Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Olive Wood 15" Core of Aethonan Feather
[adminapproval= 9422509]

It was the disinfectant smell of sap of fir and pine trees that compelled the rest of his senses to focus and receive the stimuli of his new environment. Minoas' grey eyes blinked as he turned his attention above him. Sunlight splashed through the trees' rippled branches, shifting with the wind that ran through the sticky needles. The trees lashed and crashed against each other spreading out like fans. The forest canopy swang softly overhead and the cool breeze kissed his cheeks. Minoas took a mechanical step forwards and a crack underneath his feet distracted him from the lethargy.

From the soft underfoot of brown needles, cones were bursting like tiny grenades. Minoas picked one from the ground to inspect it like a child discovering its new environment. His once sparkling eyes, were now studying the cone curiously but with glazed eyes, dried out of life and emotions. He stopped dead when an eerie feeling dominated him. The birds had stopped chirping and only the breeze was whispering warningly in his ears. A moment of complete silence as the wind ceased abruptly and then a deafening bang echoed through the forest.

Minoas reflexes urged him to duck and avoid the jet of light which flew over his head. He looked behind him to where the curse had landed. A burnt spot was smoking against the grey bark of the closest tree and Minoas didn't linger any further. He started running through the trees while flashes of light were crashing on the trunks around him. Minoas had roamed these parts since a very young age and he knew it like the back of his hand. However, currently his memory had failed to guide him. With no idea of where he was heading, he kept ducking to avoid the low hanging branches and the jinxes flying his way. Another bright jet of light missed him as he jumped over the trunk of a fallen, dead tree but he stumbled and rolled down the muddy slope. His body ended its downhill course in a pit, barricaded by the thick roots which were spreading greedily in and out of the muddy slopes in search of more space and nutritions.

Minoas hadn't enough time to get up and climb back at the top. At the moment he was back standing on his feet, someone else was making his way down the slopes. The only thing he could do was to flourish he wand and point it at his pursuer.

Every movement had to be made with caution and precision. This part of the forest was a minefield of pine cones, some of them well-hidden under the thick layer of dead pine needles. Stepping on one of them in dead silence would be enough to alert even the trees of his presence. Sandalio was moving like shadow among the towering trees. Standard training was over for the three seventh years. Today it was a real life operation stimulation or that's what Minoas and Elbio were calling it. Out of the three, Sandalio was the less updated. He had no idea why they were spending so much time in the concealment of the Forbidden Forest, preparing as if a war was upon them. Nevertheless, he had accepted to participate into this out of pure fun. He had taken his two classmates at a part of the forest where student and professor activity was minimum. Ever since, he had been joining the company of Minoas and Elbio, engaging in a schedule of daily training and dueling. He kept wondering from time to time what the other two were up to but it was the first time in his life he had friends so he was content most of the time of just hanging out with them.

It was maybe the only time in his entire life that Sandalio would wish he was in his feral form. He hadn't trusted anyone with his little secret. That he was a werewolf and in particular, a werewolf unable to take the wolfsbane potion. A single drop from this concoction and he would be dead in a matter of seconds for he was allergic to monkswood. He couldn't even touch that plant, let alone consume it. So his transfomations were always painful and torturing but he was retaining the full extend of a werewolf's senses. These acute senses he needed right now. His sense of smell could have located the other two already and wouldn't have to wander for hours with the fear of being found first.

Suddenly, the snap of something wooden alerted him of someone else's presence. He took cover behind a tree and waited a few seconds to see if he was spotted first. Sandalio peeked from behind the tree, holding his breath in suspense. There was Minoas, standing yards away with his back facing Sandalio's way. Sandalio left his cover with his wand in hand and casted a stunning spell towards his roommate's direction. He cursed when he missed his target, hitting a tree. With the element of surprise gone now, Sandalio ran after him before he had the chance to disappear again. At the same time he had his mind on Elbio who could be lurking somewhere close. There were no rules for this game they were playing. Just take the others out before they were going to take you out. They could have easily made a pact to take Sandalio out first and then duel their way to victory.

The chase continued deeper in the forest with Sandalio flicking his wand to hurl more curses towards Minoas, who managed to dodge all of them. Sandalio smirked when he recognized a few landmarks around him. Diacritical scrapes they hand left on trees' trunks so they could make their way through the labyrinth of trees. He was getting Minoas where he wanted him. He continued shooting jinxes towards his way to keep him occupied and not figure out where they were heading. The smirk of triumph widened when Minoas jumped over the fallen tree, signalling he had fallen into his trap. Sandalio watched Minoas tumbling down the slope and followed him sliding carefully down, mud splashing on his shoes and jeans' legs. "Gotcha!" He panted as he made it down to the bottom of the pit. Pointing his wand at Minoas, it was impossible for his opponent to escape."It's over." He said almost apologetically. "Stupefy!"

Minoas casually brushed mud and dirt off his clothes. He almost ignored Sandalio who had been pointing his wand straight at him. He glanced at the other Gryffindor and smirked widely. "Is it really?" Minoas smiled smugly, not flinching at the sight of the pointing wand. He had no wand in his hands and didn't look to be intending to get one and defend himself. He opened his arms to welcome the red jet of light that zoomed towards him. It hit him hard on his chest and winked back at Sandalio as his body dissolved into thick black and white smoke, shifting in the breeze before disappearing.
Five minutes ago...

Having a bird-eye view, Minoas was sitting still and silent on the top branches of a pine tree. Climbing had became an easy task for the Gryffindor after months of intense, physical exercise. The training he was undergoing was including more than workout routines and running miles around the forest. The Forbidden Forest had became a battle arena where he was practising dueling and spell casting with his friends Elbio and Sandalio. His school years at Hogwarts were coming to an end and the brave Greek had certain objectives in mind for when he was going to be a graduate and a free man. Most people at his age were planning to seek for a job, have a family maybe or continue their education in favor of their future careers. Minoas was only planning for revenge and an uncertain quest. He couldn't care less for his future when he only wanted to find his father and make those who were responsible for his abduction to suffer. He was constantly discouraged and prevented from any plans he previously had but now he was no longer a child. Today, he was going to prove he was ready to face the Scitorari and destroy them. He was longing for that moment. It had become his reason to be.

Suddenly, a movement among trees. He spotted Sandalio bellow him stalking someone. Was it Elbio or someone else? Without making his presence known, he watched as Sandalio started darting spells towards another figure that started running away. He smirked when he recognized the runner and waiter until Sandalio started following him. Minoas deftly climbed down the tree and followed Sandalio silently like a hunter stalking its prey. His roomate was going to be played so hard, he was almost feeling sorry for him. He stopped at the edge of the slope, witnessing Sandalio turning his wand at the other person who was identical to Minoas. He carefully made it down the pit as Sandalio casted a stunning spell and the jet of red light disintegrated the other Minoas into white and black smoke. Minoas raced behind Sandalio and flourished his wand which he pressed against his roommate's back. "Drop your wand." he surprised him. Facing Sandalio's back, he wished he could see his face. His expression should be priceless but he preferred not to let him turn around until he was wandless. "Come on. Surrender. Or should I stun you instead? You were so eager to stun me when you thought you had the chance." he poked him softly with his wand, urging him to make a decision.

Under the shady roof of the forest, three seventh years were competing in a game of survival. The last one standing was the winner and he could outlast the other two, following whichever strategy he thought it would work the best for him. For Elbio Aiello, the best strategy was to remain hidden within the rich foliage of a blueberry bush and wait patiently. He was feeling safe as he was watching behind the green wall of leaves for any signs of the other two. The Slytherins' plan was to wait for the Gryffindors to try beat one another and then startle the winning Gryffindor and beat him himself. It sounded like a good plan but as the time was flying slowly while sitting inactive and invisible, Elbio wondered if he should just leave his leafy hideout and search for them. It was also hard for him to keep his hands away from his camera, hanging on his neck. He was tempted to take pictures of the squirrels burying berries in the ground but he kept reminding himself that he had to remain completely silent.

Sitting with folded legs down on the ground, his head was supported by his hands. He used his index finger to draw patterns on the dirt in order to make time pass faster. The distractive sound of wood snapping alerted him and made him search for the source of that sound. Minoas was standing alone a few meters away studying what looked like to be a pine cone. Elbio drew his wand, ready to bolt out of the bush but a jet of red light came from nowhere. Soon Sandalio appeared in Elbio's field of view and started chasing Minoas away. Elbio wore a condescending smirk, thinking of how lucky he was. He was intending to follow them and see who was going to prevail but then someone else, unexpected, appeared as well.

Elbio brought his hand on his mouth to prevent his gasp.
"Che cazzo!" he muttered astounded as he observed Minoas following Sandalio who was following Minoas.
"What's going on here?" he kept wondering unable to grasp the logic of what he was witnessing. It was time for him to leave his cozy hideout. Still jaw dropped, he followed the second Minoas in order to find out what was going on. He glanced over his shoulder several times if another Minoas or Sandalio was following him but fortunately for his sanity, no one was there. Sandalio chased Minoas down a large pit. The third person who looked exactly like Minoas, was watching from the top of the slope the other two at the bottom talking. Elbio had no idea what to do. He decided to keep watching this madness unnoticed. He was smacked by surprise when Sandalio casted a stunning spell and the Minoas at the pit turned into white and black smoke and disappeared. Then he watched the stalking Minoas going to down the cliff and catching Sandalio off guard, telling him to drop his wand.

Really wanting to understand what have happened there, Elbio made his way down the pit and pointed his wand at Minoas' head.
"How you did that?" he asked confused his friend.
"I saw you be chased by him and then you appeared again, following him and yourself." Elbio said and thought he sounded paranoid. He wasn't crazy, he knew what he had shown. Minoas had done something considerably unusual and he wanted to learn what it was.
"Okay guys. This is what is going to happen." he prepared to negotiate with the other two.
"You're both going to give me your wands as I can hex you from behind here." he told them as he was pointing at Minoas from behind both of them.
"Then, Mr Stratis is going to explain how exactly he managed to be at two places at the same time." he concluded, really wanting to get to that point.
"Well, let me see wands fell on the ground now." he touched his wand tip on Minoas' head to show him he meant serious business.

The smile of success was flashing on Minoas face. He had Sandalio right there ready to be defeated. Elbio wouldn't be far and he could beat him with another trick he had up his sleeve. The voice of the Slytherin behind him though, wrecked his plan. "Nice. We have a quorum." he commented with sarcasm as a wand tip pressed against the back of his skull. "Yes, we are listening you Elby." he continued with the sarcasm as Elbio thought he had the upper hand. Minoas wouldn't be so pugnacious if he knew it was really over. The Greek had still several tricks to play. For the time being he avoided to speak about his little secret that surprised Sandalio and baffled Elbio. "You know I'm going to explain to you guys what is going on here but you never reveal your aces before the end. And this is not the end just yet." he said with a wide smirk. He expected Sandalio to drop his wand but this wasn't the case for himself. He just smiled as he glanced at the slopes surrounding and towering the three of them at the bottom.
"I would really like to do that Elbio but I'm afraid, these gentlemen up there won't agree with this." he said smugly and gestured for them to look at the slopes.

Ten individuls had appeared at the top of the slopes and they were looking down at them silenty. Ten pairs of grey eyes were looking, some complacently, some others indifferently and some others curiously of what was really going on among the three of them, pointing their wands at each other. "Hey guys!" he greeted the ten of them who looked identically like him. None of them replied back to him.
"Okay, let me introduce you to my clones, or more precisely to my astral projections." he stated proudly for the results of his latest spell. "This was the surprise I was telling you last time. It's my new spell. I have unleashed around fifteen of my astral projections. One unfortunately was killed by Sandalio. The other four must have been lost somewhere around the forest." he chuckled as he counted his projections standing at the top of the pit and were missing four of them.

Minoas let his companions admire the results of his new spell as his astral projections were surrounding them, waiting for his commands. It was hard for him to make them do specific tasks when they were too many. It was easier to create just one and make him act on its own. For now they were standing there will-less waiting for his commands. They all had different personalities and they could react differently to his orders, maybe even ignore them. He had to do some improvements but for now, the spell was working well.
"I think this is the moment I should lay terms." he interrupted the silence.
"You two are going to admit your defeat with Elbio stop trying to pierce my head with his wand." he said still pointing with his own olive wood wand at Sandalio. "Or I can tell these guys to kick your ass." he looked at his projections. They could hardly do that. They were nothing more than illusions which while they could physically attack someone, they were unable to cast magic. Minoas had considered to add this to his improvements and make them able to copy his spell casting but this was going to need a hell of a work and experience. For now the could just charge against his companions and maybe take their wands. "It's your choice really. I should warn you though. Some of my clones are quite impatient and fretful." he smiled and waited for their decision.

Minoas' smugness was suspicious and so Elbio wasn't letting his guard down. Suddenly, a few other people appeared, surrounding the pit's slopes. They all looked exactly liked Minoas.
"What the hell?" Elbio cursed startled as Minoas' counterparts closed in on. He kept staring confused as Minoas explained to them what they were witnessing. As more were revealed, Elbio couldn't hide anymore his smirk. He was always thinking his friend was a genius and really talented with his spells but this one was over the top. He couldn't wait to try this one himself.
"I really want to slow clap your awesomeness right now but, no." he sneered and poked Minoas once more with his wand.
"You're really going to teach me this spell of yours after we are done but I'm not going to give up that easily." Elbio stated that he wasn't intimidated by what Minoas' was calling his astral projections.
"Your clones exist as long as you're conscious. This is how magic works." he pointed out, having an eyes for the clones as well.
"I reckon they will all vanish if I'm going to stun you." he smirked, ready to act if he had to.
"Sandalio, let's work together. Let's deal with him and his clones first and then is a fair game for both of us. We're not going to beat them alone. Think of it." out of the blue, Elbio tried to persuade the other gryffindor into cooperating and turning against Minoas and his little tricks.

Minoas was confident that he was calling the shots now. They were just two of them when they were eleven. Maybe fifteen if the other four of his projections were going to finally find their way. While Sandalio remained speechless, Elbio didn't seem to be affected from the fact that ten people were under Minoas' command.
"You really don't have to. You'll make be blush." Minoas jested when Elbio said he wanted to slow clap the greatness of his new spell. He couldn't deny it, he was feeling really proud about this spell and not only for this one.
"Careful with that wand. You might hurt yourself." he continued mocking without losing his nerve, even when his friend pointed out something true. Yes, if Minoas was going to lose his conscious, his astral projections were going to vanish at a blink of an eye.
"You think so? Why don't you try?" he dared Elbio, not confirming his conclusion.

What Minoas was trying to do was to buy some time to his advantage. His chances turned bleak when Elbio proposed to make an alliance with Sandalio and turn against him.
"Ah, Elbio! You're really tearing my heart apart. I thought we had an agreement. Screw Sandalio over and then have a duel to determine the winner." he said and smirked inwardly. Of course there was no agreement between him and Elbio but his goal was to plant a seed of doubt in Sandalio's mind, before the two of them were going to ally. The sly Gryffindor didn't wait to see if his seed had germinated. From his wand tip a flash of light was spouted and hit Sandalio straight on the chest to knock him backwards. Then before Elbio was able to react, he crouched, lowering his hips and bending his knees. With a low spinning kick, he swept Elbio's legs to make him trip and fell on the ground. "Attack!" he shouted and took a few steps backwards as his astral projections charged down the slopes whooping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back