Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
undefined
Wand
Bloodwood 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
It was the middle of summer and Selene was happy. she had made it through her first semester she had enjoyed it. and while the prospect of not being with her twin had been scary at first it was something that she had grown accustomed to even if she wished she could hang out with Heli more. tonight was the yule ball. which meant it was almost new years eve, which was her birthday and she would be turning twelve.
tonight however was her last night at the castle before the break. She got dressed in a black dress and made her way down to the great hall.
As she entered her jaw dropped. she hadn't thought she would walk into a room and find it as spectacular as the first time she had entered the great hall. but she had been wrong. the decorations for this feast blew her away. She paused in the door before the push of other people trying to get in ended up moving her into the hall. she just stood between the tables for a minute taking the scene in and admiring all the decorations, smart suits and beautiful dresses. people at Hogwarts really did know how to party.
[[there are no decent pictures of her current PB in a dress. so I am borrowing pictures of her future pb]]

Mordred was a bit nervous because he had arrived before Aonghas did. The two were supposed to attend the Yule Ball together because Mordred did not want to be by himself. It was a fear of his for some reason that he did not really understand. He wore his simple school uniform even though he had a suit, but he did not want to wear it. He walked over to the tables and he saw a girl. He stepped over closer to her, deciding to introduce himself. "Hi. I'm Mordred. Are you a first year?" he asked.

Selene looked as a boy approached her. he was dressed in a school uniform so it was easy to see that he was in slytherin house which meant that they had had astronomy together but she certainly hadn't spoken to him before. however, he walked over and introduced himself. Mordred. what a name. she had read enough Arthurian legend to know where the name come from. "Mordred, like the son of king Arthur and morgause" she said, it was made a little extra odd because her middle name was morgause. it had come from her great-grandmother who had died shortly before she and her sister had been born. "Nice to meet you Mordred, i am Selene, Selene Le Fey, and yes I am a first year." she said smiling. her last name was also from Arthurian legend, one of the other main antagonists in most versions of the story. "how amazing does the hall look? she asked. still in awe of all the decorations that had been assembled.

Mordred of course knew about King Arthur and his many enemies. His mother had made sure to let him know that he was associated with her great grief and obsession with death. "Yeah. It's a weird name. My mom is pretty weird too." he said and rubbed the back of his neck out of his own nervousness. The girl introduced herself as Selene Le Fey and she smiled and nodded as he offered his hand out for her to shake. But, she had quickly changed the subject to the decorations of the hall. He looked around slowly and simply shrugged. He was used to galas and parties, so he was not very impressed. He did come from a rich family. "Have you never been to a party like this before?" he asked.

Aonghas hadn’t made too much of an effort for this yuleball, he hadn’t thought that it was the right occasion for him to do so, he was younger and he didn’t need wear as much that was fancy. He walked into the great hall and noted that most people were dressed exceedingly formally, he spotted his brother in amongst the crowd and with a girl with a very stunning dress, was she why his brother had suddenly turned against them? He couldn’t know but the hufflepuff didn’t like it at all. He didn’t like her if it was her, but Aonghas hadn’t figured out what had happened, though he could figure now that it didn’t matter what he did, there was little changing of the mind. The hufflepuff wondered around the great hall, looking between the different people and faces, looking for anyone that he might know. He eventually spotted two in one, Mordred and Selene, both of whom he knew vaguely. He walked over to them and smiled, ”Hey,” he greeted, ”Ah like the great hall, it’s nice, he had caught the tail end of the conversation that they had been having, ”Ma family usually have a party fae new years kinda like this,” he looked between them, ”What aboot yous?”

Selene shrugged when the boy said that his mum was weird. "a lot of people in my family have names from myth" she said. not sure why she said it, she was named after a moon goddess her twin a sun god. both of them and her mum had middle names from Arthurian myth. and before that members had first names from myth. ther was grandma morgan, aunt Gwenavire, great grandma morgause, some distant aunt Nimue, who as per her namesake drowned, there were an Elaine and others.
the boys lack of surprise at the Christmas decorations was surprising to selene, how was something this spectacular not even a little bit fascinating. she wasn't sure how to answer his question. what did he mean by a party like this? "I have never been to a ball before she said. her violet and grey eyes looking back at the boy. she was saved from any further awkward conversation by another boys arrival. surprisingly backing her up and saying the hall looked nice. surprisingly because the last time that they had met they had not seen eye to eye on the virtues of the north tower."hello, It is Angus right?" she said trying to remember the name. "we also have a party on new years eve, but nothing like this" she said. their new years eve party was a birthday party, usually aunty Eden came to visit, then new years day was another birthday and aunt Lilith came to visit. usually, there would be a birthday cake with the candles blown out at midnight. this was an unusual tradition until you realised that it made it both her and Helianas birthday as even though they were twins they were born on different days, in different years even. as the thought about it she realised how soon it would be until her twelfth birthday. "What do you do for new year" she asked Mordred more than angus as he had explained that she family had a large party.

Mordred kept fiddling with his hands, as he waited on the person he knew to come, which was soon. He was a bit surprised when Selene said that she had never been to a ball before. "I will let you know when my family has a party next!" he told her happily, his nervousness starting to fade away. He looked at his Hufflepuff friend and smiled. "How are you, Aonghas?" he asked brightly. Mordred and Aonghas were similar as people, so he was happy that he was finally here. He wanted to ask what had taken him so long, but Selene asked what he did for New Year's. The past one his family had not done much, but he remembered the ones that his family through when he was younger. He remembered all the lights and the warmth. However, it was all irrelevant now that he knew what he was. It used to be so simple when he was younger. "I think my family isn't going to do anything for this New Year's. It will just be me and my sisters." he said quietly.

Aonghas nodded at the girl Selene, they hadn't seen eye to eye, but he liked the girl regardless, and he certainly like Mordred, so to him it was a happy bargin to see them both at this event. "Aye," the boy added just to be sure that she knew it. "Nae bad mate, ye?" he returned Mordred's question. His family had a lot of very fancy and formal celebrations, ones that he wouldn't take part in if he was stuck at Hogwarts all of the time, but Aonghas' time at Hogwarts was far less about protection and just what he wanted so he knew he had far more flexibility. Aonghas looked at Mordred as the boy said what they would be doing and just shook his head, "Mate, that isnae acceptable, ah'll have ma family invite yers," the boy told him, like there wasn't much room for a question or counter. Aonghas knew that Mordred's family didn't have the blood status, but they had status and they would be a good connection for his. Aonghas would also enjoy having a friend of his at the event, might make it a little more bearable. "Ye wouldnae ken that this wis the great hall, they've done quite the job, ah wonder how many elves it took,"

Selene looked at Mordred when he said he would let her know when his family is having a party next. she wasn't sure what. she had only just met the boy and the thought of people around a group of strangers was not one that sat comfortably with her. that was more something heli would enjoy. helli with her sunny friendly personality was the person everyone loved straight away. she usually faded in the background. another example of how heli was the sun and she was the moon. "Thank you" she said as response trying to channel her inner heli and make the thanks sound genuine. she listened as the boys discussed their new years and aonghas invited Mordred to his families new years party. the casualness of how they both invited each other reminded her of her aunt Eden. she didn't have much to add. she was not going to invite either of them to her new year's party. that was a family party. "that sounds more like our family, me heli, my mum, grandma morgan, and one of my aunts." she said wondering if the boys would l=notice the complete lack of male in her family. she would even feel awkward inviting Sophie along. as the conversation turned back to the decorations she nodded. "quite a few, or perhaps the professors did it as the house elves were probably busy preparing the feast." she said looking at the food table the look at the food there made her suddenly hungry and she remembered that she hadn't eaten since this morning. "I might go and get some food. do you want anything?" she said. she hoped that they didn't or if they did they would come and get their own. she didn't want to be carrying three meals with her as she would drop one.

Yeong Bada always preferred her Korean traditions including her traditional Korean dress. But her older brother had told her it was best to try new traditions and outfits, so with help from her mother she had packed a light blue dress knowing the Yule Ball was at the end of the semester. It was something that had been sitting her her wardrobe all semester long and now that she was wearing it, it just felt wrong. She glanced around the hall and spotted a few students she recognized from her year, they shared classes but she hadn't really spoken to any of them before. The girl, she thought she was smart, odd but smart. She wondered if they might be able to be friends if she herself went and talked with her. She had the name of the moon which Bada thought was beautiful. Getting closer she realized she did know one of them, Aonghas, her Hufflepuff friend. Though she wasn't certain friend was the best word, more like her Hufflepuff miscommunication. She hardly ever understood a word he was saying, his accent so thick and her ability to understand English fully was so low. Nevertheless she decided it was time to make friends. "Hello," she said walking up to the group, interrupting a conversation about house elves it seemed. She bowed slightly to each person and greeted each with their own hello. "Aeng-ha-ya," she said as she greeted Aonghas. Still unsure of his name but she hoped adding the Korean friend address to his name would make up for it. She had told them when they first met to do the same for her name, meaning they were friends. "When can I join?" She asked the group, meaning could she join but did not realize her mistake right away. The overall loudness of the ball was making it harder for her to translate in her head, though usually now she would have known better.

Mordred simply smiled at Selene. He thought his invitation was nice, though he was not sure when his family would be having a party next. He knew it would not be at their home in New Zealand though. Mordred simply nodded at Aonghas's question. He was doing much better now that someone he knew was with him. Normally, Mordred was not so nervous without people he knew around him, but a part of him was worried about seeing Kaye. She made Modred's nervous go everywhere because she was just so...weird to him. However, she was his sibling, so of course he loved her. "I'm not sure your family would like me there, Aonghas." he told the boy. It was kind of known in the community about how he was born out of an affair. However, Camilia treated if well, and she stood up to anyone who had anything to say about him even being brought into the world. "I'm okay, Selene." she told her before another girl came up to the group. She seemed to know Aonghas, so Mordred looked at him in hopes he would introduce them to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back