Back for Another Year

Mitchell Lowe

OOC First Name
Steven
Wand
Curved 12 1/2 Inch Unyielding Alder Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
It amazed the young boy how fast his first year had gone by. It seemed like only yesterday that the Headmistress called out his name, though this time he had been watching the sorting ceremony as a second year student who enjoyed seeing the sorting process happening from another angle. Mitchell entered the courtyard with a bright smile on his face and walked towards his usual spot. He'd asked his friend, Lenore to meet him here as they had agreed on the previous year because he felt like hanging out with here before going to his first class of the new semester. Mitch had thoroughly enjoyed spending some of his time with Lenore over the break and hoped that they could get to spend more of their time together at Hogwarts, too. He placed his backpack on the seat next to him to keep anyone else from taking the girl's spot and waited patiently for his friend to arrive. It was starting to get a little chilly outside but hopefully she wouldn't mind that.

In the holiday period Lenore had been hanging out at her friend Mitchell. It was odd to see how normal his family was. The stove and kitchen were actual on the normal height were at Lenore's they had a set that suited Lenore and her dad. It was odd that his family seemed so normal and that Len her family was so different. Shrugging it off and feeling excited to meet her friend again she was ready to go to the courtyard. Lenore didn't wear a beanie for once, but had a headband stuffed over her ears.

She walked outside with her backpack hanging loosely over her shoulder. Len walked outside and spotted Mitchell. She ran over to him and sat next to him. ''Hello you'' Len waved and smiled. ''How are you Mitch?'' Len muttered excitingly. Her holiday was lovely and Len felt closer to him. Maybe she could share her secret and try out if he would run away.

Mitchell smiled when his friend approached him and made room for her to sit next to him on the stone bench. It was nice to see her again even if they had spent time each other. ''I'm fine, thanks.'' Mitch answered, noticing that she was wearing a headband for a change. ''How about you? Did you enjoy Christmas?'' he then asked. They had talked about it a little bit when she came over to play games with him and his parents, though mostly with him because he did not want his parents to tell his friend any of his embarrassing stories whilst she was staying over. He liked Lenore so didn't want to feel uncomfortable around her just because she had been told things he'd rather not have her know, especially since she was one of the people who had a positive influence on him. ''Please tell me that I am not the only one who ate until he felt like he would explode,'' Mitchell said jokingly, remembering the way he felt after Christmas dinner with his family.

Lenore kind of wanted to hug Mitchell, but had to keep every inch in her body away from Mitchell. She had never had these feelings of feeling loved or comfortable. It was weird and Len already had enough of that. ''I had a lovely christmas holiday'' Lenore muttered. She had done the usual things at home. Bake with her dad and shopping with mom. The fact that she went to Mitchell over the holidays made it all more special. ''And of course visiting you was the most awesome thing in my holiday.'' Len blushed and giggled. They had played more exploding snap and Lenore started to understand more of the game. They didn't know if it was legal, but you didn't have to use a spell so they thought it would.

The christmas dinner at his family was big and Lenore couldn't even eat the much.
''You ate way more than me you idiot.'' Len giggled and looked at him. ''I just took bites from everything and I was full'' Len didn't need that much food to be full. It looked like Mitchell grew in the holiday, so he needed all the food he could get. ''It was a lot of food, I agree'' Len nodded and waited for Mitchell to say something. She had felt at home with his family. With her parents she had that too, but her dad reminded her of her own problems.

He smiled at Lenore when she told him that she had a lovely Christmas holiday as well. He had wanted the girl to stay with them for a little while longer but his parents had denied his request due to the fact that it was the holidays and she had to spend time with her family also, which was something he could understand but didn't like. There was something about the way she giggled that made the Ravenclaw want to hear more of it always. Mitch turned back to the girl sitting next to him on the bench and smiled once more. ''I really enjoyed you visiting us,'' the Ravenclaw told her truthfully. ''You should come around more often, or perhaps I could visit you next?'' he then asked. ''Of course I did,'' he said, chuckling at the memory of all of them around the table eating dinner, ''I was starving!'' Mitch had helped his father around the house all day while his mother had asked Lenore if she wanted to help her in the meantime so of course he would be hungry at the end of the day - it surprised him how little she had eaten since she too had been busy doing things all day but figured that perhaps she was just too excited to eat as much as him. ''It was a lot of food, yes, but we always have that much food so we can eat it the days after. It's because Mom and Dad don't want to spend too much time in the kitchen the days after Christmas - I know, they are really lazy sometimes.'' He said jokingly.

When Mitchell smiled it was somehow adorable. He got these really cute lines on his face when he smiled. Len giggled out loud of these stupid thoughts. They were so normal and mundane, it felt safe. ''Yeah, I would love to repeat it once more.'' Len winked and looked at Mitchell. What he then said made her scared. When he asked her if he could visit her place, she got hotter and hotter. She didn't really know what to say. ''Eh, you can't really.'' Lenore muttered it felt awful to say. ''My house is built for the comfortable needs for midgets.'' Although that was true, her mom had a normal length. They had a room with a normal kitchen and countertops. If she wanted to cook she wouldn't have to bend down to midget height.

''Sounds like you normally don't get food in your house'' Len poked her tongue out and winked. Maybe they starved him out and then at Christmas time he got as much food as he liked to go for a full year without. When he explained that his parents were lazy and ate the leftovers for days after Christmas she smiled. Her parents loved cooking, especially her dad. ''My parents love cooking, they are like nuts about it'' She almost told him they had two kitchens in their house, but then she thought back about saying their house was midget made. Len figetted with her beanie and sighed. It wasn't sitting like the way she liked it to.

Mitchell smiled and was sure to ask his parents if his friend could stay over again soon. It was nice to have a friend with whom he could hang out with during breaks and being an only child would get boring rather quickly. He tilted his head sideways and frowned at his friend. ''What do you mean by that?'' Mitchell asked, curious to know why Lenore's house was built for the comfortable needs for midgets instead of normal human length. Did she have someone with dwarfism in her family? If so, she didn't have to be embarrassed for that, he wasn't going to make fun of her family member for being different than them.

Mitchell grinned at the comment and said, ''If only that were true.'' Sometimes it seemed like they didn't know how much food to prepare for the three of them so there were always too many leftovers which they could eat from for about three days if they wanted to. ''Perhaps you could bring some with you to school then?'' He asked. If she didn't want to invite him to her house then maybe she could bring some food with her after the next break, or maybe even to his house if she was allowed to hang out at his place again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back