Beyond our Belief

Nicolette Styx

OOC First Name
Jessye
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Nicolette really wished she could use her Animagus form like this more often, everything seemed a lot more important and fun to look at when she was in this form it made her truly believe that humans were blind to the real world unlike animals. Ever since the right between her and Kalif, Nicolette hadn't really felt like the same kind of person before any of that happened. To her it seemed like James really had won because even with him dead she was absolutely miserable and fearful of what was going to happen to her future at this point. The fact that she was currently in the coldest part of Russia hiding out didn't help either, she missed her family too much and it was starting to get extremely annoying to her. 'Thank god for fur.' Nicolette jumped down from a tree and began to walk her away through the side of the street, people pretty much ignored her now that she was a cat and she almost preferred it that way so she wouldn't have to deal with annoying idiots today.

'Gah. Itchy ear. She paused in her walking to use her paw and scratch her ear quickly before she stood back up and started to made her way across the street, why anyone would suspect such a small white cat of being a human was completely against her.

Why they were in Russia, Pippin had no idea. James apparently had 'business' in some shady section of the town that they were staying in, which Pippin did not find suspicious at all since he was not inclined to be so. It was very lovely country anyway and he was used to not knowing what anyone was talking about. No one paid any attention to the wheelchair bound crippled boy anyway, and he never ventured into places he should have been. At that moment he was only taking a 'walk' on the pathway and sightseeing a little bit. Antoinette trusted him not to go far, anyway. Besides; how far could he get? There was the worry of someone trying to hurt him, but Pippin was a lot less harmless than he looked now that Antoinette had taught him a few good hexes. He recalled, with shame, the time when he had stunned his own mother when she had gone for his adoptive mother. He wasn't entirely defenseless, he now knew. Even so, he was still prey to anyone who appeared nice on the outside.

Some things he remained entirely ignorant of. For example he knew nothing of the fact that his adoptive father was a Death Eater. For another, he had no idea that people could turn into animals. That he would not remain ignorant of for long. As he wheeled himself at an easy pace down the street, there came a small white cat from the other side and directly in his path. He stopped, of course. Pippin was very fond of animals even though he didn't see them very often. He couldn't help but lean over slightly to extend his hand to the creature for it to sniff. He'd seen other cats doing that to a friendly human, so perhaps it was good cat etiquette. Gently he touched the cat's soft fur behind its ear, smiling. What a nice stray, thought Pippin happily. It was a wizarding town of course, so the coming shock of his life was completely permissible.

Nicolette stopped walking when she not only picked up the sound of someone, but the strong smell of a human that only told her that this person was getting closer and closer. Soon the person who appeared to be nothing but a young boy in a wheelchair came into view, he also stopped when he saw her and she suddenly became nervous that he was going to do something irritating. Nicolette's gold cat eyes glowed in the dark as she stared at the human that extended the hand to her, did he really expect her to sniff that hand? 'I hope you don't expect me to smell that.' She looked at him with her eyes, humans smelled so bad at times it wasn't even so funny. Sure she was a human too, but her sense of smell wasn't nearly as good as when she was in her Animagus form, so far this boy didn't smell as bad as most of the people who walked around the streets here did. When he didn't pull his hand back and instead reached to pet before her heard she immediately swatted her paw at him and backed up a few steps.

'Just because I have furry ears does not mean you have to touch them.' She sat down and stared at the boy with big gold eyes, at least he hadn't tried to pick her up and scratch her tummy like so many idiots tried to do. She would only let one person scratch her tummy, but she pretty much assumed she wasn't going to see that person ever again. As she sat she waited for him to try and make another smart move; her Animagus form may have been cute but she was not in any mood to be pet by some stranger who could easily catnap her.

Naively, Pippin assumed that all cats were a friendly sort of creature who liked a pat. After all, didn't the baker at the Markets in England have a ginger tabby that would hog the attention from the customers? Pippin never touched it since it liked to sit on a high wall that he wasn't able to reach, but he liked to admire it's orange fur in the sunlight. This white cat had a completely different demeanour entirely, to the point where Pip was wondering whether it was a cat at all. Its eyes were far too intelligent and if he didn't know better he'd say it was rather cross at him in particular, not just simply unfriendly. The pretty white cat batted away his hand and he moved back immediately. "Oh, excuse me!" said Pippin on instinct and gave the cat an apologetic look without thinking. He did not berate himself for talking to a cat either. Pipping leaned on one hand and looked at the cat from the side sadly. "I suppose no animal would know what to think about this contraption," he said almost to himself, thinking about the wheelchair that he was sitting on. He didn't feel miffed that he was rejected, only sad that the cat wasn't particularly happy.

"Well, I hope you have something to keep you company wherever you're going," Pippin said to the cat, looking at it and half believing that it could understand. "Better than I can provide, anyway. If I knew where you wanted to go, I'd take you there." He gave it a small smile. Well, did it want food? He looked at the cat's round golden eyes and didn't dare. "Well, good luck," he said softly. Pip lifted his eyes across the road to where the cat had come from. He might as well stay here since he had nowhere else to be, so he didn't move from the side of the road at all.

Nicolette felt bad that she had swatted the boy away from her but she didn't like it when people she didn't know tried to touch her as if she were some common street cat, at least he was nice enough to apologize and treat her nicely despite her being a cat. Nicolette decided to humor the boy before she meowed very softly at him and back off a few more steps, perhaps she just ought to reveal that she wasn't exactly a cat so he wouldn't feel bad if she seemed to dislike him or something. 'Dude is he seriously talking to me, I'm a cat.' If Nicolette could she would have rolled her eyes and laughed at the boy but instead she mewed softly again as if trying to get his attention right onto her so he wouldn't miss it when she transfigured herself back into a human. that was always fun to watch people's reactions at.

Within moments the cat form was gone and, Nicolette was standing right before the boy fully human with a small smile on her face, she leaned against a lamp post post and crossed her arms as she stared at the boy with her golden eyes that still seemed to glow. "It's a little weird that you talk to cats kid, but it's nice to see you show so much respect for animals." She hummed softly before she looked up at the lamp post with mild amusement before her gaze returned to the boy once more. Waiting to see his reaction about her being more than just a cat. "What's a little boy like you doing way out here by yourself?" She raised an eyebrow as her eyes glinted brightly for a moment as she stopped leaning against the pole and slowly walked towards him. She wasn't going to hurt him mind you, but she curious to see why he would be foolish enough to be out here so late without anyone else.

Pippin watched the cat backed away slightly and he sighed. But it was meowing at him and he turned his attention to it again, only to see the delicate white feline blossom into a woman. Now Pippin, being a wizard but generally ignorant of the world that he was supposed to have grown up in, he knew nothing about animagi. To see a cat turn into a human being was startling to say the very least, but he couldn't say that it wasn't possible. Even so, he let out a gasp and his eyes became as round as saucers. When he finally gathered the wit to speak, Pippin only apologised again. "Oh, excuse me. If I'd known, I wouldn't have been so impolite," he managed, forcing himself not to stare. She was pretty and quite a bit older than him, so from one form to the other didn't register well with him. He frowned in worry and dared ask her what he was thinking. "You weren't under some sort of enchantment, were you?" Had someone turned her into a cat?

No. Now that he thought about it a bit more, she looked quite as if she had changed at her own will and completely at ease. Then she could turn into an animal? "Gracious," mumbled Pippin. "That's amazing." His look of shock morphed into a look of wonder. He could have asked more questions, but he was spoken too himself. The woman stepped forward and Pippin did not withdraw, at complete ease with the stranger from his blind trust. "I like to be outdoors," he replied, "And I don't really have anyone else to go with. I can defend myself alright, so I'm not worried" he added with a smile. Pippin looked like he couldn't say boo to a goose, but like all people he was more than what he appeared to be. "I'm Pippin. Might I ask your name?" he asked politely, figuring he shouldn't be talking to anyone without being able to address them properly.

Nicolette let a snort escape her lips softly as she watched the boy with high amusement at how Pippin reacted to her going from cat to human. His was probably one of the funniest she had seen yet, most people just looked at her oddly and walked away from her without another question or statement to say to her at all. "Um no, it's called being Animagus which means I can shape shift into an animal." Nicolette stated boredly as she blinked and stared at Pippin with amusement still clearly written in her eyes because no matter how much of a weird question it was this boy was a bit interesting to talk with. Pippin seemed like he was trying not to stare which made her raise an eyebrow at him but she just shrugged it off and continued to look at him with her bright gold eyes and soft smile, Nicolette loved meeting random people especially not that she was in a point in her life where she truly felt alone and lost. "Hm, whats a matter? I don't make you nervous do I?" She blinked and asked as she turned her head to the side slightly and began to puzzle what was up, he seemed to avoid looking at her and she hoped she didn't scare him too badly.

"Why thank you, I'm pretty fond of it myself." Nicolette adored her Animagus form more than she could probably ever manage to spit out in words, she didn't know what she would do if she couldn't transform into it anymore. It also made her happy that other people appreciated her ability that had taken years and harsh training for her to learn and down to the point where she could change and unchange herself easily. "I'm Nicolette, nice to meet you kiddo." Suddenly her bubbly nature returned at the thought of her meeting a new friend so randomly when she needed one the most. Her hand reached down and gripped his hand as she shook it gently for a moment then let it drop again. Her eyes sparkled and her smile was soft and pretty. "Sorry for getting all nasty when you tried to pet me, I don't usually like being handled by strangers." She ran a few fingers through her sunny blonde hair and scratched her cheek as she thought about how she really needed to be less friendly with strangers that she had just met, it was probably going to get her in some sort of big trouble and confusing someday.

Shape shift ... into an animal? Pippin had never seen anything like it in his entire life and he decided that it must take great work and skill to do so, otherwise everyone would be doing it. He found a new appreciation of magic then, and also of Nicolette. She must be a very great witch to be able to do something like that, he thought in wonder. He must have been looking rather doe-eyed for Nicolette was giving him an odd look with her head tilted on the side. He blushed beetroot red and smile sheepishly at her. "No, you don't make me nervous. I didn't mean to stare. I just ... well, I don't know a lot about magic so I've never heard of an animo...animale..." he blushed redder. "A shape-shifter." Pip wanted to ask more questions and the urge was written all over his good-natured face, but he kept silent for fear of seeming uneducated and stupid. He was brighter than he looked, but couldn't help his lack of knowledge and insatiable curiosity.

A change came over Nicolette that endeared her to Pippin instantly, though it was foolish of him to trust so easily. She looked quite a bit happier than before and he shook her hand happily when it was offered. "That's quite alright," he responded merrily. "I don't think I'd like it that much if I could change into a cat, too." Which may not have been entirely truthful, since although Pippin wasn't fond of contact from strangers, he loved cuddles and suchlike. Now that he thought about it, it was a very strange place for the two of them to meet. Nicolette did not look like a native of the country he was currently in (because Pippin had no idea where he was, only that they were there for 'business') and he thought it a strange and fortunate coincidence. "Do you live around here? If you don't mind me asking," asked Pip, ever polite. "Or just visiting? I didn't think you were from here, see." There was a pause before he laughed a sweet, infectious laugh. "I hardly expected a cat to turn into a human being, let alone that human being able to speak English."

Nicolette could definitely tell that this boy wasn't used to seeing an Animagus or any type of powerful witch or Wizard just by his shocked and meek reaction, it prided her to know that she had the ability to do something that not many people in this world knew how to do or even had the skill to be able to learn it like she had. "Ah, I see now. It's okay not many people are used to seeing an Animagus either." she pat the boys head gently before she gave him a beaming smile and reached to pull her sweater down because it was getting a little cold with the night air chilling around them. Nicolette must not have noticed how cool it was with her being a cat because of all the warm comfy fur she had while had while being in that form, perhaps she should change back if she got too cold. Her sparkling golden eyes shifted their gaze to the left as someone walked by on the side walk across from the one they were currently on, you always had to be careful with people around here. "I allow a few people like my husband and children to pet me any time, but other than that it just feels weird." She shrugged her shoulder, sometimes it was really nice to be pet by people she trusted but when it was someone she didn't know it always felt awkward and like she was going kidnapped or smacked because animal cruelty wasn't uncommon anymore in human nature.

"Well I used to live around here, but now I'm just here because I really have no choice." Her eyes softened as well as her voice as she remembered the whole reason she was here in Russia in the first place. Because she screwed up and lost the trust of the people she loved and cared about most in the world. Really she should call this her new home because they weren't going to want her to ever come back to the them and be part of the family like she used to be. Oh how she missed all the moments she had with the, all the times she laughed because they were just that amusing to her. "It's too lonely here for me anyways." She stuck out her lower lip and put on a pouty like face for a moment before she stopped and replaced it with a half-smirk. Nicolette lived it when there was lots of people around for her to look at, talk to, and just be around.

Pippin grinned when he was patted on the head; perhaps she wasn't so grumpy with him after all. He hated making people feel uncomfortable; everyone ought to smile and be cheery. Despite Nicolette's friendly demeanour, he could sense that something was saddening her greatly. It was even more apparent when she spoke of her having once lived in this area. Where were her friends, her family? Pippin, being far too open-hearted for his own good, had empathy written all over his face for what may have been just a perceived sadness.

His brows furrowed as he spoke. "You don't look like you suit loneliness very much," he said, fearing that it wasn't polite to point this out but deeming it necessary to introduce his invitation. "But you're welcome to come and visit us when you have the chance! I'm not sure how long we are staying here for, but I'm sure you could come over for tea some time." Pippin beamed at her. "I usually do the cooking for Mr James Sir and Miss Antoinette." If Nicolette thought it was strange that he addressed his 'parents' as such, she was right to think so. Pip's adoptive parents were really only four years older than him and barely adults themselves. However, James Dalton was a Death Eater in training and Antoinette was currently pregnant. Pippin was supposed to act like their little brother, or son, or some sort of close family relation. Instead he acted more like a servant and did basically everything for them that he was allowed to do. It was a strange family, indeed. Although Pip didn't know it, Nicolette might have even recognised James, being a Death Eater herself.

Now Pippin was still curious as to exactly what an animagus was, and so it was with obvious hesitation that he asked "Did you have to ... study a lot to be able to change into a cat? Do you think it is something I could do?". Maybe not, he thought sadly to himself. Perhaps my animal self would still not be able to walk. Unless I became a bird of some sort.

Nicolette couldn't help but giggle softly into her hand. This little boy was adorable, he definitely didn't seem like the type who would give her problems of any sort because he was just too sweet and far too innocent seeming. "Awh, your too sweet. I haven't had tea since the babies were born!" She said softly, closing her eyes to try and remember the delicious taste of it when she had to drink it to stay away during her long and exhausting pregnancy. She particularly liked it with a hint of mint or honey in it, that cursed sweet tooth had to get sugar into her system without her getting extremely sick from it sometime later. Continuing to listen to the boy speak she wondered who the people he was speaking about were, they didn't sound like bad people but from his last sentence he sounded as if he were a servant to them and that struck something bad inside her. "Mr James Sir and Miss Antoinette have you cook for them? Are you a servant?" She wanted to ask if they treated him well but she figured that would be extremely nosy and he could even get in trouble for spilling something like that. However if they were beating his boy or not treating him well she figured she might as well have a talk with them, no human deserved to be treated badly..especially not one as kind hearted as this one.

"It took nearly six years of practising for it and even more time studying the art of Transfiguration. But I'm sure it's something you could pick up if you tried hard enough." Even if the boy had no sue of his legs, she was sure there was an animal or some way around having to use them as much. Perhaps if he liked snakes or birds, they could possibly work well for him. The only issue was, not everyone had a talent like she did for the subject, some people just couldn't do it to the skill level she had mastered so many years ago.

Yay! thought Pippin delightedly, having decided that Nicolette had, in a round about way, said yes to his invitation for tea. He was less delighted by her next question and was overly eager to remedy the situation. "Oh, no!" he laughed. "I can't do very much so I like to help out where I can. Truth to be told," Pippin leaned in conspiratorially. "I don't think Mr James is a very good cook." Muffling his giggles, he blushed at his less than favourable insinuations towards James. "But he's a good sort." he added. "And Miss Antoinette is very pregnant, and I should think no one likes to cook then." For a moment he wondered about Nicolette saying she had not had tea since ... whose babies were born? She must be very hungry, he thought sadly. It took him a moment to realise that tea in England could mean both a meal or literal tea, and that she probably thought he'd offered her a drink. Oh! Well then. We'll have both, he thought happily.

"I guess I have more cooking experience anyway," said Pippin in an offhand way, thinking about where he had gotten it from. "My mother had me cook every night." Suddenly in the back of his mind, Pippin saw the outstretched hands of his mother aimed towards Antoinette. The little Pippin in his mind cried 'Stupefy!' and he flinched outwardly. It was best not to think back any further than that. There was only pain and tears before then. Thinking instead of being an animagus, he smiled again and forgot once more. Sometimes it was simply best not to remember the times before happiness. "I'm sure I could do it one day, if I worked really hard," said Pip earnestly, his head off in the clouds about being able to turn into an animal. "Though I'm not sure if I could do it physically." He laughed sadly, holding up a thin arm. "Everyone trying to put some meat on me, but it's not really working." Sometimes he would look at James, envious of how strong he was. Pippin was sure that he could pick up Antoinette even as she was now. He was melancholy some days, looking at his legs and knowing he could walk, if only he knew how. Pip was not paralysed, only weakened.

Nicolette allowed herself to relax a little when the boy said he wanted to cook for them simply because he wanted to help out where and whenever he could, she felt slight pity for him because she knew what it was like to feel useless at times especially when she was younger and had no one to look to for comfort or safe arms to run to when she was alone. "If you that good of a cook you ought to teach me sometime, kid." Nicolette herself wasn't an amazing cook herself. She had tried to cook before but unluckily she was still only able to successfully bake sweets and toast without setting them on fire or having them taste oddly to the point of her not wanting to eat them. When Pippin added in moments later he mentioned that this Antoinette woman was very pregnant and didn't like to cook herself, Nicolette raised an eyebrow before she smirked to herself. "I have to agree with that, when I was pregnant I was never in the mood to do anything let alone think about cooking." Her head filled of fond memories of those days when she was happy at the Styx Manor. Nicolette wasn't necessarily fond of being Pregnant but she greatly missed the feeling of being a mother and having something to take care of and baby around. 'I hope they are okay.' She sighed softly before she stuck out her lower lip into a pouty face, she her kids or even just a baby to hold to remind her of that wonderful feeling.

"If you want to gain weight you should eat a lot of cake!" Her pouty face went away and was replaced with one happiness and excitement once again. Nicolette really loved eating cake herself and was especially pleased that she never gained weight from it like most people did when they ate a lot of sweet and sugary foods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back