Bed Rest and Visits

Pearl Firn

OOC First Name
Sammy
Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16" Essence of Dragon's Whisker
Pearl sighed as she flipped through a magazine for about the twentieth time. Due to her high blood pressure the doctors had ordered her to bed rest, thankfully she had moved into her own house before hand. Pearl's stomach gave a small grumble and she placed her hand on it, "Okay, Okay, lunch time" she said to her baby. Smirking Pearl grabbed the bell on her bedside table and rang it, "Slave! The babies hungry!" Pearl called out to Ryan. After the stunt he pulled at her parents house the two had agreed that for the rest of Pearl's pregnancy Ryan would be her personal slave. Flopping back in bed Pearl thought about how if it were Remus here instead of Ryan there was no way in hell this would be happening, he would have told her to get her lazy arse out of bed and get it herself. Well he's dead, stop thinking about him, its not helping your blood pressure she told herself.

Ryan could hear Pearl yell from downstairs. "Will there ever be a day when she's pregnant and she can get something herself? Honestly..." He got together a bowl of chicken noddle soup. It was the only thing he couldn't burn because he used to make it himself all the time. Ryan placed the bowl on a tray and began walking upstairs.
"If I get this on our carpet, I am so screwed." he thought. Concentrating very hard, Ryan finally made it to the bedroom.
"Here you are honey. I made soup. Its the only thing I can't burn." Ryan said as he waited for Pearl to get comfortable.

Joan had never been to Pearl's new house yet. She figured that she could pay her a visit, just to see how things were going. Standing at the doorstep, Joan was really contemplating on whether to knock or not. She finally busted the courage to knock.
Bang Bang Bang!
She stood looking around waiting for an answer.

Pearl smiled as Ryan finally walked in with food for her, although she cocked an eye brow as he called her honey, "Honey?" she asked just as she was about to eat some of her soup Pearl looked down to see what kind it was. Frowning Pearl set her spoon down, "I'm sorry Ryan, but I'm a vegetarian" she said giving him a sweet smile. Just then Someone started knocking on the door, "Oh could you be a dear and get that? Oh! and while your at it bring me some pickles?" she asked batting her eyelashes a little. Pearl knew she shouldn't be eating pickles with all there salt, but she figured one or two wouldn't hurt.

"Pearl, you know you can't eat pickles because of your blood pressure. Doctor said not to eat anything heavy with salts and stuff." Ryan said as he lifted up the plate off of Pearl.
"I can get you anything else other than that. I'll go answer the door and I'll be right back." he said with a sweet smile. This was his way of somewhat getting back at her. Ryan took the plate downstairs into the kitchen and place the bowl of soup in the fridge. Another knock was at the door.
"I'm coming!" he yelled. As he ran to the door, he was surprised to see another woman there.

"Oh, hi. You must be Joan. Come on in." he said in a sweet voice.

Pearl pouted as Ryan said she couldn't have any pickles, "But Ryyyyyyaaaaaannn" she whined as he was leaving. Pearl crossed her arms and lied back down in bed, "stupid blood pressure, can't have anything good" she grumbled to her self. Pearl knew she was being a bit childish, but she didn't care. Pearl listened as Ryan opened the door Did I hear Joan? she thought. Pearl hoped so, a visit from her best friend would cheer her up, "Did I hear Joan?" she called out sitting up in bed again.

"Of course you do!" Joan yelled up. She walked up to the bedroom while Ryan was left to himself.
"Hey you over blown balloon what's up?" she asked. IT has been a while since the two had seen each other. More and more Pearl was getting bigger. Sooner or later Pearl would pop out that new baby of hers.

Pearl laughed as Joan walked in the room, "Come over here and see me!" Pearl replied patting her bed. Pearl had missed Joan ever since she left the school and wanted to catch up on everything. "How have you been? Hows the school? Have you heard from Arisa? I haven't been getting any letters from her" Pearl asked not being able to wait for Joan to come sit beside her.

"Well you look big as ever." Joan said as she leaned over to hug her friend. Joan went to sit on the other side of the bed.
"I've been good. I ran into an old friend of mine." she said with a little blush.
"Things have been fine at the school. It has been just a little crazy but I've been dealing well. As for Arisa...I haven't seen her in a while. She must be caught up in her studies."

Pearl frowned when Joan said Arisa's was probably caught up in studies, "Arisa study? Your kidding me right? That girl would never do anything besides the bare minimum for school" Pearl replied. She missed her daughter allot, damn Edward. "So tell me about this old friend?" Pearl asked changing the subject and hiding her frown.

"Well...this old friend of mine was a kid that I used to go to school with. Quite honestly I had the hots for him. We were somewhat close but when we left school we went our separate ways. But just the other day, I ran into him. He's a singer now. He laughed when I told him that I was a nurse. Anyway we started to talk, and he asked me out on a date." Joan was waiting for Pearl to go insane. She could only imagine what could happen next.

Pearl frowned as Joan talked about the guy she met, A singer? Joan can do way better then a nobody singer! Pearl thought. "Thats great, I'm so glad your getting out there again" Pearl said putting on a fake smile, "You have to come here right after the date and tell me all about it! Or maybe the next day" she teased poking Pearl in the side.

"Hey no teasing. And what about you and this Ryan? What's going on here/" Now it was Joan's turn.
"Seems as though he's having a blast with taking care of you and the baby. You going to stay with him? What's the whole story. I simply must know!" she said with a laugh.

Pearl was shocked when Joan asked about Ryan, what the hell made her think that? Well he did kiss me that one time... But then I slapped him she though, "Oh Merlin no! Theres nothing going on between me and Ryan! Were friends, and hes helping me out while I can't do anything for myself, because thats what friends do" she replied. Leaning back on her head board Pearl sighed, her due date was getting closer and closer, and she was getting more and more nervous everyday.

Joan couldn't help but laugh out loud. "Geez no need to get defensive honey. I was only poking at you for fun. I can tell that your worried about the baby and all this other stuff. Look don't worry. Not only do you have Ryan,, you've got me. Just don't go crazy in that delivery room." Joan laughed again.

"Hey do you know any places that are for sale?....I've kinda been looking around for a new place to stay near the school and home at the same time. Plus I need something affordable."

Pearl chose to ignore Joan as she said everything was going to be fine, because Pearl knew that nothing was going to be fine. Her husband wasn't going to be there while she had there son, or for any other part of his life. Tears started to form in Pearl's eyes as she thought about Remus. Sure there relationship had always been a little rocky, but they loved each other. "I-I'm sorry Joan" Pearl said wiping her eyes, she had completely forgotten that Joan was there. "Well the place next door is for sale" she answered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back