Ballet Practice In The Spring Flowers

Wand
A pretty darn cool one!
Classes had not yet started, and Lyn was being her normal self. Wandering the grounds, talking loudly to herself and sitting by the lake. Hogwarts was so peaceful. Lyn wanted to practice her ballet, but she hadn't been able to find an empty room. Wherever she went, people seemed to gravitate towards her. Angel was the opposite, Lyn's sister seemed to make people evaporate like water in the sun.

Lyn hadn't talked to Angel since the sorting, but she didn't mind. They would talk in class, or Lyn would find her sister tonight. She knew Angel still thought Hogwarts was a joke, but Lyn knew that Angel would like Hogwarts if she gave it a chance.

Lyn walked slowly through the gardens, a smile playing on the girl's face. The girl looked around, but saw nobody. Lyn carefully placed her ballet shoes on the ground, and kicked off her other shoes. Lyn looked at her outfit, something her mother had packed for her. Lyn put on her practice ballet shoes, and stood up.

It had been almost a week since she had gone to the studio, and now it would be until next break. Lyn didn't like that, but she could deal with it. But she was worried about Angel. Angel hated change, and couldn't stand not being near a studio. Lyn adapted to situations, even if she didn't like them.

Lyn did a few warm-ups, then leaped, a grand jeté. "I really need Angel..." Lyn murmered, sighing. Angel was much better at ballet than her, Lyn was an ice-skater, not a ballerina,

Charlene was strolling through the grounds, desperately trying to figure her way around so she wouldn't look like an idiot once classes started. She looked up at the castle, counting the floors upward, wondering which was the Gryffindor common room. She shook her head sadly. By now, she had entered a garden, walking through a wooden archway overgrown with twisting vines. She bent down by the side of a bush of pure white flowers, touching the silky petals with a gentle finger, sighing again.

She wished her friends were here to see this. She started to whistle a song, and smiled as she was reminded of Sunye and Yeeun back home. She hoped that the group's new album was doing well. She heard a swishing noise as she walked, and turned.

There was a girl, dancing, near the middle of the garden. She was wearing a white dress with blue flower designs on it. Charlene looked down at her own black and white striped hoodie and red skinny jeans and blushed, realizing how out of place she was in the garden. Nevertheless, she approached the girl. She was doing ballet, a form of dance that Charlene had not studied yet. Nor did she think she would ever get to. After all, Koreans weren't interested in their stars doing ballet.

"Hello?" She began, not wanting to startle the girl. She smiled. "You're really good at dancing!" She cleared her throat. "I'm Charlene by the way."

"Hello?" A voice said. Lyn stopped in mid-twirl and beamed at the girl who had approached her. "Oh, hello!" Lyn replied. She had been alone for a few minutes before the brunette girl had come into the garden. Lyn didn't mind that she was here, meeting new people was always good.

Lyn beamed. "Thank you. I love to dance!" Lyn said, throwing her arms into the air. "A pleasure to meet you, Charlene." Lyn said, bobbing into a small curtsy as her mother had taught her. "I'm Prudence Lynette Dancer. But call me Lyn, it's much easier." Lyn laughed.

Lyn wasn't sure why she had said her full name, as Charlene had only said her first name. But Lyn had been brought up to always say her full name. "Ooh, I love your hoodie!" Lyn gushed. Lyn was never allowed to wear clothes like Charlene's, though she wished she could.

Charlene grinned. “Sweet name. It matches you! That’s pretty cool.,” she replied, curious. This girl was a nut. But in Charlene’s world, nut meant awesome. She gave a curtsy back instead of her customary head-dip, laughing.

Charlene looked down at her hoodie and looked back up. “Really? Your dress is really pretty! This is just what I wear everyday. Most people dress like this in Korea. It’s comfy and I can move around fine, so it’s all good,” she said. “Have you taken lessons in dancing? Cause I dance too. Just not ballet. I'm 'prolly not skilled enough.”

"Oh, you're from Korea?" Lyn said, a little surprised. She had thought that the students at Hogwarts New Zealand were all from New Zealand, but it seemed this wasn't the case. She looked down at her dress and fiddled with the shoulder straps. "Maman packs my clothing, I have no say in what I wear." Lyn said sorrowfully.

"Yes, I do them every day after school." Lyn said, then frowned. "Did before Hogwarts, I mean." she said, her smile returning. "Oh cool, what kind of dance do you do?" Lyn asked curiously. "Hey, you never know. I've only been doing ballet for a year, and other types of dance help!" said Lyn brightly.

Lyn had noticed from the people that she had watched talking, that everyone was curious about houses. Lyn herself didn't see the point in houses, but she was always an inquisitive person. "Um, what house are you in?" she asked bluntly.

"Yup," replied Charlene. "My mom came here for school though. She's a witch, but my dad's a Muggle. So that's why I came here too." She grinned at Lyn's comment about her mother. "Really? Heh, my mom used to, but I suppose I've sorta grown out of it. I ought to get you some stuff when I go back to Korea! They have awesome clothes there, in my opinion."

"Wow, only dancing for a year? I bet you'll be crazy amazing in another year." She scratched her head, thinking. "Uh, well I dunno what it's called. But it's what all the singers in Korea do. I've been training to go into the entertainment industry. I guess...sorta like hip-hop? Dunno." She smiled proudly. "I'm in Gryffindor! My mom was in Ravenclaw, but she's real proud of me anyways."

"Both my parents are Muggles." Lyn said, a hint of pride in her tone. She had noticed a few of the students weren't very nice about Muggle-born students. Lyn smiled at Charlene. "Maman designs some of my clothes, she says it's good advertising if her daughters wear her clothes. Rosa has to wear them too."

Lyn blushed. "Maybe." she said simply. "I've been doing ice-skating for years, that probably helps with my ballet. Balance and such." Lyn looked at Charlene curiously. She had seen people on television doing hip-hop dancing, and she thought it looked fun.

"Oh! I'm in Gryffindor too! My sister's in Ravenclaw." Lyn beamed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back