Xenia Nikolaidou

Beauxbatons Graduate | Athenian Fire

OOC First Name
Camilla
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
((because if I didn't post it now I'd put it off forever))

Xenia had been working out over the break. She couldn't practice Quidditch with her family, but she could play plenty of muggle sports, mostly football, with her cousins and neighbours. She'd also been swimming, thanks to her summer job as a lifeguard, so she'd been sure to keep in the best shape possible. Confidence was a different matter, but she just had to try harder to exude as much confidence as she could. She still was terrible at speeches, but she just wasn't going to worry too much about that. What was more important was playing the game well and leading by example. Hopefully she was still in good form on a broom - she'd only barely scraped in some practice on arriving back at school for the new year.

"Kalimera, bonjour, hello," Xenia greeted as the students appeared for try-outs. It was a slightly overcast day, but it wasn't raining and the sun not being as strong would probably help the seekers. She looked at the new faces, some who were alternates last year, some who were new, with a nod. "Tell me your name and what you are trying out for and show me what you can do. Everyone else, now we practice and help out." She stepped back to the box, letting the snitch loose, setting the bludgers free, and throwing the quaffle over to the chasers, letting the returning players take to the air first as she took down the names of everyone trying out. She mostly flew around to keep an eye on things, as well as settling in front of the goal posts for a spell to practice her own keeping and challenge the chasers.

POSITIONPLAYER
KeeperXenia Nikolaidou (c)
Chaser@Asclepius Kuya-Jenkins
Chaser@Eren Beste
Chaser@Ophelia Reilly
Beater@Ava Hastings
BeaterOPEN
SeekerOPEN
AlternatesOPEN

OOCOut of Character:
Hi everyone! Returning team members, please post to retain your spots on the team. Returning alternates/new players, please have your character RP giving their name and position and trying out for the spot. If your character is a first year please PM me first to ask before posting. If you think your character should or shouldn't be on the list please let me know and I'll tidy it up!

Ophelia arrived excitedly at the beauxbatons quidditch pitch. She was very excited for her final year of quidditch and hopefully they would would win. She wanted to have a bit of glory at this school before she had to go be a boring adult. She waved to the captain and then shot up into the air ready to practice.

Malik had put a lot of time into his Quidditch practice during the last year and now he was quite excited to try out for the team. He had grown even more over the holidays, standing closer to seven foot tall than he had before, but he was not deterred. He was confident he could still handle a broom quite fine. He just might not be able to fly the fastest. Though he still couldn't help but slouch just a little to try and seem smaller than he was, not wanting to stand out too much as he waited on the pitch for his turn.

"I am Malik St. James and I would like to try out as a beater, thank you." it seemed like the most reasonable option, though he was sure he could make quite a decent keeper as well thanks to his height. Nodding his head, Malik hopped on his broom and was quick to set off, trying to settle his nerves and get into the swing of things as he looked around for a bludger to try and hit. It didn't take him long to find one, bringing his arm back and swinging his bat forward with as much power as he could possibly muster. The hit was just as powerful as he wanted it to be, though his aim was a little off and the bludger almost ended up crashing right into the stands. "Ah, sorry that was my mistake. It will not happen again." He was quick to apologize before getting back to it to find another bludger to hit.

It took him a couple of attempts before he was finally hitting the mark, smiling slightly as he smacked bludger after bludger across the pitch. It was all quite a good workout and he was a little sweaty once he landed again, but that had felt good. Even if he didn't make the team he was quite satisfied with himself.

Vincent Poe was excited that Quidditch was back underway, and with the seeker graduated, maybe he had a small chance that he would be on the team and play. There was no telling, of course. Vincent grabbed his broom, made sure his hair was okay, and made his way to the pitch. The sun wasn't shining but it was not raining, so this might help him improve his skills just a little more. Vincent strolled onto the pitch and approached the captain once she told them what to do. Since he was an alternate last year, he would have to try out again, which he saw as extra practice. No matter. He walked up to her and smiled, "Vincent Poe, and I am trying out for seeker." Vincent looked around to see that Malik was trying out, and gave him a thumbs up before mounting his broom and soaring into the sky. Maybe the flying lessons helped and all, but did that boy have a growth spurt? Probably. It would be nice if he could grow a few more inches too.

The fourth year flew around the pitch, higher than the other players in search of the snitch. There had to be more than one considering that other seekers might try out. That was his thought as he started to search. Otherwise, he would have had an easier time during practice if there was more than one, but there was not. He sighed as he zoomed around, before finding a glitter of gold. He soared toward it, and after a minute of chasing, his hand circled around the snitch. He let it go, and went back to searching for another one to see if he was right. By the time he landed when practice was done, he managed to catch it a total of twice. He wasn't the best, but there was room for improvement, and improving was what he was going to focus on.

((not me trying out with alts already))

Niniane hadn't told her parents she would be trying out for Quidditch, as proper young ladies didn't play such aggressive sports. Her father had just about had a heart attack when he found out about Quidditch, and her mother had been quick to concede that playing such a thing would be inappropriate. Which only served to make Nina want to play even more. Flying was so much fun already, but flying with a hint of danger about it? That would be even more fun! She had tied her hair in a neat ponytail and quickly grabbed one of the school brooms, bouncing eagerly as the captain spoke. There was another student who was so tall, Nina looked barely taller than a house-elf standing next to him! But she cleared her throat and piped up with her small yet steady voice. "Niniane Archambeau! I will be trying out for Seeker!" Another boy who was a bit older was trying out too, but she hoped she would make a good impression anyway.

She quickly took to the skies, looking out for the speck of gold. She thought she saw it, but the other boy got their first and it quickly flew away after. She'd just have to try harder. She narrowed her eyes as she searched, almost getting knocked over by a bludger. Nina gasped, before bursting out into surprised giggles. This really was fun, she thought, ducking and weaving about and genuinely having the time of her life as she searched. She did get a couple of knocks on her arms, which would hurt a lot later, but the adrenaline kept the pain low. After a while she did finally manage to see the snitch and get to it first. She didn't manage to catch it again after that, as it was near the end of practice, but she'd had a simply wonderful time and hoped that she'd get to do it again.

While the years progressed Ava was still trying to convince her grandmother that quidditch wasn't all bad. Her efforts were hopeless though and it seemed to be straining their relationship more and more. It had made her doubt for a second whether she should just quit. Make sure she wasn't ruining anything that she couldn't fix later. But she loved quidditch. It was whenever she felt most connected to her mom. She wasn't going to give up on that. Arriving at the pitch for try-outs she shot Xenia a bright smile when she addressed them. Now that Élisa had graduated Ava knew she needed to step up as beater. Try harder. She was curious to see who would be trying out to fill up that second spot though, glancing at the students around her before getting up into the air when they were told to do so. Ava spend try-outs flying around, hitting bludgers the best that she could and making sure some of the kids trying out knew they would always have to keep an eye out for bludgers.

Asclepius made his way to the Quidditch pitch for the latest round of tryouts, he hoped they would assemble a good team to take on Ilvermorny in the coming year. He went over to wait with his teammates and watched as the hopefuls got to work, ready to step in and help if he was needed.

Bellamy had somehow managed to survive his first year on the quidditch team and part of him had hoped it was enough to please his mom but when she had asked about try-outs in her most recent letter he knew there was no backing out. But at least he had some idea of how it all worked even though he had spent all of last season on the bench, not that he was complaining. He was glad for the brief introduction and when it was his turn he gave a nod to the captain. "My name is Bellamy. Parish. And I'm trying out for Keeper. Again." he said and resisted the urge to hit himself in the head with his broom. Why was he so awkward? Instead he took to the air and braced for the chasers to come at him. He felt more rusty than a bucket that had been left out in the rain for a decade but slowly it started to come back to him. But not fast enough and he missed the first few goals that were aimed at him. Eventually he managed to block something even if he caught it with more of his chest than his hands. Either way it didn't go through the hoop so it was a win. He kept pace with the rest of the team and even managed to make some good saves before it was all over and he could finally take off all these pads and take a shower.

Claire had enjoyed her time on the quidditch team last year, even though she was on the bench for most of it. She definitely wanted to try out again, even if it was likely that she might be an alternate again. And if she didn't make it on the team this year, that was okay with her. Claire quickly made her way to the pitch with the rest of the people that were trying out. She listened carefully to what the captain had told them. It wasn't long before they were all slowly making their way up into the air.

It wasn't long before Claire could finally step forward. "Hi! I'm Claire Blanchet and I'm trying out for chaser, again!" Claire says with a confident smile, before flying up into the air. She moved around the pitch a little, and managed to get a few goals into the hoops a few times, though there were also times when she missed. She knew she wasn't perfect, but she wanted to at least tryout. She also made sure to pass the ball to the other chasers as well, as she wanted to show that she could also do some teamwork. It wasn't long before the tryouts were over, and Claire thanked the captain before heading into the castle.

Eren had mostly joined the team on a whim (and because of some mild threats from his parents and a few teachers that he needed to find an "outlet" before they found one for him), but overall it hadn't been that bad. At least he got to watch Xenia continue to struggle through an attempt at authority as she addressed the new hopefuls before starting try-outs. After their performance last year, Eren was frankly surprised anyone had shown up at all.

"Last year, don't f*ck it up," he said brightly, clapping Xenia on the shoulder before kicking into the air, intent on giving the new players and returning alternates as much trouble to get to the quaffle as possible.

OOCOut of Character:
I'm slack! Tryouts will close in approximately 24 hours. Last call!

OOCOut of Character:
Tryouts are now closed! Thanks to everyone who posted. Here's the team for Y43 :
POSITIONPlayer
KeeperXenia Nikolaidou (c)
Chaser@Ophelia Reilly
Chaser@Eren Beste
Chaser@Asclepius Kuya-Jenkins
Beater@Ava Hastings
Beater@Malik St. James
Seeker@Vincent Poe
Alternates@Claire Blanchet (alt. chaser), @Bellamy Parish (alt. keeper), @Niniane Archambeau (alt. seeker)

Keep an eye on your PMs in the coming weeks for info on our first training/first game! Control panel is currently down but I will update roles once the site is back at 100% :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back