plus she was only twelve, so screw doing the adult thing! This boy was mean to her for no reason, and Belladonna was sick of dealing with it!

Vladimir had a lot going for him right now. He had his final class of the day done with and he did not have to do anything else for the remainder of the day. The Slytherin was making good grades, probably better than his twin sister which was no surprise. Vladimir barely had to try and he could exceed. Yet, he was still not the firstborn. Sergei was but Vladimir was chosen to become head over Sergei. There had to be a reason for that. Vladimir did not think much of it since he had other things to think about. As far as he knew, his plaything was his own, but he did not need to find out about others picking on her unless he was around to allow it. Belladonna Metzger was like a pet of his. He did what he wanted to it since she had tricked him into becoming friends to some extent, before he found out about her blood. Somehow, Belladonna managed to attract a friend to her side, some boy that had no lineage from what Vladimir had gathered. Matt Greene, someone that was mysterious and would not let up about anything. He had heard of the pathetic attempts of some Slytherin trying to bully him. The verbal tactics would not work. He would have to think of something else to get the boy alone and to deal with him personally.

Somehow locating himself to the courtyard, trying to think of something to do and a way to isolate Belladonna to the point where she would realize that her kind was no longer accepted, he found the bird that he was subconsciously looking for. However, before he could even react, she managed to cause an impact between the two that made him stop, and her books drop. At least he was not carrying anything, and then she even started up something with him. She called him a dementor. He smirked and laughed under his breath. "That’s adorable. Don't you have some worms to go find under the dirt? It rained recently, so you can fatten yourself up a bit." Vladimir cracked his knuckles before he folded his arms across his chest. There was something about her that just made his skin crawl and somehow, she was not understanding the fact that she and her kind were not welcome here. "In case you have not noticed, you are not welcome at this school. Why not go somewhere else where your kind will be more appreciated, such as a zoo or a grave?"

The moment Vladimir did that stupid little smirk, Belladonna felt her the corner of her lips begin to twitch with anger. It pissed her off to know that nothing she said phased him even in the slightest bit, yet every single thing he said to her, Belladonna took to heart. If he wasn't such a pain in the ass, Belladonna would have considered asking him what his secret to hiding emotions. The bird thing was starting to get a little old too. How did she resemble a bird to him? "I'm not a freaking bird!" Belladonna became tempted to pull a worm right out of the ground and throw it in his hair or something. It was hard for her to just ignore Vladimir like she wanted to. He knew exactly how to get under her skin, and once she was mad it was hard for her to turn the other cheek and be the bigger person. "Keep running your big fat mouth Vladimir and I might just take a handful of mud to your face." Sadly she couldn't think of a better insult at the moment. But Vladimir seemed like he took very good care of appearance, so maybe a little bit of mud would bother him? Either way, Belladonna was going to put this whole bird thing to rest. The fact that she had no feathers or a beak was plain as day to her. It probably wasn't nice to be calling Vladimir a dementor either, but she was pretty sure that he had started this whole thing.

"The only ones who seem to have a problem with me being here is you and your stupid friends, so I definitely plan to stay. If you don't like my kind being here, why don't you leave you pig-headed zombie!" Belladonna spat back, her large blue eyes narrowing more and more with every word that left her lips. But when Vladimir threw in the fact that she would be more appreciated if she was in a grave, Belladonna visibly flinched. "He wants me dead?" That really stung. Mostly because she once almost considered him to be a friend. She had bought him a freaking yo-yo for crying out loud! Belladonna held back the fact that she wanted to cry, but she couldn't keep the fact that it did upset her for too long. "You're such a jerk." Belladonna carelessly threw a wadded up piece of parchment at him, hoping it would nail him right in the middle of his perfect little forehead. If he kept it up he'd be luck if she didn't try to tackle his skinny as to the ground. From this day on, Belladonna knew there was no going back. They were going to be nothing but pure enemies. Whatever sliver of hope that Belladonna had for the two of them being friends maybe, was gone. He probably ditched the yo-yo she had bought for him anyways. Might have bird germs on it or something. Belladonna could already imagine him destroying the gift.

Belladonna really seemed to be bothered with the fact that she was a bird. Well, one had to be slapped in the face with the truth soon enough. Better do it sooner than later. Vladimir would just be happy to shed some light on that fact. "You could have fooled me, again." Vladimir did not mind throwing in the fact that she had fooled him once, so she would not fool him again. He was prepared. Then she mentioned on how if he kept running his fat mouth, she might take a handful of mud to his face. He raised an eyebrow, not sure if he wanted to laugh or slap her for being so ridiculous. He could not decide so he did neither. Instead, he stared at her as if she had turned into a bird in front of him. "How would mud in my face erase the fact that maggots like you litter the pure blood supply?" It would not erase the fact that she was definitely not a pure-blood, but if she wanted to feel better, then she could. But, it would start a fight. Anyone that made physical contact with him was bound to be hurt.

"Don't think I haven't tried. If it wasn't for my Head of House being the Head of my family and the potions professor, I would be gone. Apparently, I am better off being here where I can be 'watched'. Why I am stuck here with your miserable kind and those related to you is beyond me." Perhaps it was to make sure he was driven by anger and hatred? There was no telling when it came down to Kalif and Axel. He just did not know why they wanted him here. Vladimir heard that he was a jerk, and he shrugged his shoulders. However, when she threw the wadded piece of parchment at him, it made him react similar to how his grandfather would have. He used his hand to swat it away, before he reached out to grip her by the collar to pull her closer to his hardened, cold expression. He realized what he had done, before he released her collar and took a step back. Vladimir hissed, "Don't ever do that again, if you know what is good for you." Vladimir had some reflexes, something he was trained to do. It made him very reactive, something he didn't appreciate at times. He hated her, but somehow, he wasn't at the level where he wanted to hurt her physically, yet.

Belladonna blinked, confused by what he meant when he said that she could have fooled him again. What did he mean by again? "I'm pretty sure that birds have feathers, beaks, and lay eggs. I don't do any of those three things. So I'm not a bird. But what did you mean by again? I've never tried to fool you!" Surely he wasn't talking about her being Part-Veela and not telling him. If she had known it was going to be such a big deal to people, she would have said something to him. But Belladonna had grown up in a house where this wasn't a big deal. Plus why should it matter what she was. It wasn't like it made her special or anything. So what was his deal and why did he accuse her of tricking him into something when she clearly hadn't done a single thing to this punk! "It'd be a lot easier to look at your face if you had mud on it. Just a pinch of that mud would have more life in it than you do in your entire existence you freaking statue!" Vladimir was so cold and arrogant, he almost seemed unreal to Belladonna. How could a human being actually live like that and be okay with themselves? In fact, the blonde had yet to even see Vladimir smile just once. He always had that stone cold look on his face, and when that wasn't there, he could be seen smirking in a cruel fashion.

"Maybe you're here so you can learn how to treat people better. If you want to go anywhere in life you need to get a better attitude." Belladonna snarked, her eyes narrowing even further. He had a bad habit of treating those that were different than himself like they were beneath him. Belladonna could never treat people the same way that Vladimir did, even if she didn't agree with their lifestyle. Anywhere you go in life you were going to encounter people you didn't like, and Vladimir clearly didn't understand that yet. Unless his plan was to wipe out people of her kind, in which case that was a little scary. The wadded up piece of paper that she had tossed at Vladimir probably wasn't a good idea. Before she knew it, he had swat it away, then reached out to grip her by the collar to pull her closer to himself. Luckily he released her, and then uttered that that she should never do that again if she knew what was good for her. "Listen here Vladimir Zhefarovich, I don't give a hippogriffs ass who you think you are. Honestly, your nothing but a heartless zombie. You're going to grow up with no friends and nobody who loves you if you keep it up. However, you're not the freaking boss of me and I can do whatever I want. Even this!" Noticing that he he seemed to be disgusted by her very presence, and that he was the type of guy who took very good care of his hair, Belladonna took her tiny hands and invaded his space by runny her dirty hands from Quidditch practice right through his shiny black locks. Knowing that he wouldn't enjoy her touching him in general. Then once she got it all nice and messed up, the Gryffindor took off, knowing that she was probably dead meat now.

Vladimir rolled those onyx eyes of his once more, knowing that this girl could not be real. No one could be as stupid. Vladimir wanted to smack the girl upside the head, but he did not want to get dirty by touching her. She truly had no idea. Vladimir almost felt bad for her, if he could that is. It was hard for him to feel anything except boiling anger, which all of it was poured onto Belladonna, and anyone that came within a few feet of her. "There are several species. Types that fly in the sky, and your type. A humanoid. You aren't even fully human, surely you knew that." He paused for a moment, before he added, "As if I would believe a thing that comes from your disgusting mouth." She even resorted to calling him a statue, which caused the corner of his lips to curl into a slightly visible smirk. He was amused by that. His lifestyle was different. He was forced to be away from his family, torn down and molded into a future leader of the family. Emotion and life just seemed like a weakness. "Careful, get too worked up over my demeanor and you might sprout wings. I'd hate for the entire student body to go without corn." Once more, Vladimir referred to her eating birdfeed, as they all knew, birds ate corn. Or was it chickens? Vladimir did not care and he did not want to really know. It had no business of his anyhow. Vladimir wondered if she had anything to say about that, before she managed to do something stupid.

The moment that Belladonna brought up the reason why he was here, so she believed, it almost made him show some emotion, but he held it back. She had to be kidding, right? "Let me tell you a little secret about those two professors. They don't give a rat's ass about treating people better, especially anything less than pure-blood. I don't need to learn anything that I haven't already, which is people like you need to vanish off the face of the planet." Vladimir was not the worst in the family. That might have been Asparuh, who was known to slaughter anyone that really made him mad. Vladimir was just working up a reputation, which he needed some time to do. He was only a second year right now. The words that came out of Belladonna's mouth barely registered as she ran her fingers through his hair, invading his personal space. Without even thinking twice, Vladimir reacted and not in a good way. He used one of his arms to knock hers down before he swung his left arm, making a fist, and punching Belladonna with most of his strength. Why he held back, he had no idea, but it was enough to get her away from him. He just hit a girl. Vladimir took a moment to compose himself before he uttered, "I warned you." Vladimir let out a sigh and he walked around and away from Belladonna. She had to learn to keep away from his personal space, or else she will get hurt. Perhaps she learned her lesson this time.

Belladonna wasn't quite sure what had happened and how it happened, but a vague memory of Vladimir pushing her arms down and then raising up his own arm to connect his fist with her face. Belladonna never meant to let it get this out of hand. She just wanted to see more emotion on him than coldness. Anger would do it, but apparently she had underestimated just how much he hated people like her. As soon as it had happened, Belladonna brought a pair of hands up to cup them over her nose, the place of impact. Vladimir explained that he had warned her before he sighed and walked away, leaving Belladonna standing there, tiny droplets of blood escaping her cupped hands as she watched him walk away. As much as she wanted to cry, she didn't want Vladimir to have the satisfaction. In fact, she waited until she was away from him and by the lakefront to clean off the blood that she allowed a few stray tears to fall from her eyes. What did she do to make these people hate her so much? The whole blood thing wasn't even her fault, so why punish her for it? Belladonna had never tricked Vladimir, especially since she didn't even know how to do that in the first place. She grew up with make part-veela's, and they were vastly different with their abilities. Yet somehow, she was still being treated as if she were the worst thing to grace this planet.

"Oh my god, this is so gross." The tears still fell on occasion, mostly because it did hurt, but because she was starting to feel bad about what she was. Apparently she was some type of diseased bird. It must be true, because that's what all the others were saying. Belladonna removed her hand and used her sleeve to wipe away the blood from her nose, only to have more leak out almost immediately. She probably should have gone to the bathroom to do this, but she didn't want anyone to see her like this. It would only get her into more trouble. "Ow. I hope he didn't break my freaking nose!" Belladonna would find a way to get him back. One way or another, he would regret ever laying his hands on a lady. Maybe she should tell her dad? Or even Erik! But that seemed really childish in her mind. More blood dripped from her nose and Belladonna nearly gagged. Blood might have been what kept people alive, but damn did it make her stomach churn. If she could get her nose to stop bleeding, maybe then she could actually get cleaned up a little bit.

Ivaylo passed Vladimir on the way back inside, with almost a shove passed. Ivaylo noticed that the boy had something in his hair, but didn't even mention a single word of it. Shrugging his shoulders, he walked outside to the courtyard as he had nothing else to do with his life right now. He was a first year, a Slytherin too. There was too much family around, but when he wanted to speak to some of them, they were never around to speak with. That in itself was a pain. The fact that his father didn't mail him a single thing aggravated him too. Then again, he was the only one of that generation that was going to school right now. So, maybe it was just not time yet. Noticing something on the courtyard, he bent down and placed his fingers into the red liquid. It was blood. Vladimir did just come from this direction. 'Oh, who did he make bleed?' thought Ivaylo with a smirk on his lips. He wiped the blood from his fingers as he walked forward, looking at each student to see just who might have been his nephew's victim. Ivaylo was determined to find out who the person was, not expecting the victim to be a female.

Finally, the first year arrived to the lakefront and he looked around to hear someone say that they hoped that he didn't break their nose. It sounded like a female, and Ivaylo was somewhat shocked. Could Vladimir had done something like that. Ivaylo found the girl and mentioned, "Vladimir can be real nasty if you get on his bad side. My apologies for him doing such an atrocity action toward you." Ivaylo decided that he would be courteous. He heard about this girl. A part-veela. She was not half-veela, as he would have been able to tell. She was fairly attractive though. Perhaps it was the veela blood within her, but someone that was half or more could transform into an ugly bird creature, and she was definitely not one of those. He took off his robe and handed it over to her, to perhaps help with the blood. He would offer to help her to the nurse if needed, but he would not stand up against Vladimir. Vladimir had training that he did not, and then there was the year older thing. Ivaylo would not stand a chance in hell. And he knew this.

Belladonna found herself startled when another voice made itself known. Using her fingers to plug her nose and keep the blood from gushing out any further, Belladonna turned to discover the owner of that voice. Apparently, whoever he was, knew Vladimir pretty well. To her shock and utter amazement, he didn't begin to bully her like most people who knew Vladimir on a personal level would. "If you're a friend of his you might want to make a run for it now, or he'll probably come back and beat you up too." Belladonna commented, her voice sounding all stuffed and nasally. Almost like she had a cold or something. Belladonna wouldn't have minded if the boy had decided to leave right then and there. After all, she was apparently nothing but a filthy half-breed, and people like her should be avoided by people like them. It was slowly becoming very apparent that nothing she said or did was going to change their minds about her. Belladonna sometimes wished she could just turn into this bird-like creature and really give them something to be scared about. But sadly, she had no idea how to do anything related to those veela abilities she supposedly had.

The boy in front of her only continued to surprise Belladonna when he handed her his robes for her nose. The blonde silently took it and used it to sop up the blood that dripped from her nose. She continued to hold it on her nose until she felt like the bleeding had ceased for the most part. "Why are you helping me?" Belladonna finally asked as she lowered the robes down. She figured she would do this boy a favor and wash it for him when she got the time. It was the least she could do for him. "Anyways, I'm Belladonna. Or you can call me bird. Everyone else does." Belladonna rolled yer blue eyes quickly before she smirked, showing that she was joking around. Now that she didn't have to worry about the blood or Vladimir returning, she could now see that the boy that decided to help her was actually really cute. Even if he looked a little bit young. Maybe he would be willing to be a friend to her, he did offer to help her and that was something that many didn't offer to do. Belladonna could always use more friends, so silently she hoped this would be case.

Ivaylo merely chuckled when the girl mentioned that if he were a friend of Vladimir’s, he had better run or else Vladimir might beat him up. While that might be true, Vladimir also knew Ivaylo’s temper. Both could be a lethal weapon one day. Ivaylo just needed everyone else to know his potential. That was all he needed. He gave Belladonna a cocky smile before he said, “I definitely am not friends with Vladimir. Believe it or not, I am actually his uncle. Half-uncle.” Ivaylo shrugged his shoulders before he added, “But I was raised in a separate environment.” That might make things a little less tense for the slightly older girl with a bloody nose. That had to be one hell of a punch. Vladimir must have really let things get out of hand, which was not normal for them. Ivaylo might have been a supremacist, but he was very discreet about it. He did not want others to really know. He preferred if things remained as silent as ever. And, from the looks of this slightly older girl, she might be a Part-Veela, but not enough to make him completely enamored with her. That was good or else he would have judged her harshly. She had no control over that.

When asked why he was helping her, Ivaylo shrugged his shoulders, “I don’t really need a reason to help a pretty girl. I just do what I think is the right thing.” And it might help the sins of his family, so that he can have good karma down the road. He just knew that he would never become of the Scitorari members. What a joke. He would believe in the ancient ways of the Death Eaters. As soon as they came back, he would gladly join them. Her name was Belladonna, but everyone called her a bird. He looked over her body and he could understand the reference. “Or, how about I call you Belle. Therefore, it is not really your name or the name that others seem to call you.” He shook his head as he smirked slightly, knowing how ridiculous it was. Vladimir would hate it if he knew that Ivaylo was getting close and cozy to the one that he claimed as a target or something like that. He did not really know what it meant, but it seemed like Vladimir wanted Belladonna all to himself. Now that was not fair, keeping a cute girl exlcusive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back