Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Girls
Wand
Curved 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Larch Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Gaby couldn't help the smile on her face as she stood on the pitch, broom in hand. It was hard to believe Édelie had graduated and she would have to continue playing on without her, yet at the same time she couldn't be happier that she had been picked to lead the team. Happy, proud, and perhaps a little bit nervous. She just hoped she could live up to everyone's expectation. Having that kind of faith being put into her had also given her some much needed confidence though, so even if she felt a little bit nervous about it all she decided she was going to try her best not to let that show.

Her first point of action had been to make sure everything they'd need for succesfull tryouts was there, putting all of the equipment that might come in useful to the side once she was confident she hadn't forgotten anything. Gaby let out a small breath as she waited for everyone to arrive. "Hi everyone! Welcome to tryouts." She started off, shooting them all a confident smile. "My name's Gabrielle, or Gaby, and I'm your new captain." She introduced herself, before clapping her hands together. "If you're trying out make sure to tell me your name and what position you're trying out for. Returning players, I trust you know the drill but feel free to fly around and help those trying out where needed." She continued, giving the returning players a little nod. "Alright, on that note: let's get to it and show me your best!" Gaby finished with a smile, motioning for the students trying out to come forward so she could get their names and the position they were trying out for.

PlayersPositions
Hugo de RosierSeeker
Gemma ThorneBeater
Elisé MoreauBeater
Gabrielle PerraultChaser + Captain
Ares Kuya-TineChaser
OPENChaser
Aramis FaroeKeeper
OPENAlternates

OOCOut of Character:
First, returning players are guaranteed their current spot as long as they post attendance before tryouts are over. If you were an alternate on last year's team, you will need to try out again.

Secondly, first years must PM me first if they'd like to try out for the team. This will only be allowed if there are not enough older students to join the team.

With that said, quidditch will require some time commitment so please consider this before trying out. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message. Have fun!

Quidditch was still easily one of Aramis' favourite ways to pass time at school. He didn't take it too seriously, not really having the competitive spirit like some of his friends, but he liked being in the air and enjoyed having a mostly sedentary position on the team. He gave Gaby a quick thumbs up and salute when she addressed the team as their new captain, glad to see her in charge now that Édelie had left. It'd be interesting to see how the new chasers would fair compared to their old captain.

With tryouts starting, Aramis kicked into the air, taking a few leisurely laps to give any aspiring keepers a chance at the hoops before moving in to give the new chasers a little hazing before try-outs ended.

Gemma was pleased when she found out Gabby would be the next captain now that Edelie had graduated. She was excited to get back into practicing after a summer away and was greatly looking forward to getting another chance to try and beat Ilvermorny after their disappointing loss last year. She listened to the new captain address the team before kicking into the air with a playful wink towards her friends. "Look out." she teased. Once In the air she watched for bludgers and did her best to spare the seeker since it was only try-outs after all. She landed a few good hits and welcomed the familiar ache in her arms by the time it was all over.

Hugo had been pretty frustrated by Quidditch, but he knew he wasn't going to leave the team. He arrived at Tryouts to find Gaby as the new captain. He grinned at her, she deserved the spot for sure. Hugo knew Amelie would likely try out, but was relieved to see he still had his spot on the team. He took to the air and went looking for the snitch, determined to get some free practice in.

Another year and another chance of winning against Ilvermorny and Hogwarts. They needed to win the cup and bring it back to France. She needed it, she would love to win. Last year had been horrendous and she didn't want to have another one of those. But today she arrived at the pitch eagerly waiting to see who was going to join the team. She smiled at her team mates and at the new captain. She then mounted her broom and started to go against bludgers.

Amelie had to think twice about trying out this year, but she felt like she had gotten over Gaby's rejection. After the rose colored glasses had been knocked off, she had realized that she and Gaby were alright as friends but they had never made any real connection. And despite Hugo's persistent bad mood that she was doing well in practice, she eventually decided that she wanted to keep playing. She smiled softly at Gaby, one hand in her pocket and another on her broom. "My name is Amelie Derouin, and I'm trying out for seeker again," she spoke easily. She felt completely at ease. She did well, catching the snitch five times throughout the try outs. She had done the same in their last practice. It wasn't her best score, but she still thought it was good.

Ares was looking forward to a new year of quidditch. He knew he wasn't very good at the sport, but he still enjoyed being there nonetheless and was hopeful that this year the Beauxbatons team could win. The fourth year made his way to the quidditch pitch, instantly realising that their previous captain was not there anymore. It made sense as last year she was a seventh year and she had obviously passed her role on. It was sad seeing her go, as she was the one who had thought he was good enough to pick him, but he liked Gabrielle too and he was sure the team would still be fine. Ares listened as Gabrielle addressed them all, doing the usual briefing before then allowing everyone to start. The boy headed straight up into the air, doing some laps of the pitch as he watched the other students try out. He did some practice too, attempting to make some shots as he went around. Eventually they were called back down and Ares thanked Gabrielle before making his way back to the castle.

Florence had always wanted to try out for the quidditch team, however, her parents had been reluctant for her to try out, knowing how dangerous the sport could be. But Flo didn't really care, she enjoyed the sport, playing the sport with her rowdy older brothers back home. Florence smiled as she listened to the team captain. "Hello, my name is Florence Bellerose and I'm trying out for Chaser," Flo says with a small smile, before kicking off with her broom and attempting to take a few shots into the hoops. She thought she did pretty well, as she had only missed a few shots. After a while, tryouts were over and they were called back down. The girl gave a quick thanks and smile to the captain before leaving the pitch.

OOCOut of Character:
Beauxbatons tryouts will close in approximately 24 hours, this is your last chance to try out for the team!

Ava couldn't quite believe her grandmother had actually made her transfer to beauxbatons after her first year, keen to quietly get back at the woman for it. Naturally, that had lead her straight to the quidditch pitch when she had seen the notice of tryouts. Her grandmother hated quidditch after all, always nagging her uncle for playing. "Ava Hastings, trying out for beater." She politely stated her name when it was her turn, before taking her broom and pushing off into the air. Ava flew around for a bit, watching the more experienced beaters do what they were supposed to before chasing after a bludger herself. She swung at it with all her might, a little disappointment when she completely missed it. She was determined to keep going though, almost wondering whether she should just imagine her grandmother's face on one of the bludgers. That would surely help her get out some of the anger she had been bottling up. When another bludger flew her way she swung at it, trying not to smile too wide when she hit it. She continued to fly after the bludgers during the rest of tryouts, touching back down when time was up and thanking the captain before heading off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back