Away From Home

Tressa Kaine

Wand
Curly 11 Inch Flexible Chestnut Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Tressa Kaine was a girl in turmoil. That was the absolute truth of the situation. She was not exactly a priss or a girly girl fashionista, but she knew when she looked good and when she didn't. Right now, she looked like and ungroomed animal someone had left behind. Sighing in annoyance as she looked in the mirror, a hairy thing staring back at her, she tried one more time in vain, to get her hair to sit in a tidy fashion. However it seemed that this day was not going to welcome her in a good fashion. Growling slightly and glaring at the brush in her hand, Tressa quickly twisted her hair up into a messy bun, before going to join her father downstairs. "You looked pretty miffed, Tress. What's eatin' you?" Tressa immediately pointed to her head for which her father only laughed. However, his humour had the opposite effect of what he undoubtedly wanted because he was soon faced with an enraged young daughter. He threw his hands up in an attempt to placate the girl and Tressa eventually subsided. "My hair hates me dad. I can't go outside looking like this!"Phillip shook his head and handed a beanie to his daughter, urging her to wear it. She was far to young to stay home on her own, so she was going to have to wear the beanie if she was going to complain. Tressa was however, very greatful for the beanie, because she was simply going to refuse to go anywhere if she was going to be seen with the hair of an unkempt beast. It was just entirely wrong. Newspapers and magazines would have a field day! "Daddy, thankyou. I love you." Tressa grinned as she finally followed her father out the door into the wide expanse of the rest of the apartment complex.

Tressa nodded, waved and smiled at some of the other residents as they made their way through the corridors and down the stairs to the car. Tressa jumped into the passenger seat and immediately buckled up. Normally, Tressa and her father would walk to places, but seeing as they were only recently in New Zealand and hadn't had time to really get to know they place yet, they had both agreed that a car was their best and safest option. It would have been a hell of a time if they had walked to the shops, only to find that they would be walking all the way home for miles with bags of groceries. Tressa stuck her feet up on the dashboard and pulled out her small game device to pass the time. She had some Pokemon games and a couple of strategy games as well, but she didn't play it often, because she much preferred to be active and playing a sport. Never the less, Tress was nothing if not adaptive, so she was quite happy to stay indoors on those occasions that called for it. After all, she was still a child and she did enjoy playing with dolls too. Sometimes she thought that maybe her interest in sport was because of her father, but he never forced anything onto her, so she never really worried about it. Soon they came upon a shopping centre that looked like it would have everything they would need. A grocery store, a furniture store and a clothing store. Tressa helped her father find a decent parking spot and soon the pair were traipsing all around the shopping centre looking to buy everything that they needed. However, as Tressa was mucking about with her father, she didn't notice that they were in the path of someone else until Tressa had virtually fallen on top of them. "Oh my god! I am so sorry! Are you okay!"

"Daddy!" Shouted a very eager young Prudence to her father, whom was now taking of the tie he'd put on that morning. It was mid afternoon now, and Prudence was excited to get out into Wellington. Once a week, Marc and Ben took the day off, and took Prue out to the city for some shopping and a lunch together. Now that her fathers knew that she would be off to school in a few months, they had been making every lunch special. The last lunch they had went out for, she was given a new kitten, which she named Hughie, to match Louie, her other cat. She was so happy that she had jumped for joy. Prue smiled up at her father, now grabbing his hand and pulling him out to the car, where Benjamin was waiting. The man laughed as they got into the car, Prue sitting in the back seat and buckling up her belt. It was probably a ten minute drive, but the young girl didn't mind, as she sang slightly off key along with the radio.

Prue was first out of the car when her and her parents arrived at the shopping area. They first stopped into a clothing and accessories store. It wasn't a glamorous one, but Prue preferred it that way. She wasn't much for fashion, not the way her fathers were. She picked out some new headbands, and another pair of shoes. Prue loved being spoiled, but she had insisted that she could wear all her old clothing at school. Her fathers, however, wanted to make sure that she was well supplied. It was a kind gesture, and many people believed that Prue was just spoiled rotten. The young girl, however, seemed very patient and grounded. These traits had made Prue the few friends she had made at her home school; however, she hoped to make more permanent friends once she arrived at Hogwarts.

A clicking and flash of a camera caught Prue's attention. "Dad!" She whined, though her giggle made it obvious that she was only being playful. Everywhere she went her fathers loved to take pictures. Every month, at the end of the month, they would sit down and put the decent photos into this years scrap book. That was something that Prue would miss when he was away at school. She wondered if they would wait for her until she was on a break to finish it. They did one every year together. Prue started to walk backwards, wanting her father to take a few more photos as she made silly poses. She was so enveloped in what she was doing that she didn't notice the girl whom was fast approaching her. She had just turned to continue walking, when she smacked into her; hard enough to knock her off her feet.

Prue rubbed her head slightly as she looked up and over to see a brunette her age. The girl was pretty, and upon closer inspection, looked like she may be older than Prue. Prue stood up and laughed slightly. "No, I'm sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going either." Once Prudence was up on her feet again, she extended a hand to the brunette, eager to make a friend. "I'm Prudence!" She introduced herself with a big grin, her blue eyes lighting up as her father came over and put a hand on her shoulder. Benjamin had already parted to go find some groceries. Nothing that would need to be ran home right away, just a few breads and whatnot.

Sorry this took so long! Also sorry for the length.

Despite the situation, Tressa could not stop herself from laughing. She wasn't sure why, but she definitely shouldn't be laughing in this situation. She rolled off of the other girl and tried to quell her laughing with a shaky hand, but it didn't appear to be working all too well. Tressa rubbed her mouth slightly where it had connected with the other girl's head. She hoped her mouth wasn't bleeding. Moving her hand up to her mouth, Tressa realised that she had probably bitten her tongue or something. She turned her head to look at her father and bared her teeth at him. "What's the damage, Dad?" She asked, before taking the girl's offered hand and standing up. "Please, we're both to blame for this." She said, shaking her head. She was glad this girl didn't seem to be too seriously injured, she would be upset if that was the case. Tressa then turned her head towards her father as he mentioned that they should find a bathroom to wash her mouth. She definitely agreed, because the rusty taste of the blood in her mouth was starting to make her want to gag. She'd had a bloody mouth before, from all her sporting activities. "I'm Tressa and I think we should find a bathroom." She told the girl, laughing slightly before holding her mouth in slight pain. "I think I got my lip too! Is it swollen?" She asked, looking between the girl, Prudence, and her father, Phillip.

Prudence's face lit up, and she even let out a few giggles as the girl rolled off of her. She nodded in response to what the young girl had to say. It was true, Prue hadn't been watching where she was going, and neither was the other girl. She supposed that it was a good way to start conversations while making new friends though. The girl didn't appear to be hurt, and Prue didn't feel any bleeding, so she was sure that she she was just fine. Prudence had never really been worried about split lips and bruises though. The hand shake was brief, but Prue held her hand firm. Just like her father had taught her. Benjamin was always on about how a good handshake makes the best impression. Prue nodded at Tressa, though now Marc was at her side. "Dad, I'm fine. I'm going to go fix myself in the bathroom!" She smiled, her tone not demanding or whiny. Sometimes her parents were just so overbearing. "Your lip is fine, let's just run some ice water on it!" Prudence knew a thing or two about minor injuries. Prue watched the girl, waiting for the two of them to head off together to the bathroom, to make sure no serious damage was done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back