Alternate RP Being Left Behind Continued

This is a roleplay outside of the site's canon.

Leonardo Orr

lonely; serious; chaser

OOC First Name
emzies
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
too young to care
Wand
Curly 11" Flexible Cypress Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Leonardo tried to not look too disappointed at that, he should by now know that his father was never going to be there, he knew his father didn't love him, but he still held out a little hope that he might see him again. He frowned a little at James but just nodded, he would just take what he was given, and wouldn't ask for anything in particular. He glanced down at his hands, thinking about how he felt and wondering a little why it seemed that James cared so much. He was up, he was walking around, he was better. It didn't matter that his nose was still a bit runny or that he was sure too much food would maybe make him sick. "I feel fine enough sir," he repeated, not the actual truth, but enough to indicate that he felt better. He bit back the question of why this man cared so much. "When do lessons start?" he knew when he was at home, no matter the break there was always something his grandfather had for him, some revision or something he wanted to teach him or some independent study guided by him.

James shook his head. "I didn't ask if you felt 'fine enough,' silly. I'll get the broth ready," He moved to the fridge, taking out what he needed. He paused at Leo's words, looking to him. "The what?" He asked, blinking. "Why would I have lessons?" He frowned, before shaking his head. "Okay, if you want an assignment. I want you to relax in bed and watch a new tv show. Find one you like, get some more sleep, and just take it easy." James moved quickly, and by the time he was done he'd finished preparing Leo's broth.

He walked over to Leo, kneeling down in front of him. James offered out the cup of warmed broth. "Leo, I don't know how things are with your grandfather. But we consider you to be one of our family. For us, that means we take care of each other, spend time together. We love you, Leo, and that isn't dependent on how well you do in school or even what you do. You could fail your classes, drop every course, hell, you could drop out of school right now and you would have a free, unconditional home with us. We will never force you to do anything you don't want. If you want to go back to your grandfather, then I will not stop you. But Leo, if you want to stay, I will take you in, no questions, no requirements." James had to stop himself. "Leo, has Jordie ever told you about our family?"

Leonardo shrugged slightly in response, feeling that the statement of fine enough was sufficient to answer the question of how he was. He didn’t think it was that silly that this would be his answer. He was a little surprised that they didn’t have any lessons or would not have to work at all. ”I don't know...how to rel-...use a television,” He had never been told to relax by a parent figure ever. His grandfather would’ve never expected him to sit around. Relax. He had never watched a tv show in his life. He didn’t know how to relax.

Leonardo frowned a little as James continued speaking. He didn’t know why James was saying all of these things to him. He glanced at his hands with a frown, and then glanced back at James. For a moment, as he stopped himself. ”I have a family, James, who…love me,” he replied with a serious voice, and perhaps he hesitated for a moment over if he was loved… He knew that James was being nice, but he didn’t need it. He didn’t need to be taken in. His grandfather was rough around the edges, but he was his family. He needed to be loyal to his family. ”He hasn’t,” Leonardo replied to the question about Jordie and this family.

James smiled softly. "Well, then, I'm sure you'll figure it out." He reassured the boy gently. James pulled over a chair, sitting across from Leo. He leant his arms on his knees, folding his hands and smiling softly at the child. James shook his head. Jordie played things surprisingly close to the chest, it seemed. He was always so worried about everyone else that he forgot about himself.

James focused on Leo. "I'm not the father of any of my kids," He stated simply. "The twins, well... they were born to my twin brother, Jackson. But, he and his wife died when the twins were very little. At the time, we were all just starting out, and none of us could reasonably take them both. So, I took Onyx, and my sister Myra took Sapphire." James grimaced.

"Myra disappeared, and then came back later to tell us Sapphire had died before taking off again. We all believed her- we had no reason not to. But when Onyx was thirteen, he found his sister living in an orphanage. I was furious when I found out, and we went to get her immediately. Only, when I got there, she wasn't alone. There was a little boy, barely three or four. His parents had died suddenly, and he had no home to speak of. He had no one. But when they dropped him off, he found Sapphire, and he clung to her."

James shook his head, before looking back to Leo. "Sapphire refused to leave until he found a home. I refused to leave her there a moment longer. So I brought home Jordie, too, and he joined our family." James smiled softly. "Our home is broken, but we've healed together and it's made us stronger." He studied Leo.

"I don't understand what your home life is like, Leo. I believe you when you tell me it's alright, that they love you. I just want to make sure that, well... that you know that we love you, too. You're always welcome here, you'll always have a room and a roof over your head and there will never be any strings attached. No conditions, no lessons, just- our home is yours, if you ever want it." He rubbed the back of his neck. James just knew that something wasn't right, but he couldn't just force Leo to accept it, to accept them, to give up his life and move in. He wasn't sure what to do, honestly.

Leonardo was immediately unsure as to why James was telling him all of this. His mother had died when he was very little, and he had been brought to his grandparents, where his grandfather had taken on the role of it. He realized before the little boy was Jordie before James said it. He didn't understand the point of telling him. Jordie was adopted, that didn't change any part of his mind about James and his family. He frowned deeply as James said that he loved him, that he was welcome here with no strings. Leo couldn't hold the man's gaze. He couldn't remember the last time someone had ever said they loved him, besides from James, Jordie and this whole place. Leo was sure that this man probably thought his home life was like Jordie or Sapphire's at the orphanage, but he had a family and a home, no matter how unlike here it was.

”My grandfather is a good man, sir, he's just busy and eccentric. He teaches me to be a strong and capable wizard, to respect my elders and be respectful of tradition, and to be self-sufficient,” Leo replied with a low tone. ”I can build a tent in under five minutes, and cook food over a camp fire…. He let me learn that, sir.” Leonardo was leaving out that he'd been taught it because his grandfather had decided Leo needed to learn about the great outdoors and made him camp in the garden for weeks. ”He taught me to fix my clothes rather than get new ones when they tear… And he lets me sit in the room for his yuletide celebrations even though kids aren't allowed,” he knew others got presents and ate well with family, but his grandfather was traditional. ”I love my family and they…they love me. I do not need another home, sir,” Leo had faltered over his words as he claimed his family loved him.

James listened carefully to Leo. "Hush," He soothed gently. "I'm sure you love them. I'm not saying this to make you stay, to make you replace your home or leave them." His voice was gentle, kind. He was tempted to reach out and brush Leo's hair from his eyes, but Leo was different than James' brood. "Forgive me if I've pushed too much, or come on too strong, Leo." James smiled warmly. "I just want to be sure that you know everything. You are safe here, and welcome. You seem to have a very... quid pro quo take on life. You don't need to earn anything here. You have a place with us," James promised.

Leonardo went quiet and still as James told him to hush. He nodded lightly along with what the man was saying. He wasn't sure why this man was saying this, why he was being so nice. He had found him coming on strong but also just because it was so alien to him. The hufflepuff just nodded. "Okay," he replied simply. he wasn't sure what he could do with himself if he didn't have homework, and didn't have chores. He'd always had something to be doing at home, school was where he could relax, or whatever relaxing at school meant. "Thank you sir," he nodded simply, thinking that this was the right thing to say to perhaps end this conversation. He'd probably ask Jordie if he could do anything, or show him how to work the television thingy.

James smiled softly, sensing that he wasn't going to be making much more progress with Leo that day. He reached out, ruffling the boys hair before standing. "Alright, alright. Off with you then. Just... relax, and get some rest, yeah?" James moved back into the kitchen, starting to clean up. "I'm here if you need anything, kid," He called after Leo, just to make sure the boy knew he had James support.

Leonardo stiffened as James ruffled his hair. Neither Leo's father, nor his grandfather had ever ruffled his hair. he sat stock still for a moment before tucking into the food he'd been given, he'd wait there until Jordie was up before doing anything else. He didn't want to be rude or anything and it wasn't like Leo wasn't very good at just sitting around waiting.

James saw Leo still waiting. He smiled softly, waiting until he'd finished cleaning. "Leo, would you like to watch tv with me in the living room?" He inquired, drying his hands on a kitchen towel. "We can get you wrapped up and laying down, resting, and we can find something to put on." He offered, walking back over. "Jordie will probably be a bit. If you don't mind keeping an old man company, that is." He smiled, teasing himself just a bit.

Leonardo would've sat contently on his own waiting for Jordie before going to watch anything. He didn't know how to work the thing, probably, and he didn't need James to go out of his way for him. Leonardo glanced up at him and then glanced back down at his now finished food. ”Okay,” he replied. ”As long as it's no bother,” he told him, since he didn't know how much bother it would be to do and Leonardo was not someone who easily made himself at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back