Open Asking for Trouble

Maris Wormwood

No-Nonsense | HNZ Caretaker
OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Half Blood
Open after Kiersten and Arle

Maris didn't like to think she was anti-social but things around the school were just so much easier when the majority of the student body were gone for the holidays. She liked everything just so, and while it was a constant battle to keep the castle a certain level of clean throughout the year, the holiday break was the one time she actually felt like she was winning.

She'd been having a decidedly productive morning supervising a collection of feather dusters she'd levitated to clear off the harder to reach nooks and crannies of the entrance hall and was just working out the kink in her neck as they moved onto the nearby suits of armor with a flick of her wand. If things continued going this well, every thing would be clean enough in time for an early lunch and Maris smiled contentedly to herself. If only things could be this smooth during the the rest of the year.

Lena was feeling rushed this morning, having needed to make a few errands and then dropping Charlotte off at the shop with her mom so Henry could do some extensive work on the farm this morning. A large tea in her hand, she made her way into the entrance hall, noticing on the of the caretakers working hard while the majority of students were away. As she took a mistep and caught her robe on the edge of a bench, she tripped, watching her tea fly through the air and splatter all over the floor. "Oh gosh, I'm so sorry," she exclaimed to Maris. Having never spoken to the women, she wasn't sure if she would be friendlier than the caretakers she'd met in her school days, but she went to pull out her wand in attempt to remedy the situation.

"No, no, no. You don't get to escape from me now!", Hayzel huffed as she chased her cat down the stairs from the Gryffindor. One would think she had an escape artist for a cat by the way it successfully dodged her. It was clearly a mistake bringing it back to school after she almost lost it on the train home. No time to dwell on it now as they were down the last flight of stairs and were heading for the entrance hall. With the marble floors shiny, the Gryffindor had to skid to a stop while watching in horror as she was about to crash to a suit of armor, her cat happily slinking away to the outdoors. "Ow!", she groaned as the metal toppled over her, her cheeks flushed from the pain and the embarrassment.

Maris just caught the feather dusters with a quick flick of her wand as they begun the drop, the spell she'd cast broken from the sudden surprise caused by the clatter of breaking pottery. She frowned, turning to see for once it was not one of the few remaining students causing a ruckus but one of the professors. Though she was still a young one, Maris supposed. "You ought to be more careful," she chided, clicking her tongue and moving to help Professor Williams on the likely chance she didn't clean things up properly.

Maris had only made it a few steps however when there was another commotion and Maris had to flinch back as a cat shot past her, quickly followed by a blur she could only assume was a student following it. "Oh for Merlin's sake, really," she huffed as the young girl collided with a suit of armor, sending it toppling to the ground on top of her. "Have we all sent our common sense on holiday as well," she said, rolling up her sleeves and striding over to the pile of plate armor the student was under, shaking her head.

Lena suddenly felt 15 again and sulked to the ground as she picked up a large piece of pottery, feeling a little sad about her mug, even though it could be easily fixed with magic. "Rep-," she started to say, pointing her wand at the ground before hearing a clattering behind her, quickly turning to see a student aand cat interrupting her own chaos. "Oh my, are you okay, dear?" she asked the young girl, quickly moving some of the armor off of her. "I hope you didn't fall because of my tea or hurt yourself." She looked around to see if any of the liquid could have assisted in the fall.

Hayzel groaned as she rubbed her bottom and shoulder from the impact. She squinted her eyes to see who was there to witness her embarrassing tragedy. "Oh, bollocks!", she exclaimed upon seeing the caretaker and the professor looking down at her. She was still on the floor with her bottom half under the armor. She knew she was not hurt though the weight was surprisingly pressing on her. To make matters worse, her cat had officially escaped.

Apologies for the super delay, did not realize this thread was not automatically added to my watch list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back