OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Kat had spent a great deal of time trying to find the perfect gift for each of her friends. Overall she thought she had done a pretty awesome job, but there was still one person that she just couldn't seem to get out of her mind and that person was the hardest to buy for. Kat had no clue what to get for Chace. She knew that he wouldn't be expecting anything from her and in return she expected nothing from him, not anymore anyways, but still the thought of not getting him a little something was bugging her beyond belief. Finally after weeks of thinking and searching she had found the perfect gift. It was really by some stroke of luck that she'd found it and to most people it would look like just a stupid piece of wood, but the meaning that it had behind it for her was something much much deeper.

Having sent an owl to Chace to please meet her in the spot where they first met, Kat grabbed the small brown gift box and headed down to the lawn. She found a nice spot of lush grass and plopped down, soaking up the sunlight. This was going to be a difficult gift to give, but technically she had given it a long time ago and now he would know that it really was his. With it she had a note that had one simple line written on it.

Because part of my heart always has been, still is, and always will be yours.

Chace hadn't heard from Kat in a great deal of time. Gryffindor's Kat. Despite his Hufflepuff friend's insistence to use her nickname, he could only really bring himself to call her Katheryn. He ended up confusing himself otherwise. When his old friend had sent him a letter to meet on the lawn, he could only comply. The Holidays at Hogwarts New Zealand did not herald a winter wonderland. Under the blazing sun was his first crush and first friend. "Hey, Kat. Long time no talk." Chace had seen her all right, but after the incident in the broom cupboard he struggled to contain his own awkwardness.

Kat looked up at the face of the one that she was in love with, but wasn't in love with her. It was a hard pill to swallow, but she managed...though it hurt like hell. Gaining her feet she held out the small gift box with the note attached to it. "I just thought you needed to know," was all she could manage to get out, along with a few tears escaping and flowing down her sunkissed cheeks.

Gently Chace took the box, not moving to open it just yet. He was much more concerned about his friend. How was he to go about stealing her tears and murdering her sorrow? "Kat..." he murmured, chasing after words, the right ones that were supposed to make everything better. Too bad he couldn't catch them. Setting the box at his feet, he went with his next conceivable course of action. Closing the distance between them, he wrapped his arms around her, staring into those beautiful blue eyes. Planting a kiss on her forehead- nothing too formal or intrusive- he smiled back at her. "Happy Christmas."

A huge lump formed in her throat as he said her name. She swallowed hard, fighting back the urge to just break down as she was enveloped by him. Finally Kat broke when he kissed her forehead and wished her a happy Christmas. Looking up at him, her blue eyes directly into his emerald ones, she said in a hushed tone, "It's taken me a long time to realize this because I was so mad at you, but...Chace I love you...I'm in love with you." Pulling herself free from him she wiped her face on the sleeve of her shirt before crossing her arms across her chest. "Happy Christmas Chace," Kat managed to get out before she finally turned and took off in a dead sprint towards the castle, tears flowing in a steady stream down her face. She had admitted it to him...it was out in the open and she couldn't take it back and maybe, just maybe every time he caught a glimpse of the gift she'd gotten him he'd remember that through it all Katalina Vanderhol always had, still did, and always would be in love with him...her heart was his for the taking.

I'm in love with you. The girl who had uttered those words left the stunned boy in her wake, with nothing but a box and a new quandary. He palmed the present, releasing it from its wrapping. Chace brushed the agate against his lips before enclosing it in his fist. There was no way he was going to let go of good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back