Bella-Donna Manor

"Thanks" Veronica said to William and then watched her mother smile at her and say that she was kind.Well, not everyone is like you she thought in disgust masking her face well like she always did and no one knew what went inside her mind. "Oh Okay" she said when Dympna told her that the school was closed down.She was curious to know what had brought William to this place and why he was still living in this manor.

"William, what do you do apart from looking after this place?"she asked him with a smile. She looked around to see if they were any other kids in sight but she couldn't see any. She ran her hand through her blonde hair and looking up at her mother she asked "Where is everyone else?"

William could see zeal in the corner of the hall behind a table. he tried to get him to come out and see the new girl. " well it seems the children are out. i do not live here, i am just here some of the time to see if the children are safe and not hurmed. oh i live with my wife and new baby." he walk closer to the table and grabbed out zeal and hugged him.

Ruby wondered into the scene. Her eyes where dialated and she seemed to have no clue what anyone was talking about. "Child of Joy why do thee not make your presence known. Hath the Child of Fear replaced thee again or art thee just fearful of the young Bella-Donna?" She asked her voice overly dreamy. Ruby had come from the long corredor which lead to the large living room and the basement. Where she had come from exsactly it could not be told but Ruby didn't seem to be all there.

How she had known about Veronica and how she had known that Zeal was there where other things that could not be known. Ruby flowted a little farther towards the door before she triped on air and fell a sleep right where she landed. Her flaming red hair fanned out around her head.

william let go of zeal and told him to stay. he walked over to ruby picked her up and walk up the stairs to her room and put her in her bed. than walked back down stairs and could see zeal did stay where he was left. he stood there to wait and see what was about to happen.

Naomi couldn't help her eyes widening when she saw her Mommy yank back a man's hair and then suddenly turn sweet, telling her to go to her. She couldn't help but run towards mommy's arms, hiding her face. She was the type of person that was shy and she didn't like having all these strangers around. 'Mommy. I'm scared.' She whispered terrified as she glanced around at all the people around her. 'Who's he?' She pointed at the man that had picked up Ruby and taken her to her room and told Zeal to stay.

Veronica watched everyone, each was different from the other and yet they held something in similar. What exactly they held same she did not know because she wasn't one of them and maybe she would never be. Veronica rolled her eyes at the younger girl who spoke Shakespeare. "I only understand English and Bulgarian" she told her with a smile.The other little girl, Naomi was scared of something.

"Where's my room?"She asked her mothering hoping she wouldn't have to share. She needed to relax and be away from all this new family that she had just discovered. Everything had happened so fast and she needed some time to absorb it all.

Dympna lifted Naomi up in her arms and ran her hand though the little girl's hair. "That's William my baby doll. There is no need to be scared of him. He just misbehaves some times and you know what happens to those who misbehave in our house." She said sweetly as she passed her thin white hand over Naomi's cheek. She was old enough that she was sure that Naomi would like to have a new name. There was nothing wrong with Naomi but Dympna thought that she looked more like a Poppy.

Dympna turned her attention to Veronica and smiled kindly "Your room is next in the same wing mine is in. None of the children's rooms are in that wing so you will have your privicy. I know who teenagers don't need little ones bothering them. If you want to help with them you can though." She said as she comforted Naomi. The expiration had already begun and if she had done them right Naomi and the others would be cracking glass by next week. She had already started to teach them that if they didn't like something that they where in their full right to destroy it. "Have you been taking your medicine baby doll?" She asked Naomi sweetly.

Naomi nodded, smiling sweetly when her mother began stroking her cheek. She knew exactly what happened to those who were naughty, having experienced the older ones getting punished. 'I took my medication this morning mommy.' She said hesitantly, as she was still learning how to speak properly, each word had a small pause between them. 'Who's she?' Naomi whispered, pointing at Veronica, her eyes gazing curiously at mommy. She thought her mommy was the best in the world, and she loved her dearly.

Dympna loved all the Children that she took in. It took a lot for a Child of the Manor to disapoint her but a fair few had. Jasper was starting to disapoint her and Jade well Jade had a bit of potential left. A few more expiraments would maybe do the trick with Jade. She walked Naomi over to Veronica with a kind smile. "This is my blood daughter, Veronica. A long time ago her daddy thought it would be best to take her away but she coming back for the summer." She said very kindly. Veronica was a bit older than Dympna was used to but there was a chance that Veronica being of her own blood would do well with the modifications that she was starting to plan. She would have to get to know her better though. "Veronica this is little Naomi. She's one of the younger Children of my manor." She said introducing her to the child in her arms. "The one that you saw just now was called Ruby. She's a bit sick at the moment but she will get better soon." She said with mention that Dympan had been the one to cause her illness in the first place.

William was giving the hawk eye to Zeal and was now wondering how Dympna gets all these young people and not get in trouble. he turn to the young girl and in a nice sweet voice said " i am dympna's first 'son' and you have seen me aound more because i am here to keep an eye on you young ones." he turned to dympna and said " i heard from Eir that you are having problems with Japser. is there anything i can do to help or do to lessen the problem?"

Dympna shook her head. "I've worked and worked with the boy and still nothing. He's got the attitude and aptitude for it but nothing is coming up." She said with a sigh. Jasper was not developing like she wanted him to. At his age William was bending the boys in his school to his will. The Rouges where showing signs of black powers. Even his twin Jade was showing more promise than he was. "I am starting to think that Jasper will be pronounced a Failer." She said with another deep sigh. To fail in Dympna's eyes was to fall into the background. The child would still get fed and watered for as long as they lived in the House but at she age of seventeen they where to find thier own house and leave never to see Bella-Donna Manor again. "If you can bring out his potential then maybe I will consider him worthy again but until then he may even become part of the forest." She said a sad look on her face. To others it may have seemed like Dympna was worried over a son but those who knew her well would see that all Dympna was upset about was the waist of matirial.

William was thinking he could see a little sadness in Dympna's eyes. " well would you want me to take away from here? i will ask my wife and i know you hate her but i think i will be the best. you know i come here as part of a deal so you would leave her alone and not hunt us." he walk over to her to see if she would be nice again or mean. " i would like to help you but i am not as strong will as you with your expiraments. if you need something just ask but know its not a forever idea. i care for the children and only wish for no one disappearings. Jasper may be a fail but i would not wish upon him the forest. think about him come living with me and seeing a few things you can not show."

Veronica nodded when Dympna said that her room was away from the others. She was about to ask someone to guide her to her room when William and Dympna started conversing about Jasper. Who the boy was she didn't know but she was having her guess at him being a squib. Why else would Dympna be worried over him and say he was a failure? She didn't know but at the moment she didn't feel like asking questions.

Veronica smiled at Naomi who stood with them and wondered what was wrong with Ruby and why was she sick. This place and its people were confusing like a maze but she knew that slowly she would get to know all the secrets and find her way out. She stood there waiting for William and Dympna to finish so someone could show her to her room.

William turned to Veronica and said " if you want to go to your room and get settled in. Zeal can take you and he will come back here." william looked at Zeal and he look scared. "Dympna what is it you want really to do with Jasper, and his magic that seems to be no uses to you?"

"Okay" she said a little unsure to go with Zeal. She was interested in Jasper and what was going on with him. "Whose Jasper? And what happened to him?"she asked curiously to William waiting for an answer.

William looked at her again and said " japser is just one of the clidren here who is not doing good. he goes to drumstrung and he can be a pain sometime. i am thinking of having him live with me. so i can see to it that he gets better education and develops better. he is alittle weak in some departments."

"Ow..." she said with a slight sigh because she wanted to see Jasper since he attended Dumstrang like her. "What year is he in?"she asked William as she tried to remember if she knew any Jasper. At the same time the thought that many children in this house were ill was in her head but like all the time her face was masked.

william said " if i remember correct, he is in second year. he needs friends." he took a step forward towards her to let her know he liked that she was here now.

Veronica nodded with a smile. "I'll be his friend" she said as she left with Zeal to her room. She wondered if Zeal liked her or not or how he had come to live into this manor. "So, do you like it here?"she asked hoping to make some conversation and friendhship with him.

Zeal walked her to her room. " well its fun here but you need to watch you step because it can get painful in here. he ran away from there and back to the hall where william and dympna are. he was hoping for a big fight between them.

William was hoping he could get jasper away safely without to much problems. "Dympna, please tell me what you want to do with jasper and i will see what i can do to help. but do not make him go the forest again to the stories. he would not live." william knew this would make dympna alittle mad but she needed to see jasper has to important to someone in this world and needed to find himself before he got himself killed in someway. william hoped that everything here was safer for everyone even if dympna is a crazy woman who got fired by the government of magics.

Veronica nodded when Zeal said to watch her step or it could get painful. As much as Veronica didn't want to get involved with this manor she could not stop her curiosity. Remembering her room properly she left her baggage there and took out a pair of extend-able ears that she had bought two years back. She tiptoed and standing above the staircase well hidden behind the pillar she plugged in the ear as she listened to the conversation.

William think he could feel someone else listening but did not care. " well, tell me what you want, tell me what needs to be said. tell me your mind."

Dympna could see the concern for the children in William. Why this was she didn't know. He had not interfered in her expiraments in a long time. If this went on she would have to start working him like she worked Eir and make it so he doesn't know what else went on in the house. Eir had no clue what she did any more because of her. "I think that I will let him go to you for a while. I will check up on him in a few months time. If he has not grown magically I will have no choice but to mark him a fail." She said then walked over to the staircase. She touched where the ear was then severed it half way up without even looking. She didn't like people listening to her and her plans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back