OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Another term of classes had started and Kat was glad to have the distraction. Life had been more than slightly confusing and utterly frustrating over the last month or so. Needing some time to clear her head and just think things over, Katalina decided to take a walk in the school gardens.

She grabbed her jacket and her book then headed downstairs and out of the castle. The weather out was very chilly, but nice just the same as she walked out across the school grounds. As she passed the lake, Kat stopped momentarily to look at the Durmstrung boat. She wondered if Katerina was on there and thought that she might go and see if she wanted to walk along, but then decided against it for fear she would run into them.

Katalina finally reached the gardens. There was a light dusting of snow covering the plants that were in there and she stood for a few minutes admiring how beautiful everything looked. After a short walk throughout the rest of the small garden Kat found a bench and took a seat. She zipped her jacket up around her and opened her novel and began to read.

Rhyspa walked out onto the lawn and toward the garden, daring not to go to the lake. She wasn't quite ready for that, still furious about the happenings at the Yule Ball. Rhyspa snuggled into her jacket a bit more as she felt the cold nipping at her skin. She walked through the maze of winter flowers, passing by the beautiful blooms covered with a soft layer of snow.

Rhyspa turned a corner and saw Katalina sitting on one of the benches reading. She walked over and took a seat.

"Hey Kat," Rhyspa greeted meekly.

"Hey 'Spa," she said as she looked up from her book. Kat patted the bench beside her, a gesture for her friend to sit. She hadn't seen or talked to her since the night of the Yule Ball. Too many bad memories she'd guessed was the reasoning behind that. "So how was your Christmas holidays?" Kat asked with a small smile.

Rhyspa sat down beside the girl and crossed her legs and leaned forward so her torso was resting on her lap. "My Christmas was fine. It was nice to be at home with my mum and sister. I got to see my Nana Lorna," Rhyspa said. "Not the one in the painting. That was her mother." She realized that she had been somewhat seclusive and kept to herself most of the time since they'd been back at school and Rhyspa felt bad. Rhyspa knew she should talk to Kat more often, but she knew some how the Yule Ball would come up. That was forbidden territory for her right now.

"How was your break?" Rhyspa asked. "How's Serena?"

Kat gave Rhyspa an odd look when she mentioned her Nana Lorna, but then smiled when she clarified that it wasn't the same woman from the painting. "Sounds like you had a nice time then!" she said with a smile, though her smiles hadn't been quite as bright as they used to be and she noticed that her friend wasn't quite the same either. Kat wondered how long they were going to go without talking about it, but it was a sore subject for them both.

"I only went home for about four days. I spent the rest of the time here. It was nice to be able to go home though. Don't guess I realized how much I had missed quality family time." she said thoughtfully, her eyes far away. "Serena's doing great. She's still not quite as energetic as she used to be, but mum said that's normal and she should be back to one-hundred percent normal by summer." Kat paused and stared off in to space for a moment and then said hopefully, "Maybe you can come home with me for a bit over the summer."

Rhyspa grinned. "I'd love to visit during the summer," she beamed. It would be fun, her and Kat always found a way to make a boring day interesting. This would be the first time Rhyspa was ever invited to go to one of her friends house over the summer. She never had anyone over to her house from school either. Her mother asked about it, but she never thought about it much.

"That would be a lot of fun," Rhyspa said, a smile never leaving her face. "You could come to my house for a little while too. If my mum says yes of course."

Kat grinned at Rhyspa. "My mum already said I could have someone over. This would be great. We can fly all we want too!" she said and then added, "I'd love to stay with you if it's okay with your mother!" Well this was definitely something to look forward to and it was a nice distraction from everyday life and things that had gone on in the last month or so.

"So..." Kat began, "How has the first week back to school been? Busy?" she asked curiously.

"It hasn't been too hard nor too easy," Rhyspa said. "It's been mild, I got a few burns from a Blast-Ended Skrewt." She grinned. "That was the coolest thing I've ever dealt with. I got to use a lasso like the cowboys," Rhyspa said. "It was awesome." She looked at the flowers, some covered with snow and some not. Rhyspa hadn't seen many plants survive winter, other than trees and the occasional shrub.

"What about you?" Rhyspa asked. "How are your classes?"

Kat laughed when Rhyspa said she had to use a lasso on the creatures in class. She had heard that they were nasty little buggers, but she was actually looking forward learning about them next year. Rhyspa seemed like she was a million miles away, she was usually a bit more...upbeat.

"Eh, they're okay. I'm hoping that the essays will be mostly non-existent this term. I hate having to write them." Kat said truthfully. "I think it will be a pretty good term though." she added with a shrug.

She looked at her friend, wondering if she should bring up what it was that they were both avoiding at the moment. "So...urm...do you wanna talk about it?" she said, looking off across the gardens.

"Yeah," Rhyspa said. "I kinda do want to talk about it." She fiddled with a dead piece of grass. "I don't think I should be this upset about it. I mean, I didn't do anything with him, but I feel so betrayed." Rhyspa was still so upset about the fight at the Yule Ball. It angered her that those boys thought they had the right to treat Katerina like she was some toy. It angered her that Nic had decided to screw with Katalina and kiss her then go and say all the nasty things he did. It angered her that she fell for Dom's charm and probably would've done anything he said.

"I hate it," Rhyspa said, frustration evident in her voice. "I hate it."

Kat avoided eye contact with her best friend, worried of what she might see written on Rhyspa's face if she looked. "But you were betrayed 'Spa...we both were. You have every right to be upset about it." She was already pissed about the way she'd been treated that night, but it was an even bigger blow to have her friends treated just as badly. Kat's stomach turned at the thought of that nights events. The entire night, well, with the exception of that one perfect dance, had been an absolute disaster.

She almost regretted bringing it up, but knew that if they held all this anger in any longer then it was just going to be a huge blow up later on. "I'm really sorry. We should have talked about everything sooner than this, but I was just so...so...ashamed I guess. I was so stupid to behave that way. Ugh, those two can't honestly think that they can just do that and get away with it do they?" Kat was becoming increasingly more irritated by the moment.

"My one possible relationship with a boy," Rhyspa fumed. "Down the toilet!" Hot tears spilled down her face. "Kat, Dom was the first boy I had ever had a crush on. The first boy I went to a dance with. The first everything. I've never felt so used in my life." Rhyspa brushed away her tears. "We should just boycott boys."

Kat chanced a glance at her friends face and instantly wished she hadn't. The tears were rolling down Rhyspa's cheeks which instantly sent Kat into a fuming mad frenzy. She had to get up and walk around. Pacing back and forth in front of the bench her friend was sitting on.

On one hand she felt guilty that all of her own person firsts that 'Spa had described had been absolutely perfect, but on the other hand she was livid that her friends special moments had been wasted and ruined on that ******* Dom. Kat could easily get over her stupid mistake with Nic...at least she knew that she had someone who would always care about her.

She laughed at her Rhyspa's comment about boycotting boys. Hmm, wonder if I could manage that? she thought curiously. "Maybe that would be a good idea, but do you really think we could do that? Might be a nice little goal to set for ourselves." she said, still trying to avoid the tears that were coming from her friends eyes.

"It'd be fairly easy," Rhyspa said after much thinking. "There are hardly any boys our age here." She frowned. All the boys here were either Bruin or some third year boys. Everyone else was too young or professors. "It's just annoying that he got my hopes up and crushed them. He's an ass and he deserves hell."

Rhyspa was still furious about the way Nicolae treated Kat. She'd already been through enough, but him treating her like that was unacceptable.

Kat flinched at what Rhyspa said. There was only one boy that had been on her mind constantly for the last few weeks (and if she was being truthful with herself for much, much longer) and the thought of giving him up was absolutely out of the question. The others she could live without and Bruin had been acting funny the last week or so anyways. "He'll pay Rhyspa...don't fret about that." she said with a scary glint in her eyes, "They both will!"

Rhyspa stayed quiet. She agreed with Kat, those boys needed to pay. They went too far, playing with young girls' hearts. They had to be stopped before more girls fell under their charm. Of course, Rhyspa didn't think either of them would go any younger than 13, seeing as that was Kat's age. Everyone else was younger. 'Spa could only think of a handful of older girls- Lemina, Cyndi, Estrella, Lily, Hilary, Kiera, and Caysi. Rhyspa looked at Kat and said, "I hope they don't fool anyone else into their trap."

Rhyspa shifted her weight and got comfortable once more. "I've got a new charm I've been practicing too. Don't know if it'll do any good but I'm itching to try it out."

Kat raised her brow curiously at her best friend. "A new charm huh? Which one? What does it do?" she said a little too zealously, wanting to know what it was, secretly hoping to learn it too.

"Well, I'm not gonna lie, it's Confundo," Rhyspa said. "It confuses its victim. I want to try it out, but I doubt it'll do anything."

Kat's face lit up with a goofy grin. She would love to confuse the hell out of those two boys and make them wander around like blubbering idiots. "I've read about that one. Never tried it though." she said wishing that she was further ahead in school so that she could get the perfect revenge. If she knew more powerful spells then that would make life easier. Just then a thought popped into her head, "Use it on me! Show me how it works!"

"I don't know Kat," Rhyspa said, concern in her voice. "I've only ever done it under supervision." That was part of the truth. Rhyspa didn't want to mess up the spell on her best friend, she didn't want to get in trouble either. She had a thought, she might not get into trouble if Kat asked her to perform it on her. After all, it was educational.

"Alright," Rhyspa sighed, giving in. "Tell me when."

Kat's eyes grew wide with excitement. She sat down on the bench, looked at her best friend and said zealously, "I'm ready now!" She waited for Rhyspa to do, wanting to know exactly how the spell worked.

Rhyspa pulled her wand out and pointed it at Kat. She muttered the charm under her breath, making sure she was saying it right. "Here goes," Rhyspa muttered.

"Confundo!" Rhyspa shouted. Sparks flared out of her wand and hit Kat. She waited for Kat's response, hoping desperately nothing awful happened.

"Kat?"

The spell hit Kat and all of a sudden she felt very out of sorts. She looked at the girl standing in front of her and cocked her head to the side. "Hi! Who are you?" she asked in a light tone. She looked around her, with a vacant expression on her face and then asked, "Where am I?"

Rhyspa couldn't help but giggle. This was too funny. "I'm Rhyspa, you are in the Garden," she said through her laughter. She wondered if Kat knew her own name.

"Whats your name?" she asked, trying her hardest not to laugh.

She giggled as the girl called Rhyspa introduced herself. "In a garden. What's a garden?" she asked curiously, feeling very carefree at the moment. She thought for a moment and then said, "I have a name? Hmm, I'm not sure. Do you know?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back