Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence Of Hair From The Mane Of A Unicorn
Seventh year. The eighteen year old Hufflepuff stood tall and proud on the Quidditch pitch, breeze calmly blowing through her blonde hair, as she looked towards the castle with a wistful smile on her face. This year was her last year, her last year leading the Hufflepuffs, her last year of Hogwarts. And while she was terrified, in a way, she was also calm. She knew she was near the end of her education, but she'd come to accept it. There was no point worrying. She just had to accept what was coming and enjoy it while it lasted.

Her trusty Emerald Streak in hand, Violet Eliza Bellamy waited on the Quidditch pitch for the other Hufflepuffs to arrive. Today was try-out day, and along with her co-captain and Quidditch prodigy, Stephen, she was to pick a team that would hopefully be victorious - but more importantly, would have a bloody good year and really enjoy themselves and play their hearts out. That was all she could ask. As long as everyone worked together, gave it their best shot and had fun, she couldn't ask anything more. Twirling her muggle pen around her fingers, Violet shifted from side to side, waiting for her housemates.

Raffaelo entered the Quidditch pitch as he heard a while back that there will be a try-out. How he longed for this moment to come, for him to finally join. Finally he was a second year and as he knew he could already join the team hopefully after passing the try-outs today. He noticed there were two people standing or more like waiting, a boy and a girl. Raffaelo was the first to come to have he's try-out. He smiled wishing he was in luck today. "Raffaelo Menzure ready for the try-outs" he stated as energetic as he can be. "Maybe a Chaser or hopefully a Seeker?" he suggested looking at the two. He tried to be relaxed and of course to concentrate on the game as it starts.

Riley was more than a little excited when she woke up that morning, knowing that finally she would be trying out for Quidditch, she had been so disappointed last year when there were no games but she was sure that this year would make up for all of that. So she made her way to the Quidditch pitch, her hair tied in a loose ponytail and wearing her full Hufflepuff Quidditch robes. Smiling she approached Violet, the captain and gripped her Sienna Storm with pride. "Hey Violet!" she said cheerily "What are we starting with?" she asked, eager to get going. She knew she was good and she desperately hoped she would get chosen for the team.

Danny woke that morning feeling somewhat groggy and off form, he couldn't understand it at first until he put it down to one thing and one thing only. He had another night whereby all his dreams were of Kara and though he dreamed about her and met her continuously at night in his sleep, he had not had a chance to even talk with her since the return to school. Stolen glimpses as she had sat down or gotten up from her seat at meal times was just not enough. He missed talking with her and knew he was going to have to instigate a meeting somehow or soon lessons and assignments would suffer.

He rolled over and groaned as he looked at the clock, got out of bed and after getting dressed grabbed his broom and bat and headed out of Hufflepuff house. Skipping breakfast didn't really bother him, he'd grab a bigger lunch later and first flight on a full stomach usually caused him to hurl a bit. Walking out on to the pitch he grinned.
"Hey Violet" he winked as he got closer, he recognised the other girl from the common room but the young boy he had no clue of but greeted both anyhow.

"We seem to have a good day for the try-outs" he said swinging the beaters bat in his hand and leaning on the shaft of his broom.

((lol Raffaelo, it was just me there :p ))

Violet grinned at the three new people who showed up - a second year who promptly introduced himself as Raffaelo, Riley, a fifth yeah girl who'd transferred last year and seemed lovely, and Danny, who was a transfer and and in her year level. She wasn't sure how many people would show up, but she'd probably give priority to the older students. Of course, there was always room for extras and she hoped that everyone who tried out would get a game. "Good to see you guys here!" Violet said, nodding at the three of them. "I guess you guys just want to get straigt in to it, so you can take to the skies right away if you want and warm yourselves up while I wait for the others," she said. She couldn't really start much until the others showed up, but she'd hopefully get this done quickly so everyone - including herself - could get back to studying.

Riley smiled and was pleased they got a chance to warm up before the others arrived. She donned her gloves and mounted her broom, taking to the skies with ease. She wasn't knew to Quidditch, she had played in all of her previous years in Hogwarts America and couldn't wait to play for Hogwarts New Zealand. Swooping up and down she passed another two people, a younger boy and a slightly older one too. She hoped she would get chosen, chaser was her preffered position but if it wasn't available she would be happy to take another.

(oops sorry I thought Stephen was there, my apologies)

Raffaelo saw two more students coming, a beautiful young lady and a attractive guy who seems to be older than him. He smiled at the two then started to position himself with he's broomstick. As he heard the signal to warm-up he begun to lift off the ground. Of course it wasn't he's first time to fly, he could feel the air rushing through his face. Raffaelo loves high places and wasn't scared to fall as long as there was no injuries.

Rather than being scared because he was the youngest among the three he was more of excited actually to be there. He promised to give he's best to hopefully join the team.

(I'm here now :p )
Stephen couldn’t be more than pumped about this year. It was his last year at Hogwarts, true, but he could tell that it would be a good year. He was Co-Captain of the Hufflepuff Quidditch Team; something he never thought would have happened but he had taken the position with honour and would try his best to hold the title. He was also being scouted for a few big Quidditch Teams – so this Quidditch season was important to him, he wanted so badly to join a Pro Quidditch Team after he graduated. Finally, the best thing he could think of about this year was Becky, the girl that he had the hugest of crushes on since the moment he laid eyes on her had returned his feelings. He couldn’t help but smile whenever he thought of her and that day by the rosebush, it was all too perfect. The only down side her could think of about this year was his NEWTs.

Entering the Quidditch Pitch he saw that a few people were there already. Sprinting up toward Violet he looked at the ones already in the sky, “Either I’m late or they’re eager.” he said with a laugh. “So what’s on the agenda today?” he asked as he picked up the Quaffle and started to toss it about.[/url]

Patricia made her way down to the Quidditch Pitch, glad that Quidditch was up and running this year – needing a distraction from everything that was going on in her life recently. Tugging on her Hufflepuff hoddie a bit she was glad that it was still cold enough in New Zealand to wear it as she didn’t want to have to explain to her team mates why she had a massive tattoo on her back of her family crest just yet. Walking up to Violet and Stephen she smiled at them, “Hey guys! So just a few warm ups first?” she asked, dropping her beaters bat at her feet.

Dannii walked down to the quidditch pitch with her moontrimmer in hand. She had finally worked up the nerve to try out for the team and get started on her draem to become a pro quidditch player. Dannii entered the pitch and saw that a few others were already there, and was happy to see she wasn't the youngest, there was even a second year. The knot that had formed in Dannii's stomach losened a little and a smile apeared on her face. Dannii walked over to where everyone else was on the pitch, "Hey everyone" she said sounding much more confident then she was actually feeling. Dannii hadn't realized how hard she was gripping her broom until she switched it to the other hand and her left stayed in a clutching motion.

Beau was stoked! Today was the day for quidditch try-outs, and he couldn't wait to get onto the field! He'd been awake all night fantasizing about how he'd be the greatest player ever to grace the skies, and be everyone's hero, and had of course, slept in that morning. Tumbling out of bed, he ran out of his dorm room, got to the common room, turned and rushed back upstairs to get dressed. That happened way too often. Beau was easily excited.

Careening through the halls and making daring jumps from moving staircases, he made it outside and sprinted for the quidditch pitch, determined not to be late, and wishing he had his own broom so he could fly there instead of running. Pausing briefly outside the supply shed, he accioed a school broom to his hand, jumped on and zipped over to where Violet Bellamy and Stephen Duquette were standing. He knew who they were, of course, because he'd watched every single game in his first year, and he was in absolute awe of them. "Hi-sorry-I'm-late-I-slept-in-and-I-forgot-to-get-dressed-and-I-had-to-run-and-I-don't-have-my-own-broom-and-I'm-Beau-and-you-guys-are-awesome!" he garbled without stopping to catch his breath. Shaking his head and laughing when he realised how silly it had sounded, he started again, "Hi, I'm Beau Karhunlappi! Sorry if I'm late, I had uh, uniform issues." He looked down at his baggy grey jeans and black and yellow rugby jersey. He wished he'd thought to bring gloves. It was fresh out and he knew it'd get cold up in the air.

Riley swooped gracefully down to the ground and dismounted her broom with ease. She noticed a few more pwople had arrived, a few of them she knew, some looked quite young. She smiled and joined the gathering of excited students waiting for Violet to tell them what they were starting with. "Hey everyone" Riley said, pulling her hair back a little tighter, looking down at her watch the small blonde sighed. Sam wasn't here yet, she was sure he would be though, he was as keen as she was to play.

Sam knew that today was the Quidditch try-outs, and to be honest he couldn't bloody wait. He had to suffer all of last year without a single match and although he had slowly gotten through that he now felt like this Quidditch season was going to go exceptionally well for the 'Puffs. Sam awoke by the annoying ringing of his alarm clock and glanced at it quickly to be beyond sickened at what he saw, you have got to be joking me?! Sam slammed down his alarm clock in fustration and quickly got dressed. He was pretty sure he broke the damn thing because as he left his dorm he could hear a slight buzzing coming from it.

With his worn Emerald Streak in one hand, Sam walked down the Quidditch Pitch sleepily. How he could have slept it in was beyond him. The newly appointed prefect gave a small wave as he came closer to the crowd. There was quite a good turn out this year, some familiar faces, some unfamiliar. Among these faces however, was Riley. He smiled briefly at her before acknowledging everyone else. "Hey! Sorry I'm late...." Sam apologised moreso to Violet to anyone else. He dug his broom into the grass, eager to start trying out for the new team.

As Raffaelo was up in the sky, he then noticed ants started to arrive. As he came closer they were no ants but only students who just arrived. He laughed inside thinking how foolish of him to think of that weird idea. He then decided to fly a bit low to greet the newly arrived students who will be joining the try-outs. "Hi there" he just said trying to be all calm. Raffaelo loves the wind rushing through he's face. He then waited for the Captain's instructions.

Riley couldn't help but blush as Sam threw her one of his sigbature smiles as he arrived at the pitch. She wondered how many more students would be coming she couldn't think of many more who would be that interested. Mind you she didn't know as many people as others, being a transfer from Hogwarts America. Riley waved a little at Sam, cursing herself for looking like such a boy today, she never did like to take her mothers advice. "Hey Sam" she greeted before turning to Violet and Stephen. "How many more are you expecting?" the blonde asked out of curiosity, placing her Sienna storm down at her feet.

Although this was only her second year at Hogwarts New Zealand, Riley already felt like she had made so many new friends she coukd hardly believe it when she looked back on the past year. Although they had a break from Quidditch, Riley had still managed to practise every week and keep on her A game, she wanted Hufflepuff to have a little extra advantage that they would get from hard work and determination. She had met a few new friends during her practises, oe of which was Libby, Riley hoped she would come and try out, she knew Libby woulr be great for the team.

Beau looked around. He recognised everyone there from seeing them around the common room and at the Hufflepuff dining table, but he didn't know everyone's names. Sam and Danny he knew from the boys' party in Alex's dorm in first year, and he knew Kat was Kiera's sister, but he'd never really spoken to any of them. Well, they'd probably heard him speaking. He rarely shut up.

"So what do we do to try out? I've never actually played before, but I've watched every school game and I think I've figured out how to play. I'm a great flyer though. And I know what all the quidditch balls are called, and I know the positions, I've just never done the actual playing thing before. Is that okay? I bet I'll be good. I'm good at other sports. I played rugby and cricket and basketball at muggle school. I'll pick this up real fast." It was true, Beau was a quick learner, unless what he had to learn was from books. Then he had no luck. More than anything, though, he was enthusiastic and optimistic. As much as he'd wanted to be a Gryffindor back in first year, he was a Hufflepuff at heart. The thing he believed in most was FUN.

Stephen watched as the pitch got more and more busy; he was starting to get over whelmed, not sure how Violet was able to do this on her own. It wasn’t before long that the people in the sky had come down and there was a million and one questions being thrown at them, figuring they should get started and not wanting a headache Stephen put his broom under his arm and whistled as loudly as he could to get everyone’s attention. “Okay guys! First of all, on behalf of myself and Violet, I’d like to welcome you to Quidditch Try-Outs.” he paused for a moment to make sure everyone was still listening. “So basically today we want to see how you fair out in the positions you want to play on the team. Now to any returning players your position is still safe but we want you to show us that you still got it, got it?” he said with a small smirk. “With that being said, I’m returning Chaser and Violet here is returning as Keeper. So let’s get started, shall we? Simple inform us of who you are and what position you want to try out as and we’ll release the necessary ball for you.” he said with a smile, waiting for the first person to come up he saw Violet fly off to the hoops.
OK, simple enough. Tell us who you are and what position you are trying out for and RP your tryout. You can god mod me releasing the quaffle/bludger/snitch and chasers can god-mod Violet at the hoops, all within moderation of course ;)

As a group of people started to gather around at the pitch Patricia took to the skies so she could clear her head before the try-outs started. When she heard a loud whistle from below she looked down and saw everyone starting to gather around Violet and Stephen, so she lowered her broom and touched down on the grass beside the rest of the Hufflepuffs. She listened to Stephens words and grinned widely as she found out that the returning team members got to keep their old positions after a small demo of sorts. She was a little worried that there was three beaters on the team but she wouldn’t mind being chaser if need be. When Stephen told them to start she stepped forward, eager to start. “Hi, I’m Patricia Styx and returning as Beater, or Chaser if need be, I’ve done both a few times.” she informed Stephen with a smile, having done every position besides Seeker, she was a well rounded Quidditch Player.

With her broom in hand and her beaters bat in the other she kicked off and circled about a bit as she got used to the weight of the bat once more, something which was easier after all the practice she had with it beforehand. Signalling to Stephen to release the bludgers she awaited them. As she watched them being released she started to build herself up for the task ahead. When the bludgers shot into the air Patricia immediately focused in on them. She watched them fly about a bit before she started to fly around a bit so she could get closer to them - hardly noticing the weight of the bat any more she raced ahead to the direction of the bludgers.

As she flew about she saw a bludger coming towards her she narrowed her eyes at it, collecting all her strength and anger into the centre of the bludger. Seeing the bludger get closer and closer she raised the bat above her head and as soon as it was close enough she let the bat fall and with an almighty force she hit the bludger in the very centre. Smirking as she heard a loud clack noise echo through the empty sky, Patricia watched as the bludger flew into the distance. Once she made sure it wasn't going to fly back at her she swiftly turned her broom in a circle and flew off so she could check around for the other bludger.

Flying around aimlessly as she waited for the other bludger to show itself she began to wonder where it was. Behind her she heard a swooshing noise, turning round she saw a bludger heading straight for her. With her instincts kicking in she immediately leaned down on her broom so she was just below the bludger. Flying out to the side a little and pulling up on her broom she was able to position herself behind it. Tailing the bludger until she was within hitting distance of it she raised her bat arm and with another swing she hit the bat with as much force as she could muster.

With a satisfied sigh she lowered her broom until she was on the ground and dismounted it. Dropping the bat at her feet she sat down on the grass she lay back, with her eyes on the sky - content.

Riley listened intently to Stephen and decided she might as well go first. She had thought she would try out for the part of Chaser, but that morning she had decided against it. With the absence of one of her best friends Leia, Riley had decided she would try out for the part of seeker, the position that her friend had held before leaving just last year. "I'll be trying out for seeker, but I wouldn't mind being chaser if that suits" Riley said confidently, knowing that being on the Quidditch team was what she really wanted most out of her school years at Hogwarts. She had played both positions a few times at Hogwarts in Britain and she knew she could also be good to take over Leia as seeker, as she looked around and concluded she looked to be the lightest person at the tryouts. The small girl nodded to Stephen who then released the golden snitch.

Riley allowed the snitch a three second advantage as she mounted her Sienna Storm and kicked up off the ground. She immediately arrived in the centre of the pitch, searching for the prized snitch she hovered and allowed her eyes to adjust. She flew around the pitch in a large circle, her eyes darting backwards and forwards. When she was on the South end of the pitch, she saw it fluttering over by the North goal hoops, so immediately she leaned forward against her broom and flew as fast as she could towards the gold ball. As soon as she reached her hand out to grab it, the snitch proved it had a mind of its own and flew lurched forward, Riley pulled her broom upwards, avoiding crashing right into the nearby hoop. The snitch was now out of sight and Riley took a minute to compose herself, closing her eyes for just a second before opening them, ready and alert.

It was almost as though she could hear the wings of the snitch flapping as she zoned in on it, a wee way in the distance. She sped up and flew straight towards it, getting that snitch was all she was thinking about. As she came closer to it she watched as it noticed her presence, she couldn't let it get away now. Reaching out her hand the snitch flew behind her and flapped its wings behind her shoulder. She turned her broom gracefully and stared right at the snitch before grabbing it into her small palm. "Gotcha!" she said, the snitch had been too close to speed away from her that time.

Regaining her breath Riley slowly flew down to the ground and landed softly, placing her Sienna Storm at her feet. "Here you go" she said smiling, and reluctantly handing the snitch over to Stephen. It wasn't the first snitch she had caught and she certainly hoped it wouldn't be the last. Hopefully if she got selected for seeker she would do Leia proud. She sure was going to miss her friend. Walking towards the stands Riley smiled and removed her gloves. She sat down next to Sam and waited for the next student to be brave enough to have a go.

As the other students started to approach the place Raffaelo was a bit more excited. He then listened to the other guy who remains to him unknown. "Raffaelo Menzure, trying out for chaser or if I have lots of luck today maybe a seeker? he said smiling to himself. It's been his first time to try-out for Qudditch and Raffaelo waited this moment to be in the team hopefully after the try-out today. He looked right to left then noticed all the students seems to be confident and cheery as he was. Unsure what the guy would unleash, it was either the Snitch or the Quaffle. He knew he was ready to play Quidditch. Making a eye contact with him for him to release the snitch first. Raffaelo's eyes were on the snitch as if it was a price to win. He then started to fly up searching where the snitch was. As fast as he could he saw it, trailing it as it moves fast. Hoping he could could catch it at a minimum of time.

Raffaelo could feel the air rushing through his face but that didn't stop him from getting the snitch. It want downward, he quickly changed his position then came down immediately. Only a few inches a way he stretched his hand to get the snitch but it came farther away. He kicked his legs hoping it could make any help for him. Then once again he grabbed the snitch with he's two hand, his legs gripping the broom tightly. At last the snitch is inside his two hands. "Done" he said looking at the guy as he smirked. He also wanted to try-out for the chaser. He looked at him and nodded giving him the signal to unleash the Quaffle next.

Raffaelo wasn't tired at all he knew it was just the beginning. As the ball was tossed up he started to chase it as quickly as he can. He stared at loop holding the Quaffle looking if there was someone blocking it. He wasn't sure if the other player was somehow guarding the loop or just simply staying there. So Raffaelo decided to shoot the Quaffle as hard as he can giving all he's strength, to he's suprise the ball entered the hoop. Raffaelo smiled again then looked at the boy somehow giving him a eye signal asking him whats next for him.

Sam tried to avoid eye contact with Riley but as she flew into the air he couldn't take his eyes off her. He was glad that she couldn't see him gawking goofily at her as she flew around the pitch. When she finished her try out and sat beside him, Sam managed to give her a small smile before turning back to watch the boy who decided to have a go next. As he observed the boys try-out he allowed himself to glance at Riley the odd time. After that boy, Sam decided it'd be his turn and he slowly stood up after the boy landed on the grass. "I'm going to try out for Chaser this year, although of course I'll do Beater if you guys want." Sam told both Stephen and Violet as he mounted his broom.

He kicked off after Violet although hovered in the air, waiting for Stephen to throw him the Quaffle. After catching the throw Sam tore off, rising higher and higher. The adrenaline that he got from flying never wore off of him. He flew down the pitch with the Quaffle tucked tightly under his arm. Sam watched Violet on the opposite side of the pitch before zooming straight ahead to the familiar hoops. As he came closer to the goals he leaned down on his broom, the speed of it quickly rising. Sam continued to eye Violet as he entered the goals area. He skillfully pulled his broom back to an immediate stop and with one quick movement let the Quaffle roll down his arm only to catch it and swing it into the right hoop with all of his strength. The Quaffle brushed against Violets fingertips but flew directly into the hoop as Sam suspected. He didn’t let it get to his head however and he dipped steeply to catch the Quaffle before it hit the ground. Sam then turned his broom around and rose higher into the air. He made sure to leave himself enough distance to build up speed for another attempt at the goals.

With the Quaffle tucked tightly under his arm once more Sam sped up to Violet hoping he could get the Quaffle in again. His eyes narrowed as he came closer to the goals, he flew in a zig zagged pattern and once he was close enough to the goals he aimed the Quaffle into the left hoop. However Violet skillfully got there first and caught it easily. He wasn’t all that surprised, she was an extremely diligent Keeper. Sam reached out to catch the Quaffle from her and began flying further away this time. He had to get it in this time, two out of three wouldn’t be that bad. Now in the SE region, Sam took in a slow breath before tearing off at the great speed, that was so easy to reach by the Emerald Streak. The Quaffle was held loosely under his arm as he flew faster and faster, the wind whipping against his face. Sam flew into the goals area at an angle and threw the Quaffle directly up into the air and with the tail of his broom whacked the Quaffle in perfect time, towards the middle hoop.

It was a move that Sam had perfected last year after seeing one of the Chasers from the Chudley Cannons use it. As it flew into the hoop Sam threw his fist into the air,it was a tricky move to pull and Sam was delighted it had suceeded. “Thanks Violet,” Sam shouted over to Violet for participating in his try-out before he descended to the ground feeling pretty content with his try-out. Sam then eagerly joined Riley on the grass and waited for the next Hufflepuff to have a go.

Beau waited impatiently for a few other players to try out before he stood up confidently. "Hey everyone, I'm Beaumont Karhunlappi. You can just call me Beau if you want. I'm trying out for whatever position. I really don't mind. I don't really wanna be seeker though, I think the two who already tried for that are really good. I think I'd like to be a beater, like Fred and George Weasley. They're my heroes, even though one of them is dead. But I'll be a chaser if you want me to. I don't have my own broom, so I can't fly as fast as Sam. These school brooms are kinda slow sometimes. But anyway, how about I try for beater and see what happens?" It didn't even seem to Beau as if he had said much at all. That was nothing compared to when he really got going!

He mounted the school broom and pushed off, forgetting to take a beater's bat with him. When he remembered, he turned sharply and shot back down to the ground, tucking himself low and hanging off to the side so he could scoop a bat off the ground on the fly. Holding onto the broom loosely with his left hand, he hefted the bat in his right, adjusting it until it was balanced correctly. It felt quite different from his cricket bat at home, but nonetheless, it was a bat in his hand, and Beau was a natural sportsman. He swung it a couple of times to feel its weight, while keeping an eye on the nasty looking bludgers Stephen had set free. One of them was still headed off towards the north end, while the other seemed to be going straight into the air. As it arced high above him, he noticed the first one make a loop around the northern goalposts and head straight for him. He grinned. This would be good. The one coming down would reach him first, he calculated, and he'd just have time to recover before the one coming from the north would be upon him. Adjusting his position on the broom, he rose a little higher, to meet the first bludger.

Suddenly, it was right there, and Beau held his broom tightly as his bat arm swung back. Mustering all the power he could, he aimed a neat blow at the falling bludger. He felt the connection right up in his shoulder and it felt good! He was sure he'd be sore tomorrow, but that didn't matter now. Letting his broom swing around with his momentum for a moment, he suddenly pulled it to a halt and raised his bat above his head. The second bludger was on him and he dropped the bat on it with all his might. It shot towards the ground, which it hit with a thud, and stayed there, half buried in the half-frozen mud. Beau grinned. Not bad, even if he said so himself. He was busy congratulating himself when the first bludger came seemingly out of nowhere and knocked the tail end of his broom with speed. Beau held on tight as he went into a spin, not sure which way was up. He tucked his body close to the broom and let his legs loosen their grip. By sticking one of them out, he should be able to slow his spin, he thought.

It took a while for Beau to regain control of his broomstick, but he was proud he hadn't fallen off. Shaking off the dizziness, he sent a huge grin at Stephen and dropped back to the earth. "Wasn't expecting that. I'll have to keep my eyes open in future. It was fun though," he began chattering again, dropped the beater's bat on the ground and sat himself down, talking away while waiting to watch the next person try out.

Katheryn Kingsley was almost late to her final Quidditch practice of her Hogwarts career. She hurried on to the pitch slightly behind the rest of her house. It was a good day for Quidditch even though it was still slightly chilly outside. At least it wasn't snowing today.

Kat nodded her head as the Captain say they would now start tryouts. Kat knew there many other people trying out for Chaser. Katheryn thought her chances were fairly good. She had been selected as a starting Chaser in two preceeding years. Not to mention her older sister was an excellent chaser and had toughened Kat up so that she could learn several of her tricky moves. No doubt that would come in handy on the pitch.

Her blue eyes turned to Stephan. She knew the other boy though they weren't close. She smiled at him. "Katheryn Kingsley. I will be trying out for chaser." she said. Katheryn mounted her broom with a renewed confidence. She decided it was best for her to warm up first. She did three high speed laps around the pitch. She relaxed completely as she felt the wind whip through her hair. It was important for chasers to have quick flight patterns and skills. Finally, Kat dropped to the ground and picked up a quaffle.

Katheryn tucked the ball under her arm with a focused mind. She intended to get every shot she got through the hoops. The first few attempts at the hoop were fairly easy. She just needed a bit of slight flying. Kat was great at faking shots. However, she needed to do something more impressive if she wanted to assure her spot on the team.

Katheryn carefully stood up on her broom. She had excellent balance and grace from her years of ballet. This was going to be something that she had persuaded Kiera to teach her. She narrowed in on the hoops. She winked at the keeper as it looked as if she was heading straight for the middle hoop. At the last second, Kat did a front tuck. She had launched the Quaffle through the far right hoop right as she jumped. The tuck distracted the keeper. By the time that she saw her shot, it was too late to save the ball. Kat beamed as it soared right through.

Kat returned to the ground, taking a seat on the grass as she waited on the next person to try out.

Dannii waited for a few people to go before her, they were all really good. The knot in Dannii's stomach which had been slowly relazing was now as tight as ever as she watched Sam, Beau, and Katheryn each take their turns. Come on Dannii, don't chicken out now! This is your dream, go for it! she tried giving herself a pep-talk in her head. Surprisingly it helped a little, once Katheryn finished Dannii decied that she would go now, or never. Dannii stood up with her broom in one hand and her beaters bat in the other, "I'm Dannii Merrythought and I'll be trying out for beater" Dannii said faking confidence.

Dannii waited for Stephen to give the go ahead before kicking off the ground and flying high in the air. She hovered there for a few seconds before nodding to Stephen to release the bludgers. Dannii held up her beaters bat in her left hand while gripping the broom with her right. She watched as the two black balls flew around to the other end of the pitch before zooming right towards her. Okay Dannii, this is just like soccer... Except you have to hit them with a bat... and these balls can kill you. No! Stop that right now! she told herself as she concintraited on the bludgers that were getting closer and closer. The one that was closest zoomed right by Dannii by a centimeter but to other was comming right for her. Dannii timed it just right and with all the strengh she could get hit the ball with a loud crack sending it soaring off in the other direction. Dannii turned around just as the other one was headed for her and did the very same to it. Dannii smiled and flew down to the ground her left arm feeling a little weak. Dannii hopped of her broom and went to go sit with the others who had already tried out. At this point Dannii didn't care if she made the team or not, at least she had tried out. But it would be really cool if I made it... she told herself watching the skies.

Stephen watched the try outs take place from down on the ground. He had to admit he was impressed with some of the skills people had in their desired positions for the Quidditch Team. He was glad a few of the old hands had returned to the Team for this year as they were just as good as himself and Violet at helping some of the new members during practice and the games if need be. When another person touched the ground Stephen called out, "Alright, who's next?" whilst looking down at his clipboard, making sure he had everyone down so far as well as what position they were trying out for.
Just for my reference said:
Keeper: Violet Bellamy

Seeker: Riley Alexandra (Or Chaser)
Raffaelo Menzure (Or Chaser)

Chasers: Stephen Duquette
Sam Prince (Or Beater)
Katheryn Kingsley

Beaters: Patricia Styx (Or Chaser)
Beaumont Karhunlappi (Or Chaser)
Dannii Merrythought
Danny Boyd(?)

OK basically guys this is last call out for anyone who wants to try out for the team. We'll try and get the final positions out as soon as possible

Users who are viewing this thread

Back