Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 13" Unyielding Ebony Wand with Basilisk Skin Core
Terror Zhefarovich signed up for his electives earlier, and only had one elective since he did not care much about the others. He knew that Cassius would take them all except Muggle Studies, but Terror would be taking Care of Magical Creatures. That was why he was found on the lawn, with the monster book there with him. He sat down with it and worked on trying to open it, but it kept trying to bite him. He knew he should have kept the directions for that thing. He had his legs crossed as he stared at the book. He could always set it on fire. Would the book scream if he did? Was it living or just charmed? Terror was only taking the class because he wanted to know a little more about Anais, but did not think of the repercussions for taking this course - and that was actually dealing with magical creatures. He did not think this through. But then again, when did he ever think things over repeatedly?

Anais was having a wonderful day. Breakfast was good and the weather was nice. She walked out onto the lawn just to get some fresh air when she noticed Terror, the boy she had met last year, sitting on the ground with his care of magical creatures book. She approached, excited to talk magical creatures with him. "How's it going?" She asked, seeing his book, whom looked a little upset. "Have you been doing some early studying? I'm already half way through the third chapter." She said, sitting down across from him as she spoke - not shy to converse when it came to her passions.

Terror heard footsteps, but he did not think that they would be approaching him. That is, until he saw a shadow and glanced up at the owner, ready to hex them into next week when he saw it was Anais, as she asked how it was going. She seemed comfortable enough to just sit across from him. "Not well. Every time I try to open it, it wants to bite me. I might like gore and such, but I think I need my hands." Terror gestured toward the monster book of monsters. She must know the method on how to open it since she mentioned being on the third chapter. So, him taking the course was the right idea. "Otherwise, I might have been on the second chapter at least."

Anais gave a softened look to Terror when he commented about his book. She couldn't help the little laugh that she gave as he said he needed his hands. She easily grabbed the book for him and stroked the spine gently, allowing the book to relax. She then handed it back to him. "Think of it like a sort of spell. You have to pet it occasionally to disarm the charm. Or maybe it's a magical creature and not charmed and just likes to be pet." She said with a shrug. "I didn't take you as the kind of person to be interested in animals, what made you want to take this class?" She asked curiously.

Terror let Anais take his book and show him how to actually open it. He raised his eyebrow as she actually pet it like a creature. But she managed to actually get it to relax, so he opened it, albeit hesitantly and it worked. Terror shifted his attention back to her. "They really go all out for this, don't they?" Terror wondered if his cousin Cassius figured it out or not. He would laugh if his book bit him. "It is because of you - ahem, unicorns. Their blood can bring people back from a brink of death, but live a cursed life. I wonder what other magical properties they have." Yeah, nice catch there since he had no interest in unicorns. He just wanted to see if Anais had weaknesses that he might be able to exploit for his own enjoyment.

Anais laughed at his comment of them going all out. "I suppose, makes the class more interactive if you have to respect the book like other creatures." She said honestly. When he started to explain his reasoning for taking the class she raised a blonde brow, then relaxed it as he seemed to clear his throat and continue. She laughed wryly. "For a second I thought you were going to say I influenced you. Though with my charm I might have been able to." She said with a glint of mischievousness in her eyes. "Did you know Unicorns prefer women? If one lets you near it you should be so proud." She said sharing a fact as she settled to sit a bit more comfortably. "So it's just unicorns that interest you? Not any of the more gruff creatures like dragons?" It was unique she thought.

Last edited:
Figures that she would come up with a logical reasoning over the book. Terror did manage to keep a straight face when she caught on to his slip, but did seem to notice how she seemed to relax when he mentioned unicorns versus her influencing him. "Let's not test that. Last thing I ever want to experience is the lack of control I would have over what I would do." Terror was unaware of just how much he hated the idea of relinquishing control, but he could understand why. He hated the thought of someone else telling him what to do, and him mindlessly obeying like it was second nature. "I have heard of that, but I doubt one will allow me to be near it without forcing it by tying it down or something. Dragons also interest me because many of their parts can be used for many things, but I doubt we will ever see one while in school." Terror shrugged his shoulders since he was sure the school would not allow them to get that close. "What creatures do you like the most, Anais?"

Anais chuckled as he told her not to test the theory. "Don't worry, I never use my powers for evil." She joked, insinuating that it would be evil to influence someone into liking her. Morally though she knew it was wrong at the very least. It's why she never used her abilities. He talked about what he was interested in and she nodded along, happy he asked her what creatures she liked. "I like Hippogriffs a lot. The idea that a creature has so much sentience that it can tell when someone respects it is so interesting. Plus they respect you back." She said with a smile. "I also love Diricawl's, their history is incredible." She added on. "What do you plan to do with your grades in care of magical creatures, is it just for fun or does it lead to your career?"

Terror wondered if he should be disappointed that she would not use her powers for evil. As long as they were not used against him, he was fine. Though, she might be more diluted. It was hard to see without asking for more specifics. Anais mentioned how she likes hippogriffs, which he knew what they were. They were very proud creatures. "Unless you offend it and then they would attack, but it would be well-deserved. They also have useful feathers that are used in wands as well." Terror was a little surprised when she mentioned a creature that he had never heard of before. He took a mental note to research it. "It is for fun mostly. I plan on becoming a Quidditch player when I am out of here." Terror was certain that if he was a good enough chaser, then he would become a quidditch player. It was an easy ticket to see places without the help of his family. "Are you planning on working as a magizoologist when you leave this school?"

Anais nodded as he spoke about the uses of hippogriff feathers. "I feel like they should only be harvested from a willing creature though. Like mermaid scales." She presented her opinion, clearly all about caring for the animals over anything else. He mentioned quidditch and she smiled. "Must be an active person, I'm much too lazy for that kind of career." She laughed. She wasn't actually lazy, she was just not an athletic person. "I do, yes, as long as I get good enough grades. Or I'd like to work for one of the dragon sanctuaries." She told him. "So since we're friends does that mean I should come watch you play?"

Terror just knew that this girl was definitely one for loving animals, which was fascinating. Some animals might not consent, but hippogriffs might be a different story. "They might be harvested from the creatures when they are dead. Can't say yes or no when you are dead." Terror had a morbid point, but even dead things had their uses. Anyone in the animal kingdom would know that. Scavengers. Humans were like that too. How else did darker shops get human bones? "Both jobs are well respected, so you should do it, if that is what you really want to do." Terror paused to add, "You don't need to come watch me play. Not until I'm really good at it." Terror was not that sort of person that would be boasting about having skills that weren't mastered. He knew he had room for improvement. A lot of room.

He made a fair point about consent, but Anas didn't fully agree with it. "You can still ask by giving respect to what you are harvesting from." She said plainly. He mentioned her job options being respectable and she was glad he thought so. After all, if he thought they were terrible selections they may have had a problem. He then says she doesn't need to watch him until he is really good, but she shook her head. "No I think seeing you when you aren't that good makes it even cooler to see you when you get good." She moved to stand, stretching a bit. "I'll leave you to study with the book though like I'm sure you intended before I inturrupted." She offered.

Terror never thought about asking a dead thing, but she said that they can still ask for it, and give it respect. To each their own. And now she was even saying that she could see him when he wasn't good was better than when he was. Terror could not wrap his head around that logic at all. But, then again, this was a girl that he did not know really well, but wanted to. "Well, then I will look for you when I play." When he did not have the quaffle that is. Then he needed to look ahead. He watched as she stood, and then left him to study. He gave her a wave, and started to look through the book once he pet it. Such a weird girl, and an even weirder book. Why did he sign up for this? He felt like he was punishing himself.

Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back