OOC First Name
Harleigh
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curved 13 Inch Rigid Elm Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
When coming to Hogwarts, Scott didn't know what to expect. He didn't know how much magic he would understand or what would be easy for him. So far, he sucked at flying. Astrology has long been a strong subject for him and he was hoping at Hogwarts it wouldn't be any different. Something about outer space and the stars fascinated him, but he would much rather be on the ground than out there in the sky. The thought of being up high made him nervous which was the only thing he hated about astrology at Hogwarts. Scott had to climb up one of the towers.

The tower itself wasn't so bad, it was when Scott got back to the regular staircases. The ones that constantly changed exposing a terrifying drop below. He was holding his messenger bag strap while it was slung over his body; his eyes danced at the changing staircases. Wishing he had paid more attention, Scott took a deep breath as it felt like everything was narrowing in at the ground below. His stomach was queasy and he groaned.

Lily always hated going up to the towers. But her cousin had been having a hard time lately and Lily was going to bring her some treats. She had never really gotten to the point where she could handle the moving stairs well, but it was something she had gotten at least a little better at ignoring. She didn't even notice she wasn't alone until she heard someone groan. Daring to glance up, she saw one of the new students looking the same way she so often did. Reaching into her bag, she took a few steps forward. "Hi," She greeted gently, laying an arm lightly over his shoulder. "I know. Close your eyes, breath, I'm right here. Let's sit. Slowly. It'll help." She offered, pulling a paper bag from her backpack. "Deep breaths helps the nausea a bit." She spoke softly and tried to reassure him without looking down herself.

Scott was semi-alerted by the older girl's appearance but felt oddly calmed by her touch. Closing his eyes, he followed her instructions, breathing in and out. He slowly lowered himself to a sitting position on the ground. He peeked open an eye for a second to look at the girl, shutting them promptly at the feeling of his stomach dropping. Scott took big deep breaths, just like his grandma showed him. "Does this happen to you?" He asked quietly with his eyes still shut firmly.

Lily kept her arm around the boy, keeping her eyes focused firmly on his face as she lowered herself down with him. He reminded her a touch of Elliot and somehow that calmed her. "Yes," She told him. "I've been here for years and I still hate these stairs," She told him softly. "I'm terribly afraid of heights. Professor Holland had to give me another exam because I couldn't get back on the broom," She told him with a small smile. "Do you have anyone close to you? Sometimes, when I'm with my best friend it helps. Find something else to focus on. Something you care deeply for. It'll get your mind off of where we are." She instructed. It was odd that she wasn't nervous, but he was so little. And she knew how he felt. Poor boy.

Scott felt more calm and relaxed, she was very soothing. He was relieved to hear that she had been going to Hogwarts for years and still had passed Flying class. "I haven't been doing so great with the broom." He thought back to his last Flying class where he had burst to tears. Opening his eyes, he looked at the girl. He was really close with his mom and grandma, but it was hard with him being so far away. Scott figured it would be lame to tell the girl how he missed his mom, but then again he was also freaking out over some stairs. "I met a friend here, named Issac." He scratched the back of his neck, as he did when nervous.

Lily nodded at his words. She remembered that class all too well. She reached into her bag, shuffling around a bit before pulling out a wrapped chocolate muffin. "Here, I made these this morning. I was saving mine for later but you can have it." She spoke gently, giving him a warm smile. "Well, now you have another friend. My name is Lily," She told him, placing the muffin in his hand. "I'm in Hufflepuff. What house are you in?" She asked him.

Scott lowered his hand from his neck and closed his eyes again, another wave of nausea rushing over him. He felt the muffin in his hand and smelt the chocolate. Scott couldn't help but remember the fiasco he had gotten in to in the kitchens over the chocolate. He opened his eyes to look at it, his nausea turning to rumbles of excitement from his stomach.

Looking at Lily, Scott returned her smile. "Thank you, Lily." He was grateful for the girl's kindness and he was grateful to have a new friend. "I'm also Hufflepuff." Scott replied proudly, taking a bite of the muffin. "This is really good. Thank you." He thanked her again, happily distracted from his fear of heights.

Lily giggled, taking his arm in hers as the stairs stopped and attempting to guide him with her up the stairs and onto a firmer footing. "You know, maybe we can walk to meals together. Classes maybe if we're going the same direction. I can write down my schedule for you." She offered. "And I make a lot of treats, I can slip you some in the mornings." She gave him a smile. Why couldn't Rose be this sweet? "What year are you?" She asked him. "I'm a third-year myself."

Scott allowed her to guide him. Having somebody to walk with to meals or even occasionally classes made him feel better. "I would like that a lot, thank you," Scott said. She offered to make him treats and that sounded even more delicious. "I am a first-year." He told Lily in hopes that they could still be friends. "How did you manage when you first got to Hogwarts?" Scott asked her, taking another bite of the muffin.

Lily smiled as he agreed to her idea. "Alright, where are you heading now? We can meet in the common room later and we can compare our schedules." She paused as they hit the landing, not sure where they were supposed to be going. She paused as he said he was a first year. "Ah, alright," She bit her lip. "That means... you know my little sister. Or at least, have classes with her. Rose? Tall, blond, rather angry?" She shook her head slightly. She really needed to do something with Rose. She just... had no idea what. She turned back to the boy as he asked how she had managed. "Elliot," She replied simply. "He's my best friend. Every time I was really afraid, he was there to help me." She smiled warmly, a light blush coloring her cheeks. "I would have been lost without him," She admitted softly. "You know, you never told me your name."

"To the library, I need a book for History of Magic," Scott replied, nodding in agreement. He felt comforted knowing that he would have somebody to help him with the staircases. Nodding his head once more, he had recognized Rose's name from some of his classes. "I don't think I have actually spoken with her, but I do have classes with her." He listened as she spoke about Elliot. It sounded nice having a best friend like that. His cheeks flushed red with embarrassment, he forgot to tell her his name! "I'm sorry!" Scott quickly replied. "I'm Scott. Scott Baker."

Lily blinked as the boy said he was going for the library. "Oh, sweetheart, that's... several stories down. The library is near the common room. I'll walk with you," She offered, forgetting about Ren for the time being. She could check on her brother later. "Well, Rose is wonderful... if you can get past her angry, tough shell." She told Scott. "Once you're her friend, there isn't anything she wouldn't do for you. It's just... hard to get through to her." She winced. That was the entire problem. Rose wouldn't listen to her. She was so caught up in the idea that Lily needed her protection that she couldn't seem to see that Lily didn't need her to protect her here. Lily's attention was brought back as the boy told her his name was Scott. "It's wonderful to meet you, Scott." She gave him a sweet smile. "Why don't we head for the library and you can tell me about yourself?" She offered. It would be nice to make a new friend, even if he was a bit younger than she was.

Scott's cheeks flushed with nervousness and embarrassment when she called him sweetheart and he realized that the library was indeed very far down. He was grateful that she offered to walk with him to the library, that would make it all a lot easier. "Thanks again, Lily," Scott said with a smile, making sure he had all of his belongings. He wondered if he would run into Rose anytime soon, he would be sure to be nice to her. "That sounds like a plan," Scott said ready to follow her. "I really like astronomy. The stars and planets. All of it really."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back