Back from the Dead...Sort of

Lydia Nozhetvakas

OOC First Name
Sir Kaitlyn
Wand
Once used: Black Walnut 13 3/5" Core of Crystallized Boomslang Venom
Things could be better for Lady Lydia has she rose from the depths of the Zhefarovich Manor. For years, she had haunted this place, her home, and she had refused to come to terms with the fact that she had gotten a potion wrong and managed to drink it and stop her own heart from beating again. She had passed some ghosts along the way, all surprised that the great Lady Lydia who ruled this place when she had killed her husband and died years later. Crossing into the Patriarch's Lair using nifty shortcuts of going through walls, she managed to hover in front of the Family Tree. Her ghostly gray fingers traced the edges and lines, seeing her name and then those before. She let out a gasp of surprise when she saw that her darling daughter Raisa was dead. Though when she glanced at Arnost and the amount that he had produced, she let out a snort of laughter. "He gets that from my family, poor child," mused the ghost.

Lady Lydia stopped looking at the family tree but a smile crossed on her formerly ruby red lips when she saw that her oldest son was married and who to. She descended through the floors, having great control over floating now that she has been a ghost for many, many years. It would not be long until she came across the chambers where an angelic woman was sleeping in the bed that used to be her father-in-law's. Well, no, her father-in-law's bed was across the Manor. This was newer. Or older, she could not recall. Lady Lydia floated around the bed, and she smiled graciously down at her daughter-in-law. Her gray hand went to touch her forehead, but she knew that she would just phase on through, so she retreated.

Though Lady Lydia glanced down at Danielle's stomach and she saw that she was bearing. About time, if you ask me, she thought in her mind. She crossed her arms over her chest and she out loud, "It takes them this long to elope, and they had to do it when I was not around to watch. I'm disappointed." Them married was something that she had waited so long to see but never had the chance, and she even wrote it down in her will. Though she was almost sure that Danielle could have heard her voice, how familiar and unchanged it was since she had perished from this earth. She died when she was forty-five, and now she looked upon the woman that surpassed her in age, when she was alive.

Danielle would have wanted to do anything else today but rest in bed and do absolutely nothing but listen to her thoughts wander off until she couldn't stand listening to herself anymore. But Asparuh requested that she stay in bed and rest today since early this morning she had been feeling a little on the weak and sick side. The angelic Death Eater was just over sixth months pregnant with her twin boys and to be honest she was beyond amazed that they had survived this long inside her. Since they were Asparuh's spawns as well they had been giving her an extra difficult time whenever they possibly could. Aside from her getting violently ill and sick all the time those two never seemed to take a break and sit still for more than an hour or so. They loved to move around and kick her with every chance they had to do so. She could tell that they were going to seriously take after their father when they grew up, already they were trying to show her who was boss by making her suffer. After a few hours of just lying in bed and rubbing her stomach occasionally to attempt and calm her babies a little, Danielle grew exhausted herself and it wasn't long before she shifted to her side and had finally into a peaceful sleep which to most she probably looked like nothing more than a gentle angel, if only most knew what thoughts went through her head most of the time. Though for once her life Danielle was actually at a point to where she was almost happy. She was apart of a family she had grown up with and admired most of her life, she finally had her best friend and most valuable Ally as her husband and would no longer have to share, and she was pregnant once again with children that she knew would be more than suitable to pass down the line. As Danielle silent slept she felt a sudden cold chill that gently brought her out of her dreams. But it wasn't until she heard the sound of a voice that she thought she knew so well speak. Opening her illuminating blue eyes she gently lifted her body off the cool sheets. Although she was six months pregnant with twins she wasn't extremely big or anything.

Her head turned ever so slowly until her angelic face was locked onto the ghostly form of what appeared to be the former Lady Lydia. After a moment of taking in the form of the ghost she finally let it sink in who the woman was and exactly what that meant if she was ghost. A loud shriek escaped her mouth. The shriek itself was probably loud enough to be heard throughout the entire Manor so hopefully someone would come and aid her out here because either she was seeing things or Asparuh's dad mother was in her and Asparuh's Bed Chambers. Danielle tried her absolute best to back away from the host and further onto the edge of the bed, she had nearly almost fallen off but luckily got her bearings but remained staring at Lydia with widened and worried eyes. Normally Danielle was cold and showed little emotion but the fact that Lydia was still around was a big deal and it surprised Danielle a little. The babies had easily become stressed too and weren't afraid to let their mother know that they were not happy.

Despite having the routine checks on the children, and dealing with some issues in Asparuh's office, Asparuh sat behind the desk where the Dark Mark and Zhefarovich Crest hung on a banner behind him. He was currently writing things down, his long blonde hair tied back and away from his face as per usual. His office was not too fair from the bed chambers, but it was not above ground either. Asparuh preferred his peace and quiet here and he continued writing down information about each and every family member down for future reference. He no longer had to write for Jaken now, for he had died not long ago. He imagined that the family, especially Kalif and Chavdar, would not be around until the grieving process has ended. Asparuh did know what it was like to lose a child, but not two. He continued to write down notes on Hades as if right now.

Things were not going to be pretty with that Death Eater right now. He was absent from time to time, and no one could really reach him. Asparuh had ways to reach him when he needed him though. He also wrote down notes on Demitris, debating on whether or not he would be of some use to him in his family. Arnost had a good job dealing out children that were worth nothing. However, his hand and quill stopped moving when he heard Danielle shriek. Never had he heard that in his life. Springing up from his chair, knocking it over as he rushed out of his office and soon enough entered his bed chambers where Danielle was on the bed. Asparuh was about to ask her what the problem was, when his eyes landed on a ghost that was not familiar to him at all. She was not one of those that haunted the Manor, but if she had, then she was vacant until now. Asparuh was in a complete state of silence and speechlessness as he stared at the ghost of his long since dead mother.

Lady Lydia fondled with her long, formerly blonde hair as she watched Danielle wake up. Though when Danielle shrieked, a ghostly grin crept onto her lips and she laughed at the amusement that she received from being seen once more. It must have been shocking to see that she had finally returned to the Zhefarovich family, and now she was seeking out a purpose to her being here as a ghost. There wasn't much besides just floating around the manor and entertaining herself with the other ghosts. She had been alone for quite some time, and she admitted, she missed her babies. Though she was honored that her great-great-granddaughter was named after her, though she was not a pure-blood. That was disappointing.

When she heard the door open, her eyes glanced over at her son. He looked as magnificent as before she was dead. It was easy to tell the difference between Asparuh and Arnost. After all, she had given birth to them. Lady Lydia glanced from Danielle to Asparuh, and she shook her head while she allowed her arms to fall by her sides. She continued to float over the floor, and she mused, "You two look like you have seen a ghost. Wait, that would be me would it not? I'm getting used to it as well." Lady Lydia crossed over through the bed to go peer at her son. She narrowed her eyes before she turned sharply back to Danielle. One thing that has not changed over the passed decades were her mood changes. She could go from normal, to pissed.

"And you two waited this long to get married, after many of my signs to you. Once you finally do, there is no announcement so I could watch? Did you two even do the proper ceremony?" So, the mothering begins all over again. Lady Lydia had been waiting to get this out ever since she found out about the marriage. It should have happened years ago, as soon as Danielle graduated from Durmstrang. Her views had not changed though. She did not like the Death Eaters. She believed in being a leader, not following someone. She laughed now, how a stupid half-blood was able to bring down such a 'great' leader. Voldemort was no leader to Lady Lydia. He was a coward, an imbecile.

Danielle didn't hesitate to make sure she was off the quickly bed and standing on the floor closer to the door that led out of bed chambers when Asparuh came through the door. She was thankful that someone in this Manor had heard her scream and came to check on her, not that she distrusted Lady Lydia or anything but she knew that the woman could be just as unpredictable as her moods were sometimes. The ghostly woman made some form of a joke about them looking as if they had seen a ghost, something told Danielle that she could easily sense both their unease right now. After all it was not every day that a former member of the Zhefarovich family that hadn't been seen or heard of from years popped up randomly as a ghost. Even Asparuh was quiet at the moment so she assumed that was his was of being shocked at well, after all this was his mother. Danielle's angelic face stared at the ghost with vague uncertainty but still covered up with her icy coldness she had perfected over the years as the seconds ticked on into minute's and nothing had was still said between any of them. The family didn't even seem to have a clue how Lydia died and thats what made Danielle so curious, why did she die, when did she die, and why not bother to come back to grace the family with her presence until now. The female Death Water wanted to say something but was unsure if there was really anything for her to say to the ghost woman, would Asparuh say anything or be silent the entire time? Danielle let her bright blue eyes carefully watch as Lady Lydia crossed over through the bed to go peer at her son for a moment or so, she couldn't even begin to think she knew what Lydia was thinking as she did this. But then Lydia narrowed her eyes and returned her gaze back onto her and Danielle let her eyes avert to the floor for a moment. Danielle probably hadn't changed much since Asparuh's Ghostly mother had seen her last, which was many years ago from what she remembered. She was still very small, had such an angelic appearance to her but at the same time a cold one as well. Probably the only thing that may have changed was maybe that she looked older. And that her usually thin stomach was now swollen due to pregnancy. The blonde could only wonder if Lydia was proud that her and Asparuh had finally done what she had been hoping they get to for years. It wasn't until her mood completely changed that Danielle knew that she and Asparuh were not in for an easy time here.

"Lady Lydia I apologize, we hadn't married until just recently because I had been away for some time. Even though our wedding was a spur of the moment type of arrangement I assure you we went through the proper ceremony and everything." This was the first thing Danielle had spoken to Lydia about beside her shriek from earlier. Her voice was just as soft as it had always been but there no was a spark of coldness but respect in it. Her eyes drifted to Asparuh for a moment in hopes that he would also help either explain or calm Lydia down somewhat, he must have at least had an idea on how much Lydia wanted them married. It was hard to believe though. That two very powerful Death Eaters, some of the original and potentially a few of the strongest were standing here getting a lecture from a ghost. A sharp intake of breath escaped Danielle when she felt one of the twins kick her from inside, oh were they restless right now. It was almost as if they could sense their grandmothers and father's presence or something.

It was almost too hard to really believe. How in the world was she standing here, before Asparuh and Danielle? How could his mother be gone for so long, and just now show up and dare to think that she could speak to them in such a manner? Things had changed since she had been around. The family exploded, and he had to run strict and tight shifts. He could not just sit there and obey his mother's ever command when she was insane herself. Asparuh was going to kill her one day, when she was alive because she had lost her mind completely before she vanished from the face of the earth. The fact that she had remained here attached to a world that she did not belong in was beyond him. Asparuh glanced over at Danielle and he was about to tell her that she better get back into the bed so the twins would not be harmed, but he had a feeling that it would not be so. Danielle was shocked enough as is, and surely the twins must be a little upset with the rising emotions in this room.

His onyx eyes went to his mother once more, and from her expressions alone, he could tell that her mood was about to violently change. She started to accuse them of not announcing their marriage which was the 'buzz of the Manor news' for over a month. She was bound to hear with all the ghosts and all whispering about it. Asparuh shook his head and put his hand to his forehead. His mother was giving him a headache. You would think that someone dead would never bother you again, but that was wrong in the Zhefarovich family. Asparuh's expression melted back into his stone-cold expression once more, and he uttered, "You can ask Hades Lutrov about the ceremony. It was official. As for announcing it, it was known to every live member of the Zhefarovich family. Marriage is not my priority and you know this. I hate marriages, and I have only done this one to keep an ally's sanity, not for the reasons you want." He did not care what his mother thought. Asparuh could not love, and his 'soulmate' or whatever that person was that a Zhefarovich could find in their lifetime and be with in happiness forever was already dead. Asparuh and the previous Patriarch made sure of that. Love was a weakness, and Asparuh would not meddle with that.

Lady Lydia's dark eyes glanced down at Danielle's rather large stomach. A smirk spread across her lips, though as disappointed that she did not watch them get married to begin with, she was proud of the outcome. At least they could mix their magnificent blood and she wondered how Arnost was doing. He did have a lot of women behind him, but which was his true love? Two were dead out of the many he had been with. Lady Lydia fiddled with her dress and she glanced down at herself. She was transparent, and she could never complain about her weight when she floated around in the air. With a sorrowful sigh, she turned to her eldest son and she murmured motherly, "I just wanted the best for you. For you both."

Her eyes went from Asparuh to Danielle, a woman she considered a daughter and now could call herself one. Lady Lydia allowed her hand to graze her own cheek, and she remembered what her flesh felt like. Unlike some ghosts, she looked like she had a natural death, yet it was her heart that was damaged from when she perished. She mused, "Though I am proud that you two have finally given me grandchildren I could adore at last. I may not know the mother to the others, but I know anything spawned from Tsvetanka were utter failures." Lady Lydia was all about the proper blood mixing. She did not know the other siblings of Kalif's, but right now, he was the best of them all, despite his own failure and pathetic mother.

"I wish I could have watched you two get married. I would have cried, you know. However, how many more children will I expect from you two? Two is not enough, you know." Lady Lydia was wanting at least four from them. Four would do well for this world, and she did not care about the others that Asparuh had had, not his age for that matter. She just wanted to see those children, those precious little babies. Then she remembered, Raisa had a child right before she died. Perhaps she could help in raising it. Rayna might have taken over, but Lady Lydia knew many things. Her wisdom passed on would be an honor, she thought. Lady Lydia hovered a little higher in the room, and she hummed a soft yet eerie tune.

Danielle was thankful that Asparuh had stepped in and explained the whole Marriage deal to Lady Lydia before she decided to tear both their heads off for somehow not letting her know about the Marriage. Honestly Danielle found it kind of hard for someone not to know when it seemed like the entire Manor knew about it. In fact for months it was all either of them seemed to hear about was the upcoming Marriage plus the occasional few who thought it it would be funny to harass them about it. Mostly Arnost but a few others seemed to have a fun time doing it as well. To her amusement and annoyance it seemed that many of the Zhefarovich's figured that she and Asparuh would end up married and with children at some point in their lives. Was it really that easy to tell for them? They had been fairly close most of their lives, when they were children she looked up to Asparuh so much. Danielle still looked up to him actually, only now it wasn't as much as it was in her youth because now that she had a taste of power she figured she was set for life in wanting it. Danielle had proved her worth in this world. She was powerful, beautiful, and had remained loyal to those she felt had deserved it or proved themselves of her worth. Danielle really felt for Lydia when she said that she wanted what was best for the both of them. In the end no matter how crazy a woman was, or cruel she wanted what was best for her children and would do anything near possible to make sure that their children were happy. There were exceptions though and her parents were a prime example of that. Her father treated her poorly because she was a woman and her mother was too afraid of her to even try and approach her for a motherly hug or something of the sorts. It was their fear and foolishness that let her take control of her family and become the first but not the last female Head of the Lefevre Family. "Lady Lydia forgive me but, why did you wait until now to let everyone know you were around the Manor?" Danielle's leader-like authority made her very questioning towards Lydia's presence inside the home. She knew the woman must have been dead for awhile or they would probably have seen her. But why hide out for while when she could have easily come back. Perhaps if she hadn't kept herself hidden she would have seen the wedding between her and Asparuh. It was after all one of her dreams and something in her will, to see these two married. But they were also not in love like she had wanted either. Asparuh didn't love and Danielle had already been down that road and was very bent on never doing it again. When Tsvetanka's name was mentioned Danielle bit her lip and let herself pale a little. Both Asparuh and Lydia could probably see that even the same brought her unhappiness. Because of that low excuse of a woman Danielle ended up disappearing for years.

"Eh? M-more then two. Oh god...you want us to have more then two?Do you even intend to be present for the birth of these two?" Danielle asked with her blue eyes wide and not looking very thrilled about becoming pregnant with anymore babies. She knew Asparuh felt he had enough children so possibly he agreed. She gave her husband a look that clearly read that she thought Lydia was crazy. The birth of these two was just around the corner and Danielle was unsure if she was ready for it. She would love to finally be able to hold the babies though. A child combined with her and Asparuh's blood, it was going to be magnificent.

Asparuh did not know what to think about his mother being here again. Though she would have to learn one way or another that she did not have any power. She was a ghost. She was dead, and that was it. How she died, Asparuh did not care. But he would not accept someone bossing him around like he was a child again. Asparuh retorted, “Even though what you wanted was what you thought was the better for me was none other than a lie. You wanted me to marry Danielle because you wanted a daughter that you approved of. Regardless, Tsvetanka was not good enough, no one would have except her in your eyes. I find that rather selfish and that is not what was right at the time, mother.” Asparuh had never snapped at her like he had just now. Asparuh knew what was behind Lydia’s reasoning.

Legilimency helped back in the days especially when someone tried to do something when it came to the family and when it came to people suspecting him of being a Death Eater. Asparuh rolled his eyes at his mother’s words yet he had no disagreement. She was right. Her children were utter failures yet she had one for a son as well. Asparuh shook his head at what she said, and put his hand over his forehead. This woman would be the death of him surely. A lot of others had attempted his life, but none of them seemed as horrid as a death from his mother who was already dead. Asparuh did not want any more children. He had enough, and he was too old to have them and care for them. Though he probably would not die until another fifty years later. Asparuh shook his head and he uttered, “Two is more than enough. I cannot handle this right now. I have a funeral to arrange.” Asparuh turned and he left the room. He could not handle this and deal with a funeral and a return of some ghost here.

Lady Lydia slowly moved her gray and transparent head to the side as she watched the movement of her oldest son and her newest daughter-in-law. Her shook her head when Asparuh called her out from her beliefs back in the days. It was true, to some extent. Lady Lydia pointed out, "Using Legilimency on your mother is not called for. Perhaps it was for selfish reasons as I had pictured Danielle apart of the family before anyone else had." That part was true. She accepted Danielle faster than anyone else had in the family. Lady Lydia turned her head to stare at Danielle and she narrowed her eyes. Just as quickly her temper gone and it returned, but this time, her elegant hand went to her face and she sighed. She acted like she had almost lost her temper like she had many times before. Shrieking at the members until her voice was strained and sounded similar to a croak. She weaved her hand through her hair. Lady Lydia confessed, "I had a hard time discerning between what was life and what was death. I just now came to realize I am in fact dead."

Lady Lydia had to come to realize that she was dead. It was a hard thing to grasp. The ghost turned her back on the couple and she went to sit on the bed, but she couldn't really sit on it. She hovered right over the bed and she remained in sitting position. Her legs crossed over each other. Her dress seemed like it was flowing lightly in the gust. She sighed and she answered, "Well, I'll be around for all of eternity because I am rather attached to this place. A ghost can't die. What else am I going to do? I'll be around for everything, and will have some say in family matters. I've been around longer than anyone else, and the only one alive in my generation." Lady Lydia paused for a moment, and she smiled over at Danielle as Asparuh left the room, and left the two alone. How she wanted to be alive to embrace the woman. She can settle for memories though. "If I am around for the birth of these twins, will you promise me that you will give me at least one more? A granddaughter?" Lady Lydia waited for Danielle's response. It was obvious that Lady Lydia preferred girls over boys.

Danielle listened to the small quarrel between Lydia and her son that was going on before her. To be honest she agreed a little with both of them so she wasn't sure who was in the right and who was in the wrong area here. Instead she just let her angelic face shift between the two as she tried to keep up with the Conversation. When the whole subject of Lydia wanted Danielle to marry Asparuh and such came around she couldn't help but sigh under her breath slightly. Everyone seemed to be either point out or rubbing it in that they knew that she and Asparuh would some day fall in love and get married. Seeing as they were half right because she knew they would never fall in love but they were married. It just bothered her how so many people seemed to noticed what she had failed to notice most of her life. And that was that she and Asparuh had natural chemistry. Before she knew what was happening she heard Asparuh say that he had a funeral to plan and watched him leave the room. Immediate her mouth dropped and she whipped her head to look into the direction that he left in. "Wh-hey! Asparuh where th-oh nevermind. Men."Danielle muttered softly as she breathed out and brought up a hand to rub at her temple. She figured that Lydia would agree with her when she said that sometimes men could be so infuriating. Though she respected Asparuh too much to ever think ill of him, except when they got in their occasional argument about things. Usually they agreed about almost everything though. Once she waited a moment and realized Asparuh probably wasn't going to come back for awhile she didn't hesitate to sit herself down on the bed slowly and let out a tired sigh, being pregnant was so tiresome. It would probably be good to get a good chance to get some time in with a woman that pretty much molded her into the woman she had become today. As she massaged her swollen stomach gently she heard what Lady Lydia asked of her and smiled softly.

"As much as I'd love to promise you that Lady Lydia, I think it's sort of up to Asparuh. I'd love to have a pure blood daughter though. My other one is all grown up on me." Danielle said softly as a motherly smile took place on her face. She was so happy to be having more children because her other two were out in the world as little adults. Danielle missed holding an caring for a little baby. Of course she helped mother Asparuh IV But he technically wasn't her baby plus he needed much less care then other babies did. He was already a copy of Asparuh. "You missed out on so much Lydia, I wish you had come around earlier." Danielle told the woman softly as she leaned back into and rested her hands on the bed beside her. Lydia wasn't there to comfort her throughout all the rough times she had when Alphonse and gotten her pregnant, Liyla's death, all of those important times.

"Can't live with them, can you," said Lady Lydia with a small laugh. She enjoyed her sons though. They were what helped her stay on this Earth to see what she would not have seen had she moved on. Lady Lydia moved from the bed that she was hovering over, and she moved to where she was laying on her stomach in the air, floating close to the ceiling, her arms crossed over her chest. It was evident in her eyes that she was eating up this floating business. Lady Lydia liked flying and she enjoyed being able to defy gravity itself. Lady Lydia raised an eyebrow when Danielle mentioned that she had another daughter all grown up. She was not born yesterday, and she could not say that she was happy that Danielle had spawned with another man, but alas, Asparuh had spawned with other women.

She shrugged lightly, not changing her position, "All the more reason to try. If you get pregnant again, Asparuh will have to deal with it the right way, and that is keeping that baby girl." Lady Lydia wanted another baby, one that she could watch grow up. She would be here for a long time to come. Why not? She frowned as she thought about the outcome of this all. She knew that she had not been around but that was all going to change now. Lady Lydia smiled reassuringly, "My child, I will be here for you, for the family, for the children for all eternity. I will make up for the time I have lost."

Danielle nodded her head in agreement at the can't live with them part. "Thing is, I've been around Asparuh and Arnost so long that I can't imagine what my life would be like without them." It was true, ever since a very young age her, Asparuh, and Arnost had pretty much grown up together. They were all pretty close but her and Asparuh were probably the closest. During her lifetime she had been around then, learned as they had learned, suffered with them, fought with them, everything that people go through in their lifetime with someone they often cared about. Danielle was there with them through many important parts in history and now they had become so involved with her life that she could not longer picture it just being her. It was always Danielle, Asparuh, and Arnost. And even though Arnost bothered her to the ends of the earth on most occasions she couldn't her life being what it was now without him being around. Like Harry Potter and that Golden Trio, except way less of a bunch of pansies and loving, and all those annoying things that some Gryffindors were, it was like that. Danielle could imagine the three of them being the way they were forever. The setting may have changed because now Danielle and Asparuh were married and with children on the way but the three of them were still here and not changed much.

"I really hope you stay...I need a motherly figure in my life still sometimes. I can try for another baby, especially since I figure that Asparuh and I will be back to our old routine once the babies are born and I have rested. If the family intends to give us privacy though.." Danielle muttered this last part under breath but was sure that Lydia could hear her easily. There was a point where they were together like that for nearly two months straight and without little break. It was after that point that people really started to stick their noses into their business. It seemed like they all knew it was going to happen too so they were just waiting. Had Lydia been the one to convince all these people that Danielle and Asparuh would one day be lovers?

Lady Lydia glanced down at her stomach, thin and flat, no trace of her ever giving birth to five wonderful children. Danielle had spoken something that seemed rather ridiculous. She too could not imagine one without the other. "I doubt their lives will end as soon as mine had. They are fighters, as you are. I can see you three living to at least one hundred and twenty." Lady Lydia stared lovingly down at Danielle from her position, before she guided herself down from the ceiling and to the floor, where her feet would have touched but she hovered over the floor. Those three gave Lady Lydia so much hope in her life and now afterlife. She brushed her long hair aside, and she smirked lightly as the thought of the three remaining together forever just pleased her to no end.

"I will be around, and maybe I can get my son to open up to the possibility to have at least one baby girl for not just you but me as well," the ghost spoke, and she crossed her arms behind her as she smiled upon her daughter-in-law. Lady Lydia shrugged lightly, and she glanced around the room. Danielle seemed a little tired, but she was probably being a nuisance. "I think I should let you rest. I will go announce my return to others. I shall visit you again, Ranee of the Zhefarovich Family, and my daughter." Lady Lydia bowed her head and she floated through the ceiling, leaving Danielle at peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back