Assistance & Blooming Friendships.

Joselyn Van Zant

Wand
Maple Wand 12 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
Joselyn wasn't sure what possessed her to find the location of her therapist, but he wasn't in his office and today was one of those days where she needed to speak with him, urgently. Apparently if there was an emergency, she was supposed to contact him as soon as possible. Joselyn was doing fine when it came to living on her own in the apartment that Nicholai had given her. He even set her up with a job to help pay for the things she needed. All of that was fine and dandy. It was her parents that were making things difficult for her. They just wouldn't leave her be. They insisted on every occasion that she wasn't ready to live on her own. Or that she was doing things wrong by living the way she was. "I'm not even sure what they mean by that. I pay my bills on time, the apartment is in decent shape, I don't have friends over all the time. What is it I'm doing wrong?" Joselyn figured she actually might not be doing anything wrong. It might be another one of those incidences where her parents were dissatisfied with everything and anything she did. Joselyn was trying though. She really was. They came over so often and bothered her that Joselyn was finally fed up with seeing them. This was why she was going to speak with Nicholai. Chances were that he knew what was going on. He could guide her on what to do. Or at least give her an idea on what to do about her parents. Nicholai was oddly smart. Even if he made her mad, she had to admit that much. Well not to his face or anything. Joselyn trusted him to help her fix this situation since it was his brilliant idea anyways. Even moving out of her parents place didn't save her from their obnoxious ways.

"Kitty, will you hold Boo for me." Joselyn ignored the glare she receive from one of her closest friends. She knew Katarzyna hated being called that. But that was all Joselyn ever called her. Joselyn shrugged her bony shoulders and turned her eyes toward the door. There was no point in really saying sorry to her friend either. She wasn't. There was little point for saying sorry when one really wasn't all that sorry to begin with. Joselyn's pale fingers curved into a fist as she knocked loudly a couple of times. Behind her she could hear Katarzyna struggling with Boo. Neither of them really got along with the other. Joselyn guessed it was due to Katarzyna's lack joy in animals. There was actually a lot of things that her best friend didn't like. Sometimes it was funny to pester her about said things. After a moment, Joselyn knocked again. This time a bit more frantically. She was about to state that perhaps they weren't home or something. But Katarzyna, whom was as impatient as ever, decided to try and open the door anyways. "What are you doing?!" Joselyn hissed as her friend turned the knob. To her luck it was actually locked. Even in frantic situations as this, Joselyn would never dare to enter another person's home without their permission. Finally the sound of the door unlocking could be heard. Joselyn's breath hitched within her throat until the door actually opened. "I need to talk to you." Was all that she said. Hopefully her questions could be answered and taken care of. She had little other choice but to ask him for help. Even if she didn't want to. boo climbed over from Katarzyna and back onto Joselyn's shoulder where immediately she pulled him close and kissed him upon his little nose. At least she had Boo and Katarzyna here with her. It would be awkward if they weren't around.
<i></i>

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">Katarzyna Snow couldn't say she was exactly happy being there with Joselyn right now. She was willing to be there for her friend and everything, but this was a little bit ridiculous. It was late at night, storming outside, and Joselyn had the brilliant idea to come visit her therapist because he wasn't answering the stupid phone. Katarzyna didn't want to be anywhere near a shrink of sorts. They irritated her. "I'm sorry but, do we really need to do this? I'm pretty sure my plan of just killing them both would work out perfectly. We just need to make a solid plan. That way we don't get caugh-ow! B*tch." Katarzyna hissed when she felt Joselyn's fit connect with her shoulder. What Katarzyna didn't understand, was that if Joselyn hated her parents so much, why did she let them live in this world? The Snow's, well when they didn't like someone they got rid of him or her. Simple as that. So it was hard for her to accept the fact that her best friend wasn't going to do a single thing about her parents when they treated her like absolute crap. Katarzyna's parents were the kindest to her but they still treated her like she was an actual human being and all. Joselyn was weird like that. She kept the people that hurt her most, the closest to her sometimes. Perhaps she didn't know any better or something. Either way, she was pretty much screwed unless this guy could help her out.

After knocking a couple of times, Katarzyna grew tired of waiting and tried to open the door herself. She cared little if it was rude or not. She hated to see her friend in such a state. Nor did Katarzyna have much patience or things like that. Katarzyna attempt to turn the knob but it went nowhere. "It's f*cking locked." Katarzyna rolled her eyes and stepped away from the door. Joselyn was being a big ass baby right now. She needed to see the guy and opening the door was a sure way for her to do that. Why freak out about it?! But it was fine since the door was locked anyways. Katarzyna unwillingly took the weasel from her friend and scowled at it. Boo hated her and she easily hated Boo right back. Katarzyna was too busy struggling to keep the weasel still when the door opened, so she barely noticed anyone was there until Joselyn had said something. It was a nerdy, skinny looking guy. Katarzyna snorted and immediately released Boo so he could return to Joselyn. Oh this was certainly going to turn out interesting.​
<i>
</i>

Nicholai Van Zant was doing nothing of importance except he was at his desk in his office, while his roommate and friend was in his own room, doing god new what in the dark room. Nicholai had the day off from his work today, and had his cellphone on silent opposed to vibrate. While he was working on his computer, he would deal with the voice mails later in a timely manner. This was the third time this week his computer decided to crash on him, and Nicholai was tired of it. Turning off the monitor, the slender man got down on all fours as he switched the power surge off. Though the power surge never helped when Thanatos used magic in the house, which he hated. Was that why he was having to fix this blasted computer every week? Nicholai then ensured that the tower didn't have any power to it, because the last thing he needed was to get electrocuted. He needed to be careful enough as is, since he bled easily, and bruised easier than most would. Nicholai started to get to work on the tower, seeing at once that the power supply was fried. He could see the signs before most would be able to identify them. It was really that easy to him. Nicholai got off of the floor and he pushed the chair back to get into his closet where he had stashed many computer parts, old and new. As soon as his hand wrapped around the box and he was closing the door, he could have sworn he heard someone knocking at his door. Thanatos never had visitors, so it must be for him. Who in their right minds would visit him on his day off? Did someone need some help or whatever? He looked at his phone and noticed that he had missed calls. Sighing, he ignored his phone for now, and exited his office without putting the computer part down.

Walking into the living room, he paused when he heard someone trying to open the door. He narrowed his silvery blue eyes at the door before shaking his head. Someone was just being annoyingly impatient. That was all. Nicholai approached the front door, and he unlocked it. He opened the door to see the red-head that he placed in a studio apartment by herself and away from her parents, and someone else. His expression was vague, but it turned quickly to confusion. What in the world was she doing here? What displeased him more was that she brought that little rodent with her. He looked from Joselyn's friend to Joselyn when she heard him say that she needed to talk to him. However she found his house, and while Thanatos was here, it was not like he could keep him in a cage. Thanatos was older, and a lot more sinister than he would ever be. He finally said, "Today's my day off. However seeing as I don't want you to attack me with your rodent thing, come in, I guess. You do know it is rude to try to open another person's door." What he didn;t know was that it was Joselyn's friend that tried to open the door. He gestured for them to have a seat on the couch before he left the room to go to his office. He picked up the tower with his free arm. He didn't care if he was going to talk today, he was going to finish his project one way or another. He set it down on the floor before he sat down on it as well. He opened the box to the power supply so that he could get to work. "You interrupted me while I was fixing my computer. So. While I work on this, tell me what's going on, since it was so important for you to come to my house while you couldn't wait until tomorrow." For the most part, he didn't have anything to say to the other woman. As long as the door was shut, then he was fine. He wasn't even being paid right now, but he didn't care that much anyway.

Thanatos was currently locked in his bedroom, his quill scribbling on blank sheets of parchment. However he came to a sudden stop. His pale hand released the quill and he heard his roommate, the one he had been looking after for the past decade or so, in his office. By now he would be figuring out that his computer was shot. At least the power supply was. Thanatos was somewhat of a sly being. One would not think that he was a Ravenclaw by observing his actions. However his intelligence exceeded that of his sly actions. Thanatos listened to hear what was going on. Thanatos had burned the power supply up by casting a little spell on the computer itself. He knew that his friend would bleed a lot if he did something harmful to it, but this would simply remind him that not everything muggle is the best. Magic exceeded that, clearly. Thanatos would have done something even harsher to the computer, but he didn't want Nicholai dead. Not until the man got on his nerves so much, that Thanatos couldn't handle it anymore. He understood Nicholai more than Nicholai understood him. Nicholai had no idea where he came from, knowledge that even Thanatos doesn't know. However Thanatos had an adoptive family a long time ago. What happened to them baffled the press and media, and something he kept a secret since he was a child. Not even Nicholai knew of his dark past. Thanatos however heard a knock on the door, which made him turn his head so that his ear was facing the front door, blocked by several walls of course. Thanatos didn't lock out Nicholai again. Even if it was entertaining. No, this was someone else.

Scratch that, this was two someones. Thanatos hated it when people walked into his house without being notified. Thanatos stood from his chair, his tall formed draped by black robes lined with green. His silvery purple eyes were cold, as was his expression. He opened the door silently, and he could hear the voice of a young woman, and then Nicholai's words that were of no importance. This was just what Thanatos wanted. Nicholai's work to come here to aggravate him. How Nicholai could deal with others' problems were beyong him. What he did not hear was the door being locked once more. Thanatos kept the door locked at all times. That was how he preferred it. His boots made light sounds on the carpeted floors as he entered the living room, casting no looks at anyone as he walked to the front door. His fingers turned the locks on the door, securing them. He uttered, his voice as cold as ice toward Nicholai, "I've told you, time and time again when I let you move in here, to keep the doors locked." He turned around and then saw the company, and he simply narrowed his eyes. He couldn't tell which of the girls had the problems. He looked back over at Nicholai before adding, "You should just tell them what I advise." His response made him smirk slightly. "Your advice would send them to prison." Thanatos shrugged at that. "If you ever decide to lose your virginity to one of those girls, please leave the house. I don't want to hear that." Thanatos exited the living room where he went to his office, and he shut the door rather loudly. He went back to his desk and he continued to write.

Joselyn furrowed her eyebrow's and stared at Nicholai oddly. Rodent thing? Hadn't she not explained it to him that Boo was a weasel? Perhaps he had only called Boo that to be insulting? "I've already explain this to you. Boo is a weasel, Nicholai." Joselyn had a tendency to argue with Nicholai. The whole way to the apartment that day he set this all up for her, they had practically spent the entire way up arguing. Then as he showed her around, they argued some more. It wasn't cute like those couples who secretly liked one another argue, no it was more like the both of them thought they were clearly smarter than the other. Or at least, Nicholai seemed to be that way. Joselyn just preferred to have her answer win, even if it didn't make much sense. After a moment Joselyn was able to calm down and breathed out softly. She needed to not let her temper get to her. At least not while she was at someone else's home. Plus Nicholai was willing to listen to her, when he wasn't even working. So Joselyn bit her tongue. Now all she could hope for was that Nicholai could help her out. "It's about my parents. I moved away just like you said, thinking it would get them to leave me alone. But it's done nothing. They come over all the time. I don't answer the door but they knock and knock and knock. For hours it seems like! On top of that, they call all the time too. Even if I don't pick up they just call again. They won't leave me alone Nicholai!" He tried the best that he could to get her to live a better life, but he must have forgotten that her parents were close to insane. Hopefully he would have an idea on how to fix this. Because Joselyn was lost.

"I'm really sorry for bothering you. I just worry that it's going to wind up like some really scary movie and they'll break in and kill me." Joselyn heard Katarzyna snort from behind her and she whipped around, blue eyes narrowed into a soft glare. "Shut up!" Katarzyna then glared at her. But Joselyn wasn't sorry. Especially not when her best friend was being rude to her about all of this. She was honestly scared. Her parents were strange. Especially when they wanted to try and get their way. For all Joselyn knew, she was going to get hurt in the process of them getting what they wanted. Why did they want her to come home so badly anyways? Didn't they supposedly hate her or something? It was what they claimed to feel about her. So why go through all of this trouble just to make sure she was miserable? "Please help." Joselyn pleaded. She didn't know what else to do by this point. Except maybe to run away and change her name or something. But she didn't really want to do that if she had other options left to do first.

Katarzyna kind of felt like she was out of place here. Joselyn at least knew this Nicholai guy, but she on the other hand knew no one. But the Unspeakable knew that it would pass sooner or later. Her parents raised her to believe that she needed to be on her toes no matter where she went. If that meant she needed to appear as if she was fine and happy with all of this then so be it. The first thing Katarzyna picked up on Joselyn's therapist, was that he seemed to be somewhat neurotic. It was like he had a lot of things on his mind to worry about or something. Katarzyna could barely understand how someone like him would become a therapist though. People with a lot of problems shouldn't be allowed to give other people advice. That was just her opinion though. That was how bigger problems arose. The last person Joselyn needed advice from was this guy. Personally, if she had the opportunity to talk her best friend into it, she would love to have Joselyn talk to some of her relatives. They were experts on getting people to do what they wanted and when they wanted it it done. Except for Alyssa and Effie. They were the complete opposite. But they were the black sheep of the generation. But aside from them, Katarzyna thought the others could provide some very thorough advice on how to get rid of pests. Sure it was illegal to a point, but Katarzyna felt like sometimes a person had to be a little naughty to truly get everything they wanted in life. "If only people knew what things popped into my mind like they did. I'd be locked up for life or something. Oh well." Katarzyna resisted the urge to smirk at her own morbid thoughts. The brunette was interrupted from her thoughts when an attractive but broody man came into the room. Pale blue eyes focused themselves onto his form.

He was the therapists roommate. How interesting. He seemed much less neurotic though. If anything, he actually seemed like he was one of those dark and gloomy guys. Katarzyna kind of have a sense that he might have been Nicholai's lover too. But she kept that part to herself. His last comment before leaving made Katarzyna snort. As if. "Ew. No thanks. Same goes for you Joselyn." Joselyn looked confused. Katarzyna nearly rolled her eyes at that. Her friend had somewhat of a naive brain lurking around in her head. But Katarzyna pretty much insisted that her friend be more mindful of who she hooked up with seeing as she knew Joselyn was still a virgin. "Is he your lover or something? He seems awful unhappy to see us." Katarzyna purred, making sure that she was loud enough to the point where that guy might hear her. He was kind of rude, so her immediate response was to be just as seemingly hostile if she had the chance to. Plus she really thought he might be into men. He got really upset over the two girls being over. Maybe the two of them were planning on having a romantic night in? Katarzyna really wanted to leave now. This was just getting awkward.

Nicholai rolled his eyes as he continued to work on his computer. His roommate was rather odd, but he was also scary at times. Nicholai didn't know what else to really say. He sighed, "It looks like a rodent, even if the order it belongs in differs from the rodents." That was the main point that he was getting across to Joselyn. It was just awful really. He hated those things, any sort of animal really. Thanatos had a crow, and taught it to send letters for whatever the man needed, but Nicholai preferred to use the mailing system like a muggle. Nicholai made sure that his computer was fixed, and he plugged it in. He pushed the button in to turn it on. He heard it boot up completely, before he switched it off and he unplugged the computer once it was turned off completely. He looked over at Joselyn and the other woman, that he didn't really know the name of at all. Nicholai wrinkled his nose at the thought of what Thanatos said. That was not for him at all, and he did not want to think about it. Joselyn was one of his patients. She helped pay for his living. Somewhat. He pulled one of his knees up and he set his arm on the knee, and then he settled up to listen to her speak. And once more, it was about her parents. His silvery blue eyes almost crossed at the thought of them. Nicholai waited for her to finish, and he inquired first, "Who in the world gave them your address to begin with?" Someone had to have given it to them. He shook his head, and he tried to think of something else.

"So, I might have an idea. You need something equivalent to a witness protection program. You'll have to move to New Zealand. Thanatos has these...erm, connections and should be able to set you up with a small house." He hated having to ask Thanatos for anything. He shot a look of confusion at the other woman, asking him if Thanatos was his lover. "He is my roommate and friend. He likes women, and I don't like anyone. Though when the time comes, I would much rather have a girlfriend." However he knew that Joselyn was afraid for her life. From her parents. That was no way to live, even if her parents' IQs did not add up to the double digits and seemed like they couldn't turn a knob. He stood up off of the floor, and he dusted his pants off. He picked up his computer tower before he murmured, "Follow me, Joselyn. And you too, whoever you are." He walked out of the living room and into his bedroom before he set the tower down, and made sure the connections were in order and in before he left his bedroom, and walked across the hall to find Thanatos' door closed, and locked. Nicholai knocked on the door three times, before it opened to reveal Thanatos. "I need your help, with Joselyn and finding her a home here in New Zealand with your connections to keep her away from her parents."

Thanatos had ignored what the other woman said, figuring that Nicholai would take care of it for him, and he had retreated back to his cold, dark room that was dressed in black and dark green with candles on the wall that gave the room a dim light, and a lantern on his desk so he could write. Thanatos then heard some footsteps, and a couple of knocks on his bedroom door. 'Really?' thought Thanatos with a roll of his purple eyes. He stood up from his chair, and he walked over to the door and opened it, where he stared down at Nicholai, and the two girls. What in the world could they possibly want from him? And then Nicholai asked for his help, and Thanatos narrowed his eyes. Nicholai was actually asking around for his help. Thanatos had some connections with some people, sure, but what Nicholai was asking for, it seemed almost impossible. He told them coolly, "The only way to keep her parents away and at bay, would be to kill them. I could have that arranged than to contact others to find her a house." However Nicholai simply said that the house is the only way. He shook his head. Why in the hell would he want to help out this witch? There was nothing in it for him, and he would have to go out of his way to get this done. He had a deadline for his book to write. Didn't Nicholai realize how behind he was as it was? Apparently not. Thanatos looked down at the ground before he growled deep within his throat and he stepped away from the door, as he went over to his desk and place the novel he was working on away. He pulled out a piece of parchment and started writing to one of his more powerful connections.

Once he finished writing, he folded up the letter and he held it within his fingertips. He cast a cool glare at them all and he hissed, "Nicholai, you better be pleased. If I miss my deadline for this novel, I will have your head on a stick." He held the letter out for his crow, which flew out the window. He was going to contact the darkest family he knew, and his potions connection, Benjamen Zhefarovich. The two of them should be able to locate something. Why was he doing this for Nicholai anyway, and the patient of his? It was not his problem, so he didn't know why he would bother. Just by the idea of those two, the two women, made him sick to his stomach because they knew where he lived and he did not know them. By now he knew what they looked like, so he knew what to do with them if they were to try something. Thanatos took his seat by his desk once more, as he awaited the reply from his 'connection' on getting a house around here. He had an idea if he moved that patient here, then she would keep Nicholai out of his hair with her crazy problems. It might be even better if it was right in this town too. Granted they lived like muggles, but Thanatos just wanted some peace where he would do the secret deeds he did, and to finish that novel.

Joselyn frowned at Nicholai. Whether Boo was a rodent or not didn’t matter to her much, it’s just the fact that he refused to call it anything but a rodent. Animals had feelings too. With a roll of her blue eyes, she clutched her pet closer to her. "I’m not going to feel bad when he bites you." Nicholai would probably respond with something witty, but she didn’t care. Joselyn loved her pet, and wouldn’t punish him for going after those that he didn’t feel comfortable around. It was his way of defending himself. Joselyn watched with curiosity as Nicholai fiddled with this computer. Joselyn used a lot of muggle appliances during her lifetime due to one of her parents being a muggleborn, but a computer was one of those things she had never gotten much experience with. It was probably a good thing as they looked very complicated to mess around with. Joselyn almost laughed when she was able to witness Katarzyna’s reaction to the machine though. Unlike Joselyn, Katarzyna was a pure blood who had been sheltered from any sort of muggle influence. These types of things were so foreign to her. It was almost like she was a little alien or something. Joselyn turned her head to look at her therapist when he asked her who gave them her address in the first place. Joselyn snorted. "If I knew the answer to that I would probably not be bothering you right now." If she knew who told, she could care of the problem and get that person to deal with them instead of Nicholai. But since she didn’t, she didn’t want to deal with them herself. Or make Katarzyna do it, her and her family’s methods for solving problems was kind of messy and well…illegal. So Joselyn just preferred to get help elsewhere.

"That sounds really intense, but thank you. Anything you can do to get me away from them." Joselyn was grateful that he was willing to help her still. When Katarzyna piped up about Nicholai and the other guy being lovers, Joselyn paused and looked at her friend. Katarzyna really didn’t think before she said something did she? "This is Katarzyna. She has no inner filter, it’s just best to ignore anything she says." Joselyn smirked when she saw her friend narrow her eyes at the statement. This was mostly just for Nicholai’s benefit though. If he decided to listen to every little thing Kitty said, he was going to win dup quitting on Joselyn. Joselyn followed Nicholai into his room, then back out and it front of his roommate’s door. However, this guy had bad advice too. He and Katarzyna should hang out sometime. Both suggested killing as an option. This guy seemed like a real grouch, so Joselyn had no idea how he was supposed to help her one bit. Joselyn went to whisper something to Katarzyna, but paused when she heard the man mention something about Nicholai being pleased. Oh, so he must have decided to help out! "Thank you." Joselyn thanked the man she barely knew. Grouchy or not, he at least deserved a thanks for being willing to help her over writing his book. He probably only did it for his friend, but Joselyn was still grateful. Perhaps these two could really help her get away from her annoying parents and their attempts to put her under their control. Hopefully this time there would be no way for them to find her either.

Katarzyna still had no idea why she was here with Joselyn. All her friend needed to do was talk this guy into helping her and she’d be set. There wasn’t any need for Katarzyna to be here, yet Joselyn insisted that she come. Katarzyna knew she needed to quit saying yes to the things people asked of her, due to most requests just being a nuisance most of the time. But every single time she still said yes for some reason. So here she was, dealing with this whole situation when she really wanted to be anywhere but. Killing her parents would still be a much better method in her mind. They couldn’t bother her if they were dead. But apparently that was morally wrong to Joselyn. "She wouldn’t last ten minutes in my family. They’d tear her apart." Katarzyna thought back to the Snows. So many of them were raised on the ideal that they mustn’t allow anyone to get in their way of anything, which was a stupid idea, but it did make them willing to take challenges. No one was allowed to be on top all of the time, but one would be astounded by how much could be accomplished if someone believed they could. Hope did a lot of powerful things. Katarzyna raised an eyebrow as she watched Joselyn’s therapist mess around with some odd looking machine. What in the world was that? It looked like a real clunker. Katarzyna kind of wondered what its function was supposed to be, it was obviously a freaky muggle contraptions. Katarzyna wasn’t raised around these sorts of things, so she had no idea how muggles function without magic. What also confused her was how and why a wizard would want to resort to living like one of them, it was almost degrading. But from what Joselyn had mentioned about the man, he was weird anyways.

"Shut it." Katarzyna hissed as she followed Joselyn’s therapist around the house. Eventually they went to the other man’s door and knocked. When he answered, Katarzyna was finally able to get a good look at him. The other man called Thanatos was attractive; Katarzyna could admit that to herself. But he seemed like he would be the kind that was a pain in the ass to try and talk to. Generally, Katarzyna went ahead and bothered the living daylights out of guys like him. They made it so easy because they were so testy. . "Why do two Wizards like yourself live like muggles?" Katarzyna questioned as they waited for this so called connection to respond. The thought of New Zealand made her a bit antsy too. Joselyn tried to tell Katarzyna that if she was a good friend she would move in with her, and that idea stunk big time. Katarzyna didn’t like New Zealand, nor did she want to move away from the nice place she had now. But chances were that Joselyn was going to be able to talk her into doing it anyways. Hopefully in the mean time, one of them would answer her question on why they wanted to live like muggles. She didn’t understand it, but it might just be due to the way she was raised up. Was either of them pure blooded? If so, it made it even that much more disgraceful. If they were muggleborn it wouldn’t be as bad.

Nicholai rolled his eyes when she said that she was not going to feel bad when the rodent bites him. Nicholai decided to have a comeback against it, "And I'm not going to feel bad when it turns into a scarf, so are we done about your rat?" Nicholai knew that some rich people would love to make a fur coat out of that thing, but he did not know any personally or else he would have directed them to it, if something came to be. But could he really hurt Joselyn like that? Then again he did not really care about her that much. She was a patient of his that managed her way into his personal house somehow in need to get away from her parents. How they found her address, that was something that apparently neither of them knew, so Nicholai was not about to let that happen anymore. He sat back and waited for Thanatos to do what was needed in that dark and dreary bedroom. Nicholai turned to face Joselyn with his arms folded across his chest, "Tell no one except those you trust your new address, once you receive it. I'll get the paperwork done to keep you from being bothered. By doing something that is legal." He cast a look over at the other woman before he shrugged and thought over the options of what to do. He truly wished that there was something he could have done to have changed it otherwise. So that Joselyn did not have to come over to his house to begin with. That was a little bit of a nuisance, and he knew that Thanatos was not going to let him live it down either. It bought him bragging rights of never allowing his patient's life get involved with his own, since this was his own, and Nicholai brought the women into it.

The psychologist took a seat on Thanatos' bed as he waited for the news to arrive. The connections that Thanatos had were often dangerous, and he was positive that he was going to get the woman something. The young woman needed something. He looked over at the woman named Katarzyna but did not say anything to her. She didn't seem like she would be of any use to Joselyn except a bad influence so he was not going to say anything to her. Why would he? Katarzyna was just his patient's friend, not his and he did not have the will to befriend someone so like Thanatos. He could not deal with two of them. One of them was just enough. Nicholai turned to ask Thanatos, "She isn't going to be on Bleak Street where people deal out dark items and stuff, is she? That's the last place where she needs to be." He wanted to know that at least. He did not want Joselyn to be subject to those dark places. None of his patients needed to be. When Katarzyna asked a question, on why they lived like muggles. He turned his gaze to her before he gave his answer, "It is really none of your business on how we choose to live." Well, it was not how Thanatos chose to live, but it was the way that Nicholai tried to enforce it. He hated magic because he did not know what it was, where it came from, nothing. But Katarzyna really did not need to know how they lived. Where they lived was bad enough, but he didn't want his lifestyle exposed either.

Thanatos hated the fact that the girls seemed to make themselves right at home in his bedroom. Well, there was only so much that he could do. Well, Thanatos could always kill them, but he knew Nicholai would give him hell for the rest of his life. He couldn't shake Nicholai away, no matter how much he wanted to. His living habits were annoying as hell, the man had so many fears. Thanatos only kept him around now because he was intelligent, and his plans were amazingly detailed. Thanatos had yet to be caught with his connections to darker items and whatnot. Thanatos checked outside the window and saw nothing yet, but he turned to look at them in silence. The moment that the crow returned, Thanatos took the letter from it before it flew away once more. Nicholai had a fear of birds and seeing him tense up after the arrival. Thanatos heard Nicholai say something about Bleak street before it occurred to him. He shrugged, "You never specified on where not to get a house. Where Benjamen advises us to, Bleak street or not, it is not my problem." Thanatos started to open the letter before he looked at the girls and he started to hesitate. He was not sure on why he was even bothering. Oh yeah, to get them the hell out of his house and to leave him the hell alone. That was all he wanted. Thanatos narrowed his eyes at them before he shook his head and he started to open the letter and he started to read. At least the man was willing to help, and he knew of a place. There was a problem with where the location of the place. Thanatos already regretted getting involved, and he owned a connection something in return, a potion that was entirely difficult to brew. Last time, he nearly blew off his head.

'Great, just great,' thought Thanatos bitterly. Thanatos was about to reveal the news when he heard the older woman's question. His grayish purple orbs went to her for a moment. Sure she was hot and all, but he did not see why she bothered with asking such a question. Nicholai of course butted in, and then Thanatos pointed out plainly, "Your lifestyle is nothing short of stupid. You chose this mediocre lifestyle. I practice magic, which is why your muggle electronics are failing, by the way." Thanatos smirked somewhat before he added, "In case you have forgotten, I have the news on...her new house." The house that would not be on Bleak street which was what he really wanted. Since that would send them away from him, and to a darker street. At least then they would really learn the harshness of life. Thanatos waited a moment before he continued, "There is a house for sale that is not in Bleak street or a bad alley. But right next door. To us." Thanatos toss the letter to the desk behind him and one could tell that he was not pleased. However if he was lucky, maybe Nicholai would spend all of his time over at the house with Joselyn so he could continue to write in peace. He didn't want to be disturbed all of the time and now he didn't know where he was in his novel thanks to the guests in the room right now.

Joselyn narrowed her eyes at Nicholai for calling Boo a rat. Every fiber of her being was telling her to reach out and smack this man across the face for being such an ass. But Joselyn knew better. He didn't really deserve to be hit, just yelled at for being an insensitive jerk when it came to animals and their feelings. "You're kind of a jerk. Just thought you should know." Joselyn retorted curtly in place of arguing with him any longer about Boo's species. There was no use trying to get him to see what she saw, so instead she was just going to stoop to his level and be equally as rude. He was lucky he wasn't battling it out with Katarzyna. That woman had the power to drive a sane man mad with the way she handled these sort of situations. She took no mercy on the things she said either. The only people who will know other than me would be you guys and Katarzyna. So if anyone else finds out it's not going to be my fault. Also, thank you for doing this." Joselyn heard Katarzyna fake a swoon from behind her and wheeled around to give her friend a soft nudge. Just because she was being nice and thanking Nicholai didn't mean she had a thing for him! He was her therapist, and he was trying help her get away from the bad lifestyle she had gotten herself into. Katarzyna was often telling Joselyn that she needed to start thinking about finding a man, but whenever Joselyn pointed out that she needed to do the same, the brunette always dismissed her. Joselyn figured that both of them just weren't ready for that sort of commitment yet. Especially Joselyn whom didn't even have her life together enough yet to be able to date comfortably.

"Some people actually appreciate muggles and their inventions Kitty." Joselyn also appreciated many muggle appliances. Like microwaves! Those things were not only useful as hell, but pretty cool too. Katarzyna wasn't raised around this kind of stuff though so Joselyn didn't expect her to appreciate it. The other guy that Nicholai lived with seemed to share the same opinion as Katarzyna, so he must have been someone not who was also not raised around this sort of stuff. Joselyn was considering on telling her best friend that she needed to go and make friends with this guy. They were both sort of similar. "Bleak Street? No thanks. I've heard some really sketchy stories about that place." Joselyn wanted a decent place to live. One that was not only far from her parents, but also that kept her far away from trouble. Joselyn didn't hope that was too much for her to ask for. Surely at least one of them could understanding her reasoning for saying this. If they couldn't find her a place perhaps she could crash with Katarzyna until they did find somewhere for her to stay. The man named Thanatos revealed that there was a place that wasn't on Bleak Street or some rough place. Joselyn bit her lip, wondering where this place was located. The red head was shocked to hear that there was a place open right next to them. As nice as that sounded, she wasn't too sure if Nicholai would be all that happy about it or not. Would he want one of his patients living right next to him?

Katarzyna shook her head at Joselyn and the man. Did either of them realize that they were arguing over a stupid weasel? Whether the guy called it a rat or not shouldn't matter, but to Joselyn it did. That rodent was like a child to her. That reminds me...I had a cat once. I was really protective of that thing too. Unless it ran away." Katarzyna shook her head. She wasn't sure why she had started thinking about her old pet cat, but she was over it now. Katarzyna could only imagine what it was like for the two of them during their therapy sessions. Katarzyna had half a mind to figured that all they did was argue with one another. Sometimes that made people appear like they'd be a cute couple, but in this case Katarzyna was going to have to disagree with her own thoughts. So it was hard for her to resist doing a fake swoon as Joselyn thanked the man for helping her. "Don't do that!" Katarzyna warned, not liking that Joselyn had just shoved her for joking around. She did hope that her friend would make a move on him if she did start to develop something for him. Therapist or not, a girl needed to follow her heart and make claim on what was hers. That was the motto that Katarzyna lived by. It might have been her inner Snow that made her this way, but she loved being the bold woman she was. It might have been intimidating to some, and attractive to others, but at the end of the day it was what made Katarzyna feel the best at the end of the day. The brunette wished a lot more girls felt like that at the end of the day, but sadly it wasn't something many girls felt at all.

"Bleak Street isn't so bad if you can learn to ignore all the irritating people that hang around here. Or the smell." Katarzyna thought that there was a lot of people on that street that thought they were a lot more intimating than they really were. It was kind of irritating to see people act like that, but there wasn't much that could be done. It wasn't like Katarzyna had the power to control people and made them act the way she wanted them to act. When the therapist rudely addressed her telling her that it was none of her business how they chose to live, Katarzyna curled into fingers into a fist and raised it up, as if she was about to swing. Luckily Joselyn stopped her before she gave that man a black eye or something. "You're one sad excuse for a Wizard. That's all I have to say about that." Katarzyna sneered in Nicholai's direction before she rolled her eyes and turned away. Apparently he didn't know that it was somewhat degrading for someone of the magical sort to live like a muggle willingly. His roommate seemed to disagree with his lifestyle, which was shocking. Katarzyna eyed him carefully before she turned her gaze back to Joselyn, as if to gesture that this guy wasn't as bad as his neurotic friend. But she would see in due time if it was just that one thing that thing or if he himself was truly someone she could tolerate. Katarzyna almost wanted to laugh when she heard that the place Joselyn could possibly be moving into was right next to these two guys. Well that should be interesting.

Nicholai shrugged his really too skinny shoulders the moment that Joselyn had called him a jerk. He sort of knew that the term ‘jerk’ to her meant something else, something to describe him. He would have said rude or something equivalent but he did not. He remained quiet over that statement. It was pointless to argue with someone that acted like a brick wall, with the appropriate hair color to boot. Nicholai pointed his slender finger at Joselyn and he said, "We better bet on it, or else I will not be happy of asking my roommate to do some of the work with some of his really odd connections." Nicholai was betting on the fact that perhaps if they lived close enough, then Thanatos could just deal with them since Nicholai knew that he would not be able to handle it either. Her parents seemed a little nuts, well, more than a little. At least Joselyn was thanking them anyway, and then he heard Katarzyna do a fake swoon, but he had never heard one of those before so he thought that she was a little crazy. "Is there something wrong with you? If you are making weird sounds, you should probably get your head checked." Nicholai actually did not bother hiding that he was insulting her but he had to comment on that thing that she had made. He had no idea what a swoon was, and did not know what it meant. Nicholai looked back at Thanatos and prayed that the connection would get back to him. Nicholai hated the fact that Thanatos would actually insult the way that Nicholai was living. If he could come up with a logical way to study and tell him how magic worked, then he would be glad to practice it, but for now, it was not something he wanted.

Surprisingly though, Joselyn seemed to agree with him. Nicholai had not seen his wand in ages. He kept it in the nightstand, and had not touched it since he graduated from Hogwarts. Ravenclaw was the best house for him, but he did not think much of the other houses. Nicholai shook his head and he uttered, "You are really annoying, the both of you." He looked toward Katarzyna when he had said that as well as Thanatos. However he really hoped that both of them would not gang up on him and Joselyn. And he also hoped that his connection would not send Joselyn over to Bleak Street. He never went down there, but he had not bothered with telling anyone about it. As soon as Thanatos broke the ice about what house is available, Nicholai paled at the thought of it. Having his patients in his house was bad enough, but living next to him made him even more uncomfortable, and one could tell as he shifted on the bed. But, it would be a good thing too. They would not have to go over to his office to go talk and such. "Is that the only place that your connection had?" asked Nicholai to Thanatos, and his nod made him pale even more. "Well, I suppose since you do not have any other choice, we will get the deposit and such. Then we can move you in next door."[//b] By ‘we’, he did not mean him helping out. One cut and he would not stop bleeding for hours. Nicholai was not happy, but he had to help Joselyn somehow.
<i></i>

It was now that Thanatos realized that the ginger girl brought in that weasel. If anything, he did not think of their argument, but rather what potion would turn it into a puddle of goo or something interesting as that. As soon as the ginger girl shoved her older friend, she was sure that they were definitely going to get on his nerves, and fast. Although after Nicholai told him that he was annoying, he stated with ice on his tongue, "Then you should think about moving out and getting your own place." However that comment was definitely over Nicholai's head since the guy did not comment on it at all. After dropping the bomb that the girl would end up moving in next door, Nicholai paled so much, it made Thanatos' lips curl into a wicked smirk. Thanatos saw him pale even more when he shook his head to the response and then heard that they would be helping. That smirk fell since he did not want any part in this. He shook his head and he stated coldly, "I won't be helping out with this event at all. The deposit is on your head. Not mine." Thanatos had his deadlines to worry about, and really did not want to deal with his patients. They agreed a long time ago that he would never interfere with his work since all of his advice was ignored anyhow. Thanatos then thought of something that would definitely assist him in getting Nicholai out, and possibly in the magical world. Thanatos preferred to live there, and he did appreciate that the ginger's friend actually agreed with him, that Nicholai's ways were an abomination. Thanatos rolled his uniquely colored eyes, "Nicholai, I can help out, if you move in with her. I am on a strict deadline and I don't need a brothel going on in my room whenever your patient has parental issues that can be taken care of with two spells, lime and a shovel." Thanatos turned back around at his desk and he started to write a bit more on his novel, hoping that that his assistance was no longer needed, they would get out.

Joselyn could already tell that Nicholai was getting underneath Katarzyna’s skin. He must not have known how bad many of the Snow’s could be with their temper. Their last name didn’t suit the family one bit. Joselyn remembered how badly she had clashed with Katarzyna when they first met; she thought that they were going to kill one another or something. Luckily for Joselyn, Katarzyna was more of a sly person than she was to go right out and display that she was angry. It was what she did behind the scenes that were concerning to people that had upset her. ''Guuuuys, please don’t fight!” Joselyn attempted to keep the peace between Nicholai and Katarzyna. The redhead was more worried for Nicolai’s sake than she was for her best friend’s though, he was hemophiliac from what she could remember, and that would be bad if he got hurt. Joselyn liked him! Not like guy that she would want to date, but he was good to her even when she was being a pain and Katarzyna could be quite vicious when she wanted to hurt someone on purpose. It didn’t seem like Nicholai’s roommate was going to step in and save his friend either. Perhaps he wanted his friend to run into some trouble? Joselyn wondered if trying to talk her friend into being her roommate was going to be a good idea or not, especially if she and Nicholai didn’t get along. ''It does you no good arguing with a psychologist anyways, Katarzyna. They play freaky mind games with you.” Joselyn explained, glancing at Nicholai softly. He had yet to really do the same thing as all the others, but she bet he knew what she was talking about. They often knew how to get things out of people, and that could be dangerous to anyone hiding secrets.

''Though muggles themselves are far less from enjoyable. They think this so called science thing explains anything and everything miraculous that happens. No wonder the whole lot of them are so miserable.” Joselyn had spent a little bit of time around muggles thanks to her parents. They were so obsessed with trying to explain everything. They wanted to a reason to everything they did or said. It was annoying to think about. Joselyn would never want to be closed off. ''Are you sure we’re all going to be able to live next to one another? We haven’t even been in the same apartment for an hour and all we’ve done is argue!” Joselyn’s temper was starting to flare up. More or less she was becoming annoyed by the fact that they weren’t accomplishing anything except for fighting with one another. Event he roommate had joined in by this point, and Joselyn was fed up. ''Wow, I’ll live next door to my psychologist…..this is a bit awkward. But thanks for all the help, the both of you. It means a lot to me.” Joselyn was grateful that they went out to help her. Even if it meant that she and Nicholai were going to become neighbors soon. Then it began to sink in. ''DID YOU JUST SUGGEST THAT HE AND I MOVE IN TOGETHER?! Are you freaking nuts?! You have to be nuts! There is no way that would work, especially when he can’t even tell the difference between a freaking weasel and a rat. So no.” Thanatos must have been on something if he thought that his idea of his was going to work even the slightest bit. Joselyn could handle being neighbors, but not roommates. Knowing him, he’d get rid of Boo in a heartbeat and magic-proof the entire house.

Katarzyna fought the urge to punch Nicholai in the face. Back home, this sort of thing happened quite a bit with her brothers, and she was allowed to do what she pleased when it came to handling them. With this man however, Joselyn seemed very keen on protecting him. He couldn’t be that fragile could he? "You’re lucky I’m not allowed to break your neck.” Her teal eyes narrowed. First of all that would be murder and she didn’t feel like going to Azkaban for something so silly. Second, Joselyn was just about her only friend. It was pretty easy to see that Joselyn had some sort of fondness for Nicholai, whether it was strictly business or not was unknown, but it would also be pointless to throw away such a good friend. Katarzyna wasn’t going to be putting up with his attitude towards her though. If he kept it up he would get smacked, and she knew that Joselyn knew that. Plus there was Nicholai’s friend that Katarzyna wasn’t sure about yet. He gave off this unusual vibe that put her on edge. "Still though, I just can’t wrap my head around muggles or their appliances. Like the pencil. Why buy a writing that continuously breaks, or who uses a form of transportation that kills people who don’t use it right?” Sure it didn’t seem like it was logical to Katarzyna, but she was sure that someone out there got it. Katarzyna grew up being sheltered from that kind of life, so muggles were very foreign to her. Her family was often the death of them actually. Not that she was going to reveal that information around Nicholai. He seemed like he could be quite the tattletale.

Katarzyna watched Joselyn freak out over having to possibly move in with Nicholai and rolled her eyes. Perhaps living with a man would get Joselyn more into the mindset of finding herself a man to spend the rest of her life with. "Joselyn, you’re turning red.” Katarzyna didn’t see a problem with it. Sure he was annoying as hell, but Joselyn didn’t seem to mind him too much. Plus he would take care of her and make sure that her parents stayed away. They also both loved muggle appliances so they could both enjoy those things together. Lastly, Joselyn wouldn’t need to have Katarzyna as a roommate if she had someone else. "I say….go for it. It can’t be that bad. It’s not like you guys would have to share a room or anything.” If Joselyn was that uncomfortable, she could just hide in her room the entire time and avoid Nicholai. Katarzyna glanced at Thanatos and wondered what he was going to say. Surely he would be unhappy about the outburst after he worked so hard to find her a place. Was he tired of sharing a place with Nicholai? He seemed more than happy to get rid of his friend and dump him into someone else.

Nicholai was getting on his nerves, mainly because of the simple reason of the fact that he looked too freaked out to answer. Thanatos knew that Nicholai did not have enough money to cover the deposit, but hell, Thanatos would pay the entire house off if it would get him out of his own home. "Don't kill him in this room. He would bleed everywhere and blood is a pain to clean up. Magic or lack thereof." Thanatos knew about Nicholai's little health problem but he did not know that he told Joselyn. Perhaps he likes her more than what he was letting on since that was normally a secret. Thanatos hoped that the whole muggle conversation had left the building since he thought it was all nonsense, much like religion. Science, every bit of it, trying to explain what is and what was, which was not possible without magic. That alone made more sense to him than anything else. He shrugged his shoulders before he said simply, "Nothing worse than talking about muggles, so don't." It was crazy for them to talk about those things anymore than they had to, and he thought that there would be nothing worse. He looked over at the pairing of Nicholai and Joselyn, knowing full well that there would be chemistry between them if they would just make physical contact. It seemed like they did with the way Nicholai always seemed to be away from her, and made a good distance. He narrowed his odd colored eyes, and thought that she was perhaps the one for him, the one that actually could put up with him for more than a few seconds. Perhaps it would be something one day.

Thanatos caught Nicholai and Joselyn turning red, and this is the quietest he had seen Nicholai since they first met. However Joselyn very well made up for his silence with the explosion. He shrugged and said simply, "You don't have much of a choice, and guess what? It isn't my problem." Thanatos looked at the window and thought that he would be better off alone now. He had some things to do. "Now, get out of my room, and you two women should help him pack. One slice and he is a dead man. The house is, considered, yours now." Thanatos first got Nicholai outside of his room, then the ginger. The last one he ushered out was none other than Katarzyna. Thanatos had however one lingering look at her, since she was not entirely bad. He shut the door behind him and leaned against it so that he could hear them in the hall before walking off to do whatever. He had other things to do. The novel he was working on, but he also had to meet with his connection. Thanatos threw a cloak over his form before he apparated off, after locking the door to his bedroom with a spell. Whatever happened after this, was not his problem. Not anymore.

Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back