Athene-Great Hall Incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel Lloyd

OOC First Name
Amanda
Gabriel rushed into the Hospital Wing with Athene Perthro, who was currently unconscious and had lost a lot of blood. Levitating her onto the bed, he waited for someone to appear or for further notification, informing the Hospital wing attendant not to remove the girl's bindings until further notice.

Athene didn't move, and her breaths were shallow and far apart. Her face was white, and sticky with blood. Her skin was cold. She remained unconscious.
<i></i>

Professor Manteia entered the Hospital Wing with Bellatrix, still bound, in tow. He lowered her into a chair near the foot of Athene's bed and turned to Professor Lloyd. "Good morning Professor Lloyd. My apologies for the intrusion, but I wish to speak with Miss Green and Miss Perthro as soon as she is awake about their actions."., he said in a low, but stern voice.

Professor Manteia surveyed the Perthro girl with some concern, he had not realized the severity of the situation in term's of the girl's health, but was confident that she would recover. She had found the strength to participate in this regrettable incident and she would need to return to health in order to deal with the arduous task that he would set for her to make amends for her actions.
<i></i>

Gabriel, having taken a seat in the Hospital Wing a considerable distance away from the bound Perthro girl, was not surprised to see her head of house enter with the rather rambunctious Miss Green, who thankfully, was bound as well. He was quite irritated that he had been woken up because some stupid girls decided to partake in a silly joke, that was rather reminiscint of the Chamber of Secrets back at the old Hogwarts. He had the urge to point out that it had all been done before and if they were going to cause trouble, they should at least possess some speck of originality. However, being the adult he had to be, he said nothing, acknowledging Professor Manteia.

"Good morning, Professor Manteia," he echoed, bags prominent under his eyes, not having gotten to get a wink of rest the previous night, "And I would expect no less; not always desirable is the period in time when consequence meets the action." He laced his fingers together, deciding to stick around in case anything else unfortunate might happen, although he was pretty sure that Arithmos could handle two bound girls.

Professor Manteia nodded in agreement with Professor Lloyd's sentiments. The time of reckoning was approaching and Arithmos decided to draw on his understanding of the nature of snakes to foreshadow what was to come. "These two are about to learn that snakes only spit venom when confronted by a foe larger than themselves. In contrast, a more powerful snake will sink its fangs deep into a target and not let go until it has succumbed.", he stated with a controlled intensity before continuing. "I think that I will advise the headmistress that things are well in hand." A King Cobra burst forth from Arithmos' wand and darted from the room with a surprising mixture of power and grace.

"Do you think it is time to revive the Perthro girl or shall we wait a little longer to see if the hospital staff arrives?", Arithmos stated, intent on bringing Athene to consciousness himself if there was any further delay.
<i></i>

Gabriel sat in his chair quietly as he listened intently to Professor Manteia, figuring that while his words were a bit frightening to the normal man, they held more than a grain of truth. He nodded, blinking a bit, although he kept his composure calm; he was not looking forward to giving exams today, and knew that the students better hope for their sake that he found them well mannered. He was not his normal self when he was incredibly tired, and there was hardly any time to sleep now.

"I believe that we can revive her," he drawled, "As the hospital staff seem to be slow on the uptake tonight. Would you like me to do the honors or would you prefer to bring her back to an animated state yourself?"

Victoria Sawbridge heaved her heavy bags up the stairs. She was out of breath. She puffed her way into the hospital wing. Her eyes widened. People were there! She thought she'd be alone to unpack. She saw the girl lying on the bed and dropped her bags. She rushed over with her small black bag.
"I'm Victoria Sawbridge. What happened?"

Arithmos appreciated Professor Lloyd's calm and controlled approach to the situation and his willingness to do what needed to be done, despite the rather tired look about him. He was about to reply when a nurse entered. "Miss Perthro here wished to paint in her own blood and apparently didn't have the forethought to appreciate the consequences. I would like to see her revived as soon as possible, but she will need to remain bound for the time being.", Arithmos replied simply.<i></i>

Bellatrix eyes darted from Manteia and Lloyd furious at both of them for their stupid chit chat. Suddenly though upon listening to her Head of House's subtle threat, she began to become very frightened. He understood the writing.....he is using our own words against us..... she thought beginning to panic. Although also taken by surprise that he would use such sly actions, but then again, he was a Slytherin. She heightened her hearing listening to any more words they may say, entitling her fate, not forgetting the promise she made to her self to injure him, when she could. Yet soon her mind wandered from these dark thoughts as she saw her dear companion laying on the hospital bed. Covered in blood, like Bella had been...well still was she never considered the strenuous nature of their actions. It was fun...well fun to them, a good threat yet it went so wrong. They were caught.....Athene...her true friend unconscious....what now....was it only to get worse?

Gabriel's eyes narrowed as the nurse entered, still not inclined to get up from his seat, and was about to speak when Arithmos handled the greeting and problem on his own. It was probably a good thing- He was one to snap at others when he was tired, and was glad that his professionalism had prevented him from doing so thus far.

He nodded at the nurse, waiting anxiously to see what would happen when Athene was woken up- These girls needed to receive their punishment, and quickly.

Arithmos had always been a man of action and appreciated the importance of time. Neither he nor Professor Lloyd could afford any further delay and it was likely that the nurse would not permit Athene to be woken until she had been properly assessed. Without an additional word, Arithmos stepped forward with wand raised and cast Ennervate!. The Perthro girl would wake up and accept her fate, her medical needs could be attended to when his work was done.<i></i>

Athene blinked as she woke up. She was lying in the hospital wing. She tried to sit up,but it made her head spin... she blinked some more, and nearly gasped when she saw the small crowd in the room. Professor Manteia, Professor Lloyd and a nurse stood before her. She sent a panic stricken look at Bellatrix, but didn't speak. She was worried that if she were to open her mouth, she might vomit.
<i></i>

"Sir! That is highly unethical." Victoria waved her wand over the girl. She took out a blood replenishing potion. "Drink this." She told the girl. "You've lost a lot of blood." She would wait for Athene to drink it.

Bellatrix looked at Athene with worried eyes, trying to silently warn her friend of the hell they would probably endure, by the sounds of Manteia's threat. She was frightened. Deeply frightened, like the first time she had a Dementor lay it cold dead hands, squeezing her frail first year neck. She wanted to save Athene from the consequences of her actions....even though Athene took part in the plan...she still felt responsible for this young friend of hers. After seeing her unconscious body she never wanted to see her like that every again.

Athene tried to smile at the nurse as she took the potion. She felt embarrassed... embarrassed that she had been stunned, while Bella had not. Embarrassed that she felt nauseous and light headed, while Bella apparently did not. She also felt afraid.

She downed the potion in one, and began to feel a little better.
<i></i>

Bellatrix was used to such body loss extremities. Although she had never truly experienced as much blood loss as they had just experienced, she has had no small amount of trauma. Yet also, when doing 'evil' acts she gets a sort of high thus, pushing any emotion aside to accomplish her close minded goals.

"Better?" Victoria asked Athene. "You should be right as rain in a couple minutes." Victoria took in the stance of the men. They didn't look too happy.
"I'll wait over here. In case I'm needed." She said awkwardly. She grabbed her bags and sat down away from them.

Bellatrix inwardly cackled at the awkward nurse. You think you are being so helpful...don't you.... she thought, diminishing any mental pride the woman had.

Professor Manteia stood back and permitted the nurse to administer the blood replenishing potion, but esentially dismissing her comment about ethics. If there was a price to be paid for his actions then he would gladly pay it later. He had achieved his objective, the girl was awake and the nurse had provided her with what she needed, enough blood to provide her brain with the nourishment it would require to absorb what he was about to deliver.

"Miss Perthro, I am glad to see that you are alert. It is important to me that the two of you understand what I am about to say. You have made a serious error in judgment on this day and for it you will be required to pay a very stiff price before you are able to resume your studies at this school." Professor Manteia glared from one girl to the next, his eyes settling upon Bellatrix at this point.

"The two of you will be permitted to leave the school and proceed with whatever holiday plans that you have arranged. However, Miss Green will do so without her wand. In addition, your guardians will be informed that you are suspended from all further classes here...", Professor Manteia paused for several moments, "...UNTIL you have completed a special course with me."

Professor Manteia's gaze fell to Athene now and he continued. "If you wish to resume your schooling this fall, you will return to Hogwarts New Zealand one week early, at which point you will be required to complete a series of research papers and essays on Prejudice, in all of its reprehensible forms. We will examine muggle issues related to racism, sexism, classism, religious persecution, and homophobia before discussing something that you are both apparently familiar with, Blood Prejudice. Should you complete the lessons and papers to my satisfaction then you will be permitted to resume your studies, if not, then you will not be welcome anywhere on school grounds."

Professor Manteia returned his glare to Bellatrix. "And seeing as you wish to share your views and opinions on such matters with the rest of the student body, it is likely that your papers will be published in the school newsletter and posted so that others might learn from your hard work as well."

Professor Manteia turned and began to walk from the room, not caring to release the girls from any of their magical binds. As he reached the door, he turned to regard the girls, wondering but not really caring one way or the other if it would be the last time he would lay eyes upon them. "Oh, and incidentally, snake venom doesn't always kill. In fact, small amounts are actually used to create Antivenom. The two of you have much to learn." With that said, Professor Manteia swept from the room, his footsteps soon only a distant echo.
<i></i>

The moment Manteia was out of the room, Athene turned to Bella. "He can't do that!" She cried. "Oh, my father's going to kill me." She could have burst into tears. What would her father do? She shuddered at the thought of the crutiatus curse.

She sent a pleading look at Professor Lloyd, but knew that it was no good. She swore, wanting to bury her head in her hands.
<i></i>

Bellatrix face fell. What.... she thought. Her eyes diffinatly showed it. Manteia gave her one of the worst punishments of her life. She could take fear, and pain, solitude, but reflecting on her deeds. Practically apologizing for what she believed in...expulsion... This was too much! She wanted to scream. She wanted to just say 'Screw school!' But she knew she couldn't. That would let Alicia down....that would let Manteia down...the noble memory of her parents. School was all she had. Nothing more, without school she would be once more alone....on the streets....begging....stealing....nothing. They continuously badgered her to reform...no matter what. Yet Bella truly didn't care for her 'evil' deed as much as she didn't want to return to being alone. Uncared for, unwanted. Thats what her parents did to her. She constantly pulled and tugged on the ropes securing them, making sure they would catch her fall, and not let her hit the ground. Bellatrix was lost, lonely, and no matter any amount of physiological amount, she was yearning for true support, love, care, family. Bellatrix then looked at Athene with saddned eyes, her dear disheartened friend. Although she still could not speak, she deeply wished to console her friend.

Victoria began to wonder what she'd gotten into. She couldn't believe how angry that man had been. She hesitantly cast finite on the girl who could not speak. "You're both free to go. If I'm needed I'll be unpacking." She left them to get her bags and unpack.

Athene gaped as the nurse left. Sure, Bella could speak now... but they were both still bound and Athene was still covered in blood and had no wand to use Scougify with. So yeah, they could go, but they'd look a sight and probably scare a few people.

"Professor Lloyd?" She gave him a pleading look. She wasn't in a position to worry about being too proud to beg.
<i></i>

Bellatrix let out an sudden shrieked. Glad that she could finally speak once more. "Manteia that b@st@rd thinks that he can f**king knows everything. Why can't he just stop trying to be an annoying noble b@st@rd! How dare he take away my wand once more, and even threaten me to write pitiful essays so that he can say he reformed the 'bad' exampled student. Its as if he actually thinks it is going to work, can't he figure out that it is an easy punishment to fake once more being kind?! Or better yet I could just quit now and re-find all the Death Eaters! After all I have just been dieing to use the powerful response my mark gives off to people!" she screamed, not even making much sense and forgetting that Professor Lloyd was even still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back