Old School Week Better Than Before

Evander Mikaelson

Do I look like I care?
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Evan was simply enjoying his breakfast without the bunch of his cousins around, Roxanne was doing something, Kiara was studying, Nick was on the pitch and everyone else was somewhere else. Evander didn't bother to care about it. He was just eating his breakfast and reading some sci-fi book.

Akihiro had left Aika at the Slytherin table, meaning to congratulate the Ravenclaw seeker on his success. On his way back from that, he noticed a boy reading. Akihiro stopped to look at the book. "What are you reading?" He asked.

Evan was just getting into the book when he heard someone talking to him. "Uh, it's Rainbow's end. Sci-fi,"

Akihiro took a seat, intrigued now. "And what is that??" He asked, trying to peek at the cover.

Evan almost smiled when he noticed that his classmate seemed to be interested in his book. "It's Vernier's Vinge book. It's about a man who's slowly recovering from Alzheimer's disease and since he's a technophobe, he literally has to adapt to a whole new world where technologies are absolutely common. It's actually interesting," Evander lightly shrugged his shoulders, memorized at what page he was at, and then handed the book to the boy to take a look at.

Akihiro picked up the book as it was offered, looking at the cover and flipping it over to read the back. "It looks interesting enough," He murmured, before opening it to peruse the first page. "Well written... did you borrow this from our library?" He asked, curious, looking over to the other boy.

Evander gave a slight nod. "It is interesting, just a bit hard to read as it's meant for y'know young adults or adults, not for start up teens," he said while twirling his pencil in his hand. Evan liked to take a lot of notes while reading the book, so he always had a pencil and his books were filled with different color sticky notes, each color had a different meaning. "No, it's my own but I can lend you it when I will finish it?" he offered a bit unsurely. He knew who Akihiro was, knew where to find him and he seemed to be careful towards his things and what mattered the most, didn't seem like someone that would forget to give the book back or lose it, however, Evan was a bit cautious when it came to lending his things to other people.

Akihiro raised a brow. "I think you mean you need to be intelligent to understand it," He countered, smiling a bit. He could certainly handle a book like that. Evander had certainly caught his interest. He studied the book. "Hmm... perhaps. " He didn't want to sound overly eager, even if he truly wanted to read it. "Why don't you come find me once you've finished it and we'll talk about it then?" He offered, thinking it gave him a nice mixture of aloof but interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back