OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Knotted 13" Sturdy Rosewood Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Marcos had been feeling a little low, he’d admitted some of his feelings towards Gabriella, but it was obvious that she didn’t feel the same way back. It had spurred him to try to move on, to let his crush on her go because if she didn’t like him back then he didn’t want to make it weird. But he saw her everyday and he thought about her a lot, it was proving difficult to just get over it, when he was sure that maybe she had actually liked him back. But regardless, as part of his getting over her idea in life that Gryffindor knew that he needed to come to the yuleball feast, dress up and play the part he was always supposed to. Just be single and maybe mingle, perhaps attending such an event would open him up to someone new that would be more suited to him, someone who would like him back. He could only hope for something like that to happen. Mostly he just hoped that he would neither see her nor run into her. It was a busy event so there was little guarantee that he would see her. He would actively avoid her. He was however glancing about everywhere in the hall for her, for any glance at her but he didn’t see her. Instead he focused on getting a drink and looking for someone that he could talk to during this night that was not Gabriella.

Kira had debated coming to the Yule Ball. She knew her friends all had plans. She had almost expected Calean to ask her. She was a little surprised to find herself disappointed that he hadn't. She caught herself looking for him as she came into the Hall. She shook her head. He was sure to be here with someone much prettier and less awkward. She sighed as she walked over to get a drink. It seemed everyone in her life was too busy for her. Even the twins each had someone to turn to. It was a bit odd, but she found herself jealous. She wished there was someone to talk to. She was feeling incredibly lonely. Kira got herself a cup of pumpkin juice, brooding and a little sad.

Marcos sighed a little but ended up spotting a younger girl who looked equally as sad as he likely did stood at the drinks table. He had his own drink in hand and glanced the girl over, not someone he knew, she was younger than him, very clearly not a gryffindor or he might've seen her, she wasn't in any of the circles that he might know her from, but she was dressed nicely and was alone. He looked at her and decided maybe taking to someone would be good for him, "Hey," he greeted speaking over the music which blared over the place, it was loud but not too loud that at this specific table he couldn't have a conversation with this girl, "You don't look happy to be here?" he said, though of course he didn't know for certain how true this was. "Is there some boy or girl I gotta give a stern talking to?" if he knew which she liked or that could've put the frown on her face he'd be more specific but he wasn't prone to violence or anything like that, he tended to stay well away from it. But if this girl was feeling a bit down over someone specifically he could imagine that maybe it was just something light and airy to say to someone else. Something that was just a bit of fun. He smiled at her, keep his expression warm and kind, "I'm Marcos by the way,"

Kira looked up and blinked as a tall boy spoke to her. She blushed as he correctly guessed she wasn't happy to be at the ball. The blush only deepened when he suggested that he could give a boy or girl a talking to. Her mind flashed to Caelen but she just shook the thought away. It was a moment after he introduced herself before the girl found her voice. "O-oh, ah, my name is Kira." She reached up to tuck her hair behind her ear before remembering it was pulled back. "I... I'm alright but thank you." She smiled shyly at Marcos. "You, ah, you don't have a date?" She asked, a little nervous but trying to make conversation anyway.

The boy watched her as she appeared to think a bit about all he had said, eventually deciding that she didn’t need his help too much. Kira, ”That’s a nice name,” he said without really thinking about it. At the question he shook his head, ”No, no one to ask really,” the boy didn’t think that he should unload all of his problems, all of the issues he was having with Gabriella and his own problems with his own feelings to this younger girl, so instead he decided that he needed to keep things light and kind, keep things easy. The boy smiled at her and decided that they appeared to be both wallowing a little in self pity, they needed to not be, this was a celebration, this was meant to be a celebration. So, he decided what he needed to do, Marcos held out his hand to her and smiled, ”Kira, can I interest you in a dance?” Marcos didn’t feel like she would reject him, maybe wouldn’t want to dance but it would be the good thing to do. It would be something they could do together. It could be something to push down all the other thoughts and feelings and Marcos would sure that it would be a good distraction, he’d spent his time focusing on not stepping on her toes he wouldn’t even be looking for Gabriella.

Kira nodded as Marcos echoed her reason for not having a date. “I wonder where they find each other,” she murmured, half to herself as she looked out and spotted Sapphire with Mervyn. They weren't dancing, but they were still together. She looked at them longingly for a moment. Why couldn't she find that? Marcos brought her back to herself when he asked her to dance. She turned to him, surprise clear on her face. “Me? Really?” She blinked. “I-I mean, alright. If you're sure…” she trailed off, a little uncertain, but took his hand hesitantly anyway. She smiled shyly.

Marcos couldn’t help the little laugh at what she said, it was quite where he’d barely heard her, but he couldn’t help but imagine a field where people found each other for events like this. The gryffindor was pleased however, when she accepted his offer to dance. He nodded, ”Of course, you’re a pretty person, wearing a pretty dress, would be a pity to just be stood here a bit glum,” the boy told her. He led her out to the dance floor and found a spot for them to dance, ”I’ll admit, I’m not good at dancing, but I’ll do my best,” the boy told her with a little smile upon his features. The teen knew that it would be good and fun to dance with someone make the night a little less boring for both of them, and honestly he was more focused upon Kira than he was about finding Gabriella. He smiled, ”So, tell me a little about you then?” he asked, they were dancing, but he figured they had the time to learn a little. He had to lean in slightly so he would be sure she’d hear him but if she decided to reply was a different matter.

Kira felt herself blushing when Marcos complimented her. "O-oh, um, t-thank you. Y-you look rather handsome yourself," she stuttered as she followed him onto the floor. "O-oh, that's alright. I'm not very good either," she smiled shyly as they reached the dance floor. She stayed in place to the music, unsure what to do. "O-oh, ah, I'm a third year Ravenclaw. M-my older sister made the dress," her blue eyes brightened as she mentioned Tyra. She adored her sister. "What about you, Marcos?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back