Better Days with a Girl Like You

Aurora Night

OOC First Name
Kathy
Sexual Orientation
Personalities
Wand
Wild 10 3/4 Inch Reasonably Supple Ebony Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
After a quick investigation using any nearby students she could con into helping her, Rory ascertained that her next target was an older Hufflepuff girl and she set off for that house's table with a grin. If she didn't manage to find who she was looking for, she could just wrangle her sister into taking her to the common room to help deliver the rose. Surely Sophia wouldn't be able to find a problem with such a well-meaning and helpful purpose, that would inevitably allow Rory to bug her little sister even better. As Rory called out the person's name, for the first time she hoped that there wouldn't actually be an answer. "Amber? Amber, are you here? No?" She left a good pause to see if anyone would pipe up, but her feet were already turning away to go and track down her sister.

Amber always enjoyed the atomosphere of Valentine's day, and was still on the lookout for a rose from Ainsley. It was the first time she was actually dating someone seriously during this time, and she really hoped her girlfriend had sent her a rose. She was reading a book at the Hufflepuff table, partly so she would be easy to find for any rose delivery people. So when someone called her name, she perked up with a smile. "I'm Amber!" She said, waving at the girl that had been calling her name.

Rory was disappointed to hear someone answer her at the last minute, and she turned back around reluctantly to locate whoever had called out. The girl waving at her was hard to miss, and Rory pulled out the rose to give her as she headed over - the flower wasn't hard to find, as it was the only red one in the bunch. "Well, at least I can get this one over and done with," she said, holding the rose out for the older girl to take. "I know it's red, but don't get too mushy on me, okay?" Rory thought she might have to make a run for it otherwise.
Dear Amber
Happy Valentines day!

I don't even know what to say in this. You mean so much to me, and I couldn't imagine anything making me happier than being with you. Thank you for always being my best friend and closest companion. I hope that whatever happens we never part.

<3
Ainsley

As the younger girl approached, Amber glanced at the roses she was holding. To her delight, the Gryffindor took out the one red rose of the bunch. A smile spread over her face as she took it from her. She laughed at the girl's request, but shook her head. "I can't promise you that, it's probably from my girlfriend." She said, excitement clear in her face. She found it less and less strange to say that word out loud the more she did it. Unfolding the note, she sighed as she read the text. "Thank you." She told the redheaded girl. She sniffed the rose, looking around to see if she could spot Ainsley anywhere. She wanted to thank her for the note, and liked the idea of spending Valentine's day with her.

Rory wasn't too happy to hear that there could be no promises about her request for an absence of mushiness. She watched the older girl nervously, inching away from her in case there were any outbursts of sappy smiling or gushing conversation that she really didn't want to engage in. It seemed safe so far though, and as the girl started to look around for someone, Rory decided to make a break for it - it would be much better to escape now while she still could. "Cool, you're welcome. Bye!" she called back, dashing off. Love was... okay, really it was. It was just weird when it was too near her, that was all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back