Status
Not open for further replies.

Patricia Styx

OOC First Name
Pattycakes!
Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Tail Hair of a Male Unicorn | Willow Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Gold Dust
BWUTitle.png

Hey all! So it’s been a while since I’ve bashed out one of these and I know how much you all love me so here’s something to get your Pat fix for another while :p
OOCUpdates.png

Character Spotlight

It has come to that time again where the staff have gone through all of the biographies with a fine tooth comb to find the best of the best and crown a new character to spotlight for this fortnight. Once again we have found a gem. So everyone congratulate Donna for her character, Riley Sparkles, on being this fortnights spotlighted character. Once again, congrats Donna and for everyone else be sure to keep your characters bios and CDs up-to-date and next time it could be you! :o

25th Graphics Competition: Voting

It’s hard to believe but MESSI is celebrating it’s Silver Jubliee with Graphic Competitions! :o With it being the 25th one we made it special and give you, the wonderful community of HNZ, the chance to come up with a signature and avatar for our resident Dark Presence of The Borely Mansion. We’ve gotten some great entries and now it’s time to cast your vote. So, hop to it or fear the wrath of Hunapo :arr:

Look! New People!
Well HNZ wouldn’t be HNZ without all of the people who join the site i.e. YOU! :p Now you were all new at one point and were possibly scared, didn’t know what to do, where to go and all the jazz. With the help of our Welcome Centre we’ve been able to welcome many new people to the site (and oldies that have found their way back to us). So a friendly reminder to everyone, be you old or new, welcome at least one new person a day – even if we don’t get a new person a day there is loads of threads there – and make them feel more welcome and less scared, remember you were all once too :p

Hiring: Professors

The running of HNZ is based on a lot of things and the main one being the people on the site. Well there is a number of people who go above and beyond their call of duty – we call those people ‘Professor.’ These people take one the extra duty of posting lessons and exams and marking them all just to help our characters with their IC careers etc. Well if you think you’re up for being a Professor and would like the opportunity then you’re in luck as we currently have three openings for Professors. So have a look, apply and good luck :)

Patience is a virtue

So with Nick having taken a leave of absence from the site *sadface* Livvy has found herself with a lot more work to do on the board. Now all that stuff is a lot to handle for one person but when said person had a rather hectic life and has to deal with said life first and foremost it falls on the members of HNZ to be patient with applications, requests (name/group changes) etc while Livvy deals with some RL issues at the moment. You’ve all be great so far so please keep it up ^_^ Everything will be done in due time ;)

No HNZ?!?! *sadface*

Well it’s not too long, I promise, but on Wednesday November 17th between 1AM EST and 6AM EST there will be a scheduled server downtime with the Zathyus Networks data centre, which means that HNZ will not be available for up to 60 minutes.

ICUpdates.png

Classes/Exams

It’s come to that time again where the classes are finishing up and it’s time for our students to sit their exams. The catch up week should be finishing today, although it’s up to the Professor if they allow students to still do make up work or not. Exams will run from Monday 15th to Wednesday 17th, again Professors all allowed to accept exams after this time but it’s at their own discretion and all exam marks should be posted up before the second semester starts.

Change in the weather

Just a little reminder for everyone, in case they haven’t noticed. It is now December here on HNZ and with that it is now the summer. Please remember that the seasons of different in NZ than that of the Northern Hemisphere so Christmas is in summer and the ‘summer’ is in winter etc :lol:

Halloween Feast: Costume Contest Results

We had many great costumes this year and as you can tell by the slight time delay with getting back to you on this, the judges had a hard time choosing who would get which prize for their costumes. Well the winners have been announced and in case you didn’t see it in the Halloween Feast thread here are the winners once again. Congrats to you all ^_^

What’s the biz?

Want to know? Then have a look at the newest edition of The Daily Prophet and see all the going’s ons around the Wizarding World. Thanks to Brian once again for putting this together and everyone else who had a part in it. Plus thank you to everyone for having your characters do all these interesting things so you could get mentioned xD

PlotHighlights.png

Well I must say I’m very happy to see that there was more Plots for highlighting this week. Remember guys to submit your plots to be highlighted, I’m sure we’d all love to read them.
[ul][li]Bone of the Father, Will of the Son
A son's will and a Dark witch's ingenuity and Luxen Silverback is brought back to life (again....) What will happen now that he's back and for how long?</LI>

[li]The Dangers of Chemistry
After sleeping together during the holidays Aiden and Miriah haven't seen eye to eye really but after having too much Aiden finally comes up with a plan to make it that he and Miriah would be in the same room and that she would have to talk to him and the events of that night and what happened because of it (as Aiden is still blissfully unaware that after Miriah's initial thoughts of been pregnant had long since been proven wrong). Although things don't go as well as planned.

Other RPs in this plot include:[ul][li]After Class
Aiden gains the help of an unlikely person and some truths are revealed

[li]The Lion and The Raven
It's the night of the Yule Ball and Aiden gives it one more chance to fix things between Miriah and him[/li][/ul][/li][/ul][ul][li]Don't Wanna Fly if You're Still on the Ground
Two friends meet up to exchange Christmas presents, nothing wrong with that

[li] The Greatest Gift of All
Evette plans to spend a quite Christmas with her children as she thinks about the one that got away and has a pleasant surprise.</LI>

[li]Were Going to be Killed for This....
Arnost visits Axelle, one of the four mothers that he had spawned with recently, and gets more than what he bargains for when he just goes in for quick visit of his three children.

[li]I did not miss this
Basically, just a roleplay of husband and wife, fighting and all, showing how well they bond. It shows a completely different side to our dark, cold and emotionless Slytherin Head of House.

[li]Sudden Birthday Illness
Colton thinks about asking Gabrielle to go steady when she falls ill on her birthday. Then, something unexpected happens when Colton's half brother and long lost rival decides to barge in, unannounced.

[li]The Snake, The Darkness, and The Future
In a family where whoever has the biggest web wins, Leah Winters is caught in the middle as she is forced to accept the situation she is in now. She knows that her love Henry will be judged and is shocked to find Luxen Silverback, not only alive but also being the one to judge him. Should Henry fail both he and Leah will pay the ultimate price, in the outlines of this threat Leah Winters is given a mission. Bring Luxen the Potters so that he may get his revenge and destroy them.

Other RPs in this plot include:[ul]<LI>[li] Master of Puppets
Lolita summons Cordelia and assigns her to help Leah on her mission, Luthor however knows there is something just not right about Cordelia and questions her on it.[/li][/ul][/li][/ul][ul][li] Get your hands off... wait, Ange?
Teddy and Angela meet after almost a year from seeing each other last. Will there be old feelings still there and what will they learn as they catch up?[/li][/ul]

TTLFT.png

[ul][li]Great times on HNZ
[li]Exams
[li] Yule Ball
[li] Holidays
[li] MESSI Comp Results
[li] More MESSI madness
<LI>[li] More Updates! ♥[/li][/ul]
As so ends another Bi-Weekly Update. I do hope you all enjoyed it and if you have any questions or comments please let me know ^_^

-Pattycakes
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Loved it :wub:
Good job Pat ^_^ Can't wait to read all the plot highlights! :woot:

Nice Update Pat! :wub:
A lot of my threads are Highlighted this time around.

Well done Pat. ^_^ Great work.

YAY! I love when my plots are highlighted.

Also... WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO FOR SIXTY MINUTES WHILE HNZ IS DOWN!? IS THERE EVEN A GOD????????? HOW CAN THIS BE HAPPENING!?

Haha I know Malynne, going to be so hard but at times like this I normally copy all of my RPs into a word document or have them open in a tab and type up my replies in a word document and copy and paste them in after :lol:

Great Update Pattsyloo :D

(for some reason everytime I call you that, I get a weird vision of Gracie-lu Freebush from Miss congeniality o_O Maybe its the loo part :erm: ?)

Well it’s not too long, I promise, but on Wednesday November 17th between 1AM EST and 6AM EST there will be a scheduled server downtime with the Zathyus Networks data centre, which means that HNZ will not be available for up to 60 minutes.
*sharp intake of breath* *drops to knees* *throws arms in the air and screams at the sky* NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Really excited about the Yule Ball, though :D *gestures to sig*

Great job Pat!

I'm happy to see soo many plot highlights *skips off to lurk* ^_^

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back