Been Gone Too Long

Markus Schwarz

OOC First Name
Camilla!
Leaning back in his armchair by the fire, Mark smiled gently in to his beer. His love, his Larissa - it had been a long while since he had last seen her. Circumstances beyond his control, really. Silly little Muggle girl, wearing a cape and mask...she'd seen too much and known too much. He'd had no choice but to kill her, and to hide his tracks and himself, at least until the family's search died down.

Luckily, they hadn't really seemed to care, so it was over quickly.

Still, it had been best to keep a low profile. Thankfully, he was able to come back out of hiding now. And about time. He was desperate to see Larissa again. He'd practically been lost without her.

Besides, now she was eighteen. Mark chuckled as he swilled the rest of his beer. His little Larissa was a full grown woman now. The most beautiful woman he'd ever seen.

He would have been agitated, but instead he was quite calm. Closing his eyes, Mark relaxed as he waited for Larissa to show up at the house.

((Sorry it's not very good, I haven't written in a while...))

There was not much time before she would have to return to Durmstrang for her final year of school, but Larissa didn't mind. Yes, it would be her most tiring year, yet, having been made Head Girl, but she was going get through it, knowing that she would finally be seeing Mark again. Her Mark. The man who had, quite literally, killed for her. Her heart was given a new lease of life, and anything that had happened in the time between Mark's absence and now, was at the back of Larissa's mind.

She arrived at the house, silent, wondering if this was all going to be in her imagination, if she was just hopeful that the one person she cared about the most in the world, would be there. She did not bother with the front door, simply apparating through it- the perk of being an adult witch. And then she was in the house, heading towards the room in which she could see light, could hear the crackling of the fire. She held her breath as she entered the room, bracing herself for the worst.

But he was there.

Sat in his armchair before the fire, awaiting her arrival. She felt her heart skip a beat. This was what she had dreamt of for so long. "Mark?" She hadn't said that name in so long. Her voice was a little weak as she spoke, wracked with anticipation of an emotion she was not yet sure if she was ready to feel; relief.

((It's Mark- there's no chance of it not being being good.))

As soon as he heard the familiar cracking sound of apparition, Mark immediately looked around. While he was 95% sure it was Larissa, one could never be too careful, especially in Mark's profession. The Schwarz Manor wasn't exactly that secret, either. At least he wasn't a known Death Eater - there was no way he could work in the Ministry of Magic if it was a well known fact after all.

Luckily, there was no need to worry - he was right, it was Larissa. Relaxing a little, Mark stood up, giving a soft chuckle at the uncertainty in her voice. "Larissa," Mark muttered, as he stepped towards the vision of beauty that had entered his house. His Larissa. His love. He absolutely adored the girl, and he had no intention of going so long without seeing her again.

Striding towards her, he gathered her in his arms and kissed her hair, then her mouth. "Meine Frauleine...meine Liebe..." he whispered, enjoying the feeling of having this wonderful woman with him once more. "I am sorry, it has been too long." Giving a slight cough, he stepped back, a little embarassed. "You make me forget myself. How are you? Can I get you a drink? Would you like to sit down?"

Poor Mark, he tried so hard to be composed, but he found it incredibly hard around Larissa.

Larissa didn't want the kiss to end, even if there would be many more. Her heart was racing in her chest, making her believe that not a second had passed since they had last been this close. His whispered words reminded Larissa that she wasn't a child, anymore, that she was now a fully grown woman. A wide smile formed on Larissa's face. He was already trying to play the host of the two-person party. "You're more of a gentleman than I remembered." Even her bright blue eyes were smiling as they hadn't in so long.

She looked him over, as though checking he was still the same man. It was obvious that he was. She raised an eyebrow before looking back to his face. "I take it you're pleased to see me, then." She didn't wish for Mark to start waiting hand, foot and finger on her. That was not going to allow her more time in his company. Larissa stepped towards him, bridging the gap. She raised a hand to feel the side of his face, to stroke over it and learn what she had missed. Her hand slid down to his neck, and then to his chest. Even this man, so cold towards many, had a heart that beat away within.

"Oh, Mark.." Larissa breathed as relief finally overwhelmed her. He was him. He was her Mark. The most handsome and wonderful man she knew. She loved him. He was the only person she could allow herself to love. Perhaps sitting down was a good idea. She wondered if she would have the means to sit in future, now that she was an adult witch. She moved to the couch, expecting Mark to join her. How good it was to have him back in her life. How much had changed..

Mark felt flustered, and around anyone else, he would have been absolutely appalled to be in such a state in the company of anyone else. However, it was Larissa, and he was rather used to reacting poorly around her. It had gotten to the point where he hadn't much cared anymore. As long as he was with her. He met her bright blue eyes with his dark stormy ones, eyes that normally looked so serious, but gained an almost alien sparkle when he was happy.

Which, nowadays, was only in Larissa's company.

Gott verdamnt, he thought. I am, how you say...whipped. Chuckling at this revelation, he slid his hands down along her back and met her lips again in a passionate kiss, before freeing her so that she may sit down. Pouring some wine for the two of them, he took the glasses to the couch and passed her one. "Meine Frauleine...what have you been up to?" he asked, sliding an arm around her shoulders. A cheesy gesture, maybe, but it worked.

Another kiss. Each one was like the first, so full of energy. Larissa held her glass in a rather elegant manner, sipping lightly from one side. When he asked her that question, she had to force herself not to become rigid. Mistakes had been made. Mistakes she wished she could undo. They were things that would bother her, plague her mind. But Larissa was used to not having a clean conscience.

Casually, she tipped the wine glass, allowing the liquid to trickle down her her throat. She drained it half way, before looking at Mark. Of course this was suspicious, but there were many things she needed to say to him. Many things. "I became a prefect," she paused only momentarily to look Mark dead in the eyes. Larissa had never been great with verbally expressing herself- unless it was to hex or set fire to someone. And Larissa did love fire. It matched her personality so well. She wanted to physically express how she was feeling. She loved Mark and she wanted him to know it. "And now I am Head Girl. Isn't that wonderful?" The manner in which she said this, made it clear that there were other things on her mind, and her eyes fell to her blank forearm.

"Not long until we'll match." She looked back to Mark; any trace of innocence on her face, was now fading in the firelight. What would he think of her? Was it a stupid thing to have done? It was what she had wanted for so long. Her dream. Her Amorentia.

Neither of them were exactly 'good' people, they'd all done a lot of things that perhaps they should regret. Of course, they were both dark minded humans. Mark did not regret joining the Dark Lord. He did not regret meeting Larissa. He did not regret killing - especially when he killed for Larissa. The way he looked at it, you could either be weak minded and regret your 'mistakes', or you could be strong minded and be proud. Mark never had any regrets.

"That is wonderful, meine liebe," he muttered, kissing her once more. Of course, he was more worried about what she said later. She would soon join him as a Death Eater, and he knew that there was no way he could change her mind. Frankly, he loved her fierce independance, her stubbornness...well, he just adored her. "I am proud of you," he said, quietly. "You are sure you want to do this?" There was no point in really asking, he knew as well as she did that there was no real question - she was determined. And if she was determined, he was definately going to support her.

Sliding his hands over her beautiful body, he turned to her, kissing her once more. He really couldn't help himself around her. At least she was an adult now. "But we can worry about anything like that later, ja?"

As soon as she was finished with school, Larissa would be formally joining the Death Eaters. A dream accomplished. She smiled at Mark's question, but did not answer. The fire danced inside her eyes. She knew where this was going, and it was all going her way, the way she had wanted things to be for such a long time. But she needed to ask him one thing. Her hands didn't seem to agree as they roamed his head, neck and shoulders.

It was difficult not to love Mark, not to allow him to whatever he pleased, whenever he pleased- and she had no intention of stopping him. "Just promise me you wont leave again without warning." She hoped she didn't sound desperate. She didn't think herself desperate, in general, but she was desperate for Mark, the only person she trusted with her heart.

Her hands weren't as patient as Larissa hoped, and she found them wandering over Mark's lower stomach. She had trusted him for years, he had even killed for her, and she had had the stupidity to allow a flicker of doubt about his reliability to cross her mind. She closed her eyes for a second or two, allowing this annoyance with herself, to drop, to give her the chance to enjoy the moment. He was there, and she wanted him more than anything else in the world. "Oh, Mark.." She sighed.

"Oh, meine Larissa," he murmured, kissing her neck. "I promise." He simply wouldn't be able to leave her again. It had been too difficult once, there was no way he could ever do that again. It was for safety, of course, but he was going to keep her by his side from now on. He was just as desperate to have her as she seemed to have him.

Pulling her on to his lap, he stroked her sides lovingly. "I want you to stay with me, Larissa," he whispered. "I..." he had no words, as he kissed her passionately. Sure, she would have to go back to school soon enough. But for now, they were together, and Mark was determined to make the most of that moment. "Larissa...meine liebe..."

---

Mark gazed lovingly at Larissa, stroking her beautiful pale locks. "I don't think I could leave you again," he muttered, before giving a slight cough. "Mein Gott, Larissa, you bring out the worst in me."

Larissa was smiling, more to herself than anything else. Her life was finally picking up; she had, pretty much, free run of Durmstrang, her life dream was all set to go as soon as she was finished with school, and then there was the only man she ever needed and wanted. Perhaps the planets had shifted into a specific alignment, or life had just finally decided to give Larissa a break from chaos and disorder. Whatever the case, Larissa was going to make the most of it.

"You're rather soppy when it's just us, aren't you?" Larissa teased, stroking Mark's arm. "And a gentle giant." She raised bother eyebrows and a large 'I thought as much' smile had stretched across her face. She was truly happy. Surely there was nothing that could knock her from the psychological pedestal she was stood upon. Things could only get better.

"You know," Larissa said thoughtfully, "we never made our relationship anything 'official'." She quickly made the point to add "I know that I was too young, before, but now.." Was that what she wanted? Was that her heart's desire? If Larissa wanted something, she would always find a way to get it. She was driven by the fire within her soul.

The brighter the flame burns, the shorter it lives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back