Baseball, Anyone?

Vivienne smiled as three more people joined them. She recognised one - the girl, but had no idea what her name was, or how she knew her.. something seemed familiar, though. Vivienne also recognised the younger boy, his name was Tim.. or Dave.. Sam, or something like that. He was a Hufflepuff in her year, but unfortunately she was bad with names. The older boy, however, Vivienne didn't think she knew at all.

"Hey guys!" she said, smiling brightly at each of them. "We're playing baseball! Do you want to join in?" she quickly counted everyone that was there, to see if they had enough now. Ari, Viv, Andy, Pat, Slytherin girl, random girl I recognise from somewhere, Tim/Dave/Sam, older random guy. Yep, that seemed enough for a small game. "We have enough people right here for two teams of four." Vivienne said, hoping no one would drop out.

"Hey Ari." Patricia smiled at the younger Hufflepuff girl. Shrugging she said, "Yeah why not, it would be a good distraction from studing." She said with a laugh. Looking round she saw another girl arrive, she looked younger, but kind of familiar. She knew she never met the girl before, she was good with faces, but shrugged the idea off with just seeing her around the school.

"Hey Sam." She waved at the boy when he arrived. She wasn't too surprised to see him here, not studing and sports seemed to be his thing she thought, laughing to herself. Patricia turned round when she heard a whistle, turning round she saw Alex. "Hey Alex." She said happily.

Looking round she saw that there seemed to be a good number of people. When Viv talked she turned to listen, "I'm up for it." She said happily. "Who will the captains be?" She asked.

Arianna looked around at Vivienne "I think Viv should be one, since she actually knows how to play" she said, going over to stand by her friend.
"Does anyone else know how to play?" she called to the group at large, feeling a litte nervous about talking to everybody, especially the older students.

Alex smiled as Patty said hi to him. 'Hey Patty'he replied. 'Yeah, simples'Alex said to the first year who asked who knew how to play. She looked familiar but then Alex wasn't really the one to know every person in the common room.

Lexi smiled slightly as the younger hufflepuff girl with cute wavy hair said she don't like, "Its ok." She said and then smiled at the new comers that she recognize from a quidditch game. Lexi was nervous seeing as she's the only slytherin in the group, all are hufflepuff and Lexi think the other one is a gryffindor. How can she play with a teddy bear on hand?

"Baseball? That sounds great!" He said happy to have a distraction from the pressure of studying. "Count me in." he smiled. He had played baseball a couple of times before and was quite good at it. He had a fair idea of the rules but not enough to be a captain. "Yeah I know how to play." he said to Ari. He looked around at everyone, there was Patricia, Ari, a girl he hadn't spoken to before- Vivienne, Alex, that slytherin girl from the match he wasn't all that fond of, an older girl he didn't know and Wendy. Someone he hadn't spoken to since the Hogwarts Express. Sam was eager to get going, he was always up for any kind of sport. They just needed another volunteer for captain, Sam waited for someone to put themselves up for it.

Vivienne listened as Pat named the two boys that had just arrived. Ahh, Sam! That's it.. she thought, embarassed that she'd forgotten. The other boy's name was Alex. She laughed as Arianna nominated her for captain. "Oh, um.. okay? I'll be a captain if no one else wants to.." she said, not minding that she'd been put on the spot. "Alright.. then we need another captain. Anyone?" Vivienne smiled, looking at every face in the group.

"That's great" Arianna said, smiling at the two boys "Because I have no idea how to play" she admitted, knowing she must seem stupid.
"Anyone want to be the other captain?" she called to the group at large, still a little nervous about the whole public speaking thing, but not letting it show.

"I can play but i can't be a captain..." She stopped and sigh, "Because i have mood swings." Lexi said still cradling the bear she was holding. "I'm really giving this bear, anyone want?" She asked the people in the field again about the bear.

[omg so sorry nearly forgot this one:(]

Andy readied herself to bat the ball but Patricia's arrival scampered Vivienne's concentration. This made her smile as the ball fell to the ground not far from the first year.
"Well if you throw like that I'm never gonna get a hit in am I?" she laughed, waving her hand in a salut as others began to join them. Lexi who she quite literally hadn't seen in forever arrived to join as well, it was nice that she remembered her.
"Hey Lex, I'm good thanks. I think if I get anymore cuddlies there won't be any room on my bed for me. Just place it down over there for now".

She beamed when she heard a familiar whistle and turned to see her newest loopy friend coming over to join in as well.
"Hey Alex, scouting any spiders lately?" she winked at him as she swung the bat back and forth eager to get the ball rolling.

"I would not have a clue what a captain in baseball does so can't put myself forward for that role, much as I'd love to. What about you Alex? you up for being a captain, you get me on your team if you do?" pretending to bat her eyelashes at him and give him her most fetching smile, Andromeda camped up her pleading puppy dog eyes for him.

Alex listened before producing a bit of seaweed out his pocket, which just happened to be here. 'Nope but I'm sure this'll be plenty for bob to eat' Alex joked before chucking at her. He laughed as Ants tried to persuade him to be a captain. 'If it means i get to bully you, 'course' Alex said sticking his tongue out at her. He wondered what the deal with the teddy bear was though. It was just plain weird that a stuffed sock basically managed to get loads of attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back