Between the stacks

Rosaline Mckay

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
13 1/2" Katalox Wood Wand with Chimera Scale core
Rosaline was sitting in her kitchen, barely moving from pain when she heard Gaspard apparate out of the house, Rosaline smirked and she got changed into one of her quirky outfits. Sure it didn't all go but it seemed to suit her well, but because it was getting colder she put on a jacket and then apparated to New Zealand.

Rosaline began walking around the busy streets of a muggle city when she turned a sharp corner to a dark alley where she knew a wizarding town began and she tapped her wand on the bricks once and then walked in when they separated, she hoped that the odd movement didn't catch any attention to any muggles but she didn't feel any eyes on her so she stepped in side and the wall closed up.

As Rosaline walked along the streets she spotted a small book store, she decided she would go in and see if there was anything she hadn't read in there. As she entered she smelled some incense, and a smile formed on her lips and walked between the stacks.

[sorry i ran out of ideas ]

Charlie left the Ministry of Magic building after dropping off his application and didn't feel like going back home just yet. He wondered if he would be considered for the position and seriously hoped he would be. At first he and Daphne thought not working would be bliss, but soon after his leisure activities became boring and the parties Daphne threw became stale since they happened so often. Daphne had also become pregnant while Isabella was at Aiden's home during the summer but they hadn't yet told her. The last time she found out about a sibling it didn't go over too well.

Charlie sighed and walked down the street with his hands in his pants pockets and saw a small bookstore, deciding to go in. He skimmed the aisles, looking for a few books to add to his library at home when he noticed someone vaguely familiar. "Hello," he began softly so as not to scare her, "Rosaline was it?" he asked her politely.

Rosaline looked up when she heard someone address her and she said, "Hello, I'm sorry I don't remember meeting you, how would you know my name?" Rosaline grasped her wand tightly, as she remembered meeting Asparuh, just in case this man was part of Chavdar's family and have heard about her, she wasn't in the mood for more pain, she had to give it to Chavdar though he did come from a powerful wizard, actually it was quite surprising for a man his age to be able to cause such pain. Rosaline frowned slightly, as she touched her neck with her free hand feeling the red scars.

Charlie nodded his head slightly as a small smile appeared on his face. He had a knack for remember people's faces and names but it usually confused many others. "I'm Charles Chaos, I believe my daughter stayed with Aiden, your cousin?" he asked questioningly because he didn't remember how they were related.

He noticed her touch a few red scars on her neck and couldn't help but wonder if they were recent, they did look like it, but he didn't comment on it.

"Oh Hello Charles, it's nice to see you again, and Aiden is my nephew," Rosaline said with a smile then she loosened her grip on her wand carefully then asked in a friendly voice, "How are things going?" Rosaline turned her body towards the book shelves sorely then picked up one book and she glanced at the title, wondering if she would enjoy it, she then turned her head back to Charles.

Charles nodded lightly as she corrected how she and Aiden were related. "Please, call me Charlie. Nice to see you again as well," he commented before putting down a book he had picked up earlier. He shrugged lightly and said, "Things are fine," he answered simply. He didn't feel like going too much into detail about his personal life so he just mentioned work, or lack thereof. "I thought retiring this early would be nice but I'm almost died of boredom," he said chuckling a little. "How about yourself?"

Rosaline nodded her head once then gave him a light smile (which yet again looked like an awkward pull of her face) and said, "Oh I've managed to keep busy, as shocking as it is." Rosaline felt a slight smile form on her lips, this time it was a real one, it seemed to be a real smile when she thought of Chavdar, which was quite odd for her.

"How so? If you mind me asking," he added right after asking his question. He was looking for any way to cure his boredom. He looked at the scars on her neck and hoped that wasn't how she kept busy, and the smile on her face seemed to contradict his thoughts.

Rosaline could feel Charles' gaze set on her sharp scars on her neck and she smiled sheepishly and said, "Don't worry that isn't how, I ran into an old... friend." Rosaline knew that the last bit was a lie, she just didn't want to go about saying, an old man did that to her, it was embarrassing.

[Well I have to go now, I'll be back in a little bit, I've been on the computer wayy to much]

Charlie raised his eyebrows slightly at her explanation to her scars and said, "Some friend," with half a smile. He looked up at the books in the section they were in and half chuckled, the Dark Arts. He picked up a book and leafed through it absentmindedly, stopping when he noticed something familiar. "Hmm, I studied this in school," he whispered almost inaudibly.

[I have no idea what to do. :( ]

Rosaline smiled and said, "So did I.." Rosaline gave Charles a light smile then said, "Did you go to Durmstrang as well?" She gave Charles a weak smile then began flipping through one of the books as she waited for Charles response, then smirked as she saw a spell she recognized, it was a difficult one to preform, she thought it was harder to preform then the unforgivables.

Charlie looked up with interest when she mentioned his school and said 'as well.' "Yes, you did too?" There was a tone of surprise in his voice though he didn't really understand why, he knew many people had gone to that school. He wondered for a moment if they'd gone during the same years but she seemed a lot younger than him so he ruled that out.

He looked back down at the book and turned the page with a smirk on his face. When he had first gone to the Ministry of Magic to get a job and had to go through many tests and exams, he had almost failed the Defensive Magic test because he knew only curses and not too many protective spells.

Rosaline nodded her head and said, "Yes." Rosaline smiled inwardly then said, "When did you graduate, I don't think I ever saw you around the school when I attended." Rosaline of course assumed that they were a few years apart but how much she didn't know. She looked a little older for her age because of her depression so she understood completely how your experiences can change your appearances.

Charlie gave a hearty laugh as he tried remembering how long ago he attended school. "I graduated about 20 years ago," he said, suddenly feeling extremely old. "2002, to be exact," he finally remembered. "How about yourself?" he asked as he snapped the book shut and put it back on the shelf.

Rosaline chuckled slightly and said, "Well no wonder I didn't know you at school I was about 5 years old when you graduated." She furrowed her brow and pursed her lips as Charles asked her when she graduated, she couldn't remember. "I graduated in 2013," She said when she remembered then sighed, that was the year she met Vaschel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back