Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaine Michaels

OOC First Name
Corey
Wand
Blackthorn 14 3/4" Essence of Raven Feather
Hey,

Im not sure if this subject has been discussed before, but i personallt think that Beauxbatons and Durmstrang need a larger forum than just being sub-forums to Europe. There seems to be no selection with the two schools, and a large amount of our members are students at either school. I think they should have their own forum on the main board, with a few subforums of different places around each school or something to give us non-Hogwartians something more to work with that just our imagination, and more forums for us to post in when roleplaying our characters at school... Just a simple suggestion.

Dylan

Hey Dylan,

These sorts of suggestions do come up now and then, and I'm going to give you the same sort of answer I generally give. :)
HNZ is about that. HNZ. Hogwarts in New Zealand. While we have the option for those two other schools, they were originally only created for the TriWizard Tournament. Later, we let them become a regular group and gave them forums and team icons and such. However, that's where we stop.
We can't run three schools on one board. We won't have classes for those schools. I don't allow professors to be registered for those schools. To expand the forums of those schools would encourage for more things to be focused on them. And, generally, characters at those schools are auxiliary ones.
Keeping the forums how they are does not encourage growth in those areas. Which is fine by me, because HNZ should be focused on HNZ. There's plenty to do in one forum, you're not restricted at all. It's just not as expansive because that's not where the priority is.

Yeah i understand that, but i was thinking that like, well even if there are like two or three subforums added to each school where they are, like 'The Courtyard', "The Lake" or "The Quidditch Pitch", giving more room for characters in the other schools to roleplay, not just cluttering it all up in the one forum. I just know that personally, it gets annoying having every single one of the Beauxbatons characters posting threads in the one forum, and not having a small variety to choose from when posting. I didnt mean to expand, i just wanted a little more variety. And i thought that maybe the addition of the Quidditch Pitch to each school would help especially whe Quidditch Season starts, as it will get chaotic posting normal threads AND the games, all at the same time.

We had added a few additional forums to Beauxbaton during the TriWizard tournament when it was held there. General type forums that you're describing as well as task-specific forums. The general forums were hardly used at all. People just kept posting in the main one. So they disappeared with the tournament.
If Quidditch gets off the ground for real, I'll probably end up adding a pitch forum - but I'd rather it be proven that Quidditch will work before I do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back