Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Sturdy Walnut Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Lilyanna was unsure why everyone was making such a big deal about coming to Hogwarts. The only good thing about it was classes which hadn't even officially started yet, but still, everyone was acting as if Hogwarts was the best thing that they'd ever come across in their whole entire life. It annoyed Lily that no one could see her point of view about it and it frustrated her that not even her own twin sister agreed with her. The amount of idiotic people that Lilyanna had come across during her time at Hogwarts so far was unbelieveable and each and every day that came was just another day she wishes that she went to Beauxbatons instead of Hogwarts. It wasn't as if Lilyanna chose what school she wanted to go to but she wouldn't have accepted the offer if she knew the place was this packed with people she didn't like.

With her favourite book still clutched tightly against her stomach, she made her way through the courtyard with her head looking straight down at the ground below her feet. She couldn't stand looking at all of the excited and happy faces when she was feeling the complete opposite. In fact, Lilyanna didn't even know what she was feeling at that moment. All she knew was that during her time here she was going to miss her family which made the whole situation worse. She loved learning but crowds definitely wasn't her thing and she had, surprisingly, already started to feel a bit of hatred for this place.

Her thoughts were stopped abruptly when she felt impact. Her book fell from her clasp and she fumbled for it before looking up to see that she had stumbled upon a Ravenclaw. The Ravenclaw didn't look too much older than she was and she sighed, glad that it wasn't someone bigger than her who looked like they were going to beat Lilyanna up for what she did. "Sorry," she mumbled before bending down to pick up her book. Next time she should really watch where she was going.

Zara was still trying to find the lay of the land here at Hogwarts so as she was bundled up for the cold air she walked back from the lake. She'd been hoping maybe to see a mermaid surface or something similar but she had no luck. It wasn't until she had actually cracked open the book she'd borrowed from the library about mer creatures that Zara realized that they didn't surface much in the colder months. Disappointed as she was, her mind was now more preoccupied by the hot chocolate she craved. Marshmellows and all. At least that was until her grip loosened and she dropped the book so the Ravenclaw had to stop to pick it up.

Walking slower how and inspecting it to make sure she hadn't caused any damage to it Zara was hardly paying proper attention to what was ahead of her. It was something she tried not to do but partially unavoidable now that she had already begun. Although she was stopped short when she bumped into someone. She gasped in shock and then immediately apologized. "I'm sorry. Are you okay?" she asked. As she saw the girl pick up her book, she hoped that the fault was less on Zara's own and more on the girls or perhaps a match of them both to avoid a confrontation. All Zara wanted was hot chocolate after all.

ooc: sorry it's so short.

The girl asked if Lilyanna was okay and Lily hesitated, pondering the question. She was indeed fine and her book still seemed in good shape but was she really okay? Her life seemed a bit messed up and it was treating her a bit unfair at the moment but she still nodded, sending the girl a small smile. "I'll be fine, thanks." she said, glad that the girl was even a little bit worried about her. Not many people had that kind of courtesy anymore and Lilyanna was pleased that she finally found someone who did. "It was my fault so there's no need to apologise." She noticed the girl was a Ravenclaw and smiled at her robes. She had never met a Ravenclaw before and so far they didn't seem that bad at all. After all, the girl seemed nice unlike some people Lilyanna had met so far.

"I'm Lilyanna but you can call me Lily if you want." she said, awkwardly putting her hand out for the girl to shake. She wasn't the best at talking to people and only hoped that the girl didn't already think Lilyanna was weird upon first meeting. Usually when people made friends they introduced themselves first according to a book she had read prior to coming to Hogwarts. She wanted to make a friend or at least someone that she could talk to and hopefully this girl was thinking the same way. Besides, Lilyanna needed more friends and her parents would be very proud of her if they knew she was making friends at Hogwarts, especially her father.

Relief washed over Zara as she found she hadn't hurt the other girl, so she smiled politely. Still there was an insistence for pleasantries about whose fault it was and normally the Ravenclaw wasn't bothered by it but she was admittedly quite cold after spending all that time by the lake, mostly not moving. She was getting desperate for that hot drink now so she simply shook her head. That would have to suffice for the moment.

As Lily introduced herself, Zara smiled again and took her hand although she was sure she felt like ice. "I'm Zara." As she released the girl's hand from a shake she brought both of her own hands to her face to breath on them in attempt to warm them up. "Nice to meet you," she said then gave one more exhale before stuffing one hand in her pocket, the book under her arm and her other hand into the other pocket while she shifted. "Are you a first year too?" she asked. Zara was quite short so it was a bit more obvious than with others but her mom always said she would shoot up like a tree soon enough so she hardly minded looking up to people.

Lilyanna watched as the girl who had introduced herself as Zara began to warm her hands. Were Lilyanna's hands too cold for her? Did Zara suppose Lilyanna had some kind of germs? Whatever it was, Lilyanna tried to brush it aside and simply stood there and continued smiling at her, trying her best not to make the situation any more awkward. Zara didn't seem to walk away yet so that was a plus. In fact, she was carrying on the conversation and Lilyanna took a small sigh of relief. It was indeed nice to meet Zara too but Lilyanna just nodded at her, afraid that if she said too much then it would all turn out horribly. She would have to continue reading that book on how to make friends as she was sure that she probably didn't get enough out of it that she needed. Being at a school with a lot of people meant heaps of opportunities to mess up if she didn't.

"Uh, yeah! I'm a first year." Lilyanna spoke up, answering Zara's question. She knew that Zara was a first year but it might have been harder to pick out Lilyanna. After all, Lilyanna was pretty tall for her age but it might not have been very hard at all due to her obvious lack of knowledge about the school. She would try her best to learn as much as she could about it this year so she would be able to make the new first years comfortable next year. The Slytherin prefects weren't really doing a good enough job at that this year so hopefully Lilyanna would be able to help them. "Have you met anyone at this school yet?" Lilyanna asked in hopes that there was a secret group of extremely nice people that Lilyanna could make friends with. She had had enough of being surrounded by people she didn't like but maybe she was just looking in the wrong places.

As most of the first years were pretty much thrown into this school without much information she always felt pretty relieved to meet another one because there seemed to be an aura of knowledge around the older years that worried the girl. She hated to be thought of as clueless so being near her peers was a bit of a relief to the girl. Zara smiled and said, "Cool." At least that was until she was asked if she had met anyone else yet. Of course she had Lennon but for the most part there were no real lasting people yet. Some of her roommates she'd met but didn't know that well yet, of course she hoped that they would become close soon. "I guess so," she answered uncertainly, a shrug on her shoulders. "It's early still," she added for clarification. The last thing she wanted to sound like was some sort of freak unable to be friends - that would make her a social pariah. She needed the connections for the future, that much she knew already.

Taking the attention away from herself, Zara asked Lilyanna the same. "What about you?" She knew a few people already had friends from before they'd even been sorted but as she and Lennon had been bounced from house to house they never really had very many friends their own age. They had to pretty much rely on each other which had been good for them at the time but now she wanted to spread out and partake in the social aspect of Hogwarts while she didn't have to worry about classes or homework. For now anyway.

Their conversation so far seemed pretty civil and Lilyanna couldn't believe she had made it this far considering she was really not good at being social. In these last five minutes she had made herself proud. She hadn't seemed to mess up yet and hopefully it was going to stay that way. The fact that Zara didn't seem pretty sure about the people who she had met didn't surprise Lilyanna at all. She wasn't sure about many people at this school either and it was like no one owned a brain. Lilyanna was just fortunate enough to have finally found someone who did own one. "So... Who did you meet?" she asked eagerly, hoping that Zara could maybe introduce them to her if she could. If Zara liked them then hopefully Lilyanna would. After all, Ravenclaws didn't seem that bad so far so she just hoped that one Ravenclaw wasn't going to ruin her outlook of them as it only ever took one person to set Lilyanna off.

"Me? Umm..." she began, trying to decide whether or not she should start talking to Zara about some of the idiots she had met. She could always tell her about her sister but she wasn't sure if the girl would have liked to hear about that either. Her father had always tried to teach her that you should always think of others before yourself as Lilyanna was not very good at that so she tried to rack her brain to find something else to say but decided she'd tell the truth anyway. "I've met... some people." she said tentatively, beginning to nervously play with her thumbs. "I have a sister but, well... she isn't in the same house as me and umm... I've met some people but I don't really like them." She gave Zara a small smile, hoping that she hadn't said something that was going to stop them from becoming friends. She seemed like a nice person so far so hopefully Lilyanna was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back