Status
Not open for further replies.

Patricia Styx

OOC First Name
Pattycakes!
Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Tail Hair of a Male Unicorn | Willow Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Gold Dust
Hello guys! Sorry for this update being a little bit late but there is just sooo much going on it took longer to get the info together. So let's jump right into it.

P.S. This is the last BWU of 2014 :o It's been a good year so let's see what 2015 has to hold for us!
Week 3 of Lessons!
Hard to believe that we're half way through the first half of semester 1 of Y21 but we are. If you haven't been posting to lessons, don't worry, there is still time to get caught up before the end of the semester but the earlier you start the better :p

Professors, please ensure that you continue to post and mark lessons on time, utilising the gradebook, and let us know if you are going to be unable to post lessons for whatever reason. :)
Sorting Closed!
Yes I know, 'old news Pat!" but for all of you who weren't glued to the sorting and counting how many were sorted into each house (guilty :r ) here's a nifty chart provided by Cyndi to show the numbers sorted into each house!

ezrjex.png

Accio! and Clubs
As with the coming of a new year so does the excitement of having clubs joining new clubs and the fun/hell-ish time of finding pictures for them for the yearbook. However you find it all Accio topics are up and ready for you to post your characters pictures - please remember to only post pictures for the character you are logged in as.

On the topic of Accio, there is still a chance to join the yearbook staff if you feel up to it. Follow this link for more information!

Also, scope out the clubs areas and sign up, be it for a club your character has been in since day one or a new venture, it's all fun.

Speaking of clubs, sorta, Quidditch teams have been announced so if you tried out then head on over to the Quidditch pitch and see if your character made it on the team and look forward to Quidditch games - players make sure to keep an eye on your players accounts for any information on upcoming games from your Captains.

Hogwarts Monthly!
The staff over Hogwarts Monthly are on the ball this semester and have delivered the first edition of Hogwarts Monthly for Y21. Head on over here and give it a read!

New Shopkeepers and Professors.
As you may remember from previous BWUs we had a number of applications open for Shopkeepers and Professors, well it's time to officially welcome there.

For the shopkeepers we have: Galaxy Sith: taking over Gladrags, Ash Richards: taking over The Second Hand Store, Jacob Kuya: taking over Honeydukes, Professor Jessica Parker: taking over Madam Malkin's Robes and Dallas Paterson: taking over The Apothecary.

For the Professors we have: Professor Elizabeth Arlett: taking over Herbology, Years 1-4, Professor Kalani Mauven: taking over Muggle Studies, Years 3-4, Professor Jessica Parker: taking over Herbology, Years 5-7, Professor Aeon Summers: taking over Transfiguration, Years 5-7 and Professor Hayden Bane: taking over Astronomy, Years 5-7.

Congrats to everyone on your new positions. One thing I would mention is for you all to update your sections, for example shopkeepers - update your stock and Professors - update your lessons so if they have to be substituted then they can be covered with ease.

Head People and Prefects!
Also with a new year comes a new selection of Prefects, two from each house - fifth year and up, selected by the Heads of the Houses and two new Head People. So congrats to Tybalt Archer and Rosie Reilly.

And to our new prefects, congrats also: Victoria Chase, Aaren Nightray, Rebecca Koshiba, Abel Smith, Rhiannon McGowan, Sofii Wolfe, Willow Hydran and Riley Lawrence.

Brightstone Weekend!
It's the middle of the semester so your characters must be in need of some new supplies so now's the chance to do that and have some fun new RPs with the Brightstone weekend now open.

Spotlight Character!
As a reminder, congrats to our spotlighted character for December: Raymond Mandy (Lovi). If you missed the announcement head on over here to congratulate Lovi and read her questionnaire and Raymond's bio etc!

Secret Santa!
Secret Santa is currently underway, if you did sign up for it please check the character you used to sign up with for my PM, if you haven't done so already. Also please make sure to stay in touch with myself if you think you'll have a problem with meeting the deadline.

Apps are closing for the Holidays!
You read right, apps are closing for the holidays so if you think you have anything you want/need approved then get them in as soon as possible.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
I'm sure you have noticed by now that the default theme has been spruced up for the holidays! Hopefully we have no grinches out there and enjoy as much as I do!​

Nothing this time round guys but I'm sure you all going to have sooo many exciting RPs happening before the next BWU comes up next year and you'll have them highlighted, so I'm sure that'll make up for there not being any this time round :r
[ul][li]Quidditch!</LI>
[li]Election voitng!
[li]Halloween!
<LI>[li]Secret Santa!
[/li][/ul]Told you there was lots to get through this time round. As ever if you have any questions or comments about this BWU post below and we'll see you all in the new year everyone.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year to you all.

- Pattycakes.
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Congratulations to the promoted students and new shopkeepers & profs! And I am sooo excited for the voting of the new minister! ^_^

Thanks for posting this, Pat!

Happy Holidays everyone! :)

All Quidditch players need to check their PM boxes for info on the games coming up.

Thanks for posting Pat!!

Merry holidays to everyone!!

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back