Bad day

Ford Harkonnen

Wand
It's made of wood, I suppose
Ford stalked down the hallway after leaving his transfigurations lesson: the previous day he had gotten in a rather large argument with Sophia on the lawn and still was in a mood. The winter wind pounded the exterior windows, rattling them in their frames. Ford looked outside, What a shitty day. He thought, again reverting to his muggle swear words out of habit, Good.

As he rounded a corner, a voice shouted at him, "Haha! Avast!" And a pitted silver halberd thunked into the ground in front of him. Ford looked evenly at the suit of armor that belonged to the weapon, "Odin's missing eye," he swore, "Will you move that waste of metalwork that you call a weapon?"

"Avast!" Was the only response he got.

"I thought so," Ford sighed angrily and tried stepping over the halberd, but the weapon was raised to block him, "Riddle's nipple... what is your malfunction?"

Courtney quickly ran out of her last Transfiguration lesson of the school year. Exams were approaching, and she wanted to get to the library to start going over the notes she had written in class. Just as she was about to walk along the corner of the corridor, Courtney spotted Ford a few feet ahead.

What in the Blast-Ended Snake does Avast mean? Courtney thought to herself as she watched the suit of armor drop some sort of weapon in front of Ford. Courtney continued to watch the scene from behind the corner, and accidently giggled loudly when the suit of armor would not let Ford pass by.

Ford cringed as he heard the worst of all possible sounds: a girl's giggle. Ford straightened up and turned very stoically over the sounds of the suit of armor's continual pseudo-challenges of 'haha!' and 'avast!'.

"Yes?" He stated flatly, Ford was in no mood to be giggled at.

Courtney quickly clasped her hands over her mouth. Ford had obviously heard her giggle at the events that were taking place. Crap! Now what am I supposed to do?

Courtney slowly stepped stepped around the corner of the corridor and gave Ford an apologetic shrug. "So, I guess the suit of armor is not friendly, then?"

Ford eyed the Ravenclaw girl warily, "That would be an...adequate assessment for the time being."

"Avast!"

"Oh, piss off you," Ford snapped at the suit, then returned his gaze to Courtney, "Although, it's motivation seems to be that it wishes to be the largest annoyance it can manage." He cocked his head at the girl, it had been a while since he had spoken to her. He had been dating Kaela at the time, I wonder whatever happened to her, he thought.

Courtney smirked at Ford when the suit of armor decided to continue to say "Avast!" She stepped a few inches closer to where the suit of armor was waving around the weapon. I wonder if it will let me by..?

Courtney took one more step, in attempts to pass the waving thing that was blocking the corridor, when the handle of it smacked her shin. "Ouch, you stupid piece of junk!" Courtney shouted as she kicked at the now motionless weapon before backing away from it.

"I can see where you're coming from by calling it an annoyance." Courtney crossed her arms, truly at a loss for what to do. At this rate, I'll never get to the library. "Do you think that it will let us by if we use some sort of charm?"

"Perhaps," Ford pondered aloud, then was quickly whacked in the arm by the suit, "Haha! Avast!" Ford's bag dropped to the ground, "Bloody Hell!"

He flourished his wand, "What say you? Would locomotor work in this instance?" He asked Courtney, the pretentiousness in his voice lost, having given way to determination.

Courtney pulled her Bloodwood wand out of the pocket of her sweater and pointed it in the direction of the suit of armor. "Locomotor could work, if not, we could try the hovering and banishing charms."

She kept her eyes on Ford, anxious to see what he would do next.

"Good ideas," Ford said and pointed his wand at the weapon, "Locomotor...halberd!" He incanted vainly, as the weapon didn't budge. At least I remembered what the thing is called, Ford thought, recalling endless days spent at the library. "Locomotor halberd," he tried again.

"Haha!" The suit countered and hit Ford in the forehead with the broadside of the weapon. Ford fell on his back, dazed, "Ow." He said dryly.

Halberd? Courtney thought, still standing with her wand pointing at the suit. Is that what the weapon is called?

She watched with wide eyes as Ford tried to move the Halberd for a second time, gasping when the suit laughed and hit Ford on the head with it's weapon. Courtney quickly shoved her wand back in her pocket, not wanting to see what else this pesky suit of armor would do upon being hit with another spell.

"You alright there, Ford?" Courtney asked the fallen fourth year Slytherin. "Need a hand up?"

"When all these lights go away," Ford said in a lazy drawl and shut his eyes, he tried pushing himself off the ground, but his arm instantaneously gave way, "But yes."

Courtney was in the process of reaching out her arm to help Ford up, when she heard another "Haha!" from the suit of armor. She slowly turned her head around and glared at it, wondering if there could possibly be someone inside of it tricking them. No, nobody would do that.

Ford opened his eyes and slowly propped himself up on his elbows. He tried going further, but the world started spinning, "Oh no," he croaked and held down vomit. Steadying himself on one elbow, he held his wand out towards the suit, "Plainero!" He incanted after some concentration.

Suddenly his wand and arm felt locked in with the long weapon that had until now been waving about the corridor and a very cavalier fashion, and was now staying steady with his arm motions. The suit gave the confused cry of, "Avast?!" And seemingly tried to move his halberd to no avail.

"Got it, y-," Ford began, but the world began spinning again, "The Nine Hells," Ford drawled and rolled back onto the floor.

Courtney watched with horror as Ford once again aimed his wand at the suit of armor's halberd. What is he doing? Does Ford not realize that thing smacked him in the head after his attempted spell?

After hearing Ford say the incantation of the Hovering Charm, Courtney closed her eyes, not prepared for what the suit of armor could do with it's weapon. But when she heard a confused cry of "Avast?!", she opened her eyes to see the suit trying to move it's hovering weapon with no success.

Courtney was tempted to laugh at the suit of armor, but then realized that Ford was still on the floor of the corridor. "Um Ford, are you alright?"

"Perhaps in a moment," Ford said and took a deep breath, "This is one of the most annoying things I've ever met in this castle." (Haha!) Ford held his hand up, hoping for Courtney to help him up, and took deep breaths.

"Yeah, it is annoying. Too bad it didn't block us from walking to class instead of walking out of class." Courtney mused, before reaching out and grabbing Ford's hand to help him get up. "Take it easy, dude."

Ford grabbed Courtney's hand and pulled himself up. He steadied himself on the wall, and the world slowly stopped spinning, "Why don't you try?" Ford said woozily, "I'm going to try to stand up for a minute." He pulled off the wall momentarily, Bad idea!

Courtney nodded at Ford to make sure that he would be okay standing against the wall. She grimaced when he suggested her to try a spell on the suit of armor, but pulled out her wand again anyways. "Expelliarmus!" Courtney shouted, but as she flourished her wand, Ford made an attempt to remove himself from the wall. This caused her to aim at the wall instead of the suit of armor, and she watched her spell bounce off the corridor wall with a frown.

Unfortunately, this had caused the suit of armor to "Haha!" at them once again.

Ford watched the spell bounced down the hallway, This armor is going down, he thought to himself stubbornly. Once again, he tried to stand, and had more success this time around. He looked at the suit, and leveled his wan at the weapon, "Plainero!"

Once again, the sensation of being locked in with the halberd returned. Careful to take his time, Ford picked up his pack, "There we go," he said and quickly walked to the other side of the weapon and waited for Courtney before releasing his hold on the target.

Courtney followed Ford's lead and made her way around the hovering halberd. Before moving onwards down the corridor, she turned to face the suit of armor. "Haha!" Courtney laughed at it, making sure to stick out her tongue as well.

"Good job!" Courtney said and gave Ford a small applause. "Who would have guessed the Hovering Charm would be so handy?"

Ford snickered at Courtney's comment and looked over to the suit of armor, which was now pleading, "Avast?" He flicked his wand, releasing the spell, at which point the suit shouted, "Haha!" With renewed vigor. Ford shook his head in an aloof manner, "To where were you headed?"

Courtney took a few quick steps ahead when Ford released the suit of armor's weapon. She wasn't going to take any chances as to where the halberd could be swung. "Where am I headed? I was hoping to get a bit of studying done in the library. Whereabouts are you going?"

"I don't really recall," Ford thought after musing for a moment on that subject. Stupid armor. "Mind if I study too, I need to get some in," he asked dryly.

"Of course I wouldn't mind if studied!" Courtney answered while walking along the corridor. "That is, if you think you'll be able to concentrate right after being smacked on the heard with a...Halberd. Anyways, maybe we can compare notes. You know the saying, two heads are better than one?"

"I should be alright; the world has stopped spinning," Ford said. ("Avast!") He slung his pack over his shoulder, "Shall we go?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back