Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Knotted 9 1/2 Inch Unyielding Blackthorn Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
It happened every week right before the full moon - Marisol craved red meat more than usual. Usually she tried to curb her appetite as much as she could at dinner but the food was never quite rare enough to satisfy her. So one night when she was still feeling particularly peckish after dinner, she decided to take a trip to the kitchens. It wasn't after curfew because she had simultaneously gotten in trouble too many times, and also gotten away with being out after hours many times that she didn't want to jinx it now. She hoped that going right after dinner time would ensure the most food possible and also allow her privacy since she didn't think anyone would try to sneak into the kitchens after dinner. It was the prime time for her to ask the house elves for rare steaks and eat them without judgement.

Rarely does Cato sleep with an empty stomach, he overslept and skipped dinner. After sleeping for 5 hours straight, the brunette stood up from his bed and quickly put on his snicker and head to the kitchen. Because of that long amount of sleep, Cato can no longer sleep for the rest of the night and this frustrates him. Cato went down the stairs and entered the kitchen. The house elves greeted him and asked what he wanted for late dinner, Cato shook his head and asked them to leave politely. He wanted to make his meal himself, a simple sandwich. His right hand gripped the slices of bread, mayo, and left over tunas and started to stack up the ingredients. While preparing for his sandwich, he could hear the aura of another person in the room that wasn't as short as the elves. He glanced to his side and founded a gryffindor female student. She was beautiful like the rest of the girls in the school. "Care for a sandwich?" Cato smiled at her and took another slice of bread.

Marisol was happy she hadn't encountered any trouble getting into the kitchens, since that wasn't technically allowed and was excited to ask the house elves for a mini feast. But when she walked into the kitchen, she couldn't hear the squeaking and bustling of the elves and looked around for them. Instead she saw a slightly older boy standing at the counters making food. She was first caught a little off guard by his presence, then by his offering. Marisol tried not to gape at the older boy but simply shook her head no in response. "Where are the house elves?" she asked. She glanced down at the food he was making and scrunched her nose, tuna was not something she was particularly fond of because it had no blood content. "I was craving a steak, I don't suppose you know how to make that do you?" she asked with a small chuckle seeing as she didn't think he actually did so it was mostly a joke.

The girl seemed to be rather impatient to satisfy her stomach which appeared to be cute to Cato, especially when an attractive girl like her showed such emotion. Cato smiled when he heard her asking where the house elves were, one of them was actually hiding behind Cato’s legs. Cato has always been kind to the elves, he believes in their hard work and them deserving to be treated with kindness and goodness. “I can mash all these tuna together and pretend that it’s a steak. Might that be good enough?” He chuckled and put away all the food before bending down and smiled at the elf "Would it be alright if you serve her the best steak that you can cook and make the lady happy?” the elf smiled, nodded. Medium rare, miss?” Cato asked the girl before standing up wondering how she’d like her steak to be served. “I’m Cato” He took a wet tissue and introduced himself.

Once again, Marisol wrinkled her nose at the suggestion of tuna. She knew it was probably rude but sometimes she couldn't control her emotions and facial expressions that revealed exactly how she felt, but it was nothing against the boy himself. She couldn't help but smile when the elf appeared behind the boy's legs and how sweet he was with the creature. Marisol beamed at being called a lady because she felt like she was anything but, but it was nice to be referred as one either way. She self-consciously ran her fingers through her hair to make sure it was somewhat presentable after being called that. "Uh actually...can I get my steak raw - I mean rare! Rare, please?" Her cheeks burned red with embarrassment at her Freudian slip. She wished she could actually get it raw but she would never dare eat it that way in front of someone else. With her cheeks still pink, Marisol took a few steps forward to close the gap between them and held her hand out to shake his. "Nice to meet you, I'm Marisol," she said with a small smile. "Do you mind if I sit here while I wait for my food to be done?" she asked, pointing to the counter as she hopped on. She didn't know if the boy would linger around once he finished making his sandwich, but if he was, she was going to get comfortable.

Cato looked down to the elf whose eyes beamed as the elf was smiling at the girl. "Thank you, that's very kind of you to cook after dinner is over. I promise you I'll spare some of these sandwich and a little bit of chocolate milkshake before I leave" Cato has always been fond of the house elves, they work so hard yet a lot of people underestimate them but Cato is a kind man. " Please to meet you" He took her hand and kissed it, yes he might freak some of the girls out but it was his mother who taught him to act in such manner to women, hence he cherishes young women or even those who aren't on his age. He believes that women should be treated like a rare precious gem. "Of course not, it's my pleasure to be accompanied by such a beautiful woman" Cato was being sincere, he did complimented her just because she was beautiful. Cato wasn’t one of those men who hits on girls anytime they feel like it. "How's life treating you?" He asked as he continued preparing his meal.

Marisol was a little surprised when the boy took her hand and kissed it. If her cheeks were pink before, it was nothing compared to how deeply she blushed now. He was a strange boy, kissing girl's hands and giving compliments like it was no big deal. Marisol frankly didn't know how to respond, so she just muttered a "Thanks" as she ducked her head, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. She made herself comfortable on the kitchen counter and watched as the house elf got busy making her steak. She felt bad, watching the boy make his own food while Marisol allowed a house elf to make hers for her, but she didn't know how to prepare steak so she couldn't do it. Making a sandwich was far easier than grilling something so she tried not to be too impressed with the older boy. She wasn't sure it was working though, because his sincerity seemed to be what was most impressive about the whole thing.

Marisol was taken out of her thoughts as the boy asked her how things were. The Gryffindor girl shrugged a little and said, "It's fine." It was a pathetic answer, but that's all there was too it, really. Things weren't bad but they weren't good either. And she didn't feel like unloading any issues on a person she had just met. She was still unsure what to think of the older boy so she studied him as he continued to make his meal. "Why are you down here?" she blurted out. "I mean, like, did you not have enough at dinner?" she clarified. She didn't know why she was asking, she was just having trouble making small talk.

Once Cato finished preparing his sandwich he took a knife and sliced a little bit of it, giving the elf plenty of portion for his late dinner. He took the wet sanitize cloth and wiped his hand on it. Then he kindly ask a female house elf to roast it for him. "To be honest I get hungry every a couple of hours" he chuckled, Cato was being serious, no kidding is he ALWAYS hungry. His apettite is so big that he has to stock up sandwiches in his bag at all time. Perhaps it was all the hormones that the teenage Gryffindor rushing in him. "But as for today, I slept all through dinner and missed my favorite meal time. In fact, I overslept for 5 hours straight". Cato dared not to ask the girl why she was in the kitchen, she might have an appetite as big as him and he didn't want to embarrased her. You know... Women tend to hide how much they weigh or how many times a day do they normally eat as secret as when the dementor appocalypes is going to come. Cato moved forward and rested both of his arms on the table, leaning toward his arms across the girl and smiled at her. "So tell me Marisol what do you fancy in doing tonight? he definitely didn't want to interrupt her night but who knows she wants an accompany?

Marisol chuckled and said, "I know that feeling well." Half the time she worked up an appetite from playing Quidditch and running around, and the other half she was chucking up her dinner because the Wolfsbane potion never agreed with whatever she ate. It was two extremes of the spectrum. The latina laughed again and asked, "Why did you sleep for 5 hours?" She also knew that feeling well, but it was only after full moon nights when she needed lots of rest to recover. She couldn't see why someone would sleep for that long during the day and miss dinner. It wasn't long after that the house elf was squeaking a small cough to get their attention and holding out a place with a huge steak for her. It was a lot bigger than she anticipated but she was delighted because now she wouldn't have to ask for seconds. If they didn't think she would finish this entire steak by herself they were going to be surprised. Marisol thanked the elf profusely and looked around for utensils, and saw some across the counter. She pulled out her wand and summoned them, proud of herself that her magic skills seemed to be improving, and caught the fork and knife once they were within reach. Marisol turned back to her food but was a little startled by the boy leaning closer, blushing without knowing why. She bit her lip and avoided his gaze, something about it made her feel out of sorts. She shrugged her shoulders lightly and said, "I didn't have any other plans other than stuffing my face and avoiding homework," she laughed, embarrassed. "What about you?" she asked with wide eyes. She wondered if he had somewhere else to be as soon as he finished his dinner.

The elf came with he sandwich perfectly roasted, Cato bowed a little bit to him to show a sign of respect and thanked him for doing such a fantastic job. He took a bite when Marisol asked him a question, he quickly chew and swallowed it before answering her question. "I'm not quite sure myself, one minute I felt energized then the other I dropped dead like a dead unicorn" it's true, Cato was extremely tired for no reason at all. He took another bite tasting all the flavors in the sandwich. It was perfect, he liked it so much that he was thinking of making another one. "Well I was thinking about a swim in the lakefront. Have you tried swimming at night?" Not many people like swimming in the dark. The water is as dark as it can be and it can be intimadingnto some. But Cato finds it peaceful, feels like he is unifyig with nature. "Would you like to come and join me?"'the girl might not be fond of it especially with him, after all they've just met. Speaking of Cato beigncomfortable with the female Gryffindor, Cato took a knife and raddish and started chopping it, carving it carefully. Cato has always been really good with knife, it felt like andrawing pencil to him. Not too long the ugly raddish changed it's shape into a rose carved by the young boy. "I've always wanted to do this.i was just wondering, why do you come to this part of the castle alone? You know, there may be good for nothing Boys out here hunting for beautiful girls like you. by beautiful he meant Marisol. This was the first time he tried carvig into such shape and he was glad to be able to give it to someone instead of throwing it to the bin.

Marisol watched as he took his food from the elf and then began to eat his sandwich. It was at this point that she realized she should probably start eating her food too. She looked down at the steak on her plate and began to carefully cut it with her fork and knife, chewing the first bite happily as she finally got a taste of what she had been craving all week. She tried not to seem too enthusiastic about her food but she couldn't help it, quickly cutting another piece off and chewing it. She slowed her chewing down when the boy mentioned swimming at the lake at night. She swallowed and said, "Are you sure that's a smart idea now? After - you know - that boy drowned in that lake?" she said softly. She loved the lakefront and had gotten in the water at night before with Asaiah after the Yule Ball, but this year she was a little cautious because of the events last year.

Marisol went back to her food as the boy began to chop a vegetable up, not thinking anything of it. She watched him with mild curiosity but as he began to speak again, her eyes focused on him instead. "Good for nothing boys hmm," she repeated with a little smirk. "You mean like you?" she questioned skeptically, looking at him with narrowed eyes. It was half playful, half serious. "You seem to know a lot about something like that," she pointed out as she finally noticed what he had carved out of the vegetable.

Cato had completely forgotten abo the incident last year, he wont mind going to the waters it was Marisol that he was concerned about. He wanted no harm to her and he wont be able to forgive himself is such thing is to happen. "Let's not do that then" he continued taking a bite and wondered if Marisol liked her meal. "How's your steak, Marisol?" he wanted to praise the house elf that made her the steak if she liked it hence he asked. Caro chuckled when he heard her comment about good for nothing boys, he founded her cute being curious about many things. "I may be a good for nothing person to the rest of this world since I'm failing at my classes and is far from talented" Cato didn't like school, he wanted to be a pastry chef and work with all the butter cream, decorating cake by cake. "But I dont do those stuff, I believe love will come at it's own time so there's no need in rushing. Beside, no women should be treated like a centaur's prey." Cato hated those who are hungry of women's attention. Such a waste of time.

Despite being skeptical of the older boy's intentions, Marisol's stomach still somersaulted at the mention of the two of them doing something together. It was a completely unexpected feeling and she looked down at her lap to make sure to conceal the small smile that threatened to spread. Marisol began to slice her steak as he asked about it and flashed a bright grin. "It's sooo good!" she said, mostly to the elf beside him rather than Cato. "Thank you so much for making it," she said, before continuing to eat. It wasn't quite as raw as she wished it could be, but it was still satisfying the particular craving that she had.

She popped another bite into her mouth as he told her about his poor grades. Somehow she was comforted by this and said, "Don't worry, I'm terrible at magic too." She hated that she wasn't as good as she wanted to be, but she still hadn't given up hope that somehow she would get better. She was Muggle born so clearly she possessed magical ability, she just had to stop doubting herself. Whenever she didn't think too hard about performing well, the magic came easier for her. However his other comments about love were completely unrelateable to Marisol. She had never given the concept of love a thought because she was always preoccupied with her condition. She had immediately blocked off the idea of even having a crush because she didn't want to think of the secret she would have to keep from them. But as she looked at the older boy she was starting to think that maybe crushes couldn't just be willed away on command. In order to keep her mind from wandering to dangerous places, Marisol asked, "So what house are you in Cato?"

A huge smile was spread across Cato's face when Marisol thanked the hiuse elf. At was very sweet at her, the elf must be overjoiced being thanked since not manya people do that. "Are your parents both wizards?" Cato asked wondering what her bloodline was. Not that it mattered Cato has a deep respect in muggleborns who learn magic. It's never easy for non magical family to really understand and be familiar with all the spells. Since Cato is a pureblood, he had learnt to memorize some spells since he was little though he didn't know how to cast it properly. "I'm a proud Gryffindor, how about you?" he asked kindly. Gryffindor has been treating Cato with nothing but greatly. It's a great place to be in, the students are great, head boys are too. "Do you have anyone that you dislike or fond of in this school?" Realizing that he asked a personal wuestion he immediately continued his question "Sorry, that's too much of a question. You can choose to ignore the question if you wish to" the boy apologized. He just hope that the girl wasn't irritated or annoyed. "Sorry" he apologized once more

Marisol was glad the subject of love and women had stopped and they had moved on to something else because she really didn't know how to respond to these type of compliments. Wyatt and Asaiah had given her compliments before but that was different because they were her best friends, they were practically required to do so. But a cute older boy that she just met wasn't and that was new for her. She shook her head gently as she finished up her food and swallowed before answering his question, "Neither of my parents are," she said carefully. "It's just me. What about you?" she asked. In her three years of living in the wizarding world she had come to realize that blood status was pretty important to wizards. She didn't understand why, but had caught on quickly that having 'pure' wizard blood seemed to be the preferred amongst some rather vocal people. And she had been warned once by someone not to reveal her type of blood, which was a little unsettling to Marisol, but judging by his previous comments this guy didn't seem the type to judge someone based on something so insignificant.

At his next question, Marisol actually laughed. She put a hand up over her mouth to stifle her laughter and finished her food with muffled chuckles before responding. "I'm sorry but that is such a random question to ask!" she chuckled. "Why do you ask such a question?" she wondered with amusement. As a matter of fact there was someone she definitely disliked in this school and it was the Ravenclaw Keeper. Marisol had almost fought her last year but her friends had stopped her from getting in trouble. "Why, you have any plans to get them expelled?" she said with a small smirk. She was obviously joking but was intrigued by the boy's question nonetheless.

When Marisol revealed about her blood status, Cato smiled even wider. It amzes him so much how muggle borns can cope with all the routin and way of wizarding life. "How's magic treating you? Your parents must be proud of you" it's true, having a witch in the family is definitely a privilege. [b"Nothing impressive about my family. My parents are both wizards hence adjusting with all of he classes and life her is a piece of cake. But you should be proud of yourself, it's not always easy to live in this side of the world"[/b] by world he meant magical world. Cato definitely wasn't expecting such a reaction from the younger Gryffindor. She was cute, chuckling looking all bubbly. "Hehe... I guess maybe it's because of an argument that I had a few days ago and it kinda make me curious if perhaps you too experienced a similar situation" He shrugged. "Oohh.. Nooo darling, that's not my nature to get others expelled" he laughed, of course he knew she was joking hence he answered her in a similar manner. "But I know aome trouble makers who can" he smirked jokingly. He hated those proud pureblood troublesome, they think that they're better than others. True that they're good at casting spells due to their parents teaching them the theory of it since they were little but nothing more than that. They were heartless, coldhearted little Howard devils.

Marisol shrugged in a non-committal sort of way when he asked her how magic was treating her. When she had first found out about magic and they had told her family about going to Hogwarts, Marisol was thrilled to learn all about the wizarding world. But then the night of the full moon had happened and it completely soured her expectations of magic. So now she couldn't just be a regular Muggleborn kid learning their way around the wizarding world only worrying about exposing magic. Instead she had the added worry of accidentally exposing herself to wizards as well as non-wizards. But she had done fine so far, so she hoped she could keep it up longer. "I have a little sister who's too young for Hogwarts yet, but I wonder if she has magical abilities too, or if it's just me in my family," Marisol said thoughtfully.

Her interest was piqued when the boy mentioned an argument he'd had and she giggled again. "Oooh, what was it about?" Marisol searched his face for any traces of fading bruises or signs of physical altercations but there were none so then she just got distracted watching him talk, nearly missing what he had said. "Oh haha," she laughed a little belatedly. "I know a few of my own," she replied with a mischievous nod, "but the cause has to be deemed worthy enough for the risk involved," she said with a playful smile, pretending to be strategic about it all. "Maybe I can help you out with your situation even if it's not the same as any situation I've experienced," she offered.

Though Kerryn had been treated kindly by others, she's still a prejudiced proud pureblood and she had no plan in changing the way she think. Keeping the wizarding world pure is essential if we wan't to keep he quality as good as back in the days. Enough with all these thoughts, Kerryn was hungry and she cared nothing else but to eat. She went down to the lower levels from the tower, heading to the kitchen. With a flick of wand, the door bursted open as a familiar house elf ran toward her. "Salmon salad and poach egg in 5 minutes" she said without even looking at that thing. The elf ran and quickly prepared her food with fear in his eyes. Kerryn glanced to her side and saw the guy who had a little bit of fight with her cousin Lycus. Disgustedly she walked pass him muttering "blood traitor" and headed toward the bench that was still available not too far from her. She put her wand back in her pocket, she was cold and unfriendly, her eyes looked at the thin air sharply, it was almost like she was hypnotized.

lets add a little bit of spice :p

Nicolette loved her dear sister, though the rivalry between them was strong. She would defend her sister constantly, however, and the two were rarely too far from each other. However, the Slytherin was famished, and she followed her sister to the kitchens seeking food, and ordered a house elf to fetch her a Caesar salad. She never truly appreciated them cooking her meals, as she much rathered the touch of a human, but she couldn't be bothered to make it herself and so had to make some sacrifices. The Slytherin's face was blank as she looked at those in front of her - they weren't worth her time. Kerryn felt the need to berate the boy for his poor choice in association, and Nicolette let her go, but she did not participate. Her pony tail swung along behind her as she perched herself beside her sister, furthest from the Gryffindors and nipped at the crunchy lettuce on her plate. "Water," she added as an afterthought to the house elf, who scurried away to complete her order. She took a sip, and continued eating.​

Cato truly enjoyed talking to Marisol, she was nothing like the complicated girls that he met or perhaps he just didnt know her that much yet. "It'll be nice to have more muggles in the castle, a little bit of diversity" it would be fun if Marisol can have someone who she can relate to in the school especially her own sister. Cato never really understood how the muggles do this or that. "It's not a big of situation but..." before Cato could even finish his sentence the girls that the muggles keep on expressing as the shining girls whatever that is came. He assumed they were devilish, so decided to relate them with those two characters. The Ravenclaw muttered at him a word that he absolutely hated and the Slytherin followed along treating the house elves rudely. "Excuse me" he glared at them and looked back to Marisol. "Marisol, meet the devils" he didn't even care if he offended them by referring them to such cruel characters, but then again they could be enjoying being called such thing.

Marisol was finishing the last of her steak, feeling satiated and full and had half a mind to correct Cato when he mentioned having more Muggles around the castle. She was not a Muggle, she was Muggleborn, but then she thought of how she was basically playing into the typical blood status issue in the wizarding world and she didn't want to be one of those people. Then, just as Cato was going to tell her about whatever his situation was, two older girls entered the kitchen as if they owned the place. At first Marisol was a little taken aback but wasn't going to say anything. Then she realized Cato knew the two of them and the tension in the room changed considerably. Marisol raised an eyebrow as he introduced them, realizing this was who he was referring to moments ago. It was as if Cato's thoughts had summoned them to this exact spot.

Marisol carefully placed her empty plate and utensils beside her and a house elf quickly came up to take the dishes and scurried away, giving a frightened whimper as it glanced at the twins. "The two devils huh..." she repeated, looking over at the girls and then back to Cato. "Nice to meet you I guess," she said carefully. She wanted to know more about why exactly Cato didn't like the two girls, but this couldn't exactly be said freely in front of them so Marisol pursed her lips impatiently. Feeling a little reckless, the Gryffindor turned to the two girls who hadn't even acknowledged her and then said, "Will you guys be here long? Cuz I'd rather get back to the conversation we were having before in private." She wasn't going to explain that the conversation was about them which is why she wanted them gone, but either way they had an unpleasantness about them anyway.

Kerryn glanced at her sister Nicolette who sipped the water all to herself "I thought you were going to leave me some". Just like siblings who normally got irritated toward each other easily, Kerryn and Nicolette were too like that but they do love each other to death. It's impossible to think for any of them to betray each other, not even to any of their cousins. "Water" she called to the house elf who rushed toward her bringing her food, at once the elf summoned a glass of water and bowed to Kerryn before leaving. "I heard aunt Hayley is getting married soon" She said flatly as she looked at Nicolette with no expression but cold. She definitely didn't mean to treat her coldly but she grew up in that kind of environment and it's not only her parents who does that but her extended family too. And surprise surprise the Gryffindor introduced the girls as devils. "Did you hear what she said Colette? Devil?" She said a little louder without looking at both the Gryffindors. Wait till they meet Lycus and the gangs, those kids got on Kerryn's nerve at all time, their parents are both dangerous, dangerous people who you definitely do not want to mess with hence the kids become like them. Unlike her cousins who seek for trouble for fun, Kerryn doesn't do that. She then sipped her water before continuing what she was about to say, and right after she finished gulping the whole water Kerryn slamed the glass to the wooden table making a loud noise. "What do you think?" She looked at her sister and let her deal with the rest of these nonsense. Colette has always been good in arguing with others, she has a special skill in concluding an argument. The gryffindor girl then started speaking again and it irritated Kerryn so much, but she knew that her sister would be boiling up in anger if not the same, worse than Kerryn. Kerryn decided to ignore the girl's question and started enjoying her meal and see what Colette is capable of doing.

Marisol didn't know whether or not to be surprised by the actions of two girls that were referred to as 'devils' just from seeing the way they treated the house elves or talked to each other. She grew angry when she addressed the girls and they continued to ignore her, only speaking to each other. What's worse was that they were talking about her without even looking at her. She was a little annoyed at the idea of them being upset over her calling them devils when it wasn't even her nickname that she had started, she was only repeating what Cato had called them. She glanced at the older Gryffindor boy and gave him a look that said 'Can you believe these two?' But Marisol was not one to keep quiet if something upset her, especially since she had such a short temper, so she spoke up again. "Yes, I'm talking to you guys, so it's polite to talk back to me, not each other," the latina said.

[Sorry for the delay! I just didn't know if you were going to post with the other characters first ^_^]

Cato shook his head as he saw the two girls came, thinking that they were superior than the others. Worse, they treated Marisol with no respect. If it was Cato who they treated like trash then he would make peace with that but when they treat others with such manner, it disgust Cato. "There's no use in speaking to them. They're pretty much deaf. I don't want your day ends this way, after all this young lady will need her beauty sleep." Cato wasn't the one to mock others but Marisol was being friendly to the girls and he didn't like the fact that they viewed them both invisible. "Let me make you a Popsicle" Cato took the Marisol by the hand, leading her to the other part of the kitchen. "Chocolate? Strawberry madam?" There were packages of flavors in the form of whip cream, he took a little bit of the cream and poked Marisol's nose with it. "Oops" He hoped that it would bring the tension down.

Marisol shrugged in response when Cato said there was no use in talking to the girls, and she had to agree. Now was not the time to pick a fight just because she was bored. Besides, Cato was plenty entertaining on his own, and she was glad when he decided to steer her away from the two twins. Marisol looked over her shoulder one last time as she jumped off the counter and followed the older boy further into the kitchen. She nodded her head happily when he suggested a popsicle. Marisol was about to answer which flavor she wanted when he put a little whipped cream on her nose. "Hey," she protested softly though she didn't mean it, wrinkling her nose so the dollop of whipped cream wiggled. She wiped the cream off her nose and wiped it against his cheek instead giggling. "How does that feel hmm?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back