Kadi
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Swishy Oak Wand with Boomslang Venom Core
[Open after Daph posts with Gwen]

Felix had spent a lot of time before he got his letter wanting to magic so badly his dad started to show him how muggles did magic tricks. Obviously they didn't involve magic at all which was exactly why he could practice them as much as he could. He thought he might grow tired of the hobby once he started school but that wasn't the case. Even though he could cast some spells and would quickly be able to do this tricks with the flick of his wand he still felt immensely satisfied when he got the hang of a muggle trick. Sure it wasn't as impressive as a fireball but he liked how simple it was. Today he had taken over the abandoned classroom to practice and really put on a show, even if there was no one there to see it. Felix bowed to is imaginary audience and held up a piece of rope approximately the length of his arm. "Now ladies and gentlemen, you may see just a regular piece of rope." he began in a deep voice that made him sound like some kind of ringleader. "But what if I told you it was a magic rope that could stich itself back together if cut." he continued and paused for dramatic effect even if he was only met with silence.

Whenever Gwen had nothing to do, she liked to explore the school and simply wander around. Hogwarts was full of interesting rooms and sercets, and Gwen was hopeful to find a few things she could tell her classmates about. She also just liked watching other students, especially the older ones who seemed to be popular. Gwen thought it was interesting to see how some people reacted to them, and how different it was to how they reacted to other people. She was on the second floor today, moving past the prefects common room which opened to let someone out. Gwen couldn't resist catching a glimpse of the inside, but the door soon closed. She sighed and kept going, but paused as she heard a voice from the abandoned classroom. The door wasn't entirely closed, so Gwen nudged it open to see inside. She spotted a familiar face, but saw that Felix seemed to be talking to himself. He seemed to be giving some sort of magic show, and the deep voice he was using made Gwen giggle. She put her hand over her mouth and quickly stepped into the room, closing the door behind her. "What are you doing?" She asked, amused. "Is the rope really magical?"

Felix felt like he jumped nearly a foot in the air when he heard a voice interrupt his train of thought, He clutched his chest and turned around to see that it was Gwen who stumbled upon his practice. He smiled at her and eagerly gestured for her to sit down. Of all the people to have found him he was glad it was her and not some professor who was going to tell him off for being somewhere he wasn't supposed to be. Felix hesitated when she asked if the rope was magical. Technically it wasn't by their definition, but for the sake of the trick you were supposed to say it was. "Ummm....kind of." he said finally. "Or just pretend magic doesn't exist, and then yes it is." he clarified quickly and hoped she'd play along. It was always more impressive if you just played along.

Gwen giggled as Felix jumped, covering her mouth with her hand. She was glad he didn't seem to mind the interruption and sat down as he gestured for her to. Gwen titled her head slightly when he explained the rope was 'kind of' magical and then told her to pretend magic didn't exist. "Okay..." She said, smiling slightly. "Are you doing some sort of show?" She asked, as he had sounded like he was talking to an audience earlier, even though there was no one here.

Felix somehow felt more self conscious as Gwen watched him than if she had just laughed at his explanation. He hesitated when she asked if he was putting on a show and was starting to feel a little silly. "Well I was pretending to." he said quickly but realized now he wasn't exactly pretending anymore. "But now I guess I actually am." he added with a laugh. He chewed his lip as he contemplated what to do next. "Do you want to see a trick?" Felix asked.

Gwen smiled when Felix admitted how he had been pretending to do a show, but that he now thought he actually was giving a show. She clapped quickly. "Yes, I'd love to be your audience." She said brightly. She wasn't really sure if she thought this sort of thing was cool, but it wasn't like anyone was here to see. It would be good to make a friend. "Yes please, show me a trick." She said brightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back