Baseball, Anyone?

Arianna Tipley

OOC First Name
Lizzy
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Arianna lugged the heavy bag containing baseball bats, gloves and balls. She dropped it, and flopped down beside it on the grass, puffing. She had borrowed all the gear from her fathers friend in Brightstone village, and she and Vivienne had planned a Baseball game. She lay back on the grass, staring up at the sky as she waited for her friend to arrive. Ari was embracing the coming summer, by wearing black stubbies ((Short shorts)) and a dark purple singlet.

The sky was a deep blue, and she smiled up at it, glad it would be clear for the game.

Andromeda wasn't exactly enjoying the sweltering heat, it was aggravating her no end. Her mood was touchy to say the least and though she wore a pair of cut off jeans and a ti-shirt it just still didn't seem enough. Thinking that a quick dip in the lake might be fairly welcome she strolled down all purpose like when she saw a first year with a really large bag on the lawn. She didn't think for a second that it could be one of those that played any of the pranks but thought she'd wander over to make sure.

"hey what's up? awfully big bag for a small girl" she didn't mean to sound condescending but the heat really was getting on her last nerve.

Arianna sat up quickly as she heard somebody spoke. She looked around at an older girl she had never met before. She was slightly taken aback at the small-girl big-bag comment, but she decided to ignore it. She stood up, smiling "Yeah, it's pretty heavy. We're going to have a baseball game, want to play?" she asked.

Vivienne had wanted to get outdoors more, so when Arianna asked her if she'd like to play baseball, she was more than willing to oblige. Wanting to be there nice and early, Vivienne quickly threw on clothes she thought suitable for playing in ((left)). Checking her refelection in the mirror, Vivienne smiled and grabbed her bag. Skipping down to lawn, she swung her arms forwards and back, looking forward to the day ahead.

As she pushed open the large oak doors, the sun hit her and her smile grew. Vivienne continued across the large field until she spotted her friend Ari, running the rest of the way. "Ari! Yay, baseball!" she said randomly, not sure what else to say. Only then noticing that there was another girl in their company, she quickly turned to her. "Oh sorry! Um hi, I'm Vivienne." she said, waving happily.

"Viv!" Arianna exclaimed, as she spotted her best friend. She gave her a big bear hug "Wow, you look great!"
When she'd finished her hug, she paused "Yeah, this is um... Sorry, what's your name?" she asked the girl, frowning slightly.

Andromeda smiled at the younger girl, baseball eh.
"Never played before I'm Irish not American, we play hurling and rounders but not baseball but yeah, if you show me how I'm a quick learner."

Another girl came down and Andy nearly gasped at what she was wearing. Actually she considered both of the younger girls outfits a bit risque and not at all appropriate for any type of game. Then again, Andy was an out and out tom boy so their mode of dress was definitely not her thing at all. Not wanting to appear the prude, she smiled at the other girl before introducingherself.

"I'm Andy by the way".

"Cool, I'm not actually sure about the rules either. I just know that you chuck a ball, and someone hits it with a bat" Arianna said with a little grin.
"Nice to meet you Andy" she said with a smile.

Vivienne hugged Ari back, before dumping her bag on the ground. "Um thanks, you too," she laughed, not thinking she looked any different to how she usually did. "Yeah, I'm not American either, but I've played baseball quite a bit with my family." Vivienne smiled, remembering how the hundreds of Esquire's would get together for the annual reunion. As the kids played in the large green field, 'The Grandfather' would sit in his deck chair, analysing every child. Vivienne always ran fastest so as to impress him. In her family, how 'The Grandfather' saw you was everything, if you wanted to succeed in life. Snapping out of her flashback, she turned back to the girl. "Andy, that's a nice name," Vivienne said politely. "What is it short for?"

Arianna grinned "I'm glad you know how to play then. I have no idea, really" she confessed "It just sounded like fun, and I wanted to try a new sport" she said. Sport was quite a big part of her life, along with music. Arianna looked around "I hope people come" she said, worriedly "It won't be a game otherwise"

Andy smiled, hitting with bats she could do no problem thre at all.
"Sounds really cool to me" she smiled before turning to the other girl called Viv, "Um its short for Andromeda as in the galaxy."
Andy rolled her eyes talk about lamo explanation much, she went to the bag and picked up the wierd shaped bat that seemed more to resemble a club than anything else.
"So, are you expecting many people to show up?" she got a feel for the bat, gripping and ungripping it before she began to swing it as well, "Is it anything like quidditch?"

"Aww! That's so pretty!" Vivienne smiled, wishing her name had a cool meaning. "Vivienne just means lively or something.. Ari, what does your name mean again?" she asked her friend. It was an odd question, but she was interested in the meanings of people's names. It was fun to see if they truely fit it or not.

Skipping over to the bag after Andy, Vivienne pulled out a mitt and ball. "Do you guys know much about muggle sports?" she asked, hoping not to sound stupid by explaining things they already knew. "This.. is a mitt; or baseball glove. You put it on the opposite hand to your throwing one.." she said, slipping it onto her right hand. "It just helps you to catch it easier." Vivienne smiled in an encouraging way.

Andy smiled at the younger girl.
"I like it Vivienne, rather be lively than a galaxy really. So a mit eh? I've played muggle sports just not baseball I'm afraid. More soccer and stuff really. Ok so what happens then or should we wait for others to show up before you go explaining otherwise you might have to repeat and repeat yourself again and again".

"Andromeda. That is nice" Arianna said with a smile "Arianna is Italian, and means Holy... I think" she said "My name is a bit odd" she said, pulling a face. She grabbed a ball from the bag, and tossed it up in the air "These things are hard!" she exclaimed. Nursing her hand she had used to catch the ball, she made a note to cushion it more next time.
"I think we should wait for everyone else to turn up" she suggested to the other two.

Lexi was just walking in the lawn, she was really pissed about her sister coming.Alexia said she's staying for good at Beauxbatons, but no Lexi's parents send her a letter that said her stupid, always acting good sister is coming next school year. She stomped her foot at the grasses of the lawn, she was holding a cute teddy bear that her sister gave to her when she was leaving for Hogwarts. Then not just far from her, she saw a group of three girls, Lexi looked at the bear and looked back at the girls. Lexi went towards them and smiled a very grateful smile, "Hi!" she said.

"Okay, I guess we'll just wait for some more people to turn up then.." Vivienne smiled, taking Andy and Ari's advice. She put her hands on her hips and looked down at her feet. A few moments later, she noticed an unfamiliar face approach the group. "Hey!" Vivienne said to the girl, straightening up and giving a small wave. "We're playing baseball, please say you'll join us!" she laughed. She didn't want to have to forget the game, just because no one turned up.

Andy smiled at the other girl quite liking her name too.
"But that is lovely Arianna, it's very regal sounding. Well Andromeda the galaxy is what my dad named me after but the name itself is greek I think and basically my dream name come true, it means the leader of men" Andromeda laughed at that, the consumate tomboy who up until recently only befriended boys and had no other interest in them, well except for one.

"Supposed to have been an Ethopian princess or something" she never got to finish the legend of the original Andromeda as another girl appeared on the scene. It was funny how Vivienne nearly begged the girl to join them. Holding up a hand in a weak salute she smiled at the young girl.
"Hiya, I'm Andy. How about we just knock a few balls about while we wait for more to show up then?" this would be great practise in her beating skills providing she remembered to not whack it very hard or the girls would never catch it.
"Oh hang on is this the game with that home run thingy?"

Patricia was up in the common room, studing for her exams. Setting her Transfiguratioin book out of the way she streched out on the couch. She looked outside and saw what a lovely day it had turned out to be. Deciding that she had revisied enough for now she deserved a nice walk, something to get out in the fresh air.

Patricia made her way down to the grounds, she was glad she had changed into her shorts and t-shirt, her tracksuit would have been far too warm for her to be outside with in this weather. MAking her way down the path to the lawn she saw a collection of people, a few who she recognised. Ari and Viv, two first year Hufflepuffs. She was sure the red head was Andy, she had met her a few clubs last year. And the other girl was Lexi, she was a Slytherin in her year, and not the nicest of people.

She saw a big bag containing what looked like bats, balls and gloves. Confused but slightly intrigied she made her way pver to the girls. "Hi guys." She happily. "What you all at?" She asked.

"Yeah, okay. Overarm or underarm?" Vivienne asked, preparing to throw a ball for Andy to hit. "And yes, this is the game with home runs," she laughed, pulling her arm back and aiming it straight at the bat. But just as the ball was leaving her hand, Vivienne heard another voice, causing the ball to veer off course. It landed weakly on the grass not far from her, and she laughed again as she skipped to pick it up.

Turning around, she realised that the voice belonged to Patricia, the girl that she'd met at a picnic and sleepover, among other places. "Hey, Pat! We're playing baseball! It's a muggle sport.." Vivienne added, not sure how much Patricia knew about the muggle world. "Do you want to join us?" she said, impatient for play to begin.

Patricia laughed apologetically when she saw Viv throw the ball, "Hi Viv. Sorry didn't mean to throw you off." She said laughing lightly. "Oh baseball," She said, recognising the name from her uncle, from America, never stopped talking about when he visited. "Never played it but I played rounders, I think they're the same." She added enthusiastically, she loved rounders and it had been so long since she had played it.

"Regal? Thanks, though it's not really me, it sounds good!" Arianna said, laughing. She continiued to throw the ball up in the air, and catch it. She watched Viv and Andy get ready to practise hitting balls "Don't hit us!" she said with a grin, knowing that Andy woudln't purposefully aim at them.
"Hey Pat!" she called, as her second year friend joined them "Come play baseball!" she encouraged, throwing the ball to her.

Wendy was walking around the castle grounds, looking for something to do really. She was wearing a white muscle shirt and loose cargo shorts since the sun was out and bright today. After her birthday she had been in a rather cheerful, good mood so when she spotted a group of girls on the lawn she decided to go over and see what was up. She noticed a few had what looked like baseball bats, balls, and even a glove in one of the girl's hands. Come to think of it, she recognized two of the girls as Vivienne and Arianna, she had met them on Halloween in her cat costume when she couldn't take off her mask. That seemed like such a long time ago, she doubted they'd even remember. Wendy waved off the thoughts as she timidly said, "Hi," with a small smile on her face. "Are you guys playing baseball?" she asked, the tone in her voice hopeful. She absolutely loved to play sports, especially muggle sports. Wizard sports such as Quidditch however, she'd stay as far away as possible from.

"Did you say baseball? I'm on." Lexi said and looked at the bear she got. "Who wants a bear? it will be my first present to a non slytherin friend." She said raising the teddy bear she was holding. I'm going to be nice today because of my sister scumming my brain she thought and smiled to them.

Then she noticed Andy her first every friend in this school but their friendship kinda loose a thread. "Hey, Andy." Lexi said in her first time cheery voice and wave her right hand when she placed it down. Then came the weirdest Hufflepuff she had ever see, Patricia Rogers; quite pretty but weird. Her potion is kinda ridiculous her mind spoke.

Lexi just placed a deep smile on her pretty face and just goon with the game they were going to play. "I'm a great thrower?" Lexi said.

Sam had once more been attempting to study. How he hated this part of the year. Though so far he had managed to keep up in his studies as he promised himself he would but when it came to studying he was hopeless. He couldn't concentrate for one and then trying to retain the information was something different intirely.

He was getting completely fustrated so he left his dorm and had the idea of going to the grounds. He wore a pair of shorts and t-shirt as it was such a nice day. He shoved his hands into his pockets and made his way down to the lawn. Once he was there he saw quite a large group of people, most of whom he knew.

He shrugged and headed over to them. "Hey." he said friendly and gave them a wave. "Whats going on?" he asked them looking at them all in turn.

Arianna watched the girl advertise a teddy bear "Not for me" she said. When the girl told them she was a good thrower, Arianna was relieved "That's good! I suck at throwing" she told her. Another girl arrived. Ari vaguely recognised her from somewhere. She wandered over to her "Have we met before?" she asked her, still not able to find the girl in her memory.

She saw a familiar figure walk down from the castle "Hey Sam!" she called "We're going to play baseball, so we're just waiting for more people"

Alex had been wandering around the lake and had just been pushed in by some of the other boys. Frustrated and soaking, he made his way off to the castle again before seeing quite a big gathering over on the lawn, most people he knew too. Whistling to Andy, he smiled, and jogged over to them. 'Hey, baseball. Needing any more players?'he asked smiling. He was great batter for baseball, making the fact that he was one of the fastest runners here a great advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back