OOC First Name
Steph
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
Indiana walked through the school for the first time it felt alone. Her older sister had been going with her different places to show her around where everything was. Being alone was new to her and she was excited to give another go at exploring the place. This time she was sure to stay away from the Dungeons, she wasn't up to getting lost in there once again. Making it to the ground floor with her hands in the pockets of her dress. It was a blue that match her eyes, and was one of the only things that she had ever gotten brand new and not a handmedown from her older sister.

Heading out to the Courtyard she didn't see anyone her own age and decided to just sit on a bench and write in her journal about her day so far. The young girl was always comfortable speaking to other firsts years but she found it harder to actually speak to older students. It was sort of a first year shyness she was sure to get over with in time. Already she had made many friends in her own house, all different from each other. Before school even started she had one friend in Slytherin though when they met they both hoped to be in Gryffindor. Well she hoped she was for obvious reasons of being like her older sister. He was just sort of tagging along with her in wanting to be in the same house as his new friend. Indiana wished he had been in the house with her, she hadn't seen him yet.

Damon Kyle was thoroughly enjoying this school of magic, though he had no idea why they called it such a weird name like Hogwarts. Do hogs even have warts? He didn't know but he was wanting to find out now. He was also wanting to know everything there was about the houses and what were so different about them. He was in Hufflepuff, which he had already seen some colorful people in, and a not so colorful Prefect that freaked him out a bit. It was just not something that he was used to, but he would become used to it in due time. Damon made his way down through the corridors with a piece of candy in his hand. Thankfully the food here was free or else he would have a lot of trouble paying for such things. He was not the richest person, but they could not afford much at all, and it was nothing to be embarrassed about. He just didn't have as much as others did. Already he had made a few friends, but none of them were boys, and that was something else. He was good at attracting girls, but he didn't think anything of it. Damon was only eleven, and he held no interest in girls like that, and it would take a really, really attractive one to get him like that, but that wouldn't happen anytime soon. Damon smoothed down his Hufflepuff uniform because it was the newest clothing he had on really. Everything else he had for a year, and even some of the pants were getting to be a little short.

Upon finding the courtyard, Damon found it to be easily one of his newest favorite of spots to be in. What sort of place was as beautiful as this? He loved it. His brown eyes looked around to see if he could find someone that could entertain him. He loved everything and everyone, and believed that people actually loved him in return. It was a good way to hide things anyway. He was an orphan that was tossed around through foster homes. Sometimes that really bothered a kid. Finally he found another girl that looked like a first year, so he thought that he would go talk to her. She looked like she could use some company anyway. He walked over to the bench and took a seat, not even asking if it was okay or not. He looked over at her and he smiled, "Coolest school ever, isn't it?"​

Indiana looked up at a voice coming from next to her. She was surprised to see a boy sitting there and the young gryffindor was quick to shut her notebook her pen keeping a mark on what page she was on. He had longer hair, longer then anyone she had seen at the school. But it actually made her smile at him before replying. His hair reminded her of the men on the Reservation where she lived. It was common amoung Native American men to grow their hair out long, usually braid it back or even just tie it back. It was something she had grown up with and gotten used to her entire life. But since leaving the reservation she hadn't seen any guy with the same long hair and the reminder was nice. His still didn't have the same lenght or style but it seemed to fit her hair. "I like your hair," was her reply before she could even stop herself from saying it.

Mentally hitting herself Indiana shook her head as she put the string bookmark on the page she was in her journal. Her face was bright red as she leaned back on the bench. He wasn't a very bad looking guy and he had a nice smile. But Indiana wasn't into guys like that and even if she was her older sister who was a sixth year would reign in her feelings and keep anything from happening. Plus looking at the boy she knew in her mind he had nothing on the boy she had met at the bookstore before school started. He had been really cute and easy to talk with for the most part. "I mean, yeah it is pretty cool here," Indiana said to the boy feeling like an idiot already. She noticed his Hufflepuff robes and wondered why he was wearing them outside of class. Her sister had told her that most of the students preferred to only wear the black robes while in classes. But it was at least easy to tell what house he was in. "I'm Indiana Night, first year Gryffindor," she said introducing herself to the boy.

Damon made sure to keep his mind on his features, because he needed to make friends, and what better way to make friends? He always had a smile on his face anyway, and there was nothing wrong with that, was there? He doubted it though. He wondered what she was doing, because she was writing in a notebook before he came along and interrupted her because he wanted to. However the moment that she said that she liked his hair, it made him blush. He never received a compliment like that before, well, maybe he has but he couldn't remember. At least she was smiling at him, that was something. He laughed before he looked down at his hands for a moment, and smoothed his hair a little bit, making sure that it was not messed up that much. Half the time, it was. "Um, thanks! I hate short hair. I love my long hair, especially when it is all nice and stuff. When I bother to style it that is." He never styled his hair that much, but he took a mental note to keep it up. He wanted to keep people liking his hair. He thought that it felt nice. He liked to be complimented. It felt really, really nice. He did not even know how it was affecting this girl anyway. He wanted to explore the school some more, but right now the courtyard was really nice, and sitting here with a girl made it okay. Not that he was developing a crush because he did not like girls like that yet.

"I have never been to such a place. I was raised like, what would you call those people? Muggles? I never knew I was a wizard until I got the letter. Everything is amazing! There are pictures that even talk!" Damon thought that it would be wise to just be quiet at this point. He didn't know what to say really. He was just so happy, amazed, just everything was nice. The castle was large, there were lots of rooms to go exploring in, and then there was the added thought of learning magic! Damon had a home, perhaps for the first time in many years, for a long period of time. And then she introduced herself as Indiana Night. He knew that Indiana was a state but she might not be where he was from. So he chose to not speak of that. "Damon Kyle, also a first year!" He thought twice before holding his hand out for a shake. Some people didn't like that so he opted out of it.​

Indiana fumbled with the journal in her hands unsure what to do with the thing. Plus whenever she got nervous about things she had a tendancy to play with whatever was near her hands. If the journal hadn't been there then her fingers would be playing the end of her skirt. It was a bad habit of hers the hopefully one day she would grow out of. Of course the young girl did not even realize that she had the habit and wouldn't until someone told her or she became more consicous about her habits. "I love having long hair too!" She replied glad that he hadn't said that she was weird and walked away. Most people would, though it was true that girls were the more likely ones to actually get up and leave her there. Indiana always got along with guys better, and she figured it was because she was always more of a tomboy. If she had to choose between handmedowns from her brother or sister she'd actually be more likely to go for Kayden's. Just because she felt like she could do so much more in them. Her sister had always been a girly girl growing up and so Indiana had a lot of skirts and dresses from her older sister.

The young Gryffindor was actually surprised that the boy hadn't even known he was a wizard till just this past summer. She knew basically her entire life. Of course her Grandmother talked about magic non-stop but most just called her crazy. But then Georgiana and Kayden her older siblings got invites to the school here. Now that they have been through most of their school years the two older Night children believed that their Nana had been cursed with spells that are forbidden and that was why she wasn't with it completely. "I've never been to place this big. My older siblings came before, they are in their 6th year now," she told him. Indiana wondered what kind of person he actuallly was. She seemed to never make the right assumptions of people. Preston seemed nice but during their second meeting he seemed a bit more full of himself which really fit him being a Slytherin and all. But he was still a nice guy and she wanted to continue being his friend. Tybalt had seemed like a nice guy and caring about others and not himself. Yet he would cry alone in a dark room. Indiana was already wondering what the second meeting between her and this boy would be like. She was sure they had a few classes together and they would the rest of their years at school.

Damon thought that he was doing well with what he was doing right now with talking to this girl. She seemed like she could be a lot of fun to be around! Though he thought that about everyone and anyone! His brown eyes looked down to see that she was fumbling around with her journal, and he didn't know what to do so he just pretended that he didn't see what she was doing. Was she nervous talking to him? Because she shouldn't be. Damon was rather nice to be around, and he knew it too. Damon looked at her hair and then he looked at his, before he shrugged, "Girls look better with long hair. I can't tell girls with short hair apart from the boys! So never cut your hair off, it is too pretty!" He was not even flirting, he was just giving his opinion. Besides he mostly thought that girls weren't really that appealing anyway. Not that boys were, it was just that Damon was simply young. He was youthful, and always willing to learn something new. Which was one of the reasons why he loved magic so much. It was just that. New. Everything here yearned to be explored, and Damon was getting antsy just sitting here too.

When Indiana told him that his older siblings were here and they were in their sixth year, he looked at her and he said, "Wow... That is pretty awesome! You have someone to guide you!" And then it kind of hit him. He didn't have anyone as far as he was aware. Though sixth year, that has to be pretty up there. How many years was he going to be in this school? Seven? That was a magical number too, from what he read about! Oh this school was simply amazing, with it being magical and whatnot. He could never be more pleased. Damon wanted to know what having a sibling was like. Since he was fostered and whatnot, he never really had parents or someone to hug or be affectionate with. Perhaps he would when he got older. "What is it like? Having siblings?" Damon was an orphan, sadly enough. His parents died years ago, and he didn't even know what they looked like or where they come from. It was all a cloud of mystery. Much like the school is. He looked at some of the students, and he added in, "Is it just me, or do some of the students look not so nice? You might know more than I do, can you tell me what to avoid?" He was thinking of dungeons and stuff, and not just people. Damon was just a curious little fellow, that was all.​

Indiana smiled when the boy told her not to cut her hair. She was sure she never would. The girl remembered the year when her older sister had chopped off her hair to her shoulders. Sure she looked nice but Indiana was glad her sister had let her hair grow out again, it did look a lot better. "Back in past everyone used to have long hair no one cut it short," she replied back to the boy. She wasn't sure why that tibit was the one that came out of her mouth. The young girl knew a lot of strange facts from her older brother who used to tell them to her all the time. She always wondered where he got them all, everyday there'd be atleast two or three new facts. She figured he was preparing them both for a game show of sorts.

Looking over at the boy she shrug her shoulders. Indiana wasn't sure if it really was that great having an older sister here at the castle. She was constantly checking up on her, the young girl almost wished she could have been in a different house. But she wanted to be a Gryffindor since the day Georgiana wrote her and their father that she had been put in the house and Kayden into Hufflepuff. "Siblings? Well I don't know. Georgie has always been more like a mother I suppose and Kayden, well I suppose we always play Quidditch together," she told the Hufflepuff boy. The young girl had always known that she didn't have the normal relationship with her siblings. They never fought and beat each other up, the three were more like a small family instead of siblings. The girl glanced around at his question wondering if he meant someone in the Courtyard. "I guess. Most of the older students look to rude to talk too," she said revealing her own hesitations to chat with older students. She did have plenty of friends in her own year however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back