Xenia Nikolaidou

Beauxbatons Graduate | Athenian Fire

OOC First Name
Camilla
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Xenia felt a bit strange stepping out for tryouts one final time. It was strange in general to think that she was an adult technically (at least in magical terms), because every time she got up in front of people at school she still felt very much like a kid taking some kind of test. Still, after the abysmal performance in her first year as captain, last year had gone much smoother. She hoped that they could keep that momentum this year and she could go out into the real world on a high.

But first, she needed to build a team. Twisting her braid around, Xenia shuffled a bit on the spot as she waited for the returning players and any new players to arrive. It was a warm day early in the semester, and Xenia had a good feeling about it. "Kalimera, salut, hi," she greeted, waving a little awkwardly. Her French had come a long way out of necessity, but it was never going to not be awkwardly accented and stilted and if she could avoid speaking it she would. "Thank you for coming today. Er, if you were on the team last year, you will help the new players try out." She frowned, trying to phrase it better. "Please. It will be good to see that you are ready for this year. If you were an alternate or are trying out, welcome, let me know what you are wanting to play and show me what you can do." She could almost hear Eren laughing at her, but at least he wasn't there to actually do it now. "I will fly around but I will also go to the hoops for chasers." She opened the case to let the snitch and bludgers fly up to the air, and let everyone mount up while she took some names down and made sure everyone knew what they were doing.

POSITIONPLAYER
Seeker@Vincent Poe
Chaser@Asclepius Kuya-Jenkins
Chaseropen
Chaseropen
Beater@Ava Hastings
Beater@Malik St. James
KeeperXenia Nikolaidou
alternatesopen

OOCOut of Character:
Totally posting this now because I got the PM about it and didn't want to forget! I will keep this open until after the semester begins.

Hi everyone, welcome to Beauxbatons tryouts for Y44! If you were on the team last year, you don't need to do a tryout post but I do still need you to post in this thread saying you were here and preferably RP helping out in the air. Alternates and any new players, I will still need a tryout post (with apologies to those of you who have been here for a while now because I do know your characters but them's the rules!)

If you want to have a first year try out for some reason, please wait until the semester itself begins and send me a PM. If you have had your character removed and think they shouldn't have been, let me know. Thanks in advance for participating!

Malik was looking forward to another year od quidditch after taking the plunge and joining in last year. And though he had grown ever taller, now breaking the seven-foot tall mark, and was getting quite big from his broom, he wasn't going to give up. He enjoyed playing and was going to keep doing so even if it meant having to pay for a custom-made large broom to hold him. For now, though, he still had his regular-sized broom, proudly holding onto it as he listened to the Captain. Then he nodded, mounting his broom and taking flight, making sure to keep an eye on the new players while also trying to get in some extra practice whacking bludgers around.

Asclepius couldn't believe it was already his final year at school which meant his last year on the Quidditch team. He made his way down to the pitch where tryouts were being held and fell in with his teammates while he waited for the hopeful trialists to arrive and show them what they had. He was looking forward to the upcoming season and was hopeful it would be a good year.

Ava was a little sad to think this would be her last year playing quidditch on the team, but she was excited nonetheless. She made sure to get to try outs on time and smiled brightly at Xenia before listening to her address them all. When the captain was done speaking Ava hopped onto her broom and shot up into the air. She spend her time in the air getting in some practice and making sure the new players knew what it felt like to have the bludgers flying around.

Alicia had been eager to try out for the Beauxbatons team. Her cousin had once been a professional Quidditch player, though she didn't know her that well. She just knew she now taught flying at Hogwarts in New Zealand, what a downgrade. She waited for her turn, then stepped forward with confidence. "I'm Alicia Richelieu. I'm trying out for beater but I can play chaser too if needed." She said. She flew up into the sky and started flying around, searching for bludgers to hit. She finally managed to locate one, and managed to hit it too. It didn't hit anyone, but it wasn't a bad start. Alicia kept on going, looking around for more bludger. This time she did manage to hit it at someone. In the end, she had managed to hit three more bludgers, though she had missed quite a few too. She hoped she had done well enough, as she flew down and dismounted her broom.

Vincent Poe made his way to the Quidditch pitch, ready to treat this like a practice since he was pleased that he did not need to try out again. He just needed to buff up to withstand the bludger hits! He stood with the team before they were told what to do. He smiled, mounted his broom, and soared into the air to help others if needed, and to catch the snitch a couple of times.

As expected Bellamy's mom had been thrilled to hear he had actually played in a game last year. They had even won. But it had been far too short for him to have anything to do with it. He dealt with her pestering him all summer about trying out for chaser instead but he liked playing keeper. It was the one position that involved the least flying. He arrived at try-outs and was pleased to discover he felt more at ease than he expected. "Bellamy Parish. Keeper." he said simply. "You...probably could have guessed that." he mumbled feeling silly even though it was what he was supposed to do. He took to the air and found his spot in front of his usual hoop. As usual he watched the chasers and managed to block quite a few shots. Next year he'd be the one starting and he was feeling almost, kind of, a little ready for it.

Claire had been an alternate chaser for a couple of years now and she had quite enjoyed it. She hoped that this year she could finally be an actual chaser, but she wasn't going to be bummed out if she wasn't. Claire quickly made her way to the pitch as she listened to the captain, not wanting to miss out on anything. She smiled up at the captain. "I'm Claire Blanchet and I'm trying out for chaser," Claire says with a smile, before lifting off into the sky. Claire managed to score a couple of goals, while also missing a few. She also made sure to pass the quaffle to other chasers to practice her passing skills. It wasn't long before the lesson had come to an end and Claire hoped that she did well.

Nina had thoroughly enjoyed playing Quidditch last year, even though she'd been an alt she'd managed to catch the snitch in an actual game! She knew Vincent was very good and would probably keep his position but she still wanted to play and train and maybe play in games sometimes if needed. Sure, she couldn't really tell her parents about it, as they were very much against it, but Nina didn't care, she had too much fun playing to give up.

"Hello!" she exclaimed, practically bouncing up and down on the spot with her broom. "Niniane Archambeau, trying out for seeker!" She beamed as she got on her broom, shooting up into the air and commencing her search for the snitch. It was hard to find as ever, especially with other seekers to contend with and bludgers to dodge. Admittedly, Nina probably had a bit too much fun with the bludgers, trying to dodge as closely as possible for the rush of adrenaline it gave. It didn't necessarily work when she got hit by some, but that was Quidditch. She did eventually find the snitch, clutching it in her hand and waving it around at the captain before letting it go. She was able to find it once more before the end of the tryout, as she didn't want to stop until they were called to end it. Not so much for wanting to prove herself, but more because she was having way too much fun to stop.

OOCOut of Character:
Will keep tryouts open for a couple more days! Any first years can PM me to try out if they're interested!

Tullia was very honoured to have been allowed the chance to try-out for the beauxbatons team. She had been keen to try her hand at it, and knew that she could manage it. She had enough talent to at least prove that she was worthy of being at least an alternate on the team. She just loved being in the air, and with high aspirations to be an astronaut any time in the air was time she wanted to get. Tullia arrived at the pitch and glanced between te different people. She knew which one was the captain, having spoken to them, but she didn't know anyone else. Eventually she was able to speak. "Hi, Tullia Whitlock, trying out for beater." she said. Tullia grabbed her beater bat and her broom and shot up into the air.

Tullia played well enough she did miss more bludgers than she hit but she was flying with confidence and skill that could be further refined. She had some trouble in her flying with sharp turns, where she wasn't maybe as fast as she could be on them. She hit the bludgers well when she did manage it, but lacked just a little direction with it. All in all though as Tullia stepped back on the ground she was happy with that she'd managed and knew with time, and especially if she got on the team, she would improve.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry it's late! Tryouts are now closed and I will post the team lineup once I get home. Thanks for your patience!

POSITIONPLAYER
Seeker@Vincent Poe
Chaser@Asclepius Kuya-Jenkins
Chaser@Claire Blanchet
Chaser@Alicia Richelieu
Beater@Ava Hastings
Beater@Malik St. James
KeeperXenia Nikolaidou (c)
Alternates@Bellamy Parish (alt keeper), @Tullia Whitlock (alt beater), Niniane Archambeau (alt seeker)

OOCOut of Character:
Thanks everyone for trying out! I will be in touch in the coming weeks to let you know when our first game is and start up a training session in the 2 weeks leading up to it. Look forward to seeing you all there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back