Being Around You Is a Blessing

Joel Gilligan

OOC First Name
Steven
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Sturdy Hawthorn Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Joel smiled whilst walking to the Hogwarts gardens. He'd sent Layla a note to meet him there at their usual spot. The seventh year had been so occupied with his NEWTs that he barely had any time to be around Layla and talk and have fun with her. So, eager to spend time with the girl, Joel fastened his pace, hoping that maybe she'd already be there. Joel sat down on the bench when he arrived and noticed that she wasn't here yet. He hoping that Layla wouldn't mind meeting up with him an hour before the curfew, as it was the only free time he allowed himself to have this year. While he waited for the Hufflepuff to arrive too, the boy watched the sunset in peace - not thinking about the NEWT exams for the first time in days.

Layla arrived in the garden, looking around for Joel. He had asked her to meet him, and she enjoyed spending whatever free time she had with him. She spotted him with his back to her. The Hufflepuff girl smiled as she snuck up behind him quietly. She placed her hands over his eyes. "Guess who?" she said as she leaned down beside him. She laughed as she gave him a kiss on the cheek and joined him on the beach.

Joel smiled as he watched the sunset. It was just so peaceful that he wished it would stay like this forever. If only Layla would be next to him to see it as well, then everything would be perfect. He straightened up when a girl with an all-too-familiar voice covered his eyes a little later, which filled his heart with joy. Joel smiled when she joined him and kissed her back on the cheek. ''Sorry for not seeing much of each other lately.'' he told Layla, and started playing with her fingers.

"Oh, that's alright." Layla answered as she looked down at their entwined fingers. She had missed spending time with Joel. Her feelings for him had only grown stronger as time had passed since the Valentine's Day dance. Layla smiled at Joel. "I do miss you though." She told him, feeling that it was probably mutual. He certainly seemed to enjoy their time together. She looked out at the sunset. It really was beautiful out on the grounds in the evening.

Joel smiled when she told him that she missed him, and turned his head away from Layla to hide the fact that he was blushing. ''I miss you, too.'' the Gryffindor said when he could feel the reddish colour on his cheeks disappearing again. The feelings he had for this girl had multiplied ever since their kiss at the end of the Valentine's Dance. Joel put his arm around the Hufflepuf girl when she was looking at the ever so beautiful sunset and moved a little closer to her. Man, did he enjoy moments like this with her.

Layla smiled without looking at Joel as she felt his arm wrap around her and his body pressing against her side. She laid her head on his shoulder. She was content to sit in the comfortable silence between them. "How are your classes going, Joel?" she asked, knowing it was his final year at Hogwarts, and one of the most difficult years. Layla was nervous about graduation herself, not having a clue as to what she wanted to do with the rest of her life. She wondered if Joel felt as uncertain as she did. The Hufflepuff doubted it. Joel always seemed so sure of himself.

Joel shrugged when Layla asked him about classes. He wasn't sure how they were going since the only thing on his mind had been the girl sitting next to him for most of the time, but he managed to pay just enough attention to write down a bunch of the important stuff. ''It could be worse,'' the Gryffindor told her truthfully. ''I think I'm doing OK, I mean, as long as I've got my notes I'll be alright.'' Joel added, because he didn't want Layla to worry about his classes and NEWTs much. ''How are yours going?'' he then asked, turning his head to look at the Hufflepuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back