Beater Practice

The bludger veered off to George's left. He zoomed after it, and hit it with his bat towards Liz, hoping this time the crack of the bat against the bludger would alert Liz to where it was coming from.

Liz snapped her head in the direction of the crack, listening for the bludger to get closer. She waited, and after a moment, realized that it still sounded far off. Suddenly, she realized that part of the blindfold had covered her left ear.

She squeaked, and flew down several feet, brushing the blindfold from covering her ears. Once the bludger whizzed past her, she turned in it's direction and held her bat ready to hit it past her to George.

Now that Liz could hear it clearly, she hit it with the bat, in what she was pretty sure was George's direction.

George smiled. He was genuinley impressed. She'd obviously put in the practice hours here and there, and it had paid off. Liz knew what she was doing.

"Nice..." He called to her. "Another lesson done..." He held his bat back "...if you're not gonna be able to hit it accuratley in time, get out the bloody way..."His swung at the bludger and sent it towards Liz again "...because you're no use to anyone unconcious".

Liz grinned. "Yeah, that, and I was having second thoughts about going back to the hospital wing. This time I wouldn't have Courtney bleeding next to me. The boredom would kill me."

Liz stopped talking when she heard the crack of his bat. It was getting a bit easier to sense where the bludgers were now. She swung her bat, and hit the bludger. her hit was fairly centered- only about 2 inches off to the side. Still enough to hit it back to George.

"Maybe I'll get my team to try playing blindfolded sometime. It's good practice."

George swung his bat again and angled the bludger so that it would fly upwards and then descend upon Liz from above.

"Yeah...what happened to your neck anyway?" He asked, curious.

Liz looked puzzled- she'd heard the bludger whizzing around for a moment, then it got fainter. That could only happen if... she realized a second too late that it would be coming from above. She didn't have time to pull back and swing at it, and she couldn't pin point exactly -where- it was coming from aside from 'up'.

Liz held up her bat, above her head, with both hands. She might be able to use that to make it bounce away.

A split second after her bat was held up, she felt the bludger coming towards her, several inches away from where she currently held the bat.

Liz quickly swung the bat forward with both hands, hitting the bludger dead-on with the bat sideways. It flew at George. She grinned, and swung her bat into one hand, ready to hit it after George did.

"Well," Liz began, "Courtney, Bella, and I decided to go out into the forest and wander. We ran into a cougar." she felt bad about lying to him, but until she'd talked with Courtney about this, it was the story they'd stick with. Maybe she could tell him later.

"A cougar?!" He asked, shocked. "What were lot you doing messing around in the forest anyway?" He got the feeling that she wasn't being entirely truthful with him, but decided to let it fly for now.

George flicked his bat casually as the bludger came towards him, sending it back towards Liz. She'd obviously got the hang of this now, and he was genuinley more interested in her forest-escapades.

Liz grinned, hitting the bludger back, still getting closer to the center.

"Well, we were just exploring. Courtney and I are terribly curious, and Bellatrix came with us." she laughed, "At least a cougar attack was more interesting than doing nothing by the lake!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back