At Durmy

Steph Shirley

Wand
'Yew Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Phoenix Feather'.
Steph was walking the halls of Durmstrang, a soft smile on her face. Things in her life seemed to be getting better. She had met someone who made her happier than she had ever been, her friends were the most amazing people, she was getting closer to her cousins, and she had just made it into a band!

As she walked, she sang softly to herself, This heart, it beats, beats for only you. My heart is yours..

She had written that song herself, it was about her friends mainly, and how they helped her through the toughest time in her life, but the chorus was about Detrick.

Steph grinned as she thought of Detrick, she couldnt wait to tell him about the band. She desperately wanted to see him, it had only been a few days, but she loved the feeling of being in his arms..

Detrick made his way out of Darks Arts class, it had been one of his favorite classes when he was somewhat depressed at had a dull, boring life. But as of a few days ago his life had become ten times better than he ever could have imagined it. Steph, the person who plauged his thoughts every minute of everyday, even when he was sleeping he dreamt of her, in his arms.

Making his way down the halls of Drumstrang he saw a flash of bright orange. His heart missed a beat as he got closer and closer to his girlfriend. He hadn't seen her in a few days because she was in New Zealand auditioning for a band. He knew she would have no problem on getting his, she was amazing, but he had to do for definate. Sneaking up behind her he rapped his arms around her and leaned into kiss her on the cheek, "Hello beautiful." he said happily, having her in his arms once again.

As soon as Steph felt someone wrap their arms around her she knew it was Detrick. Her heart did the usual skipping beats as he kissed her on the cheek.
Hello BeautifulShe turned in his arms, and put her arms around Detricks neck, hugging him tightly.
Sighing happily she pulled away, kissing him on the lips softly. She was unsure what to say to him, she wanted to say she missed him, but maybe he thought it was too clingy? Instead she kissed him. It was a perfect way to tell him she had missed him without actually telling him.

Detrick smiled as Steph turned to face him, it was good too see her face again, he missed her lovely eyes. He leaned in to return the kiss his girlfriend was currently giving him, it felt beyond nice to have he back again, even though it was a few days since he seen her last.

Once they broke away he smiled fondly at her, "I missed you so much." he said, which was an understatemend. He grabbed her hand and began walking again so they wouldn't get caught in the hustle and bustle of people leaving class.

Steph grinned, she was where she was most happiest, in her boyfriends arms.

"I missed you too, so much." She told him, when they broke apart, she leaned into his chest just for a second. Before twisting her fingers with his as they walked.

"Guess what?" She teased happily, not caring she was being stared at by passing students.

Detrick kept Steph close to him as the studends passed them, Drumstrag was a tough place, everywhere so that didn't exclude the corrdors. He looked down at her as she talked. He could take a good guess at what she was going to saybut decided to let her have her moment, "What?" he asked back in a teasy voice.

"I may have got into the band.." Steph told him, a grin on her face. She was so happy, this could be her break.

Detrick waited for Steph to spill the news, obviously it was good news or she wouldn't have brought it up like that. When she said she got into the band, he let out a loud, YES and beamed at her, "See I knew you would. That's great news Steph. What are the rest of them like?" he asked refering to her new band-mates.

Steph grinned, "Im so happy!" She told him, as they walked, she pulled her hand out of Detricks grip and put it around his waist.

"I only met Zak and Brogan, Zak seems pretty cool, he's dating one of my old friends, Nina." She told him, "Brogans pretty quiet, he's Zaks brother. I think he's got a different side. He dated Nina too, but cheated on her."

She shrugged, talking about other peoples messed up relationships scared her a little.
Steph was always gonna be scared she was gonna get hurt, with her past she had learnt to be very closed off from the world. She couldnt deny Detrick was different, so so different, but she was so afraid of losing Detrick. Now she had him, it seemed the worst thing that could possibly happen was to loose him.

Detrick smiled, happy at his girlfriends excitement. He let her hand go free as she placed it round his waist, and he mirrored her movements with his own hand. If felt strange to be walking down the corridors or Durmstrang with someone so close to him, in more ways than one. He was actually letting people get close to him now-a-days. Even in class when he had to partner up with people he wasn't the last one left standing to practice with the Professor or dummies.

Detrick listened to Steph talk as she told him about her audtion. It was nice that she had some sort of connections with the people she was going to be working with. When she mentioned Brogan, Detrick narrowed his eyes, "Mmmm be careful around that Brogan person. Someone who cheats shouldn't be trusted." he said, not finding it strange that he was so protective over Steph, even after a few days. "So are there any other band-mates?" he asked, brightening up slightly.

Steph loved being in Detricks arms, she loved how he was with her, she loved being able to call Detrick hers.

"I think by the way he acts he regrets it, apparently him and Zak fell out pretty bad about it," Steph chewed her lip, she was good at working out what was going on with people. "I hope he isnt as quiet as he was at the audition."

"They havnt auditioned anyone else," Steph told her boyfriend, wondering when they would. She was looking forward to recording some stuff with the band. "We dont have a name yet, Zak sent me an owl, asking me to think of some names."

If he regrets he shouldn't have done it in the first place Detrick grumbled to himself. Not that he could talk about relationships, Steph was his first and he hoped his only relationship and he would never do anything to hurt her, ever! Determined not to dampen her good mood with his over protectiveness he moved away from that subject. "He was probably just nervous." he said with a shrug, people were nervous about that stuff right?

"Mm are they going to audition more people? What positions need filled?" he asked, talking about the band seemed like a good idea, it would help Steph get pumped about it more, because one could never have enough things to be happy about in Durmstrang. "Well have you thought of any yet?" he asked, excitedly.

"Yeah, maybe." Steph said thoughtfully, "He did perk up abit after i'd finished singing." She told him, shrugging.

"Yeah, I think so. Zak is going to be playing the drums, I think Brogans on guitar. I think they have a few people in mind, I guess i'll have to wait and see." She told him.

"What class did you just have?" She asked her boyfriend.

Detrick nodded thoughtfully when Stwph said he picked up a bit after she finished singing, maybe the boy isn't that stupid then he thought to himself with a smirk on his face, "How could he not warm up to you after hearing your beautiful voice." he said truthfully.

He nodded his head in understanding as she explaned that they had a few people in mind, hopfully it would come together soon, he loved seeing Steph excited like this. "Um Dark Arts." he said, displeasure clear in his voice, he truely was starting to hate that subject. "Why do you ask?"

Steph grinned, a sudden skip in her heart beat made her catch her breath. She stopped walking to kiss Detrick, she stood infront of him, on tiptoes, her lips on his.

When she pulled away she grinned at him, she loved it when he complemented her, it made her feel on top of the world.

They started to walk again, this time, Steph took hold of his hand, her fingers entwined with his. "I get the feeling you dont like Dark Arts?" She said, "I dont either, its creepy."

Detrick stopped as he felt Steph stepping in front of him and watched as she reached up for a kiss. Lowering his head he leaned into the kiss, smiling into it. When they broke apart and started walking again, Detrick chuckled, "Not that I'm complaining or anything, but what was that for?" he asked.

He shrugged lightly at Steph's remark about the Dark Arts Class, "To be perfectly honest it used to be my favourite class, but since I've met you I have actually been happy and find the class too much of joy kill." he said. He was finding it easy to be open about things with Steph, even mushy things like this, all seemed natural.

Steph shrugged, "I just felt like it," She smiled.

"Ive never liked it, I guess Im too used to 'Defence against the Dark Arts' to get into Dark Arts," She shrugged, even though for the year before she came to Durmstrang, she hadnt attended any classes at HNZ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back