Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Demi
Wand
Straight 9 inch springy Willow with unicorn hair core
Lucas had really been drained by the Quidditch game. He was still sore. The trip back was quiet. He was pretty sure they were all sore. Hufflepuff was brutal. He was relieved to be back at school, back home again. He knew it wasn't really the school itself, but more about who was waiting there. When Einar wasn't there to meet him at the doors, Lucas decided to sneak back to the dorms.

He slipped in quietly, smiling to himself as he saw the familiar figure in his bed. Lucas slipped off his shoes and his jacket, moving slowly, and gently laid down behind Einar. Without a word, he summoned over his bear and reached gently around. He made sure to keep space between them, not touching, and lowered the bear to where Einar could see.

If Einar had thought that it would be easier to be at school now that he was a little more certain of where he'd be at the end of the year it really wasn't. He was beginning to relax sure, but it just seemed to bring out the absolute worst of his nightmares and it idn't increase his motivation to do anything. He didn't like the other students, and hated having to try to learn. He knew he should, his mother would've wanted him to graduate but Lucas didn't know what he wanted to do. He'd almost entirely retreated back to the dorm for the entire time Lucas was away, and let himself just ignore the world. He'd dozed lightly, his mind shut off.

Einar hadn't even realised he'd missed when the team would be be back and only opened his eyes at movement on the bed. The bear suddenly entering his field of view startled him into moving. He jerked forward lightly and sat up suddenly before his brain caught up to him. He glanced back at Lucas before laying back down facing the other boy. "Hey...didn't realise you'd be back yet," he said tiredly. "How was the game?" Einar was steadfastly ignoring the way he'd just reacted and hoped perhaps Lucas would too.

Lucas pulled back immediately at Einar's reaction, feeling guilty for startling him. He didn't say anything, knowing it would probably embarrass Einar if he did. Lucas grimaced as he asked about the game. "Terrible. Hufflepuff is a lot more bloodthirsty than the Slytherins were," He gave his boyfriend a weak smile. "They took out Micah. Hyun took point as seeker, they took him out. I took point as seeker, they took me out. I had to leave Patrick in charge as the seeker and they took him out too. They never even caught the snitch, they just bludgeoned us until we didn't have enough players to continue the game anymore." Lucas grimaced. "My ribs are still sore," he joked.

His fingers twitched, wanting to reach out and brush Einar's hair from his eyes, but he kept control and didn't move. "Their keeper threw me off. He just shouted out 'Are you okay Lucas?' after I got hit. I didn't realize until after the game when he came to see me in the hospital wing that the Hufflepuff seekers name is Lucas and he wasn't actually talking to me," Lucas chuckled, and winced as it made his ribs ache again.

He blew a bit of hair out of his eyes and changed the subject. "What about you? How are you?" He asked, smiling warmly up at the boy. "I really missed you, you know," he added softly. "I forgot what its like when you're away from me for too long," he pouted a bit, staring over at Einar fondly. "I wish I could've taken you with me," he murmured.

Einar was listening to Lucas talk but he didn't know who half these people were. He was disappointed for Lucas that they hadn't won, and rather than a fair loss it had been because they'd taken everything out. Einar just listened to it. He frowned at the fact that Lucas himself had gotten hurt. He reached out his fingers towards Lucas' ribs and not quite touching him. He shook his head lightly at the words, the question towards him. "I would've just brought the mood down," he said. "I just stayed here mostly, just missed you, missed classes," he told him. "It was nice of the other team to make sure you were okay."

Lucas smiled softly as Einar's hand hovered over his ribs. He held still, hoping the other boy would touch him. "Not my mood," he countered softly. "I always love it when you are with me," he told Einar with a warm smile. "It was nice of him, sure, but I would have rathered have you there to kiss my hurt away," Lucas pouted lightly, in an attempt to look cute for his boyfriend.

Einar let his hand hover for a little before ever so slightly letting the tips of his fingers touch the boy where he was sure he was injured. He looked back at Lucas and nodded in agreement. At least he tended to find it easier when Lucas was about, especially at school with Lucas thing were easier. Outside of school, he wasn't sure. "I could kiss you now?" he offered, it was clear he wanted to but his voice was unsure, as if not sure that Lucas would want to and partly unsure that he would be able to actually go through with it. But he could offer it.

Lucas smiled, shutting his eyes and enjoying the light touch. "You could," He agreed easily, leaning in a bit himself, opening his eyes again to glance up at his boyfriend. "But do you want to?" He offered, smiling warmly. "Being here with you is enough for me." He promised. "I love you," he sighed, relaxing into the bed.

Einar hesitated, he wanted to, he did. He knew that Lucas wanted it too, but he wasn't sure he could. He gave a little smile at Lucas' words, "I love you too," he could say it, that was easier. Showin git was hard, being initimate was hard. It didn't help that he really wasn't good at any of it. He moved in a little and went to kiss Lucas' cheek. He put the lightest of kisses on Lucas's cheek and was immediately pulling away. He just didn't want to linger on it. He wasn't even too sure why have the time.

Lucas smiled warmly, shutting his eyes and appreciating the kiss, even if it was barely a peck. "Mmm... thank you," Lucas yawned, settling into bed. "I'm so tired," he murmured, reaching up to run a hand through his hair. "Do you wanna take a nap?" He asked, opening his eyes again to smile up at his love. "I can set up the pillows," he offered, thinking he had enough energy to do that. He sat up a bit, taking off his shirt and wincing as it tugged at his ribs.

Einar felt like he'd done wrong and just shyed away as Lucas moved. Einar didn't really want to take a nap, he hadn't done much beside sleep in recent days but he wouldn't say no if Lucas wanted it. "Okay," he agreed to the pillows, at the very least that would hide how little Einar was about to sleep and really he would be glad for the distance. He'd missed Lucas for sure, but he knew if he immediately did too much it would overwhelm him.

Lucas smiled tiredly, summoning over the rest of the pillows. He crawled under the covers, building the pillow wall before relaxing and practically melting into the mattress. "Einar?" He murmured after a few moments, half-asleep already. Lucas put his hand on one of the pillows and smiled gently to himself. "I really love you, so much," he yawned, slipping further into sleep. Even without touching him, Lucas just felt better with Einar near to him.

Einar lay awake, having returned the soft declaration of love and not managed to fall asleep. The light changed around them as Einar slowly grew tired, his eyes closing slightly every so often, but never for more than a few minutes. He just couldn't settle enough to sleep properly. Einar didn't know why on some days he could sleep or lay about all day and now next to Lucas he couldn't sleep, He wasn't sure what time it was when he heard the vague whimperings of Lucas. He slowly sat up and glanced at his boyfriend, he could tell by the lines on his face, the way he was sleep that he was having a nightmare. Einar didn't want to touch him, but knew he should wake him. A hand tentatively reached out to Lucas' shoulder and ever so slightly shook it. Hoping that his light touch would startle Lucas out of his nightmare.

Lucas fell asleep quickly enough, and for a while, he slept well. But his dreams shifted, and nightmares of his brothers started to plague him. He shot up in bed, wide-eyed and a little panicked. Tears were in his eyes. Without thinking, Lucas reached out for Einar with a light whine, his hands shaking. Of course, Einar flinched back, and reality crashed down on Lucas. An extra dose of pain flashed across Lucas' face, at first from his boyfriend pulling away, but freshening as he realized he'd hurt Einar. Lucas groaned and pulled back just as quickly. He got out of bed and stood, turning away and taking a few steps.

"I'm sorry- I didn't- I shouldn't- just give me a minute," Lucas stammered, trying to calm himself down. He walked back to his own bed, stepping around and sinking to sit on the floor, effectively hidden from Einar. Lucas curled up, tangling his hands in his hair and trying to breath. He tried to focus, pushing away the nightmare and trying to ground himself back in reality. He didn't notice he'd started crying a bit, focused instead on his breathing.

Einar wasn't expecting Lucas to open his eyes and sit up so suddenly, when the hand reached out he couldn't help but flinch back at the sudden move, he didn't mean to, but he couldn't help it. He knew it wasn't what Lucas wanted and he could see the hurt on Lucas' face but he couldn't really reach out to him, didn't really want to reach out given how upset Lucas seemed. He knew it would be better to provide comfort but he couldn't. He just stayed still where he was noting that lucas was crying. Einar reached over and from the bed got the little bear and then moved to press it to Lucas' face. He couldn't provide comfort but the bear could.

Lucas tensed when the bear was pressed against his face. He let out a sigh, knowing it was Einar's way to try and help. He reached up, taking the bear and curling up around it. "Some things never change, do they?" He asked softly, finding comfort in the familiarity. "I'm sorry," he apologized gently. "I'll do better," he promised. He didn't want to stay this weak little boy forever. He needed to be stronger. For Einar. Lucas needed to be able to take care of them. He could do that, couldn't he?

Einar let a brief smile grace his features as his boyfriend took in the bear, but then apologised. He knew what for, he didn't say anything just frowned. He sat down on the ground in front of him and let out a long sigh. "I know..I try too...it's just....a lot at times," he said, probably in an unneeded way, Einar knew that he knew why he couldn't, had seen why it was difficult. Einar knew too that to a certain degree he wasn't making much progress and it wasn't good. He was frustrated that he couldn't be there for his boyfriend like his boyfriend wanted..It was difficult to balance his own needs and meet somone in the middle for theirs. "Shall we go back to bed?"

Lucas spent a few more moments taking in some deep breaths. He nodded, agreeing with Einars' words. "Right, yeah. That sounds nice." He agreed. He got up and moved back into bed, letting himself settle down again and looking to Einar. "Do you want me to tuck you back in?" He asked, with a small smile. He felt tired again.

Einar just watched silently as Lucas got his breathing under control. Einar wanted to do more to help but he knew he couldn't. He just waited until Lucas was ready and then started moving back to the bed. He knew that Lucas wanted to tuck him in, that it would probably help him feel better or useful, but Einar just shook his head. "No it's okay, I'm just laying on top," he told him already sitting where he would just lay down and where Lucas would lay too. He removed a pillow from their barrier but not much more.

Lucas was a little disappointed, but that was alright. He settled into bed, taking what comfort he could in having Einar nearby. He curled up with his bear. He smiled a little as Einar took away one pillow. Lucas took one hand and laid it in the empty spot. It wasn't much, but it made him feel a little closer to his boyfriend. Eventually, he was lulled back to sleep by his own warmth, his dreams more pleasant this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back