Beau's birthday

Beau Hurley

Beau rolled out of bed lazily, his eyes slowly flickering open before he realised today was his birthday. He lay in his bed fidegeting before feeling some large gifts at the end of his bed, quickly getting up he took all his presents down to the common room where he opened all of them. A load more clothes from his parents all of some kind of designer, a book called '10 failsafe ways to charm witches', from Jasper and Jimmy. Nothing from Dylan of course, and then the best gift yet. A small note from his parents that read.
To our darling Beau,
Happy birthday! The minor gifts here are of course not enough but we couldn't really send your main presents over to you!
Me and your father wanted to get you some special things so, we got you a new surf board, the one you saw in that shop near us. A snowboard, I know we can't use it as often but still your other is about 1 year old now and this ones much better.
Of course we got you all knew equiptment to go with this! Have a fantastic birthday!
All our love, Mum and dad.

A huge grin spread across his face, "Get in," he said happily, he ran back up stairs his presents bundled in his arms. He quickly got dressed, pulling on a white shirt, a fitted green jumper and skinny black jeans and headed outside.
He inhaled deeply, every day he was beginning to look more like Jimmy he even thought his hair might be turning a bit darker, but that was a minor thought that left his head before it entered. He found himself in the gardens and sat down on a bench, "Happy birthday," he murmed to himself, he thought it was only Toni and Blair who knew it was his birthday, but who knew?

Toni woke up that morning knowing that it was Beau's birthday. She made sure that she would remember but she had not been able to go shopping for the simple reason that her parents had not let her take any more money out of her account. Toni would just have to give Beau an IOU.

Getting out of bed she got dressed, making sure to look her best. Putting on a very nice light blue dress with a black belt around the waist. A pair of black leggings were on under for the simple reason that the dress was way too short for an eleven year old to wearing without something on under. Fixing her hair in the mirror, she tried to think about where Beau would be.

First she looked around the common room, not seeing him, tempted to go up into the dorm but knowing that she may be kicked out by a bunch of boys. Instead Toni brought her search to the great hall and then outside. Making sure to stay clear away from the lake after that mermaid accident, Toni wondered into the garden.

Smiling brightly as she noticed Beau sitting on a bench. Putting behind all her problems for today, Toni ran up to him and gave him a huge hug. "Happy Birthday" She said as she took a seat beside him. "So how does it feel to be a year older?" She asked.

Taylor had woken up early that morning, just thinking it was another day. Finding herself not being able to get back to sleep she decided an early morning walk in the gardens might be a fantastic idea. Getting up she flung on some jeans and a black tanktop. Careful not to wake her dorm mates she stepped into the garden and breathed in the air around her.

All was peaceful until she saw Beau and Toni in the distance. Raising an eyebrow she wondered what was going on, when she gave him a hug, Taylor almost turned to leave until she heard Toni say Happy Birthday. A smile reaching her face, Taylor crept over and gave Beau a hug from behind. "Hope im not interupting anything but Happy Birthday!" She smiled and walked around the front of the bench. "Sorry, i kind of overheard." She gave him a warm smile, she looked over at Toni and kept the smile in place. "Hey Toni." She nodded in her direction.

"Of coarse I remembered. How could I forget your birthday" Toni said smiling brightly. All the stress she had been feeling lately seemed to melt away. Almost as if for this moment it all didn't matter. Yet when Beau said he didn't feel any different, Toni nodded. "I never do either yet I always get asked that question" Toni said thinking that it was only fair that since she was always asked that, she might as well ask Beau as well.

Though before she could say anything else, Toni heard another voice. Turning to see that it was Taylor, smiling slightly. "Hey Taylor" Toni said for once not throwing any comments her way. It seemed a bit different after the talk in the towers but still Toni wasn't sure if she could use the term friend.

"I didn't think you would remember,"Beau said softly. He laughed, "I know, I mean how am I meant to feel any different to yesterday?" he said laughing. He turned suprised as he felt himself being hugged from behind, "Hey you," he said turning and giving her a proper hug, "Cheers," he said happily. "What you doing up this early?" he asked Taylor, his hand brushed past Toni's and he felt goosebumps shoot up his arm, and he had thought he was getting over this.

Wednesday was walking through the garden her mind full of thoughts of Sern, school, her friends, and a few other things when she noticed a small group of only three people. Right away Wednesday knew one of them was Toni. Walking over to the group, Wednesday was able to hear a bit of information. A birthday She thought guessing that it was Beau's for he was the one that seemed to be in the center of things.

"Hey Loves" Wednesday said getting close enough. "If I overheard right it's your birthday" Wednesday said nodding towards Beau. "I would sing you happy birthday but I don't want to ruin your day completely" She said adding a small laugh.

She was a little shocked at Tonis lack of comment, but was pleased nevertheless. Taylor shrugged at Beaus comment. "Just happened to wake up and walk down to the Gardens and then find out its your birthday." She smiled at him. She thought it all a bit strange really and an extreme coincidence, but didnt think much more about it.

She looked over as another girl joined them, one she hadnt met before. She gave the girl a small smile in a form of greeting.

"That was lucky," Beau said, he was unusually cheerful today, he didn't usually do cheerful but right now he felt a happiness that he couldn't control. "Hey Wednesday," Beau said grinning. "You overheard right, "he said happily, "Ah come on, I'd quite enjoy a song," he joked, but his eyes flicked momenterily to Toni as he remembered the time she had sung for him before school had started.

Toni was surprised to see Wednesday there. She actually hadn't run into her since that one night in the kitchens when they ate all the brownies in the cabinet. "Hey Wednesday" Toni said wondering if Beau and Wednesday were friends. Many I am not the only one that has a hufflepuff friend Toni thought as she noticed Beau look at her momenterily when Wednesday mentioned singing. Still to this day Toni hadn't sung for anyone besides Beau. Sam didn't even know if she sang, and he never would now.

"Well I have to say" Toni said her voice growing sad "I didn't get you anything" She continued. "But we will go shopping and I'll let you pick something out" She said happily. "And there is no option to that" She added making herself clear. Toni had to get something for Beau for his birthday. It was a must.

Wednesday looked up at the girl she was yet to meet. "Hey love. The names Wednesday and you are?" Wednesday asked in her normal over excited voice. Smiling at Beau when he said he enjoyed a song. "You may enjoy songs but by people who can sing. I swear I make barking dogs sound beautiful compared to my voice" she said laughing knowing that it wasn't exactly true but still.

As Toni greeted her Wednesday flashed her a wide smile "Long time no see Toni" She said as she looked from Beau to Toni and couldn't help but smile wondering if something was going on between them. Tempted to say that it was quite early to find someone else right after a break up but Wednesday wasn't sure if Beau knew about Sam and Toni. Taking a seat on the ground in front of the bench sitting pretzal style. "You should have let me know it was your birthday. I could of had the house elves make a cake for you" She said.

Taylor took the greeting from Wednesday and returned it introducing herself. "Hey Wednesday, Im Taylor." She said with another smile, this one slightly more confident. She watched all the others chat about singing and took a seat on the ground, one leg stretched out and the other tucked up, her arm resting on the leg that was up.

"You should have let me know it was your birthday too." Taylor piped up. She would have got him something if she had of known.

"Nice to meet you Taylor" Wednesday said wondering if Taylor too was in Slytherin. Then it would be three Slytherins and a hufflepuff in a garden. That was not the normal birthday party, well at least none that Wednesday had ever experienced before. As Taylor spoke up about Beau should have letting them know, Wednesday nodded. "Though if I run really fast I can probably sneak some brownies and such out of the kitchen" Wednesday offered.

"Ah Toni no," Beau complained, "Plus I hate shopping, you know that," he said thinking this should help him win the argument.
"Nah it's alright, I didn't really want a big fuss about it," he said shrugging, it was true he didn't want anything big. "No its fine really, your company is all I want," he said winking at Wednesday before laughing, "Hey Taylor, your a Gryffindor right? Have you seen Blair around?" he asked, he had been hoping to catch up with her today. He felt like he hadn't seen her around much lately and he didn't like that.

"Right back at you Wednesday." She said with a nod and a grin. Looking back at Beau when he asked her the question. Taylor thought about a Blair for moment, she didnt know a Blair. "Ive never met a Blair, sorry." She said with a small shrug. "Strange, ive met pretty much everyone else around this place." She laughed lightly.

"So do you have any plans for today Beau, or just going to hang around?" She gave him a huge smile.

Beau had invited Blair to his birthday party and Blair of course, was really excited. They were best friends and since both of them were so close, Blair knew she had to get him something big and nice. Carrying a wrapped-broomstick by her arm, Blair skipped towards the Hogwarts Garden, wondering whether Beau would like his birthday party. She had saved money when she knew his birthday was coming and Blair was so enthusiastic about his birthday party. She walked towards a group of people and looked around for her best friend. Noticing him, Blair walked up towards him and gave him a bug friendly hug.

"How's the birthday boy?" she asked cheerfully. "Congrats on turning 12 Beau!" she added with a smile.

Toni let a small laugh escape as Beau complained about hating shopping. "But it's for your present" She said "It will be fun I promise" She said flashing him a smile. Toni wasn't going to not get Beau something and she would rather him go with her.

Though when Beau mentioned Blair, Toni wondered if she was going to be around as well. Toni has yet to meet this Blair girl that Beau seemed to consider a best friend. yet something in Toni hoped that Beau and Blair were only best friends and nothing more, but she didn't want to think about that, not now.

Soon another girl came to the gardens and wished Beau a happy birthday. "Gosh Beau don't you have any guys friends" She teased nudging him playfully.

Hoping that Beau's comment meant that he would go shopping to pick out his present, Toni smiled. "Of coarse." She said though soon she found out that the girl who had just arrived was indeed Blair.

"Hey Blair" Toni said being nice of coarse. If she was one of Beau's friends, Toni believe that she couldn't be too bad. "I'm Toni" She said introducing herself as she flashed a small smile. Though when Beau answered that he would rather be surrounded by pretty girls than guys, she let out a small laugh. "Well I do hope that would be the case" Toni teased.

Beau chuckled at Toni's comment, shaking his head, "And what exactly do you mean by that?" he said rhetorically. "Yeah Blair, this is Toni, Wednesday and Taylor," he added. If Taylor didn't know her and they were in the same house he doubted Wednesday would, but then again he didn't know what house Wednesday was in....

Toni rolled her eyes "Oh I meant nothing by it" She said teasing him. Though she really was one to talk. Toni had very little friends that were girls. Though in a way that didn't bother her at all. The few she did have were needed though. As Beau introduced them all Toni couldn't help but think they were an odd group, two Slytherins, two gryffindors, and a hufflepuff.

"So out of all the places to spend your birthday you picked the gardens. I am a bit surprised" Toni said thinking that Beau wasn't a bit nature person.

"Good," Beau said ruffling her hair, he knew she liked to look perfect and he chuckled as a couple of her hairs fell out of place but she still looked stunning.
"I just wanted to get out," he shrugged, "It's not really somewhere I would usually go though," he added, it still suprised him how well Toni knew him. "Plus its an okay day for October," he said, "I bet the waves are..." he said stopping himself with a chuckle, he knew no-one of the girls here would want to know about his surfing habits anymore then they already did.

<<Sorry about late reply :doh: >>

Taylor noticed the Blair girl Beau had talked about arrive. She was then introduced. "Hey Blair." She nodded with a smile.

Beau and Toni began a discussion so Taylor sat listening while they talked. As they began talking about the weather, Beau mentioned the beach and Taylor smiled. She missed the beach, living in Australia she was there often. "Bet they are. What have you got for your birthday? Extreme sports exquiptment?" Her smile grew wider. She remembered her and Beaus first chat about his extreme sporting nature.

Taylor beamed back at Beau. He seemed like he was having a good birthday so far and Taylor was glad for that. "Sweet!" She said impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back