Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Curved 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Laurel Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Édelie was thrilled and bewildered by the fact that she was suddenly in her final year at Hogwarts. She had no idea what she was supposed to do after she graduated and felt torn in so many directions. The fact that she'd been made quidditch captain meant there might be some future for her in the sport, but her parents wanted her to meet a boy they thought would be a good partner for her. He was twenty-two and already had a job with the Spanish Ministry of Magic, but Édelie didn't feel like she wanted to settle down so quickly after school, even if it was a tradition in her family. Seeing as her other siblings had paved their own way, she knew her parents were relying on her to hold up appearances. Trying to shake off the thought, she look over at Paula as they sat up the lawn outside, soaking up the fall sun. "You should tryout for quidditch. It's actually a lot more fun than I thought," she said to her sister. Édelie was mostly worried for the youngest in their family. If she didn't follow with her parents' requests, it would likely be pushed off on Paula, and what kind of big sister would she be if she didn't protect the baby of the family from outdated traditions?

Paula was sucking on a grape as she sat on the lawn with Édelie. She had been thankful to spend more than half her time at Beauxbatons with some of her siblings, but as this was the last year, she wanted to embrace the time they had left. At the same time, it was going to be nice to be the only de la Mora left. No more easy comparisons between her and Amara or Édelie. She picked up some cheese and threw it in the air catching it easily in her mouth. "I don't know. I'm not really into it. I think I'd rather cheer or something. Too many rules," she laughed. "Besides, wouldn't it be nepotism or something if you let me on?" Paula was never into playing sports herself and would much rather be running off doing her own thing.

@Gabrielle Perrault

Gabrielle's break had been a good one. They usually were though and she hadn't done a whole lot different this time around than she normally did. Her family had spend some time in France before heading off to their second home in Norway, where she could start working her job again. She had mostly wanted to immediately forget the match they had played against hogwarts but even if they lost horrendously fast it had brought her something positive as well, since it helped her to get back in touch with one of her best friends. Which had been great. It was still a bit sad to now be back at school without the other girl around but at least now she knew the what and why. Deciding she desperately needed to soak up some more sun before her fifth year at the school would officially start Gaby had made her way outside, not surprised she wasn't the only one with that idea. She was just making her way around a couple of small groups of students to look for a good spot when she noticed one of her friends. "Édelie!" She waved when she had almost reached her friend, dropping right down on the grass next to the girls before giving both of them a big smile. "Hi."

Édelie rolled her eyes at Paula and took one of the cheese squares. "I mean, if you're actually good at it, that doesn't matter," she said, taking a bite and then second guessing herself. Before she could respond, she saw Gaby approaching and sat up. "Oh, hi Gaby! Do you know my sister, Paula?" She figured since they were only a year apart, they would at least recognize each other. Beauxbatons wasn't too big of a school so it was easy to see familiar faces every day. "How was your break?" Édelie asked her friend.

Paula thought about Édelie's offer for a moment and then shrugged. While she was decent on a broom, she just didn't think it was worth her time to constantly be practicing for a team. Before she could respond, a familiar face showed up, and Paula recognized her as an older student and a fellow teammate of her sister's. "Mucho gusto," she said, giving the girl a grin and she dug into more food.

Gaby looked at the other girl next to Édelie for a second when she asked her if they knew each other. "Not really." She smiled. She had seen the girl around before, sure, but that was about it. She didn't know her name, which became even more obvious when her friend mentioned the other girl being her sister. "Yes. Ditto." She laughed when Paula said something in spanish, not being entirely sure what she said but putting her hopes on it being some sort of greeting. She figured she'd find out soon enough if that wasn't the case. "It was good!" Gaby nodded when Édelie asked about her break. "I mean I got to meet up with one of my friends who left beauxbatons last year, which was nice. And then we went back to Norway, which isn't that interesting since I spend most time working." She laughed. Her job was cool and she liked it, but it didn't always make for the most interesting stories. Asides from some professional quidditch players wandering every now and then, but it felt like that didn't really count since her mom owned the shop and was friends with a bunch of them. "What about you guys? Did you go anywhere nice?"

Édelie listened as Gaby spoke about about her break. Her own family did their usual business, traveling between France and Spain to see all the relatives, but the seventh year very much wished she could have had a moment of relaxation before her final year at Beauxbatons. She knew the year would be quite busy, between quidditch and her NEWTs, and while her parents didn't find sports to be an acceptable excuse, she wanted to come out of Beauxbatons successful. "Are you from Norway?" she asked curiously, trying to remember if her friend had told her this information before. Édelie offered up their plate of snacks to Gaby. "Grape?"

Paula was surprised that Gaby had mentioned working, as she wasn't quite old enough herself to officially have a job. She babysat her cousins a lot, but seeing as they were family, her aunts and uncles didn't think they needed to pay her. "What do you do work?" she asked curiously, snagging another piece of cheese before Édelie removed the plate from her reach. "We just visit our families during the break. So, lots of time in Spain and then a little time at the house here. I think the best part was going to the beach, even though Barcelona is rather touristy." She giggled, knowing that some folks thought she was being judgemental, but it made a difference. Even though her family didn't live in Catalonia, she felt they had more claim to any part of Spain than other folks. "I'm excited to see you all play, by the way. Especially with Édelie in charge," Paula joked, winking at her sister.

Gaby laughed when both of the sisters asked her a question, one following the other. Édelie's question did make her wonder if she had ever spoken about it with her friend but she guessed discussing where they were from had never actually found its way into one of their conversations. "Sort of." She smiled in response to Édelie's question. "My dad's French, but my mom's like half Norwegian half Swedish. I was born in Norway though." Gaby responded, happily taking a grape from the plate. She had done quite some moving around as a kid so it was nice they had really settled in france now that she was older. Especially since they still spend plenty of time in Norway still as well. "My mom has a quidditch shop." She looked from Édelie to Paula as she answered the second sister's question. "So I help out in the shop whenever we're in Norway." Gaby nodded when Paul started telling her about their holiday, which honestly sounded pretty good as well. Especially the mention of the beach. "Ooo, that sounds good!" She smiled, before letting out a soft giggle at the mention of quidditch. "I'm excited to play." She laughed in response, jokingly repeating the girl's worlds but genuinely meaning them as well. "Especially with Édelie in charge."

Édelie always found it interesting how diverse Europe was with all the countries. She knew that her ancestory was, or at least as far back as she could tell, was very French on one side. And the only reason she knew that was because there was still a French circus owned by her distant cousins or something. The Spanish side was a little more complicated, but according to the family bibles, someone pretty much married and had babies every 20 years or so which was why Édelie felt so pressured that her time would come soon. In the mean time, she just wanted to enjoy being a kid. "Do you speak Norwegian?" she asked currently, unsure of what the language even sounded like, as her family had never ventured into Scandanavia. "That must be why you're so good at quidditch. It's in your blood," she said with a smile and took another bite of food.

Paula laid back on the grass, stretching her arms a bit as they continued to talk. "You need a killer strategy this year. Take all the other teams down. Kiwis and strawberries or whatever they call themselves. The Americans will be easy," she said confidently as she sat back up. Paula popped a grape in the air and caught in her mouth and then looked out over the lawn at the other students. "Why is it always so boring here? We need a party of something."

Gaby had always felt quite privileged to have lived in three different countries throughout her life so far. She appreciated knowing the different cultures, people and languages. "I do." She nodded when Édelie asked her if she spoke Norwegian. "And Swedish." She added with a small chuckle. It wasn't meant as a brag in any way but she figured she might as well throw it in there as well now that they were discussing it anyways. Having lived in both countries when she was younger had made her pretty much obliged to learn the languages after all. "I'd like to think so." Gaby smiled at Édelie's mention of quidditch being in her blood. Her mother had played professional for a big part of her life and even worked as a coach for a little while before opening the shop so she had been surrounded by the sport throughout her life. "She's planning on setting one up in France as well this year so you guys should totally come check that out. I'm sure I could get you a discount." She added excitedly, sure her mom wouldn't mind her handing out some small discounts for her friends every now and then.

Gaby nodded when Paula mentioned the beauxbatons team needing a killer strategy. It was definitely true. They had been good last year in their game against Ilvermorny but Hogwarts had been a whole different story. A bit of an embarassing one at that. "Well I guess that's up to Édelie now she's captain." She looked at her friend, more than confident that she'd be a good leader to the team this year. Gaby laughed when Paula mentioned things around the school being boring. "What's stopping you?" She grinned at the younger sister, her tone slightly challenging. More fun was always welcome after all and she didn't think anyone would think differently about that.

Édelie didn't realize that Gaby was well traveled and admired her mother for opening up a store. She thought having a quidditch store would be pretty cool, with all the newest broom models coming and watching them get tested out. "That would be fun, right, Paula?" she beamed, sure her sister would match rather be looking for clothes. "I think we'll do decently well. Or at least, I hope. I suppose we shall see." She pushed a stray hair behind her ear and took the last piece of food off the plate.

Paula thought about Gaby's comment. She could create her own fun. The older girl was right in that, but it all came down to fun that wouldn't get her in trouble. "Maybe we should like host a garden tea party or something. People could dress up all fancy, and we could have fancy sandwiches or something," she said with excitement, hoping the other girls liked her idea. It gave her a reason to not wear this blue uniform constantly.

Gabrielle nodded confidently when Édelie shared her thoughts on how she thought they'd do in quidditch this year. "C'mon, we're definitely going to win!" She added a bit more excitedly, hoping that saying it often enough and trying to be as confident as they could would somehow help them actually win rather than suffer an embarrassingly quick loss like they had against slytherin last season. Gaby sat up a bit straighter when Paula mentioned a garden party. "That could actually be a lot of fun." She replied honestly, already trying to imagine what she would even wear to something like that and more importantly what sort of makeup and hair she'd do with the outfit she had in mind. "Maybe we should see if we can get something like that going. Like get the ball rolling, ask a professor or whatever." She smiled, looking from Paula to Édelie as she wondered whether they'd be allowed to set up anything of the sort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back