Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Swishy Walnut Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
It wasn't often Ava had a bad day. It wasn't often that she was anything other than bright and bubbly and talking much too much. But every once in a while, it still happened. And today was one of those rare days. She knew why, of course. Ava had been avoiding anyone who might care to ask why. She'd been wandering aimlessly a few hours. When she came back to herself, she found she was standing in the art room. She chalked it up to being in here on a regular basis. Force of habit.

Today, though, she didn't feel like painting. She trudged over to the grand piano, running her fingers over the bench before sitting down. She didn't play a lot, but she did keep in practice. She didn't want to forget what her grandmother had taught her. Taking a seat, Ava began to play her feelings. She was engrossed in her music and didn't hear anyone coming in behind her. As she began to let her feelings out in song, a single tear slipped down her cheek.

With the amount of work on his plate this year, Kauri's plans to get back into practicing the guitar had completely flopped. He had barely touched the instrument all year, with prefect duties and OWL revision, and clubs and friends, and now the hope of a girlfriend. Life just never seemed to let up, but after spending hours going through years and years of Charms notes, Kauri knew he needed a break. He had set the revision aside for the moment and picked up his guitar, deciding to spend a little time unwinding in the arts room. Maybe that would help clear his head, so he could focus better on his studies.

As Kauri approached the room it wasn't difficult to hear that someone was already in there playing, but Kauri had come all the way down from the Gryffindor dorms, and he wasn't going to head back up without at least seeing if they wouldn't mind some companionship. Playing in front of someone else when he was so rusty was a bit embarrassing, but maybe a duet would help him focus. Stepping into the room, Kauri smiled at the girl at the piano. "Hey, that was really good." He said happily when she finished playing. "Do you mind if I join you?"

Ava jumped when she heard someone speak behind her. She turned, putting on the brightest smile she could muster. "H-hello!" She grinned. It felt fake, but hopefully, the visitor didn't notice that. "Thank you for the compliment." She tucked her hair behind her ear. "I didn't hear you come in." She held out her hand, determined to at least pretend to be happier than she felt. "Avaria Lockwood," She introduced herself. "What's your name?"

She turned in her seat and patted the piano bench next to her. "Company is always welcome. It's easy to get lonely in such a big school," She pouted a bit before forcing a giggle. "I don't think we've ever met," She continued, chattering away too much as she always did.

Kauri had thought the girl could see him, but it quickly became clear he had startled her. He smiled apologetically, not wanting to scare anyone, but was relieved when the girl quickly seemed to perk up. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." Kauri smiled, shaking the extended hand when she introduced herself. "I'm Kauri, it's nice to meet you!" He said cheerfully, trying to place why her name seemed familiar.

Kauri sat down on a separate chair rather than the offered bench space, not wanting his guitar to crowd the girl too much as he started getting it out of its case. He felt a little sad for Avaria as she said she felt lonely sometimes, glancing at her again. "That's true, I suppose. But if other people are lonely too it's an oppportunity to make more friends!" He said with a smile, trying to put a positive spin on it. Kauri nodded in agreement with her next statement. "I don't think so, but your name is kind of familiar." He paused, considering the options. "Are you a first year? Did you come on my tour at the start of the year?" He asked, making a vague connection with the girl who had cried on the day of the tour. He wasn't sure Avaria looked exactly the same, but it was difficult to tell when the girl at the start of the year had been so upset.

Ava giggled as he apologized. "It's okay, I spaced out a bit." She took her melancholy and firmly shut it behind a door in her mind. It would come back later, of course, but not during this conversation. "Kauri is such a cool name!" She watched as he sat down and pulled out his guitar. Ooh, it had been a while since she had done a duet. Maybe he'd be open to playing together? She shrugged as he talked about making more friends. "It's hard to tell who's lonely though!" She complained a little.

"Everyone seems to have lots of family here- siblings, cousins, aunt and uncles or parents. I don't have any family besides my Papa, and he works at the Ministry." She stuck her lip out and pouted. Her pout faded as he asked if she was a first year. She giggled brightly, determined to be happy. "Nope! I'm a second year Ravenclaw," She announced, placing a hand to her chest and sitting up straighter. "I like getting lost, so I'm afraid I didn't go to any tours of the castle. Sorry," She apologized, smiling up at him. "How old are you?" She asked in return. It would be nice to get to know someone else.

"Thanks!" Kauri smiled cheerfully at her compliment. He nodded sympathetically, giving the girl a small smile. "That's true, but I just like to assume everyone would like a new friend. It usually turns out to be the case." He said reassuringly, setting his guitar case aside now that he had freed the instrument itself. He listened to Avaria talk about her family, trying to think back to the start of the year. "Oh... sorry. I thought there was a girl with your last name who I showed around the castle this year." He said, trying to remember. It had been long enough that he was no longer certain of all the first years names, but he could have sworn the girl who had cried had been named Lockwood. He smiled in response to her question. "I'm fifteen, I'm a fifth year. Gryffindor, obviously." He added, gesturing to his prefect's badge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back